It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: CARE Worker Margaret Hassan Executed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I dont blame everyone for the death of this lady. I just blame the scum who did it..

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Bikereddie, the terrorists claim that she was a spy. Just because she's lived in Iraq for 30 years and married some Iraqi doesn't mean that she's not a spy. In fact she's the perfect candidate to be a spy. I'M not saying she is, THEY are. I'm not trying to justify what they did, I'm just trying to show possible motives. Why are we so concerned about this woman when there are thousands upon thousands of INNOCENT Iraqis being blown away by Uncle Sam. Wake up peolple!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Bikereddie, the terrorists claim that she was a spy. Just because she's lived in Iraq for 30 years and married some Iraqi doesn't mean that she's not a spy. In fact she's the perfect candidate to be a spy. I'M not saying she is, THEY are. I'm not trying to justify what they did, I'm just trying to show possible motives. Why are we so concerned about this woman when there are thousands upon thousands of INNOCENT Iraqis being blown away by Uncle Sam. Wake up peolple!

The motive is the same for every westerner they've killed: to scare the crap out of the countries that are there so they get out.

What rock have you been living under???

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Dr Love

I don't think I've seen such a disgraceful apology for terrorist brutality and heartlessness in my life, except from the terrorists themselves.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

I can't believe I'm going to say this....

I agree with Ibn...

While the American Occupation Foces are brutally slaughtering everything with their high tech weapons...beheading a woman (yes she was beheaded) is the lowest thing I can imagine...I am absolutely sickened by this.

As a matter of fact, I hope since the US can't find these guys, I hope the Mujahideen finds and slaughters these people.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by cstyle226]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
cstyle226,

I agree with your deffinitions, but these people all seem to claim thier actions under the same or simular causes. So its difficult NOT to lump some of them together. When you are measuring and defining people who behead civilians, of any sex or age, it becomes kind of lost. Its like defining different levels of wet. In the end your still wet.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Im not interested in what they claim or not claim..
The 1st quote you made was sick beyond belief.

The fact is, they killed an innocent aid worker.

To not feel some kind of remorse for her shows true callousness.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ibn Iblis, I understand what you're saying, but I don't think that was the case with Margaret Hassan. I heard on more than one news network that the terrorists were claiming that she, in particular, was a spy.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
First of all, we will never know if she was a spy, I remember US wanted to smear Berg after he was beheaded. And is in the news that it was claim by the terrorist that she was a spy, but like I said we will never know.

But the truth is she was the wife of an Iraqi and she had Iraqi born children, and that is ok, but she still also a foreigner and that was enough for the radical group to kidnap her.

Now people you see how many radical groups can be in that country all acting independently from each other, we have some that will release the hostages and you have the ones that enjoy killing them.

Right now even Iraqis are not safe in their own country since the invasion and now anybody that looks european or American is not safe either.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
cstyle226,

I agree with your deffinitions, but these people all seem to claim thier actions under the same or simular causes. So its difficult NOT to lump some of them together. When you are measuring and defining people who behead civilians, of any sex or age, it becomes kind of lost. Its like defining different levels of wet. In the end your still wet.

(Read some of my previous post above yours (edited))

You are partially right.

What I'm saying is, not all the "insurgents" are beheading people.

Most are fighting the occupation.

If they were all doing kidnappings, there would be SOOO many more people getting beheaded.

So, while I know you guys hate the ones fighting the troops, don't put them in the same category as the ones doing the beheadings...

And another thing, killing a man is one thing, but killing a woman, especially in this fashion, is absolutely the lowest, and nothing can justify it, ever....not even the most hardcore extremist would support this...the person(s) who did this are mentally ill.

And there IS a difference between an intelligent "extremist" and these mentally challenged pieces of garbage.

(example: The women related to Allawi were released)

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just to add my voice to it really.

I heard this on the radio on the way home from work, when they broadcast her husbands statement, asking for the truth so he could find 'closure', and was left wondering what the point of killing her actually was ...

To cause shock, outrage maybe ?

I'd expect any such feelings will be quickly followed by anger and intolerance, and more blood - but if that's the climate you thrive in, then I guess your objective is met by this act.

I hope her husband does get the news he needs (but won't want).

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Why are we so concerned about this woman when there are thousands upon thousands of INNOCENT Iraqis being blown away by Uncle Sam. Wake up peolple!

Aren�t we forgetting that these terrorists are killing innocent Iraqis also!

How many have been innocent Iraqis have been killed by them, I�m sure the number was pretty high

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Bikereddie, with all due respect, I think that you as well as many others are being incredibly naive. The fact is that we'll never know the real truth and we can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Beheaded, shot stabbed, set on fire...it really doesn't matter. She's still the same amount of dead

They kidnapped a woman who was there only to try to ease ther suffering of the innocent people there. They kidnap her, hold her as a bardgainign chip (and it has been shown time and time again that we will not negotiate for hostages), so they off her.

What does this tell me? They keep kidnapping and killing, and nothing changes. These guys have no clue what they're doing.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Bikereddie, with all due respect, I think that you as well as many others are being incredibly naive. The fact is that we'll never know the real truth and we can only speculate.

For Gods sake man, it was you that made the sick statement ,not me.

to call me naive is wrong. You dont know me. I acted on the statement you made. Its obvious that you are now trying to back track on it.

scroll up and see how many people have acted against your quote.

I am not going to get into a debate on this thread with you about the comments you made anymore.

As far as im concerned, this thread is to inform us of the death of an INNOCENT aid worker.

u2u me if you feel you want carry this on in private...........

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Esoterica, I think they know very well what they are doing and they are getting the reaction they want.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
I hope the Mujahideen finds and slaughters these people.

I am assuming you are disguishing between foreign and Iraqi insurgency. In which case, I agree that this is a strong possibility. Hassan was a well-loved and respected woman in Iraq, this isn't going to go over well with Iraqis. Will this turn the Iraqis against all foreign fighters?

B.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
But the truth is she was the wife of an Iraqi and she had Iraqi born children, and that is ok, but she still also a foreigner and that was enough for the radical group to kidnap her.

You know what it looks like you're saying here?

They were somehow justified in killing her.

EVEN IF SHE WAS A SPY, how can you justify killing her???

She was not a foreigner. If you live in a country for 30 years, marry into the society and have children there you are not a foreigner.

My God, think before you post!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis

She was not a foreigner. If you live in a country for 30 years, marry into the society and have children there you are not a foreigner.

My God, think before you post!

Today I am in any mood to take you silly remarks if you don't have any body else to bash, go bash yourself.

Everybody here are doing a great job discussing this horroble death but you are tagging members just to get reactions to make you feel good.

Stop the nonsense and post something usefull please so we can shared with you.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Just found this site with the info about Margaret Hassan.

It gives the history behind the work she did etc.

Take a look, it will tug on the heart strings.

www.commondreams.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleys
I am assuming you are disguishing between foreign and Iraqi insurgency. In which case, I agree that this is a strong possibility. Hassan was a well-loved and respected woman in Iraq, this isn't going to go over well with Iraqis. Will this turn the Iraqis against all foreign fighters?

B.

There is even a difference between the foreign fighters...

There is Iraqi Resistance fighting the US. There are Foreign Resistance coming to either help Iraqi's and/or expel the invaders.

And then there are the monsters who chop off innocent people's heads in hopes of scaring people out of Iraq to stop reconstruction (to make the US invasion unsuccessful), and THESE are the TERRORISTS.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join