It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "NO" votes for independce in 1776. Can you guess which ones still wanted to be under the crown

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

alldaylong
Are you taking the piss?

What you are implying is that those troops were based in the colonies to impose military government on The 13 Colonies.
You know as well as i do that is total bollocks.

I dunno, you tell me.

Those weren't volunteer boyscouts killing the colonists over a disagreement about who's wigs were whiter. I noticed you've again in replying sidestepped Lexington and Concord.

Oh, yeah, wait. The Crown gave up the little squabble with the 13 Colonies so as to better spend resources in India. I've heard that one as well.

Refresh my memory here, Wasn't it referred to and still to this day bragged about being called the "British Empire"

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
Are you taking the piss?

What you are implying is that those troops were based in the colonies to impose military government on The 13 Colonies.
You know as well as i do that is total bollocks.

I dunno, you tell me.

Those weren't volunteer boyscouts killing the colonists over a disagreement about who's wigs were whiter. I noticed you've again in replying sidestepped Lexington and Concord.

Oh, yeah, wait. The Crown gave up the little squabble with the 13 Colonies so as to better spend resources in India. I've heard that one as well.

Refresh my memory here, Wasn't it referred to and still to this day bragged about being called the "British Empire"

You have totally lost me in what you are trying to say.

I take it you believe the film "The Patriot" was indeed a factual account of the revolution?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

No, I'm talking about how you still hold to the notion that the troops were here to simply defend against the Natives, Yes, there were instances of that occurring they were however also here to defend the interests of the crown as well and many could argue that this was a much more important aspect of their activities.

Lexington and Concord?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

I guess I learned something new and interesting today

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Does the Queen of England own the value land in US and doesn't she also own Federal Reserve.
The US won the right to its own flag and for individuals to carry guns, but what other freedoms did you gain over Britannic rule?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Of course the crown had troops in the Americas to protect their interests and their interests included protecting the people of the colonies. Why else would we have troops in all of our colonies, it was either to wage war with indigenous people thereby expanding the colonies or to protect the colonials. It was also in situ to quash any rebellion.

Alas it was used in Ireland to great effect in the early 1800's.
edit on 27/12/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

No, that People's Trust lady and the truck drivers foreclosed on everything. The Queen is old news.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

Interesting history, at that time the American colonials were primarily (but not exclusively as you know, French and Dutch as well) British in origin and it was simple common sense to if at all possible break ties to a government that did not have there interests at heart, but also remember that king George was actually not the rightful king of England and there were a number of missed opportunity's in Britain, often people think on the French but we had two revolution in Britain as well as several coup's that replaced various royal lines, the two civil wars here the first being the war of the roses that led to the rightful (based on perceived lineage) royal house being deposed and the house of tudor usurping the throne and the parliamentary revolt (AKA the English civil war) that led to king Charles being beheaded and because of strict protestant religious laws being enacted by the parliament there after the people of Britain cried for a return to the royal system (As like the later prohibition alcohol except for sacramental wine was banned) and the parliamentarians not wanting to hand the throne back to a catholic instead asked prince William of Orange (A Dutch noble with only the most distant claim to the throne but suitable protestant) to take the crown and that was another one.
We once had a poor man whom should have been king called Watt Tyler whom led a revolt against serfdom and could have crushed the norman overlords but he accepted parley and was murdered by the kings nights thus leaving the peasent army leaderless and they were thereafter routed, now remember the normans were essentially thugs, crooks and gangsters whom raped and robbed to there hearts content as well as inbred to create lineages that they instituted as royalty when in fact they are actually inferior.
The real question to be asked from what you have found is what ties, commitments and investments such as plantations these representatives had to the rest of the British empire at that time.
S+F
edit on 27-12-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

beezzer
I know I've said this before, but if we bring a nice fruit basket, a polite apology letter, maybe some flowers. . . .

Do you think the Queen will take us back?

Beezzer.....I am sure she will take you back right now....so pack your bags but leave your tooth brush and head across the pond. You can be your own fruit basket and there is no apology big enough for someone like you.....people like you make me wish I never served you in the military.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

Wow. A nice cup of harsh.

When did you serve me when I was in the military?

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

beezzer

If you were ever in the military....you wouldn't say things like "maybe England will take us back"....nice try though

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

AthlonSavage
Does the Queen of England own the value land in US and doesn't she also own Federal Reserve.

Er, No ......

She doesn't live in Pogle's Wood either. And Paddington Bear is not the Chancellor or the Exchequer.

The US won the right to its own flag and for individuals to carry guns, but what other freedoms did you gain over Britannic rule?

To make tea properly. With fresh boiling water.....

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

beezzer

If you were ever in the military....you wouldn't say things like "maybe England will take us back"....nice try though

I was.

And I just did.

But apologies.

'MURICA!

*grunt*

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

beezzer

UxoriousMagnus

beezzer

I was.

And I just did.

But apologies.

'MURICA!

*grunt*

Ahh Beezzer, Beezzer, Beezzer....no need to grunt.

It is just that there are only two possibilities that I can see here.
....either...
1) You are lying about being in the military (which is illegal like saying you are a cop) and disgusting to a degree that would make a dung beetle gag.
or
2) You were in the military and have forsaken your oath to the American people and should probably be hanged for sedition.

either way......not so good.....you know?

not being a big fan of America....well that's just a healthy opinion but saying we should be under another flag.....that my friend is......sedition

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

look i was army infantry but hanged, i wouldnt go that far. freedom of speech is more important than someones distasteful opinion. however i dont even think beezer meant it in earnest and was probably just taking a shot at our #ty government and state of affairs.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

TechniXcality

look i was army infantry but hanged, i wouldnt go that far. freedom of speech is more important than someones distasteful opinion. however i dont even think beezer meant it in earnest and was probably just taking a shot at our #ty government and state of affairs.

I am all on board with the fact that our Gov is sh%& but saying we should be under Englands flag or wishing "they would take us back"....give me a break but you are probably right....he probably was just poking the bag to see what fell out....

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

beezzer

UxoriousMagnus

beezzer

I was.

And I just did.

But apologies.

'MURICA!

*grunt*

Ahh Beezzer, Beezzer, Beezzer....no need to grunt.

It is just that there are only two possibilities that I can see here.
....either...
1) You are lying about being in the military (which is illegal like saying you are a cop) and disgusting to a degree that would make a dung beetle gag.
or
2) You were in the military and have forsaken your oath to the American people and should probably be hanged for sedition.

either way......not so good.....you know?

not being a big fan of America....well that's just a healthy opinion but saying we should be under another flag.....that my friend is......sedition

“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

― Hillary Rodham Clinton

I'm not going to waste anymore time on this matter. You are not that important for me to offer up my DD214. Nor is your lack of humour a cause for concern on my part.

The only suggestion I could possibly make is perhaps more bran in your diet.
edit on 29-12-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I know I've said this before, but if we bring a nice fruit basket, a polite apology letter, maybe some flowers. . . .

Do you think the Queen will take us back?

We'll gladly welcome the prodigal son back into the fold when the day comes....as it surely will one day.

This thread has made me smile.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Helpus2014

How would New york voted if they were able too? Any clues?

Ve're a British colony now? Oy! I thought ve vere Dutch.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You may be under a flag with out the union jack, but you still are controlled by a unfair system.
No one will escape the clutches of greedy evil corporates, who have their hand in controlling the system for their own benefits.

The only way out of this is another fight for Independence making sure greed isn't in your governments or never does infiltrate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join