It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proving that it is better to be dumb...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

It's a test to see if he truly loves you for who you are, not what you are or how you look. The entire point of the OP was to get those sort things out of the way ASAP-a-roony.

You'll never get everything out of the way. Life is too complicated and so are humans. People change over time and how people look changes over time, too. For everything you think you got out of the way, a hundred other things will take its place over time.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

If you like metal music this is generally something she will know before the first date.

She doesn't have to like your music, and you don't have to like hers. What you have to do is respect the other person.

Case in point, my husband loves his rock music. I have always known he does, from day one. If I am not in the mood to listen to his music and he is, then he puts headphones on. It's great that way, he listens to what he wants as loud as he likes, and I am having my pleasant quiet night, yet we are curled up together enjoying one another.... Just being close.

Because I love and respect him, there are times I don't mind it for him to play his music on the computer loudly, and sometimes I will encourage him to this end because I know he enjoys it this way too. It's not all the time, but it is sometimes.

This is him respecting me, and me respecting him. Relationships are about 2 people, and learning to work together, and respecting each other, regardless of likes and dislikes, because no two people are the same.

While reading through the thread one word kept buzzing in my head and it

wasn't till I came to your post that it was actually there . . . 'RESPECT'

The earlier poster that mentioned 'garlic' breath, and others who mentioned

'slobbing out' well . . . .

I personally have respect for all others that I come into contact with,

work colleagues, strangers I sit next to, or engage in conversation on public

transport etc. to be aware of personal freshness etc.

I do it out of 'self respect' and of 'respect to my fellow humans'

I wouldn't want to inflict on others that which I would not like inflicted on me

Mutual respect!? My personal opinion is when that (mutual respect) goes

out of a relationship it's in trouble already!

My regards to Neno

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by eletheia

I very much agree with you!

Neno gives his love and right back atcha!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Now put into context a smoker and non smoker on a date. Unless your oblivious tot he taste and smell of a smokers mouth.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

hellnotes
reply to post by kimish

It's a test to see if he truly loves you for who you are, not what you are or how you look. The entire point of the OP was to get those sort things out of the way ASAP-a-roony.

You'll never get everything out of the way. Life is too complicated and so are humans. People change over time and how people look changes over time, too. For everything you think you got out of the way, a hundred other things will take its place over time.

Right but atleast you know they can, and you can get past red flags that are innevitable in the relationship. Your going to shave at some point your going to have a beard at some point.

She's going to lose her attractiveness at some point so she'll not wear makeup if that is her better half. Someone is not going to do what the other necessarily likes. So you go ahead and test the waters with eachother.

If you can't get past minor red flags your not getting passed serious ones.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I once had someone lose interest in me without even meeting up with me although they was interested it wasn't until they realized that I was intelligent enough to know my pant size that they lost interest.

This is no exaggeration!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Now put into context a smoker and non smoker on a date. Unless your oblivious tot he taste and smell of a smokers mouth.

I have never e. dated so (as a non smoker) I have always known some one before

going out with them, therefor being in close proximity with them when meeting

them I would have a rough idea about the tobacco issue, and be able to come to a

decision whether to take it further and go on to something closer.

Most female smokers that I have known, along with any men I have been close to have

been more conscious of this issue and have cleaned their teeth and mouth washed

more often than non smokers carrying breath fresheners and strong mints. to

alleviate to some extent the problem.

I have always felt that if I can take the trouble to get showered, wear clean

clothes, clean and styled hair make up etc. for others when going out, to work,

shopping etc. Then I could at least offer this same consideration to my 'nearest and

dearest'

Like I said respect and I would add consideration, for others

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphanApology

we probably fart at least occasionally. It's just one of those things.

haha...I cant even imagine that my mind goes whooaa...Maybe I'm homphobic. On a serious note been married 25 years (hetero) I have been farting for the last 10, she has started farting in the last 2 years. We now know nothing will break us apart. The family that farts together stays together. Ie sense of humour is very important

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by XsweetNspiceyX

I read about half of that before I decided that all that you said is just plain idiotic and your some sort of moron. Now I feel like an idiot and moron for it taking half as long as it should have to realize that.

But in the spirit of things OK I'll bite. In fact your situations which you outlined however outrageously hilarious they may be, can be upgraded to stupendiously outrageous and nonsensical. Now say she comes in with a shaved head, bad garlic breath, and is picking her nose and wiping it on her shirt. Now what do you do? You off course opt to have a clause in the prenuptials. A clause which says that in case of bald head, a serious case of bad breath and nose picking, that you are thereby excused and excluded from any further going on. It is only logical right?

But really what if its even worse, what if she has this zit all of a sudden one day on her face, I mean a real huge thing, you cant help but look and stare at it in a kind of bizarre grossed out fascination. Now what do you then? It just maybe the end of the world right?

So lets just lay it out on the line from the beginning. Get the failures out of the way so we can have more time to spend with the right one rather then wasting that time with the wrong one. See my point here? Eventually your going to grow your beard out and shes gonna stop trying to impress you! Either you love my beard or you love me! Plain and simple!

Obviously the problem here is that to many people would not chose the beard. The beard wins 90% of the time hands down, in fact most women when first looking for a man, look for beard grown capabilities of which can be passed down to someday have beard growing little kids and the beard genetics capabilities, and the rest is just a tack on. Right?

And hey it could be worse, what if she one day decides to impress you with her own beard growing capabilities one day. dum dum dum. What then? You know I heard that when women reach a certain age they all start growing a bit of fuzz, obviously the only solution is to make another clause in the prenuptials. One that says "In case of beard all contracts are thereby terminated" I could elaborate and expand further on such things, but I do have things to do you know.

edit on 2amThursdayam132014f4amThu, 13 Feb 2014 02:13:36 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I feel like your an idiot to not realize if your far more ahead then the op you would be watching cheers or friends with your g/f rather then bringing your blight to this site.
edit on 18-2-2014 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

Oh of the people who frequent this site I would be the least of which would be bringing blights. I mean look at the op, you obviously have not read anything he said, or you can look at others on this thread one of which being you for instance to prove that point.

You do realize that the things you say and think may only be shared by you, your opinion of what I should do or be doing are void. I merely decided to chime in and remind some of that in my own peculiar not so peculiar way. However if it is the OPs intentions and as the tittle of this thread says "to prove it is better to be dumb" then I would say he succeeded on that part and proved it with only marginal doubt.

You may carry on now. I shall do the same.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join