It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Libertygal

Skeptic0verlord
Why does the media keep saying. One white male shooter and one African American shooter? What is wrong with saying black? This African American terminology seems like a tool to create racial divide.

It is all about the PC thing to do. Black is not acceptable, such as negro no longer is. The "proper" term now, is "African-American". It is supposed to lend credence to the fact that they were forced by slavery to be here, and that in fact, their actual heritage is African, and they are forced Americans. It is like a constant reminder of their "victimhood".

Lest we, nor they, forget their roots or true reason for why they are here to begin with.

You are correct. In reality, it breeds anger, hate, and divisiveness through "political correctness".

This is how it was explained to me.

Totally off-topic but, I'm a "younger" person and know a lot of black people, and have taken courses/classes discussing this very issue. From my experience, most prefer to be called black and not african-american.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Has anyone said Syrian Terrorist false flag attack yet?
edit on 16-9-2013 by rich76 because: Why did I say red flag? doh

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Totally agree with you. The term "African American" is used heavily in media to describe black people living/from America. Most black Americans refer to themselves as "black".

edit on 16-9-2013 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

rich76
Has anyone said Syrian Terrorist red flag attack yet?

No, we have been waiting for Obama to make that statement.
I dont think it will come from here to be honest.

And its false flag, not red flag.

SMH.
edit on 20139America/Chicago09pm9pmMon, 16 Sep 2013 16:25:16 -05000913 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Where do your "Facts" come from. Do you have a problem with information that does not tally with the MSM version of events?

Its important that we are freely able to speculate about these such events and not be locked into the MSM version of what happened. Sure some valid facts do come from MSM but as we have seen in the past , they do spin the truth to follow Government agenda's.

So if your facts aren't coming from the first party's involvement in this event , you are no more truthfully informed than I am.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Whenever there is a tragedy that becomes a huge media event, it seems like there is always something important going on elsewhere - more important than any other average day, or so it seems.

There are always a lot of important things going on in the world, but when these media blitzed events occur they seem to be overshadowing what would otherwise be huge & troubling news.

In the next few days we'll probably realize some incredibly important development was swept under the rug. It may be wise for everyone to keep their eyes peeled and ears wide open right now.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This incident proves that even the strictest gun laws in the country,like the ones that D.C. has, can`t stop someone from using a gun to commit a crime if that`s what they are determined to do.
The white guy that was carrying a gun but found to not be involved in the shootings,obviously he was violating the no carry law also, I wonder if he will be charged? probably not.
So, what good are strict gun laws that can`t stop criminals from violating them and aren`t going to be enforced against honest people?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Skeptic0verlord
Why does the media keep saying. One white male shooter and one African American shooter? What is wrong with saying black? This African American terminology seems like a tool to create racial divide.

Well, that is the politically correct wording du jour. Has been for some time now. Not saying that negates your point... just mentioning.

And I hardly recognized you without the avatar.
lol

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

capone1

Libertygal

Skeptic0verlord

It is all about the PC thing to do. Black is not acceptable, such as negro no longer is. The "proper" term now, is "African-American". It is supposed to lend credence to the fact that they were forced by slavery to be here, and that in fact, their actual heritage is African, and they are forced Americans. It is like a constant reminder of their "victimhood".

Lest we, nor they, forget their roots or true reason for why they are here to begin with.

You are correct. In reality, it breeds anger, hate, and divisiveness through "political correctness".

This is how it was explained to me.

Totally off-topic but, I'm a "younger" person and know a lot of black people, and have taken courses/classes discussing this very issue. From my experience, most prefer to be called black and not african-american.

I cannot disagree. But, if you look back in just recent past fifteen to twenty years, there was the upsurge in "African" names, "African" dress, especially among black women, some men, and the creation of "Kwanza" holiday and it's uprising in popularity. It was also during this time the term black was changed to "African American".

I can understand youth today not being in touch with that. It was more of a fad than anything, but paperwork, job applications, and tax returns were all changed to reflect it, due to political correctness.
Witness the same thing happening now with cross genger/gay/LBGT, etc.

On topic, the people on Fox are now bantering about that this is a terror attack, because it caused terror, but it will be called workplace violence. Neil Cavuto said it is not terror, such as we know from Al Qaida, but terror, nonetheless.

Was he alluding to homegrown terrorism without calling it that? Sure seemed that way.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

esteay812

Whenever there is a tragedy that becomes a huge media event, it seems like there is always something important going on elsewhere - more important than any other average day, or so it seems.

There are always a lot of important things going on in the world, but when these media blitzed events occur they seem to be overshadowing what would otherwise be huge & troubling news.

In the next few days we'll probably realize some incredibly important development was swept under the rug. It may be wise for everyone to keep their eyes peeled and ears wide open right now.

They said in a UK paper today that the SAS killed Princess Diana.
If "special forces" can do that, then you have to wonder what else they could do.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Such a broad definition of terror is ridiculous. Every crime, every shout of "boo!", is an act of terror or a hate crime.

Without context, known not simply assumed, the claim cannot be made.

If certain people had their way a car of teenagers blasting loud rap music would warrant both hate and terror charges.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
White House flag lowered to half-staff. Man, I feel so bad, and am heart broken for the families involved.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I wonder what they will claim to have found in the shooter's apartment..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Tenacious8
I wonder what they will claim to have found in the shooter's apartment..

An internet history of conspiracy sites Id "assume".

link   

thisguyrighthere

Such a broad definition of terror is ridiculous. Every crime, every shout of "boo!", is an act of terror or a hate crime.

If certain people had their way a car of teenagers blasting loud rap music would warrant both hate and terror charges.

"Terrorism is the systematic use of violent terror as a means of coercion. "

link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Right. Because speculating without any evidence is clearly the sole territory of ATS, right?

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

Yup. And Aaron was coercing the cops to shoot him apparently.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

thisguyrighthere

I cannot agree more, and that is what bothers me about that sort of conversation! Before you know it, everything that happens will be painted with the broad brush of "terrorist attack", which carries far heavier penalties than other crimes.

People should be very careful what they wish for, lest they get caught up in that wide web of broadly descriptive terminology. What may be assault one day could be termed some sort of "terrorism" tomorrow.

That is deeply troubling, and the term "homegrown terrorist" has bothered me for exactly that reason ever since Janet Napolitano created it. Now, she is notably absent, and whispering about cyber attacks in the wake of her sudden exit out of the side door.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rich76

D'yer Know, I was on here to find a thread, where just the other day - others where discussing the likelihood of an imminent Syrian false flag situation arising, to really kick things off over there!

I could see how this might happen, probably in the US/ before the end of the week... And here we go!

But, I must say, following the tragic murder of Lee Rigby on the streets around his barracks in London, and the emotions created by the actions of his killers -
I can see how certain groups may wish to recreate such outrage elsewhere, but on a larger scale... Which, this Washington attack may turn out to be.

All That said, my thoughts are with the family and friends of anybody hurt or affected by this situation.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Chesterpudlian because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Libertygal

That is deeply troubling, and the term "homegrown terrorist" has bothered me for exactly that reason ever since Janet Napolitano created it.

She didnt create the phrase, the term has been widely used here in the UK for years.
They even made a film "Four Lions"(very funny), about homegrown terrorists.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join