It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Going To Be Blown Away By This Personnal Pic: Is this a REAL Ghost in Vatican?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

St0rD

However,
there are some points that still make me believe there is something more:

5- My friend claiming there was nobody in the area.

Unfortunately, people have terrible and completely unreliable memories, especially when they are asked about details that were not the primary focus of a task at hand. There are many studies about this. This is why everyone asks for photographic proof - so they can judge for themselves.

In this instance, the photographic proof (taken together with the analysis provided in other posts) suggests that your friend was mistaken. Nothing wrong with that, just part of human nature. Our brains are not cameras and do not capture and retain information in the same way.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Gate to be the bearer of bad news buddy, but 2 communities of nuns live in the vatican, and they have the option of wearing all white, i dare say this is just a nun taking a tour of the vatican, like thousands do from around italy & the world daily. the fact that it is so bright, means that someone would have surely seen it in person if it was a real ghost.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

St0rD
Well I completely get your point guys. I understand from your experience this must be some glitch in the picture itselfs and the way the light reflected and saturated.

I know how disappointing it is when you think you've captured something paranormal only to have it proven otherwise but it's good that you accept it to be the glitch that it is now ...

However,
there are some points that still make me believe there is something more:

1- The light person is facing in the exact position area of my friend (and is the only one, except from her sister, directly looking at her for that matter) which got me to believe the message (or appearance) was directed at her.

To me it looks like the 'light-person' is facing the guy in the blue shirt ...

3- Why is the light person the only one completely covered in light in the picture? Wouldn't we see some kind of 'grey area' where we could see more than just light? Why is it so perfect?

As someone else already commented it's a straightforward case of 'right place at the right time' ...

4- Have you guys ever seen a picture like this one? People completely illuminated in light like this one?

Yes, more times than you would probably imagine and I see someone else added a perfect example of this effect ...

5- My friend claiming there was nobody in the area.

I'm sure your friend is certain that there was nobody there but the reality of the situation is that it would be impossible to be 100% certain ... with numerous people moving around the area no-one would stay in the same place for long and it only takes as long as it takes to click a camera for someone to inadvertently step into shot ...

Furthermore, with the look light had on my friend's sister, while covered by light on the body at approx. 60%, it almost looks like the message to be grasp from this picture is that my friend and her sister were not completely in light (in a spiritual sense) but were also not far from it. Furthermore, the light being could represented the true accomplishment of life - returning to pure light.

I understand how you guys observe this picture, but sometimes we have to look at life with other eyes - the wide open ones. Could it be possible that life gives some kind of message/insight/meaning through things that can be BOTH explained with science AND spirituality. In this instance, the picture could be just like you guys described it and also the way me and my friend felt it. And both can be intimately true.

Being the person I am ... the spiritual path that I follow ... and the work that I do I am very open minded and I practically live outside of 'the box' that everyone speaks of
and with that in mind I really like your suggestion that even though the picture can be explained with science / logic / common-sense it might still hold a spiritual message for the people involved and I would agree with your potential explanation if that is the case.

You are correct that life does give us messages / insights / lessons in things that can also be explained in a scientific / logical way as well as the obviously spiritual or abstract context ... and as a result of my personal experiences I live by the rule - ' Keep your mind open ... but not so open that your brain falls out' - then you won't go far wrong.

Another tip I would offer you (again from personal experience with the paranormal) ... however convincing something may seem always look for a logical explanation first ... only when all other possibilities have been dismissed can you consider it to be possibly paranormal.

So, what would it be then if there was really nobody? What would be the explanations?

A ghost of course !!!

Woody )O(

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Dustytoad
reply to post by St0rD

I zoomed in and see exactly what you said I would. I'm not a photoshop guy, never used it, so I don't know anything in that regard. It looks legit.

One thing though. Did you notice the guy to the left of the light person? He seems to be melted into another guy.... I'm either having eye issues or something's definitely weird with the picture.

Cool.

But it's just a person right?

