It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter at Washington Navy Yard, Reports of Multiple People Shot

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

The one confirmed shooter was firing a rifle from an overlook, above a cafeteria. Basically like shooting fish in a barrel.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Basically hearing that he entered with a shotgun. shot the security officer, possibly taking his 9mm service weapon. then laid in wait for the first arriving Metro PD.

Shoots one of them in the legs, and may have taken that officers AR-15 ....

hence the reports of him having 3 weapons.

???
edit on 9/16/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

mikelkhall

OneManArmy

mikelkhall

antonioparis
reply to post by amraks

hi everyone just wanted to say they let us go home and I am safe in my car.ing back to Annapolis now.let's pray for the victims.

Be safe and drive real low in the seat.

My prayers are with the living, my prayers wont save the dead.

I think he will be okay, the shooter is dead, and he couldnt really shoot for toffee either.

@antonioparis thanks for the perspective.

At least 12 dead at last count and he couldn't shoot for toffee? That is 12 too many dead in my book. When I wrote that, there was still the possibility of at least 2 suspects still out there.

Any amount of dead is too many.
The people that survived said "He was a very bad shot"

Am I bad for being desensitized to this sort of thing?
Am I bad for thinking this could be yet another well timed false flag?
Am I bad for directing my thoughts to all the people that are still alive, especially the families of those that died?

I see much worse than this all too regularly, but yet barely a mention in the MSN.
I see mostly unreported genocides, people chopped limb from limb with a machete, I see children being executed for having the wrong parents/god. I see paedophile rings and Satanic ritual abuse involving some of the HIGHEST members of society.
I see cannibal warlords, I see earthquakes with hundreds of thousands killed, floods, I see democide, MILLIONS killed.
Forgive me if I have been so desensitized by the brutality/selfishness of my fellow human beings, that I dont rate the death of 12 people so highly as the MSM does.
I also apologise if my humour is a little dark, but these are dark times we are living in.

link   
reply to post by flyswatter

Yeah, maybe only one shooter, but who was the target?. I know it may sound a bit "JackReacheresque", but it would be easy to make a specific target hard to identify, if there was a specific target. The whole thing looks like a diversion to me though, considering the area and the amount of intelligence one could gather there, only to slip into the river afterward with your booty.

link   
Sounds like they are removing a body from the scene...
There are families in such pain right now.

link   
well I will be back later to add some more conjecture, to the story, its just a sad screwed up story, that smells fishy...

RIP to the victims, sad story, possible terrorism thou, hard to imagine as I said, some crazy guy just going into a highly secure naval base to randomly shoot people, it would have been easier to randomly murder inocent victims in a Walmart, 711 etc.

I just find it odd, that if these people are so crazy who the shooters are, why dont they just blow up gas stations etc. why always so called AUTOMATIC WEAPONS, guns all of a sudden..

I mean that is why I am going yeah-right..

anyhow sad story I dont mean to be insensitive, or rude, just these stories and their timing are odd...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

I was going to say the same thing, but now NBC News Ft. Worth is reporting it is the same guy.

Or maybe he's just the patsie. We'll probably never know.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

ML8715
So he used a PREVIOUS EMPLOYEE'S badge. If this person was a previous employee, why wasn't his badge turned in? Or why was it not deactivated? How did Aaron Alexis get access to this man's badge AND know that it still worked? A lot of questions unanswered. Really concerning though that they don't either make people turn in their badges when they're done or at least deactivate them.

You know why, lazy security in IT. In both my last jobs I ended up being the one who enforced the security SOPs (standard operating procedures) when I left, not security. Hell one fellow employee lost his badge got a new one, found his old one, then had two...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Right that bothers me too, also even if there were no metal detectors, carrying that much weaponry would be a give away.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I've heard the on-site CNN reporter, Renee, refer to the shootings as "on-campus" twice in the last 5 minutes. I don't know what the exact definition of "campus" is, but, come on!

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I REALLY hope that they're not gonna spin this again to gun control laws, because its been reported that he had been arrested before in 2010 for discharging a firearm, seems to be a perfect situation for them to talk about gun control laws again..

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Ok probably my last update since I am now home and it appears we won't be allowed back on base. My supervisor emailed me and said I have to take admin leave tomorrow because the base will not be opened tomorrow for routine duties. Thanks to everyone who prayed for my safety. Just crazy that this would happen only across the street from my building.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

You'll find that some non-military folks will refer to the base area as a "campus" of sorts. Just a stupid little terminology quirk.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fox news (watching in UK) @20:22 still looking for 1 gunman

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

It certainly would make it difficult to spin it into a firearms control issue if he did take his weapons from the police now, wouldn't it?. If that is actually the case I am sure it will not be divulged to the public. You can say anything you want about something that happened when you have complete control of the evidence and the media.

Not so much about lying, but what people want to believe...

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

ML8715
I REALLY hope that they're not gonna spin this again to gun control laws, because its been reported that he had been arrested before in 2010 for discharging a firearm, seems to be a perfect situation for them to talk about gun control laws again..

maybe it will do the complete opposite, People will realise that criminals will always have guns.

This happened in DC where gun laws are strict remember.
edit on 16/9/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

flyswatter
reply to post by capone1

You'll find that some non-military folks will refer to the base area as a "campus" of sorts. Just a stupid little terminology quirk.

Workplace compounds consisting of multiple buildings with grounds are quite often referred to as a campus.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Odd picture. Some guy dressed in plain clothes already marking off the area with yellow tape while the woman there does CPR and 2 naval officers which is probably trained also in first aid stand there and watch.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by capone1

They have pre rehearsed commentary for various staged situations, they simply insert the location and so this reporter had rehearsed and probably thought it would be a campus not a military installation.

*How do we know that one of the 3 suspects was found and cleared? *

Define 'cleared' in this situation*

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

antar
reply to post by capone1

They have pre rehearsed commentary for various staged situations, they simply insert the location and so this reporter had rehearsed and probably thought it would be a campus not a military installation.

*How do we know that one of the 3 suspects was found and cleared? *

Define 'cleared' in this situation*

I think maybe the term campus has to do with a place of research.
Is this some high level research base?

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join