It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: CARE Worker Margaret Hassan Executed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0951
Just to add my voice to it really.

I heard this on the radio on the way home from work, when they broadcast her husbands statement, asking for the truth so he could find 'closure', and was left wondering what the point of killing her actually was ...

To cause shock, outrage maybe ?

I hope her husband does get the news he needs (but won't want).

I agree with you, perhaps the desire is to get more Iraqis to have a negative reaction against the coallition forces in Iraq.

She was somebody well know in the Iraqi population after all.

I guess her husband and childrens just wants to know why they will target her.

And then It proves that they are not discriminated about who they kill.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
beheaded, shot, whatever...my point was the same regardless of method of death...

The terrorists who kidnapped her were asked by Al-Zarqawi to release her.

And the Mujahideen asked the terrorists to free her, but they are obviously barbarians, and did not.

Anyone who kills women deserves the worst punishment possible. I hope they are captured or blown away as quickly as possible.

Nice try, but no cigar. In Fallujah, after the insurgents were largely driven out, they found the detaining places and some of the murder scenes of the past victims, in addition to others. The "Mujahadeen" (as you wish to call them, to try and give them an air of credibility) are clearly in full support of the terrorist acts as you can see. These are the same "Mujahadeen" that hole up in schools and hospitals, firing over the heads of children and the sick... Yep, such brave warriors....
Sorry, no virgins for them in paradise....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Bikereddie, if you found out tomorrow that she was a spy, would it change the way you feel. I'm thinking it wouldn't. Explore all possibilities before placing blame, that's all I'm saying. I blame all this on Dubya. Margaret Hassans blood is on his hands, and you know what, I really don't think he cares!

Peace

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I imagine it's probably like a gang initiation type thing... If you wanna be part of the "Whatever Freedom Brigade" ('terrorism' gang) then you have to off an old lady to join.

Have they accomplished what they intended? Who knows what outcome they hoped for. They did accomplish one thing - they intended to kill an old gal and they did. Mission accomplished.

This type of crap will only breed more of the same in the future. The people that live outside of the law are ignoring morals and allowing their baser instincts to take hold. They are murdering and enjoying it. It's outrageous in modern times to civilized societies. If I were an alien watching Al-Jazeera, I would be very disappointed in the backwards moral leap that has swept over humanity and I would ride on through to the next galaxy.

Having said that, I want the person who did this to die voilently.

Zip

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Just found this site with the info about Margaret Hassan.

It gives the history behind the work she did etc.

Take a look, it will tug on the heart strings.

www.commondreams.org...

Thanks for the link, I see she was against the embargo and what was doing to the children in the country.

Also she did not have children but probably raised many as her own.

She was well know in the European comunity too, and she represented the Iraqi people everywhere she went.

Very sad lost.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
beheaded, shot, whatever...my point was the same regardless of method of death...

The terrorists who kidnapped her were asked by Al-Zarqawi to release her.

And the Mujahideen asked the terrorists to free her, but they are obviously barbarians, and did not.

Anyone who kills women deserves the worst punishment possible. I hope they are captured or blown away as quickly as possible.

Nice try, but no cigar. In Fallujah, after the insurgents were largely driven out, they found the detaining places and some of the murder scenes of the past victims, in addition to others. The "Mujahadeen" (as you wish to call them, to try and give them an air of credibility) are clearly in full support of the terrorist acts as you can see. These are the same "Mujahadeen" that hole up in schools and hospitals, firing over the heads of children and the sick... Yep, such brave warriors....
Sorry, no virgins for them in paradise....

I'm gonna let fly a wild guess, and assume you're a conservative.

Everything isn't Black or White, Up or Down, Right or Left.

The difference between the so-called "Liberals" and the the run-of-the-mill "Conservatives" is that the "Liberals" think things out, and analyze the situation, and understand complexities.

While the "Conservatives" just say, "F*** it! Shoot first and ask questions later! Don't bother me with details, I'm not interested, I have already decided."

Not ALL the people fighting the US in Iraq condone this...some will, most won't. I am sure of it.

But you do not want to hear it, because it doesn't serve yoru agenda.

I have no agenda...if the US gets what they want, that's fine with me, and if the "insurgents" get what they want, that's fine with me, too.

I don't think the US soldiers and marines are bad people (most aren't), and I don't think the "insurgents" are bad people (most aren't).

I don't approve of beheadings, but I understand the car bombs targetting military and police targets.

The US has helicopters, tanks, mortars, jets, bombs, and numbers giving them a huge advantage.

The resisitance has no choice but to use bombs and remote control IEDs, and RPGs....it's asymmetrical warfare.

When the Marine killed that dying Iraqi, I condemn it.
When the Monsters killed this woman, I condemn it.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Gazrok
no, no, let them have their virgins, but give them all knives, and the virgins can behead these guys' favorite buddies.....if you know what I mean.....then the virgins can drive them nuts with our "indecent clothing" all they want.....

I am so mean.....and well, I admit it is crude, but if there is a god in heaven that believes in justice.....

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Bikereddie, if you found out tomorrow that she was a spy, would it change the way you feel. I'm thinking it wouldn't. Explore all possibilities before placing blame, that's all I'm saying. I blame all this on Dubya. Margaret Hassans blood is on his hands, and you know what, I really don't think he cares!

Peace

Yeah, right, it's all "Dubya." Give me a break.

