It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh... It's not your country... so lets have a bash at them shall we...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

nixie_nox
reply to post by Rodinus

Cleanliness is not a cultural difference. Cleanliness is a standard. And our species progressed when we discovered that washing our hands and eliminating our waste meant healthier people.

The world is a small place. Russia is not some hidden tribe in the amazon that has never seen Europeans before, they are very well aware of basic hygiene standards.

Totally agreed with you Nixie, however, judging on the comments of some people... THEY seem to have an opinion that Russia is a small hidden Amazonian tribe... sadly.

Some people only want to hear and read what they see on MSM and Twitter when posting here... I wonder why some people even joined this community in the first place when our motto is Deny ignorance???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I've noticed the amount of propaganda and fear mongering aimed at Russia over the Olympics. It makes you wonder why US news medias have made a concerted effort to do that. I booked a 4 star hotel in Cleveland, got there and someone had explosive diarrhea in the bathroom. I called the desk and they changed our room. The new room had disgusting toe nail clipping all around the bed. I called again. In the next room, I found a used condom under the bed. I went to the laundry room and there were some tighty whities with a Richard Petty burn-out mark in them laying on the counter.

The next time I had to go to Cleveland, I made it a point to stay at a different hotel--very ex[pensive. It was just as bad as the first one that I mentioned above!!

In this case, trying to embarrass Russia is shameful. It is shameful how the American media has been running their propaganda and fear mongering pieces day and night. Shawn White backed out and now looks like a complete, ignorant tool. But this is how the controlled media in America works. I say good for Russia in wanting to have the Olympic games there and the world should support them. Not this lamestream crap that is going on every news station right now. It's sickening, and I hope new medias get created and completely destroy the mainstream ones. It has to happen.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Rodinus

nixie_nox
reply to post by Rodinus

Cleanliness is not a cultural difference. Cleanliness is a standard. And our species progressed when we discovered that washing our hands and eliminating our waste meant healthier people.

The world is a small place. Russia is not some hidden tribe in the amazon that has never seen Europeans before, they are very well aware of basic hygiene standards.

Totally agreed with you Nixie, however, judging on the comments of some people... THEY seem to have an opinion that Russia is a small hidden Amazonian tribe... sadly.

Some people only want to hear and read what they see on MSM and Twitter when posting here... I wonder why some people even joined this community in the first place when our motto is Deny ignorance???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

People only understand the culture they live. It is actually human nature, you really can't fault people for not being able to fight biology. Which is why something that happens closer to home is more imperative than something happening in another country.

Hell, even in the US. the southwest citizens think that the Indians have everything handed to them, and the east coast citizens think they still live in teepee and wigwams and wear feathers in their hair.

But this goes both ways.

The rumors of the US is that Americans are lazy. But we work more than any other nation. When people move here, and I have asked folks from every continent, what was the biggest myth broken about Americans, they always say: that you are lazy. You people are actually insane workers.

When I think of Russia, I know they are still playing catchup. I would expect the place to be about 20 years behind. But that doesn't mean dirty, disheveled, or unorganized.

And that is what it really comes down too, they have a serious organization problem.

Here is a great example of the difference. I have driven across the US no less than four times. This doesn't count going south to Florida.

When moving back from Phoenix, we stopped at a little roadside motel in Texas for the night.

This room hasn't been renovated since the 50s. Had a tacky western theme with cowboys all over the couch and a mural on the wall.

The tv was still a dial tv. My husband and I had to jog our memories since when we were kids to change the channels.

But it was spotless, and comfortable, and the most comfortable bed I have slept on, and I was 7 months pregnant. So that is saying something.

I wish I had an excuse to stay there again.

The moral of the story is that you don't expect a Russian city to be like Tokyo with robotic toilets, but you do expect it work and be clean.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Fylgje
I've noticed the amount of propaganda and fear mongering aimed at Russia over the Olympics. It makes you wonder why US news medias have made a concerted effort to do that. I booked a 4 star hotel in Cleveland, got there and someone had explosive diarrhea in the bathroom. I called the desk and they changed our room. The new room had disgusting toe nail clipping all around the bed. I called again. In the next room, I found a used condom under the bed. I went to the laundry room and there were some tighty whities with a Richard Petty burn-out mark in them laying on the counter.

The next time I had to go to Cleveland, I made it a point to stay at a different hotel--very ex[pensive. It was just as bad as the first one that I mentioned above!!

In this case, trying to embarrass Russia is shameful. It is shameful how the American media has been running their propaganda and fear mongering pieces day and night. Shawn White backed out and now looks like a complete, ignorant tool. But this is how the controlled media in America works. I say good for Russia in wanting to have the Olympic games there and the world should support them. Not this lamestream crap that is going on every news station right now. It's sickening, and I hope new medias get created and completely destroy the mainstream ones. It has to happen.

Shaun White backed out because the slopes were dangerous and too steep, and another snowboarder got seriously injured while trying to practice.

So no, he isn't a tool.

Others backed out as well until they fixed the slope.

Get your facts straight before going on some raging conspiracy theory.
edit on 7-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

So are you agreeing and believing that all the so called journalists that have been "tweeting" are right Nixie?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They ran out of pillows....

How exactly is this one a culture issue??

A Pillow Shortage...

“ATTENTION, DEAR COLLEAGUES!

Due to an extreme shortage of pillows for athletes who unexpectedly arrived to Olympic Village in the mountains, there will be a transfer of pillows from all apartments to the storehouse on 2 February 2014. Please be understanding. We have to help the athletes out of this bind.”

