It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "NO" votes for independce in 1776. Can you guess which ones still wanted to be under the crown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

I honestly think that another war for independence will cross many borders.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by amraks

It will indeed.

How would it be declared?

Would it start off as a riot or would a state call it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

amraks

beezzer
reply to post by amraks

It will indeed.

How would it be declared?

Would it start off as a riot or would a state call it.

I think I'll leave that to people far smarter than myself.

But if I had to guess, it'd start off as a riot and just grow.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have a few questions for all the folks who're haggling over "who served America best".

Did you fight a designated enemy? Did you win?

What did you win?

Far as that goes, what did the Revolutionaries win?

On June 20, 1783, a mob of about 400 soldiers gathered outside Independence Hall, demanding payment for their service during the war.

Hamilton negotiated with the mob. He was also working behind the scenes to disperse the mob. He met secretly with a committee to request help from the Pennsylvania Executive Council (the state’s government), who could order the state militia to protect Congress and put down the mini-mutiny.

historicdc.com...

Some things never change. So, one more question: Were you all serving to protect the American people from some existential threat, or were you protecting the American government and helping it to grow? And now that same government is meeting in secret committees to devise ways to disarm its former service members. Why? Well, of course to protect the American government from those who once served it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Without getting too off topic, I think the revolutionary war won freedom and independence from the rule of King George III.

The Constitution, along with the Bill of Rights is a great thing.

Too bad it's not really being used anymore.

As for my personal experience? I served. I have no regrets from that. Also, with serving, comes the freedom to criticize the self-same government.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Helpus2014

Between the hoplophobia and 24/7 surveillance societies I'd bet if the vote were taken today at least 10 states that would be happy to strap on a powdered wig and pay tribute to a syphilitic monarch.

He had Porphria, a condition where the body did not flush out all the toxins it usually does, leading to intermittent madness, perhaps if he had a normal life, things might be different, perhaps not.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
if the vote had gone the other way you would have free healthcare decent roads unarmed police who have not killed more people in 10 years than those terrorists abroad 5000+ better cars
free housing dental o yes and free wigs if you need em .

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by frazzle

Without getting too off topic, I think the revolutionary war won freedom and independence from the rule of King George III.

The Constitution, along with the Bill of Rights is a great thing.

Too bad it's not really being used anymore.

As for my personal experience? I served. I have no regrets from that. Also, with serving, comes the freedom to criticize the self-same government.

How is talking about the revolution off topic?

The Constitution IS being used. The legislature legislates, the administration rubber stamps the legislation and the Supreme court rubber stamps it again. There is no constitutional mandate that congress must read or understand the bills before rubber stamping what lobbyists demand in exchange for campaign cash.

The Bill of Rights was an afterthought, all ten of which were actually overruled by the narrative of the Constitution itself.... the commerce clause, the necessary and proper clause, the treaty clause, the tax clause, all of the "implied" powers. At some point in time they may determine that its necessary and proper to put dissenters to any of their laws in FEMA camps to protect "national security", nothing in there says they can't.

Say, for instance, congress has the constitutional authority to print money, but instead they gave that authority to a third party from whom they must borrow funding for all public and private activities ~ at interest, which is charged to the people. Try dissenting against THAT law. And nothing in the constitution says they COULDN'T give that authority to a third party and indebt the country into slavery. So they did.

And what are you talking about service members having "the right to criticize"? They (active duty at least) are prohibited from doing so. Some are in prison as we speak for doing so.

www.dod.mil...

I'm not asking anyone to have regrets, although its hard to reach adulthood without having a few regrets over things we did or didn't do.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Then apologies for not understanding your question to it's fullest extent.

Also, this is hardly the forum to seriously air any regrets that I may or may not have had.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by frazzle

Then apologies for not understanding your question to it's fullest extent.

Also, this is hardly the forum to seriously air any regrets that I may or may not have had.

Apologies? Whatever for? I'm enjoying our conversation.

Maybe somebody should start a thread about regrets. I'd be all over it.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because everything in the movies is true?
Movies are the #1 method of a spreading disinformation and brainwashing the unsuspecting public.
I've always warned people (especially my children) to read in order to help you think, but don't just think what you read. It seems the general population just believes everything they see in movies to be true. I think they misunderstand the proverb, "seeing is believing" or "I'll believe it when I see it".

edit on 29-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey
Because everything in the movies is true?
Movies are the #1 method of a spreading disinformation and brainwashing the unsuspecting public.
I've always warned people (especially my children) to read in order to help you think, but don't just think what you read.

Fair enough.

Heres what they read in the 'Movie'

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That's from the King, therefore I don't think it is of much support to your argument.
That being said, I do agree that there was much more support, for remaining loyal to the King and not becoming independent, than most people realize. There were groups in each and every colony which felt this way, though there were many different reasons.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

yamammasamonkey

That's from the King, therefore I don't think it is of much support to your argument.

My Argument was that there was much more than loyalty to the Crown involved.

There were groups in each and every colony which felt this way, though there were many different reasons.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I will assume you are arguing with someone who stated agreement with you because you are still upset about the loss of Jeff this year. You get a pass this time. Rock on!

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Same to you, Rock the New Year.

*Jeff?
Must be that 'British humor'

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

RIP - Jeff Hanneman, founding member of Slayer, 1964 - 2013...

And that is German humor...
edit on 29-12-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

RIP, Oh, THAT Jeff...

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

dobbiedabill
if the vote had gone the other way you would have free healthcare decent roads unarmed police who have not killed more people in 10 years than those terrorists abroad 5000+ better cars

Australia still has armed police and they are under monarchy rule.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

amraks

dobbiedabill

Australia still has armed police and they are under monarchy rule.
they have long memorys the brits about all the bread
that you crims stole

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join