The "melted" person got 3 legs. anyways im not that bored that i will try to find even more artifacts in a shot
that was obviosly taken under extreme light conditions.
im pretty sure anybody standing on that spot would appear ghost like in those conditions.
but cool shot.
im sure if i look hard enough i will find a ufo on the picture also.

edit on 11/15/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

On a sidenote: no, the website should NOT edit out posts like these. OP clearly said he wanted to discuss this. I agree, he used a .. er.. somewhat overly catchy header.. well, aren't most of the headers 'catchy' in here? But in all other respects this is exactly why ATS is around: whilst in doubt, show it to others and discuss.

edit on 17-11-2013 by ForteanOrg because: edited in 'catchy' - that somehow fell off. Spooky :-P..

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
nope, just to much light... Or are the feet and bottom of the sister's legs also a ghost?
nice photo, but nothing ghostly to me..

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by wmd_2008

Let me say I accept what you and others have presented in this thread as facts. I understand what you describe and realize it easily explain what's happening in this picture (only if my friend was wrong about the fact there was nobody in the light beam).
Also, you've succeeded in showing to me that these kind of pictures already exists and can be explained with simple logic.

However, I still continue to believe there is a spiritual sense in this picture. These kind of pictures are clearly rare nonetheless. I've not seen a lot of photographs that looked like this in my lifetime.
The thing is that they aren't meant for everyone, only to the persons who experienced it. When you keep in mind my friend's father just died prior they went to Vatican, and the way they reacted when seeing this picture, something tells me there is a message attached to this picture (apart from rationnal form).

What I mean here is that I've come to comprehend some time ago that life has multiple ways of expressing itselfs. Thefore, when you look at something with the 5 basics senses we have, you look at the physical sense of life. Its physical functions. It's alright, because it's one integrate part of life, but one also has to understand a more global meaning of things and step back a little from this whole science reasoning.

No the problem is you are trying to use this image to reinforce YOUR belief system as a photographer
I could recreate that shot on any day at that location with the same lighting conditions and stick any person or OBJECT in place of the woman what would it mean if it was a fridge, tv, or a grizzly bear instead of a person what message would that give you.

It's because of it religious location that YOU read far to much into what ACTUALLY happened.

Your friend was taking a picture of his sister she is the focal point it's 100% possible he never noticed the woman and there are 1000'S of pictures on the net to show people don't always notice whats in the picture as it's taken.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

wmd_2008

No the problem is you are trying to use this image to reinforce YOUR belief system as a photographer
I could recreate that shot on any day at that location with the same lighting conditions and stick any person or OBJECT in place of the woman what would it mean if it was a fridge, tv, or a grizzly bear instead of a person what message would that give you.

It's because of it religious location that YOU read far to much into what ACTUALLY happened.

From the looks of things, you're the one that seem to be reinforcing your belief system. I came here just chillin' and opened a debate about a picture I thought could have a spiritual meaning and even a ghost one. At no time did I try to reinforce anything, I just asked questions and opinions.

And yeah, deep within myself I believe in spirituality and I always look into things with wide open eyes. Even though what we actually see in this picture can be perfectly re-created with intention, that doesn't mean there is no spiritual meaning to it. You may like to believe the contrary, and 'as a photographer' just like you said, you tend to look into pictures with a rationnal mind, but on my part, just like I said earlier, both spirituality and science can co-exists.

Before photographs were invented, you could not have sights like the one we have in this picture. Seing a person completely soak in light was probably a rare occurence, right? So, for the persons involved, these kind of pictures can have a profound meaning, one that cannot possibly be understood only with the rationnal mind.

Now, I say it again, I respect and understand your points. It's just that you seemed to be a litte too much aggresive in your last post claiming I was only believing in what I wanted. If you just had sincerely read what I wrote above, you'd have understand my point about this picture being meaningful.

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Sorry but look at this quote by you.

St0rD

However, I still continue to believe there is a spiritual sense in this picture. These kind of pictures are clearly rare nonetheless. I've not seen a lot of photographs that looked like this in my lifetime.
The thing is that they aren't meant for everyone, only to the persons who experienced it. When you keep in mind my friend's father just died prior they went to Vatican, and the way they reacted when seeing this picture, something tells me there is a message attached to this picture (apart from rationnal form).

