It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Going To Be Blown Away By This Personnal Pic: Is this a REAL Ghost in Vatican?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

If your friend is speaking the truth then this is a being and I would say a nun just not a corporeal one so this thread was valid, you have posted what you believed and stated such, even if and when we are found wrong at the time of such a post it was true but you know your friend and I for one do not believe you would post something with that intent unless you believed it so peace and do not be upset too much as I for one have seen paranormal occurence and am inclined to believe you.
I gave you a star and flag anyway earlier, the image looks like someone in the light but then what is a spirit and if the manifestation was reflecting light in the non visible spectrum then it could be picked up by the camera, if your friend saw there was no one there then this was meant for them and those whom believed them and should be regarded as an angelic apparition.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks for believing in my claims.

It doesn't surprise me that most people doesn't take the time to think out of the box and immediately claim this must be overlight exposure, reflection of some sort, etc. Rationnal thoughts at his best. This is the way it works nowadays, spiritually has been greatly put on the side.

I don't know for sure if there is really something surnatural to this picture, however I can't help but to believe it.

ADD: Just wanted to add that I tried to edit the title of this topic but it was already to late. I made a mistake because it clearly put high expectations in people's mind and then they tend to be disappointed right after and close their mind to any possibilities.
edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I personally don't think it is a ghost... I am leaning towards camera exposure with the very bright sunlight shining down on a person.

That being said...

I want to applaud you OP for original content and for bringing something personal and interesting to the site. This whole thread is as close to old-school ATS as I have ever seen. You didn't bring politics, drama, religion bashing or anything like that - instead you brought a mystery to be solved and for that I salute you.

(The site can use more threads like this one).

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I wasn't blown away by seeing a nun in the Vatican

But I thought you could make a pretty cool avy out of the photo

Just messing around

Cody

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

St0rD
reply to post by LABTECH767

Thanks for believing in my claims.

It doesn't surprise me that most people doesn't take the time to think out of the box and immediately claim this must be overlight exposure, reflection of some sort, etc. Rationnal thoughts at his best. This is the way it works nowadays, spiritually has been greatly put on the side.

I don't know for sure if there is really something surnatural to this picture, however I can't help but to believe it.

ADD: Just wanted to add that I tried to edit the title of this topic but it was already to late. I made a mistake because it clearly put high expectations in people's mind and then they tend to be disappointed right after and close their mind to any possibilities.

You don't need to think out of the box when the answer is in it look at the person on the background show here by cody599

30+ years of photography experience and the exif data from the picture confirms it.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Down loaded picture used Adobe LIGHTROOM to try and deal with the overexposure this is the result.
The part of the camera sensor recording that womens image received about 1000x to much light.

Got some colour back on the women's bag nice to know ghosts like to colour coordinate!

Also if you knew something about photography there is something called the SUNNY 16 RULE it allows a photographer to set an exposure in sunlight when they don't have a light meter or the camera doesn't
more info here.

Sunny 16 Rule

As the person is standing in a shaft of bright sunlight and the camera was set at iso 400 (asa 400 in film terms) correct exposure would be

On a sunny day with ISO 400 film / setting and aperture at f/16, set shutter speed to 1/400 or 1/500.

Now the camera took the picture at ios 400 at f2.8 and 1/15 of a sec because it exposed for the overall exposure of the picture.

For those unfamiliar with camera settings apertures usually go as follows

f2.8, f4, f5.6, f8, f11, f16 the smaller the number the more light so f2.8 lets in twice as much as f4 which lets in twice as much as f5.6 etc etc .

The same with shutter speeds which would be 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500th so again each of those lets in half as much light as the previous one.

So if the correct exposure for the lady should have been at iso 400 f16 at between 1/400th -1/500th of a second you can see how grossly over exposed they would be at iso 400 f2.8 at 1/15th of a second.

This link is to an exposure difference calculator

Exposure Difference

Now putting your picture shutter speed and aperture in the top row and the correct settings in the bottom
gives a difference of 1088.435 : 1

Enough said!

edit on 16-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: info added

edit on 16-11-2013 by wmd_2008 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So if a person saturated in white light is called a ghost, can we get an image of a person's silhouette and call it a demon? It's pretty obvious that this is nothing more than a person walking under the light.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Maybe the white light woman was standing behind guy with blue shirt when the photograph was being focused.
Seconds later the shutter snaps, and white light woman has move two metres forward.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
But guys, you keep repeating it's a person being satured in light and I keep saying there was nobody at the location.

So, what would it be then if there was really nobody? What would be the explanations?

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Hey there St0rD,

It's a very beautiful picture with lot's of atmosphere created by the light and I can imagine it has certainly been a great talking point for you.

Unfortunately it isn't a paranormal effect.

I took your advise and downloaded the picture to take a closer look and whilst I'm certainly no expert in the field of photography I have learned an awful lot during my years of studying photographs taken during my W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) investigations.