I never thought I'd see logic get so pissed-on in America. Then Bush came along and everyone's deduction skills went out the window. I'm all for people becoming more political, especially the younger generation, but at the same time, don't confuse left-wing propaganda (*OR RIGHT WING*) with political education. It's not the same thing.

It's so easy for everyone to call everyone else "sheeple" and describe other people's views as "propaganda inspired." It's all everyone else, right? Never you!

This lady wasn't American. She wasn't appealing to America for help. Place the blame where it's due, whether you believe that to be American foregin policy, the kidnappers themselves, the 9/11 highjackers, Saddam Hussein, the Iraqi insurgents, Muslim extremists, or whatever. Don't place it all on Bush, if there's someone more directly responsible. Use your noggin, it's fun sometimes.

Zip

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Zipdot]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
British and US forces need to step up their campaign. All terrorists should be executed on sight, wounded or not.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Zipdot, point well taken. I'll just place a little of the blame on Dubya. The problem is, I don't know where to place the rest of it. It doesn't matter who else I come up with to blame, all roads lead back to the White House. Let me try to figure this out for the one millionth time. There's no connection between 9/11 and Iraq (please forgive me for straying), but we invade Iraq anyway. We have no legal right to occupy this country. Margaret Hassan's death is DIRECTLY linked to this war. Regardless of who killed her it does not erase that fact. Am I oversimplifying things, Yes, but I just want to make sure that MENSA's like Dubya can understand.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What it makes me sad is that this courageous woman, survived eight years of Iraq, Iran war.

Survived 42 days of bombings during the first gulf war.

She actually survived Sadam years of terror.

However, she did not survive the liberation of the country she cared so much about.

What a shame.

I wonder who we should truly blame for her death.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Unfortunately, Marg6043, she didn't survive that coke snorting hick Dubya. What an embarassment!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Yeah, it was the "liberation" that killed her.

You're DISGUSTING!

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What "liberation"????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ibn Iblis
Yeah, it was the "liberation" that killed her.

You're DISGUSTING!

Yes, Ibn is very disgusting to reallized that everything that is going on Iraq could have been prevented with the proper planing, now we are seen the results of a hasty invasion and war.

Very disgusting indeed.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
For them killing a woman is the same as killing a dog. Remember their religion teachs them they are inferior creatures, sub-humans so to say.They snip their clits for God's sake!!. Just a few days a go a man killed all his 4 daughters becaused he was ashamed he wasn't able to have a boy

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Vladtepes]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Infidels are descendents of apes and pigs, the "vilest of beasts in Allah's site".

I could kill an ape if I thought it would please god.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Call me callous, but I am amused on how easy it is for so many people to get caught up in the emotions, and fall for what was intended, getting a reaction. I've also seen some call for a step-up in the US and UK campaign, as a result of this. This is almost as funny as the entire world mourning for princess Diana.

Who here actually knew this woman? Nope no one. All you know is what has been published about her. How do you know she was not a spy? She sure did survive a lot for being a foreigner. And if you actually use your noggin, as someone called it, you will realise these beheadings are directly designed to anger the US public, and in angering the US public, all that happens it adds further fuel to the US terrorism in Iraq. Why do you let yourself be taken for a ride every single time. Have some respect for your own intelligence.

At the end of the day, who is responsible for this? Who has gone and invaded a sovereign people and murdered tens of thousands. I hear so many peoples blood pressure skyrocketing here, because she's a "woman" do you know how many thousands of women and children have been killed with this illegal US campaign? Do you have any idea how many women have been raped and murdered by allied troops?

I am sorry that I find this funny. I do not support any of this evil that these terrorists have done, but at the same time, I do not support the greater evil that has been perpetrated by the west, and it is that evil that perturbs me, and it that evil that is the root of all evils in Iraq right now.

Stop scratching off the surface or everything you see, hear or read about. Look at the bigger picture. You're culript is the same culrprit as Iraqi insurgents. If you don't want to see any more violence in Iraq, then go out there and tell your president to get the hell out of Iraq - and if he says "we must rebuild it" tell him it's none of his business how the Iraqi people want to run their country, he's done enough damage to their society. Then tell him to rebuild what is his business, and what you have sworn him in for, and that is America. The more you champion him on as the leader of the world, the more he is going to take advantage of you.

Dr Love, thank you for being the only one whose head seems to be screwed on properly.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Zipdot, point well taken. I'll just place a little of the blame on Dubya. The problem is, I don't know where to place the rest of it..

I dont know .....maybe THE PEOPLE THAT KILLED HER?

Why try blaming EVERYONE but the people that killed her? I dont give a # if she was a spy, only a SCUMBAG tapes killing an old woman.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I'm gonna let fly a wild guess, and assume you're a conservative.

You'd be wrong. I'm a liberal, and didn't vote for Bush.

The "insurgents" are largely made up of foreign terrorists, paid mercs, ex-Taliban, and then some native Iraqis. This seems to be something you're forgetting, when trying to see whether or not they support the terrorism acts. If they DIDN'T support the acts, then ANY OTHER FREEDOM FIGHTERS IN THE WORLD would be sure to go on record as such. They have not done so, so one can easily assume that such acts have their full support. Do you seriously doubt that there is a cheer that happens in their camp after each public act of terrorist? If so, then you are living in a fantasy world.

Do you have any idea how many women have been raped and murdered by allied troops?

No, do you have a link on this? Having lived in the middle east...let's just say, I don't see Ms. Iraq getting the Ms. Universe title...
(sorry, just trying to add a little levity here...as this is getting depressing)

[edit on 16-11-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join