There could have been a few others round about who to a picture at the same time and they will see it as a cool effect with that quote above you are trying to read to much into it.

His father died yet a female supposed ghost?

There are pictures on the net of similar effects it can happen when a person/object is close to a flash when a picture is taken, I joined here to see the unusual but the motto here is DENY IGNORANCE so if the evidence debunks the claim then accept it NOW had that picture been taken to correctly expose the person and they still looked like that you may have been onto something.

That's what's great about digital images with the exif data I know the following

the camera, the exposure details, the time if set correctly, the focal length of the lens I even know this

Time Since Power On = 50.44 seconds.

Exif data is really helpful on here when people make claims .
edit on 17-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

wmd_2008
reply to post by St0rD

There are pictures on the net of similar effects it can happen when a person/object is close to a flash when a picture is taken, I joined here to see the unusual but the motto here is DENY IGNORANCE so if the evidence debunks the claim then accept it NOW had that picture been taken to correctly expose the person and they still looked like that you may have been onto something.

That's what's great about digital images with the exif data I know the following

the camera, the exposure details, the time if set correctly, the focal length of the lens I even know this

Time Since Power On = 50.44 seconds.

Exif data is really helpful on here when people make claims .
edit on 17-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

Well, you clearly just do not get my point. I already stated after what some of you guys presented in this topic that I accepted what you claimed as facts because I tended like you to believe my friend was mistaken about the non-presence of someone in the area. In this instance, it couldn't be a ghost.

Now I'm more discussing the fact that even if this picture doesn't represent a ghost, it may held a spiritual meaning. You just don't understand what I'm trying to present from that point on.

By looking at this picture, you can clearly feel something beautiful and powerful. Even though a specific pourcentage of light saturation on a picture can and will make a person's completely illuminated, it's still a very magnificient watch. Not something you would see often in the natural world, huh? But technology brings us that in in a fraction of a second.

The link I made with my friend's father has nothing to do with the genre of the 'appearance', but more with the meaning of 'complete illumination' it holds. At least for the person experiencing it.

Of course, it's all a matter of faith. This is the way I perceive life, having a purpose to everything. When I look at things that most people do, I see what you all see and more. I could be mistaken, but it makes so much sense in my point of view that it can't just ignored. And science cannot debunk the very essence of existence even if it cannot explain it.

So it's no more about 'debunking claims and deny ignorance', but about what you feel and believe.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I'm not blown away at all, it's a poorly exposed image of a woman carrying a bag in bright light.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

OP, dude (dudette?) Claiming this pic is of a ghost is like trying to tell people water is dry. Possibly could be in another universe, but not in this one. Bottom left corner of the photo. The picture shows overexposure on the ground on the bottom left, too. In other words, it's as highly overexposed as the freakin' woman is. Strong rays of light WILL do that, while not effecting anything much or at all just out of the rays' reach. And if the camera sensor can't handle the incoming light, you get white-out level overexposure. I've done this myself with pictures of my kids with an older crappy camera with an always-on flash (god, how I hated that camera) Completely ruined the Mother's Day pics I took for myself of my kids for my 2nd's first Mother's Day. The kids were almost completely whited out.
Give it up, this is not a ghost. You've had this explained by several people now. Are you that oblivious, or just that hard-headed?

And if you care to browse pictures of overexposed people, here's some. There's one in the top row showing a similar set up, even - - people being whited out, things nearby not.
Overexposed pictures

Same search criteria, minus "people"

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
What a bloody let down, but then again I should have known better.

A woman bathed in very bright sun light (as the girls legs are), then you have a camera which I'll guess is digital and is set to automatic exposure taking a pic that is most inside so the camera is setting itself for an indoor pic but then at one main spot it has an ultra bright light source so as said the CMOS sensor is having a heart attack trying to deal with it.

End result the bright portion gets wildly over exposed and saturated.

Not a ghost, no gloves, just an old lady caught in light...Or is your sister half ghost?

Please, don't make wild statements unless you do have the goods to back them up..

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
She's just arriving from K-PAX; all K-Paxians know this

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Do you know what's really ... really annoying about threads like this ?