In my humble opinion it's the result of 'bleaching' caused by the poor light balance in the picture e.g;

The lightbeam coming from a source high up is clearly responsible for the 'bleaching' effect on your sister ...

Whilst a second lightbeam can be seen coming through the square pane of glass above what looks like a door/porch to the left of the picture is responsible for 'bleaching' out another visitor (the flesh and blood kind) ... if you look at the man in the blue shirts elbow that is also partially 'bleached'

Sorry to be a spoil-sport but whilst it's not paranormal it's still a great picture.

Woody )O(

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is not a ghost. What gives it away is the woman further up and to the right of the picture. Can you see what the light is doing to the lower half of her body? THAT is exactly what is happening to the other figure, but to a greater extent, due to her position and the positioning of the incoming light. So this was just a person standing there, and the picture coupled with the sunlight produced this effect. I am 99% sure that is what is going on here.

It is fortunate that we can see the effect of the sunlight on another person, otherwise there would be no way to tell that this is not paranormal. I do not think this is a hoax, just a misidentification. It is true thought that those who take pictures and find ghosts in them should really attempt to think about what was going on when they took the picture. For instance, the person who took this picture could swear nobody was standing there, but I highly doubt that would be true. I am not saying they are claiming this, but I am using it as an example.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

St0rD
But guys, you keep repeating it's a person being satured in light and I keep saying there was nobody at the location.

So, what would it be then if there was really nobody? What would be the explanations?

That's EASY you were mistaken when you thought no one was there!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Well I completely get your point guys. I understand from your experience this must be some glitch in the picture itselfs and the way the light reflected and saturated.

However,
there are some points that still make me believe there is something more:

1- The light person is facing in the exact position area of my friend (and is the only one, except from her sister, directly looking at her for that matter) which got me to believe the message (or appearance) was directed at her.

3- Why is the light person the only one completely covered in light in the picture? Wouldn't we see some kind of 'grey area' where we could see more than just light? Why is it so perfect?

4- Have you guys ever seen a picture like this one? People completely illuminated in light like this one?

5- My friend claiming there was nobody in the area.

Furthermore, with the look light had on my friend's sister, while covered by light on the body at approx. 60%, it almost looks like the message to be grasp from this picture is that my friend and her sister were not completely in light (in a spiritual sense) but were also not far from it. Furthermore, the light being could represented the true accomplishment of life - returning to pure light.

I understand how you guys observe this picture, but sometimes we have to look at life with other eyes - the wide open ones. Could it be possible that life gives some kind of message/insight/meaning through things that can be BOTH explained with science AND spirituality. In this instance, the picture could be just like you guys described it and also the way me and my friend felt it. And both can be intimately true.

wmd_2008

St0rD

You see, that's exactly what I meant earlier. People like you just can't believe in supernatural and ghosts. So whatever I would say or prove to you, you would still come to the same conclusion.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Prolonged response.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Added response.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Added response

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   

St0rD

You see, that's exactly what I meant earlier. People like you just can't believe in supernatural and ghosts. So whatever I would say or prove to you, you would still come to the same conclusion.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Prolonged response.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Added response.

edit on 16-11-2013 by St0rD because: Added response

I know your comments were not directed at me personally but I will say, on another thread this same accusation was directed at me, and funnily enough it was the exact same phenomenon of light saturation being mistaken as a ghost.

What I said on that thread went along the lines of...

When I was a child I grew up in a haunted house, I saw the spirit of my aunt waving goodbye, before I even knew she was dead, I had a few ghostly encounters in that house. I very much believe in spirits, as seeing is normally believing.
But I in no way see the photograph presented as "paranormal" and simply overexposure, the person being over exposed is completely within the rays of light that are clearly visible in the picture, which would explain why the entire person is overexposed. The other person showing overexposure, but only partly is not entirely covered by the visible rays of light. I have honestly seen many more photos of spirits that are very strange and very compelling, that is not the case here though. Sorry.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmSat, 16 Nov 2013 16:07:41 -06001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

St0rD

However,
there are some points that still make me believe there is something more:

1- The light person is facing in the exact position area of my friend (and is the only one, except from her sister, directly looking at her for that matter) which got me to believe the message (or appearance) was directed at her.

3- Why is the light person the only one completely covered in light in the picture? Wouldn't we see some kind of 'grey area' where we could see more than just light? Why is it so perfect?

4- Have you guys ever seen a picture like this one? People completely illuminated in light like this one?

5- My friend claiming there was nobody in the area.

Furthermore, with the look light had on my friend's sister, while covered by light on the body at approx. 60%, it almost looks like the message to be grasp from this picture is that my friend and her sister were not completely in light (in a spiritual sense) but were also not far from it. Furthermore, the light being could represented the true accomplishment of life - returning to pure light.

