It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: CARE Worker Margaret Hassan Executed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
CARE worker Margaret Hassan has been executed by her captors. A video was released to Al Jazeera TV showing the blindfolded woman, dressed in an orange jumpsuit, being shot in the head.

news.bbc.co.uk
The family of Dublin-born Iraqi aid worker Margaret Hassan believes she have been killed by hostage-takers.

Mrs Hassan's brothers and sisters, Michael, Deirdre, Kathryn and Geraldine Fitzsimons, said they had accepted her death, adding: "Our hearts are broken."

And her husband, Tahseen Ali Hassan, has told Reuters news agency he too believes she has been killed.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

According to Al Jazeera, the video will not be aired due to the respect of the "audience". It is not confirmed that the woman in the video is in fact Margaret Hassan.

Hassan was described as " a friend of the Arab world". She was kidnapped last month.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 17-11-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
When in history has this happened before? An enemy kidnaps civilians, makes absurd demands, and beheads the innocent...all in the name of Allah.

[edit on 11/16/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
They won't release the video because she is a woman, and they know the backlash that would ensue if a woman being executed--maybe beheaded (no details of the manner of her death have been released) was shown to the public.

My heart goes out to her family, her friends and her country. This was a senseless act, heartless and gutless. She was a friend to the Iraqi people.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What muslim would even believe that beheading a woman, no less a woman who did nothing but reach out to muslims, will grant him a place in paradise?

What frickin' nutjobs...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What muslim would even believe that beheading a woman, no less a woman who did nothing but reach out to muslims, will grant him a place in paradise?

What frickin' nutjobs...

I haven't seen anything indicating she was beheaded. I'm still searching.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
From whats known about this video She was shot,

Its another sad day indeed,

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Executing a women, to prove a point? What the hell kind of a lame excuse is this. They held this women who was not a colaborator, a women who was there to help the people of Iraq, they held her as a barginning chip, and then when it got them nothing, they killed her.

Seriously frickin' wrong.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've seen nothing indicating the manner of death. The video should be released.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Even if the women in the video is not her, the effect of having a women kill on video will bring the desire results, and that is to have more American people and Europeans angry and horrofy of such a thing.

These people are playing with the feelings of the population, don't you get it they want war they want the US to keep fighting in the middle east, and they will keep killing our soldiers and any civilian they can get their hands on.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
God I feel sick to my stomach over this.. .how DARE they kill this woman who has dedicated her entire life to helping the Iraqi people... I hoped this "might" carry some weight. But I guess when you're dealing with mental midgets like this who have zero logical reasoning powers then I might as well have been pissing in the wind hoping that these pricks would give any thought whatsoever to her "works"

And they think that all this will make Allah proud and their reward will be 72 virgins and all the rest of the crap they think they'll receive. Does the word "demented" come to mind

Karen

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
sorry folks, but i have only one word to describe the scum who did this.

BASTARDS!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Look, I feel for this woman's family just like everybody else, but the fact of the matter is that they thought she was a spy. Maybe she was caught doing something that she shouldn't have been doing. Nobody in our government, or any other for that matter, would ever divulge that information. War is so cruel and nobody is safe. As far as feeling sorry for these people that are being beheaded, I'm not. These people had to know the risks going in and still all they saw were dollar signs. Some will say that they have families to feed and that's why they went to Iraq. What good are those that have been beheaded to their families now. It's only going to get worse. We had our chance to possibly change the direction that our reckless President is taking us, and we blew it. I feel betrayed by my country and am unsure about our future.

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The terrorists who kidnapped her were asked by Al-Zarqawi to release her.

And the Mujahideen asked the terrorists to free her, but they are obviously barbarians, and did not.

Anyone who kills women deserves the worst punishment possible. I hope they are captured or blown away as quickly as possible.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Look, I feel for this woman's family just like everybody else, but the fact of the matter is that they thought she was a spy. Maybe she was caught doing something that she shouldn't have been doing. Nobody in our government, or any other for that matter, would ever divulge that information. War is so cruel and nobody is safe. As far as feeling sorry for these people that are being beheaded, I'm not. These people had to know the risks going in and still all they saw were dollar signs. Some will say that they have families to feed and that's why they went to Iraq. What good are those that have been beheaded to their families now. It's only going to get worse. We had our chance to possibly change the direction that our reckless President is taking us, and we blew it. I feel betrayed by my country and am unsure about our future.

Peace

Margaret hassan lived in IRAQ for 30 years. She was an aid worker married to an Iraqi. She was there to help the people of Iraq, not to make money out of it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
She was an Iraqi.
She was devouted to helping the Iraqis.
And, well, if they have killed her, I kind of think that the Iraqis will be having their own war against terrorism....without our help.

This is sick!!

I wanted to post something about those virgins in these terrorists afterlife, but it would probably be too crude...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Dr love,

Lets remind ourselves here that Margaret Hassan lived most of her life in Iraq, She is married to and Iraqi and her children were brought up there,

She was on her way to work when she was abducted,
She works for the people of Iraq, And that why when she was taken the patients at the hospital came out of there sick beds in protest for her release,
She was a very well respected woman and done a great job in helping people.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
When the first behedings started I said that civilians should not be allowed to be in iraq until is safe for them to be there, but obviously somebody in our government does not feel the same, so I blame the people that is allowing these civilians to Iraq, and not giving them the proper security due to the chaos in that country, they should be prosecuted for these killings.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
How long before Bagdad Bob (Z) chimes in with how she deserved it and she was an American spy...

This will go against the "cause" for these people greatly. They have lost some "cred" here among thier fellows I bet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
How long before Bagdad Bob (Z) chimes in with how she deserved it and she was an American spy...

This will go against the "cause" for these people greatly. They have lost some "cred" here among thier fellows I bet.

These are not all the same groups...Zarqawi asked for the people who kidnapped her, to free her, but they did not.

They are monsters and murderers, and anyone who kills a woman deserves the worst death.

However, do not go blaming all Muslims, or even all the insurgents, for this despicable act.

Insurgents fight against military targets (by whatever methods).

Terrorists target and kill civilians.

Demons target and kill women and children.

These were demons, not people.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Dr Love

I don't think I've seen such a disgraceful apology for terrorist brutality and heartlessness in my life, except from the terrorists themselves.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join