It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "NO" votes for independce in 1776. Can you guess which ones still wanted to be under the crown

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

reply to post by Cobaltic1978

You both are thinking of Yoko Ono.

(Who was actually French)

Ah, sorry my mistake. At least we had the beach boys.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Kind of like how they cover the Civil War in the southern states where it is still called the war of northern aggression.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

SLAYER69

A fantastic song that just about sums up how every Government in the world treat their people. With the exception of Greece in the old days, but look what happened there.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

beezzer

You both are thinking of Yoko Ono.

(Who was actually French)

LOL

No, I knew you were being cheeky and ironic

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

Sure it was. Tell that to the farmers who did most of the fighting and lost the most when their families were killed and their homes burned to the,ground.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by AshleyD

The crown had all but ceased any real support to the colonies .

That is where you are wrong.

Tens of thousands of British infantry men were garrisoned throughout the 13 Colonies to protect the colonists from attack by native indians
Part of the taxation that the colonists paid was to fund those military garrisons.

As i stated previously the US founders were from The Elite Classes, and there purpose of breaking from The Crown was to further feather their own nests.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It may be cute especially to a drunk but it's still wrong. The Beatles were English. Notice I didn't say British.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Sure it was. Tell that to the farmers who did most of the fighting and lost the most when their families were killed and their homes burned to the,ground.

The farmers were used as "Cannon Fodder" by The Elite.
Were where The Elite when the fighting was going on?

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

alldaylong

AutumnWitch657

The farmers were used as "Cannon Fodder" by The Elite.
Were where The Elite when the fighting was going on?

Sat in their mansions ensuring their slaves continued to work their butts off in order to earn more of the filthy lucre.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Not at the end. Early on we got lots of help but it was dwindling down and the fact that Great Britian was far away meant that often help arrived too late or not at all. That and the fact that most colonists were the poor who didn't have a lot to give back to the crown for that support made us more stepchild than favored sons.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

It may be cute especially to a drunk but it's still wrong. The Beatles were English. Notice I didn't say British.

Sorry but its obvious they were Murican, everyone knows British music sucks.
Are you saying the Beatles sucked???

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

alldaylong

Tens of thousands of British infantry men were garrisoned throughout the 13 Colonies to protect the colonists from attack by native Indians

Part of the taxation that the colonists paid was to fund those military garrisons.

OK, here we go.

I believe the part about the taxation of the colonist was to pay for the troops but are you going to sit there and believe what you were taught about defending the colonists against the native Indian bit?

That blatantly smacks of British propaganda.

I guess those troops [Paid for by the colonists] must have mistaken their brethren in the streets of Concord and Lexington as Indians...
edit on 27-12-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong

Tens of thousands of British infantry men were garrisoned throughout the 13 Colonies to protect the colonists from attack by native Indians?

OK, here we go.

I believe the part about the taxation of the colonist was to pay for the troops but are you going to sit there and believe what you were taught about defending the colonists against the native Indian bit?

That blatantly smacks of British propaganda.

I guess those troops [Paid for by the colonists] must have mistaken their brethren in the streets of Concord and Lexington as Indians...

British propaganda?

I think the same could be said for American Propaganda. Americans are taught a potted history of the Revolution. The parts they don't like or don't want to hear they leave out.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

rickymouse

That is true. Why the distinction between English and British. I thought they were considered the same thing.

Great Britian consists of England, Scottland, Wales, and Ireland. Each is a separate country but all are British subjects under the crown. Call an Irishman English and see what it gets you.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

Not at the end. Early on we got lots of help but it was dwindling down and the fact that Great Britian was far away meant that often help arrived too late or not at all. That and the fact that most colonists were the poor who didn't have a lot to give back to the crown for that support made us more stepchild than favored sons.

Here is part of a reply i gave to Slayer69:-

Americans are taught a potted history of the Revolution. The parts they don't like or don't want to hear they leave out.

The same reply i give too you also.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

alldaylong
British propaganda?

Yes.

The colonist [Whether you care to believe or not] were living here in cities and amongst the Indians, Yes, there were confrontations with the Natives and Yes, Massacres happened. But to imply that all those troops were needed for the sole and simple purpose was to defend against the "Natives" is not facing reality.

The parts they don't like or don't want to hear they leave out.

Ditto

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

SLAYER69

Gosh those guys were soooo cute. George I still miss you. John such a loss. What a talant. Paul and Ringo are still the bomb though now I think Ringo aged better. Could be snuggling up with luscious Barbara Bock every night that keeps him young and stylish.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
British propaganda?

Yes.

The colonist [Whether you care to believe or not] were living here in cities and amongst the Indians, Yes, there were confrontations with the Natives and Yes, Massacres happened. But to imply that all those troops were needed for the sole and simple purpose was to defend against the "Natives" is not facing reality.

Ditto

Are you taking the piss?

What you are implying is that those troops were based in the colonies to impose military government on The 13 Colonies.
You know as well as i do that is total bollocks.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

SLAYER69

alldaylong
British propaganda?

Yes.

Ditto

In defense of and from the natives ....

an Indian uprising on the Ohio frontier--Pontiac's Rebellion--led to the Proclamation of 1763, which forbade colonial settlement west of the Allegany Mountains. This, too, would lead to conflicts with land-hungry settlers and land speculators like George Washington (see map above).

www.loc.gov...

How DARE he, that was OUR George's land!!!!

edit on 27-12-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

rickymouse

That is true. Why the distinction between English and British. I thought they were considered the same thing.

The English, Scottish and Welsh are all British, in the same way that Mexicans and Canadians are all North Americans.

But not all Britons are English in the same way not all North Americans are Mexican.

Anyway, back to the war - I thought it was all 'cos the Americans wanted to make tea using cold sea water? From what I hear, they haven't changed much

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join