I understand how you guys observe this picture, but sometimes we have to look at life with other eyes - the wide open ones. Could it be possible that life gives some kind of message/insight/meaning through things that can be BOTH explained with science AND spirituality. In this instance, the picture could be just like you guys described it and also the way me and my friend felt it. And both can be intimately true.

Answers to your questions.

1) Zoom in on the picture people in the far background are facing towards the camera it's a crowd people will face in different directions so it's a false claim you are making some are bound to be facing the camera. Also you cant see the woman's eyes so although facing in the direction of the camera she may not be LOOKING DIRECTLY at the camera.

2)?

3) She is in the right position at the right time to be FULLY covered by the light look at the floor towards her right and in front of her it's over exposed as well . I showed you the calculation of how overexposed she is 1088 :1 The sensor of the camera cannot deal with a range like that in a single picture, you can recover detail and colour from shadow areas but once completely burned out no chance!!!

4) [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32c1c58d0d14.jpg[/atsimg]

5) Then your friend was mistaken !!!

It is all about exposure on another thread someone asked how a supposed white object in a NASA picture could look black. The answer is simple E X P O S U R E and here another 2 examples

white paper

or is it black paper

now you don't see the bulb

now you do

wmd_2008

St0rD

St0rD
You see, that's exactly what I meant earlier. People like you just can't believe in supernatural and ghosts. So whatever I would say or prove to you, you would still come to the same conclusion

All the EVIDENCE from the picture the light rays the position of the woman and you friends sister are consistent with the EXIF data from the cameras picture that's why I am CERTAIN it's not a ghost!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

A woman with strong light on her is over exposed.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

St0rD
3- Why is the light person the only one completely covered in light in the picture?

Simply because they are the only person standing completely in the light!

Wouldn't we see some kind of 'grey area' where we could see more than just light? Why is it so perfect?

They are just standing in the light, so they are overexposed.

You see, that's exactly what I meant earlier. People like you just can't believe in supernatural and ghosts.

And some people refuse to accept the reality of a person standing in the sunlight being overexposed and make stories up about ghosts!

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Let me say I accept what you and others have presented in this thread as facts. I understand what you describe and realize it easily explain what's happening in this picture (only if my friend was wrong about the fact there was nobody in the light beam).
Also, you've succeeded in showing to me that these kind of pictures already exists and can be explained with simple logic.

However, I still continue to believe there is a spiritual sense in this picture. These kind of pictures are clearly rare nonetheless. I've not seen a lot of photographs that looked like this in my lifetime.
The thing is that they aren't meant for everyone, only to the persons who experienced it. When you keep in mind my friend's father just died prior they went to Vatican, and the way they reacted when seeing this picture, something tells me there is a message attached to this picture (apart from rationnal form).

What I mean here is that I've come to comprehend some time ago that life has multiple ways of expressing itselfs. Thefore, when you look at something with the 5 basics senses we have, you look at the physical sense of life. Its physical functions. It's alright, because it's one integrate part of life, but one also has to understand a more global meaning of things and step back a little from this whole science reasoning.

Not so long ago, mankind wholeheartedly believed in something higher than itselfs and tended to comprehend things with their heart and not just with their head. Of course it was in a very extremist way and brought many uncomprehension and abuse, because you need balance in life.
On the opposite, it is clearly not better today. People have switched from one extreme to another, science brought people to be believing in only what they can truly see and experience with the brain. So if you look at this picture with only your brain, you see what most of you guys presented and nothing else. It's free of meaning. It's just a picture, right?

For example, dreams can be interpreted in many ways, both rationnally and spiritually. You just have to put a little more energy in understanding things with another view than you would normally do to see how meaningful dreams are. Something the brain doesn't understand at first.

In the end, I appreciate what you guys brought to this topic. It was the main reason why I put this picture on ATS, to have valuable rationnal views.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

hellobruce

St0rD
3- Why is the light person the only one completely covered in light in the picture?

Simply because they are the only person standing completely in the light!

Wouldn't we see some kind of 'grey area' where we could see more than just light? Why is it so perfect?

They are just standing in the light, so they are overexposed.

You see, that's exactly what I meant earlier. People like you just can't believe in supernatural and ghosts.

And some people refuse to accept the reality of a person standing in the sunlight being overexposed and make stories up about ghosts!

At no time did I make up stories about ghosts mate. Don't put words in my mouth.

I simpled stated a question 'Is this a real ghost in Vatican?' which could have been the case.

On the other hand, I'm surprised at how some of you guys seem to be on the defensive about subjects like this. Just like you had to absolutely prove your point, which is ghosts do not exist. Now I'm not saying you don't belive in surnatural, but I'm not being naive, I know most of people don't believe in it nowadays.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by St0rD

Oops good pic. I remember this scene from one of my obe's / Visions
in the mobth of june / July 2013, during which I surmised it to be an airport or something
of that nature
Dunno if of any consequence to the pic in question tho.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join