It's not the OP's who make a genuine mistake or ask for advice / opinion on a photograph ... no ... it's the LAZY MEMBERS ... who can't be bothered to read past the OP to see how things develop throughout the thread and comment accordingly ... they dive straight in with a totally pointless comment because it was resolved pages before they arrived.

>>>Note to the LAZY MEMBERS

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
What device was this taken with?
2nd

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

tehdouglas
These threads are so sad.
"Youre going to be blown away"
Blown away by your stupidity i guess.

The girl in the middle has the same effects on her as the "ghost", its all about light, reflection and camera lenses. Is the floor in the bottom left corner a "ghost" floor because its all white when the rest of the floor isnt?

People need to stop sensationalizing things by beggining their threads with "Youre going to be blown away by this" or "absolute proof of life after death", everytime i click on these types of threads it nothing but bull. Just call your thread "Is this a real ghost in the vatican?" next time.
edit on 15-11-2013 by tehdouglas because: (no reason given)

You are so right, why do people do the whole bigging up thing for what is a totally mundane event in 99% of cases.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Interesting,

Nice photo and story accompanying it.

However I have a few questions about this

And I can certify to you all that there was nobody at this place at this moment. This is also very real, no fake here.

How can you certify that?

Did they see the glowing figure when the photo was taken or was it noticed when seeing the photo?

How well does your friend remember that specific moment? How aware is your friend of her surroundings?

No doubt the photo is very real, however the apparition could be what you describe, a lady with gloves holding a bag wearing white clothing or something that reflects light like a satin material.

If they didn't see and notice this figure when taking the photo and only realized after seeing it on print or on screen I would say that it is most likely impossible to remember every person you come across and especially at a tourist place like the Vatican. It could have a person they did notice but because it was simply a person walking by and was nothing really for your friend to remember because she most likely walked past a 1000 other people that day so she simply could have forgotten that a person was there but remember that specific moment with some things in her environment missing memory wise.

We tend to remember things that interest us, another tourist wouldn't be something special to remember.

I am a believer in the supernatural, skeptical when people start guaranteeing its this and that or saying they know from their sources.

You said you could certify there was no one there so I would like to know how you would that for us readers?

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

A lot of you guys are claiming that must be the light reflecting on something or someone else, but I found it very odd that the light form were wearing gloves in a church.

Not something but someone, that is why its shaped like a person because it is.

Why do you think wearing gloves in a church is strange?

but this is really the way I felt when my friend presented this picture to me, claiming there was nobody standing in the light body.

So now your friend only claimed no one was there at the time, so why did say you could certify there was no one there?

Sensationalism only ruins that which you wish to share.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

(only if my friend was wrong about the fact there was nobody in the light beam).

Which is it?

A fact there was no one there?

A claim your friend made?

How can you certify this claim or fact?

and the way they reacted when seeing this picture

How did they react?

That would be telling if they actually remembered a person walking by or not?

Like you say, the timing of what happened with her father and where she was could have lead to her creating a false memory of no one being there when in reality she cant remember every little detail and person that was around her when the photo was taken so create a false memory of no one being there to give the comfort of being given some sort of message because of the time and her loss.

Loss of close loved one can take its toll on our psyche.

I hope it was something for your friend to find peace with or have some sort meaning because it was needed for her at the time, however what the photo and data show as wmd_2008 explained paint a different picture.

What I mean here is that I've come to comprehend some time ago that life has multiple ways of expressing itselfs.

It sure does,

With that wisdom you should find no concern that others might not see what you believe this to be.

I know most of people don't believe in it nowadays.

Most do, I believe, I suspect the hardest hard core skeptics here are here not to disprove anyone's experience, maybe their interpretation of said experience, but because they believe more than anyone that shouts out "I am a believer" because they are looking for something that they can shown to others and knowledge can be gained. However the belief in many eyes today is not enough, so the search for proof is on and I would say will be everlasting for a unified understanding,

Its just today in my opinion people seem to keep their beliefs about the supernatural to themselves so as to not anger or upset the faith they are suppose to be following or their peers with their beliefs simply because of fear of being seen from a different perspective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join