It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

OneManArmy

MagesticEsoteric
Forgive me if this has been mentioned already but, has anyone heard any reports about how many were injured?

They have confirmed 12 dead so far but, I don't recall hearing numbers regarding anyone injured.

I find this odd since there has been so much said about how horrible the shooters aim was....surely if he had bad aim....there would be many more injured as opposed to killed.

Now that is a very good point.

Its such a good point, Im almost lost for words.

And going back to the lady who said the gun man aimed high.
12 dead no mention of casualties, was he really a bad shot
who where the victims is what I want to know

edit on 16-9-2013 by dam00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
Meanwhile in Russia...

MOSCOW (AP) — A prominent member of Russia's parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States.
Alexei Pushkov, who heads the international affairs committee, tweeted Monday that "nobody's even surprised anymore" by such an attack, which he called "a clear confirmation of American exceptionalism."

Russian ridicules US over Navy Yard shooting

MOSCOW (AP) — A prominent member of Russia's parliament has exploited the deadly shooting at the Navy Yard in Washington to ridicule the United States. Alexei Pushkov, who heads the international affairs committee, tweeted Monday that "nobody's even surprised anymore" by such an attack, which he called "a clear confirmation of American exceptionalism."

That quote/term seems ridiculously out of place given the situation.
edit on 16-9-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

But then when the gunman fired at a group of people apparently in a hallway, he not only didn't hit anyone in the group but the shots even went high over the group into the wall.

Listening to that interview they said he seemed to purposefully fire over their head.

link   

ikonoklast

MagesticEsoteric
...there has been so much said about how horrible the shooters aim was....surely if he had bad aim....there would be many more injured as opposed to killed.

One hospital confirmed the first person shot was shot in the temple and killed. Then the Washington DC police officer was shot twice, once in each leg. But then when the gunman fired at a group of people apparently in a hallway, he not only didn't hit anyone in the group but the shots even went high over the group into the wall.

You would think it would be pretty hard to miss a group in a hallway by so far, especially considering the apparent accuracy in previous shots. Unless there was more than one shooter or the conditions were vastly different, it sounds more like he had really good aim and more likely didn't want to hit anyone in the group of people.

Thats really bugging me.
Its like he was there to do a job, maybe cause a distraction, but didnt want to kill a mass group of people.
Its pure speculation of course, but I cant for the life of me figure out why he would deliberately "aim high".
There are a few things bugging me.

The planned scenario for the 19th.
The media coverage.
The poor aim.
The unknown number of shooters.

It stinks of false flag, but I cant bring myself to accept it.

YET.

link   
The fix is in.
...One of the shooters that was to be located has been and ruled out as a suspect. (white male in tan camo)

Regarding Alexis...

An individual with the same name and age as the suspect was arrested in Fort Worth in 2010 and can be seen in the mugshot to the left. The Aaron Alexis pictured was arrested for discharging a firearm.
"He lived with me three years," a Texas man named Nutpisit Suthamtewakul told the Star-Telegram, calling Alexis his "best friend." He said Alexis had been working for a computer contractor. "I don't think he'd do this," said Suthamtewakul. "He has a gun but I don't think he's that stupid. He didn't seem aggressive to me." Alexis's motive remains unknown.

Link to more info

Is this name African? Such as Somali?

edit on 09pm30pmfu2013-09-16T15:00:13-05:000313 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 09pm30pmfu2013-09-16T15:02:33-05:000333 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Whoa, I think we do an exceptional job getting to the real questions and reporting from a variety of sources, long before the msm. WHO are you?

If you can find a better forum for live events, then share, otherwise read the entire thread before spouting off. We had a member who was working at the Navy Yard at the time of the event... Now if there were a better place to stay abreast of the latest, then why chose ATS?
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BENGALSLIVEON

AARON ALEXIS

That's who CNN is saying the dead shooter is now. They found his id on his body and fingerprinted him.

Apparently, he's a military contractor from Texas.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't make predictions very often but I suspect when the dust settles and the "Official Story" has been approved for public consumption, this will pan out to be a 'Syrian' terrorist cell taking action at Al Qaeda's behest.

Fuel for the fire....

We're going to WAR!

-Rolls eyes-

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
PHOTO OF SHOOTER

This is the photo that is circulating that is supposed to be the shooter.
It's on a gov't card part way down the page ....