Link to capitalistic propaganda photo of fake Russian notice

edit on 7-2-2014 by ChuckNasty because: added second link

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by nixie_nox

So are you agreeing and believing that all the so called journalists that have been "tweeting" are right Nixie?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I think they are right but people are taking them too seriously. NBC came right out and said: they are bored, not much is going on around there for them too do, they have nothing to do till the games begin, don't take them so seriously.

And the stuff they are coming up with is funny.

People are taking it too seriously.

If you read a little deeper, you can see it is not attacks. They are not saying the staff is horrible, or the people are rude, or they are being robbed at gunpoint. All they have done is make jokes about hot water.

Though I can personally say that the water would totally skeeze me out.

And if people think that Americans are not critical of their own infrastructure, they have obviously never read hotel reviews, online.

Quite frankly, they could be a lot harsher if they wanted too be.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If you read a little deeper, you can see it is not attacks. They are not saying the staff is horrible, or the people are rude, or they are being robbed at gunpoint. All they have done is make jokes about hot water.

The sad thing about it Nixie is that certain people are taking these types of comments seriously and creating a storm in a teacup...

If you look at some of the snide self centered unsavoury comments about the Russian Sochi Olympics in the various threads throughout ATS you will see what i mean.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Rodinus

The sad thing about it Nixie is that certain people are taking these types of comments seriously and creating a storm in a teacup...

If you look at some of the snide self centered unsavoury comments about the Russian Sochi Olympics in the various threads throughout ATS you will see what i mean.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

With all due respect Rodinus, this IS ATS....that basically applies to every thread on this site.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Rodinus

If you look at some of the snide self centered unsavoury comments
Pot calling the kettle black..

about the Russian Sochi Olympics in the various threads throughout ATS you will see what i mean.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

nixie_nox

Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

With all due respect Rodinus, this IS ATS....that basically applies to every thread on this site.

Gnuurrkkkkkkkkkk

Absolutely right

Edited to add, an example is the post above this one that I have just typed... who needs to put boxing gloves on to have a conversation... not me, thats for sure...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: word added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus,

In 1492, when Jesus discovered America and became American, it became clear, even then, that we were destined to be the best. When we defeated Communist Russia later that same year and nuked Berlin, we opened Starbucks all over the world in the hopes that everywhere would become 'Muricanised.
So it is a disappointment to many that not everywhere is 'Murica yet.

Sochi is just north of Miami, isn't it?

Kindest regards,

beez

PS, never trust the Canadians. Their bacon is round.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Rodinus

nixie_nox

Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Gnuurrkkkkkkkkkk

Absolutely right

Edited to add, an example is the post above this one that I have just typed... who needs to put boxing gloves on to have a conversation... not me, thats for sure...

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: word added

Considering that I can't stand the Olympics and cringe everytime they roll around, I know too much about this.

But even many Russians are critical of Sochi. And I can understand why. And many citizens say they hope that Russia never hosts an event like this again.

Now that is a harsh claim to make.

I imagine it would be a little disturbing to see so much money go to a place that 99% of them won't have access too, instead of using it to rebuild current infrastructure.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Rodinus

Rodinus,

In 1492, when Jesus discovered America and became American, it became clear, even then, that we were destined to be the best. When we defeated Communist Russia later that same year and nuked Berlin, we opened Starbucks all over the world in the hopes that everywhere would become 'Muricanised.
So it is a disappointment to many that not everywhere is 'Murica yet.

Sochi is just north of Miami, isn't it?

Kindest regards,

beez

PS, never trust the Canadians. Their bacon is round.

Gnuurrrrrkkkk yet again

And I always thought that bacon came off the cow in triangles... Like the cheese does... Or does that come from pigs?

Right... where is that darned blue pill???

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Rodinus
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Have you ever been to Russia, have you ever been to Sochi? (Or is your opinion only based on what you have learned from here and the media?)

edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: My apologies, typed too fast.

I was going to post on this, but I've never been to Russia.
I guess that means I know nothing, and should gtfo out this thread.
Apparently, if you haven't been to Russia in person, your opinion is based off nothing, and you have nothing of value to add to the discussion.

Keep up the good work guys, maybe one day I can afford a trip to Russia.
Until then I'll just keep my opinion to myself for fear of getting brushed aside by the OP.
edit on 7-2-2014 by rangerdanger because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Why should I brush you away if you are prepared to have a well thought out serious discussion?

Even if you have never set foot in Russia, I am sure that your are well educated enough to either be open minded enough or research enough info before voicing your own opinion

Up until now, I personally believe that I have respected each and every posters opinion here on this thread whilst at the same time voicing my own opinion!

You are kindly invited to correct me if you think I am wrong, but it would be such a shame to turn this thread into a full pitched battle instead of a mature discussion.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I find it funny that someone asked " have you ever been to Russia? ". Most people here have never been there. Of course most people here have never held an elected office, owned a business, drove a tank, worked in healthcare or examined a dead alien body. So I guess their opinion on any of those subject is also invalid.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I find it funny that someone asked " have you ever been to Russia? ". Most people here have never been there. Of course most people here have never held an elected office, owned a business, drove a tank, worked in healthcare or examined a dead alien body. So I guess their opinion on any of those subject is also invalid.

Thanks for your much appreciated and extremely pertinent comment Hoosier,

My mistake and ready to admit that I should have rephrased and added something like, have you ever researched details about Russia, its people and their history?

I think that most people here at least do a little research on the topic before posting an answer no?

kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
Who gives a crap about CNN crew at Sochi. As a matter of fact they've deserved it.

The fact that Russia isn't ready for the Olympics is a story.
Somehow CNN deserves it? That's silly.
edit on 2/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: edited to stay polite.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

It's cool rodinus, people should be able to have a discussion without resorting to name calling and insults.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join