It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh... It's not your country... so lets have a bash at them shall we...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by Rodinus

It's cool rodinus, people should be able to have a discussion without resorting to name calling and insults.

Totally agreed... luckily up until now no name calling has come up on this thread

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I just can't wait for the boxing matches to start!

USA
USA
USA

!

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Rodinus
I wonder why some people even joined this community in the first place when our motto is Deny ignorance???

And part of denying ignorance to accept the truth when it's staring you in the face.
The truth is ... Sochi has problems. Russia isn't prepared. Every other country has been.
Russia doesn't have the excuse that it's 'third world' or that it's 'cultural'.
Having toilets without connecting plumbing isn't a 'cultural' issue ... it's a building corruption issue.
And that's a valid story.

** I said 'you' ... as in general you .. not YOU personally rodinus.
edit on 2/7/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

beezzer

USA
USA
USA

!

*rummages around in his hunting bag for the snare*

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Erm... i didn't know they were holding boxing at the Olympic games?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In the winter we like to watch the ice skating. In the summer we watch the swimming.
We'll still be watching. Just because Russia hasn't got it's act together isn't a reason not to.

Side note - just saw a news story that the opening ceremonies didn't work ... one of the 'olympic rings'
didn't go from a snowflake to a ring .. so the giant olympic rings is only four and not five at the finale.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

FlyersFan

Rodinus
I wonder why some people even joined this community in the first place when our motto is Deny ignorance???

And part of denying ignorance to accept the truth when it's staring you in the face.
The truth is ... Sochi has problems. Russia isn't prepared. Every other country has been.
Russia doesn't have the excuse that it's 'third world' or that it's 'cultural'.
Having toilets without connecting plumbing isn't a 'cultural' issue ... it's a building corruption issue.
And that's a valid story.

Maybe we should rephrase this Flyers... By not saying Sochi has problems but certain hotels?

From the way we are hearing everything at the moment, journalists are making it look as if the whole city is unprepared!

It would be great to hear from the athletes and not just one or 2 athletes but the majority, to hear their side of the story.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Rodinus

beezzer

USA
USA
USA

!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Apologies.

Just being stupid.

I'm in one of my "moods".

I'll behave.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

beezzer

Rodinus

beezzer

USA
USA
USA

!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Apologies.

Just being stupid.

I'm in one of my "moods".

I'll behave.

No need to apologise Beez, I for one highly appreciate your humour...

By the way, did you try that Lapin à la moutarde recipe that i gave you?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Rodinus
Maybe we should rephrase this Flyers... By not saying Sochi has problems but certain hotels?

I'm just going by what Putin said. He said Sochi would be ready and he included the hotels in with that.
But if you want to have them separately ... it's your thread ... okay.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by beezzer

In the winter we like to watch the ice skating. In the summer we watch the swimming.
We'll still be watching. Just because Russia hasn't got it's act together isn't a reason not to.

Side note - just saw a news story that the opening ceremonies didn't work ... one of the 'olympic rings'
didn't go from a snowflake to a ring .. so the giant olympic rings is only four and not five at the finale.

Watching the ceremony live right now.

That was just a technical hitch that could have happened no matter which country it was held in... they seem to be putting a pretty wicked show on though...

So without much further ado folks.... Lets the flame of the Olympic spirit live on...

Have a great weekend.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

NO. The fact is that you spoiled cry babies always making up reasons to brag about something.
And you FF deserve to live for a couple of months with poorest people to get the feeling how it is.
After that you'd be thanked for even having a roof above your head.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

But if you want to have them separately ... it's your thread ... okay.

Can we stop this please?

I would like to add something from the Olympic charter which also applies to us armchair athletes :

The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 7/2/14 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I travel down to Mexico a lot. The resort bathrooms are just like they are here in the states, but once you leave the resort they are all mostly horrible. If that is not bad enough, they make you pay to use half of them.

I am talking any public bathroom, not so much a place of business, those are usually just as nice as our truck stop bathrooms here in the states. Course, The worst I ever seen in my life was at Cabo Wabo's bathroom, in Cabo San Lucas.

You can't tell me that the owner, Sammy Hagar (Former Van Halen front Man), cannot afford to put in some good plumbing? I never seen anything like it. Still love Mexico though. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

nixie_nox

Fylgje
I've noticed the amount of propaganda and fear mongering aimed at Russia over the Olympics. It makes you wonder why US news medias have made a concerted effort to do that. I booked a 4 star hotel in Cleveland, got there and someone had explosive diarrhea in the bathroom. I called the desk and they changed our room. The new room had disgusting toe nail clipping all around the bed. I called again. In the next room, I found a used condom under the bed. I went to the laundry room and there were some tighty whities with a Richard Petty burn-out mark in them laying on the counter.

The next time I had to go to Cleveland, I made it a point to stay at a different hotel--very ex[pensive. It was just as bad as the first one that I mentioned above!!

In this case, trying to embarrass Russia is shameful. It is shameful how the American media has been running their propaganda and fear mongering pieces day and night. Shawn White backed out and now looks like a complete, ignorant tool. But this is how the controlled media in America works. I say good for Russia in wanting to have the Olympic games there and the world should support them. Not this lamestream crap that is going on every news station right now. It's sickening, and I hope new medias get created and completely destroy the mainstream ones. It has to happen.

Shaun White backed out because the slopes were dangerous and too steep, and another snowboarder got seriously injured while trying to practice.

So no, he isn't a tool.

Others backed out as well until they fixed the slope.

Get your facts straight before going on some raging conspiracy theory.
edit on 7-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

I'll just leave this here: espn.go.com...

SW made a mistake by being over-sensitive, IMO. I'm sure he got a nice little pat on the back, though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join