Black fella ... bald ....

ETA .. NBC is showing this photo ....
edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

A tepid and cautious reader who wants more information rather than spurious finds on the Internet linking a "name only" to a person. Sorry if the desire to get it right is more important......

Who am I? No one who would deal with the likes of you is who.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think I said earlier that anyone can say anything they want about whatever if they control the evidence and the media, knowing how these things are manipulated from first hand observation, and how gullible most people really are, there is no telling what actually transpired.

All those people locked down could have kept anyone from witnessing a government official getting off of a flying saucer on his return from Beta Reticulii after having a conference there regarding human resources or whatever.

One of those terms I am tending to use oftener that I despise "whatever"...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

OneManArmy

ikonoklast

MagesticEsoteric
...there has been so much said about how horrible the shooters aim was....surely if he had bad aim....there would be many more injured as opposed to killed.

One hospital confirmed the first person shot was shot in the temple and killed. Then the Washington DC police officer was shot twice, once in each leg. But then when the gunman fired at a group of people apparently in a hallway, he not only didn't hit anyone in the group but the shots even went high over the group into the wall.

You would think it would be pretty hard to miss a group in a hallway by so far, especially considering the apparent accuracy in previous shots. Unless there was more than one shooter or the conditions were vastly different, it sounds more like he had really good aim and more likely didn't want to hit anyone in the group of people.

Thats really bugging me.
Its like he was there to do a job, maybe cause a distraction, but didnt want to kill a mass group of people.
Its pure speculation of course, but I cant for the life of me figure out why he would deliberately "aim high".
There are a few things bugging me.

The planned scenario for the 19th.
The media coverage.
The poor aim.
The unknown number of shooters.

It stinks of false flag, but I cant bring myself to accept it.

YET.

Dont see anything weird with the media coverage. Many are inept. Some want the big scoop so they'll report any stupid crap that comes along, others will wait to confirm information.

Being a bad shot is an indication of what, exactly? Not everyone is proficient in the use of, and accurate discharge of, a firearm. I can fire a rifle fairly well, but give me a pistol and I could fire at the ground and miss.

And what is weird about the "unknown number of shooters" in this case? They had two other people that were seen with firearms, so they want to identify these individuals and make sure they are not part of it. One has been cleared, other has not yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I did not see the picture? I did scroll down twice. Is it the same as we have been posting from busted?

Edit: Yes it is the same sad looking face.
edit on 16-9-2013 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

antar

I did not see the picture? I did scroll down twice. Is it the same as we have been posting from busted?

Try this one - NBC in Dallas is using it.

Twitter photo supposedly of the shooter ... drinking beer ... bald black man from texas of the same name as the shooter

I didn't see the 'busted' picture ....

edit on 9/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
As far as a poor shot, this man's adrenaline was pumping and when you shoot for real it is much different than target practice or COD4. I think there are also a lot more wounded than had been reported yet.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I can only imagine the paranoia caused by these general descriptions of the two possible shooters.

Do you know how many people wear tan pants and shirts in DC?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

here you go,
www.bustedmugshots.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

flyswatter

Dont see anything weird with the media coverage. Many are inept. Some want the big scoop so they'll report any stupid crap that comes along, others will wait to confirm information.

The coverage is HUGE!!!!!
The floods arent getting the same coverage, and neither is Syria now. Its like the Syrian war has paused just for this.

Being a bad shot is an indication of what, exactly? Not everyone is proficient in the use of, and accurate discharge of, a firearm. I can fire a rifle fairly well, but give me a pistol and I could fire at the ground and miss.

Its indicative of a "change of heart" by one of a few assailants, doing their duty as ordered by their superiors. Or a lone nut that although he was already arrested for discharging a firearm, hadnt managed to learn to shoot the guns he went on a shooting spree with.

And what is weird about the "unknown number of shooters" in this case? They had two other people that were seen with firearms, so they want to identify these individuals and make sure they are not part of it. One has been cleared, other has not yet.

Whats weird there, is that once the "patsy" was dead, the other "special forces" guys that were there for support could debrief.

I know, its a crazy conspiracy, but this is ATS.
I tend to think the worse before I let the facts reshape my opinion, I have seen this sort of thing TOO MANY TIMES BEFORE.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join