It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad finds and beats naked Perv outside of daughters window...Guess who could go to jail the longest?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Biigs
unfortunately you the State cant punish people on "how creepy" a act was)

fixdit

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

LOL good catch!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

wrabbit2000
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I'll tell ya what, I'll meet ya half way for looking at this scenario, because on closer thought to what you're saying? You have a point for how this COULD have gone down. Only those two know for certain I guess...but...

If I caught a man peeking in one of my windows with his package dangling or standing tall to show his state of mind? Well..again, you made me think a bit. What if he didn't resist, at ALL? I assume he would have here. Tried to escape, if nothing else. Pervs are usually cowards too, I believe.

So, I suppose if Dad walked up in this case and perv turned to just surrender without so much as an effort to turn and run, let alone resist.......and Dad then beat him into mush? That really is unjustified physical abuse (unjustified in the legal sense, mind you. My own Dad sense works on a different wavelength)

Either way.... While, legally, what you say is true and arrest with a charge may be technically valid here? He couldn't get 1 day probation out of me if I were sitting on the Jury ..and I'd sure hope Dad here DEMANDS his full Jury trial for it, too. Discretion might have had Dad getting a 'talking to' off to the side by Cops about when we don't give in the impulse...and leaving it right there. If they want to push, he should push right back and cost them a fortune in costs to pursue this little charge.
edit on 10-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

if more detail was given on the beating then our assumptions could cease and we could have more concrete conclusions that could be backed up with facts, but we are simply assuming by filling in bits and pieces that are left out of the article and as has been shown in some of the examples in this thread how our emotional response to something like this will most times put a human in a rage where self control is hard to come by.

I only have dogs, well one dog now(but they were/are my kids) I imagine I would act like The Hulk if I was observe anyone trying to harm them, so If I had kids, real human children that come from me and I can see myself and my future in them then I can only assume I would detonate like a nuclear explosion if any harm was to come to them in my presence because of another doing something unlawful.

One of my points is how easily we can be controlled by negative experiences we have to perform acts which in turn will have a negative controlling effect on those that are effected by the actions which we do in response to the negative we experience.

The cycles need to end.

Viscous cycles of repetition that most are blind to.

Lets fight to have peace is what I am talking about, It cant happen that way, peace cannot be found through war if we are to exist as living reasoning beings.

Sorry for rambling on, its when I see judgment based on emotional strings being pulled is when I need to say lets take a look from as many possible angles as we can before putting the book down so to speak is the wisest path to take.

edit on 10-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

LABTECH767
reply to post by 727Sky

I think the law is an ass (As always), had it been my child I can not see what I would have done different except held him in restraint until the police arrived and if he had a few contusions say he attacked me first when I challenged him, before he fell up and then down my stairs (several time's) and tripped over my boot's (several time's) damaging my flagstone's, garden plant's, bled profusely on my clothing rendering it worthless for which I wish to sue him.

(I am actually usually a pacifist but this makes my blood boil)

You know Labtech,

Many a year ago back when i was in my twenties i witnessed a big rugby player type guy punching the hell out of his girlfriends face whilst he had her pinned to a car bonnet, so without even thinking i waded in and ripped into him without a second thought.

Although i suffered from various contusions including a broken nose, i also managed to nut that guy and break his nose too, split his lip and blacken his eyes before he ran off like a coward.

When the police finally arrived i explained the situation and they went off looking for him. About twenty minutes later they came back with him in handcuffs and looking the worse for the wear.

I asked the police if i would be held on charges for assault and their response was "what are you talking about sir? he tripped and fell a couple of times whilst trying to escape..."

Need i say no more, sometimes the old school punishment can pay if you also have understanding law enforcement officers.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 10-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

edit on 10-9-2013 by Rodinus because: Even crapper grammar!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Biigs
Lets face it people, you dont restrain a person waiting for the police by beating them up so bad they end up in hospital.

1. Pervert stands somewhere he shouldnt
2.. a guy beats another guy up really bad.

Now if the pervert had done anything more than stand there, his punishment should be greater than the assault guy no two ways about it. But they both did what they did and will get punished as they should.

I could well do the same as the father one day and i will have to accept that my anger being turned to violence, IS more harmful to society than one who doesn't hurt anyone. (however creepy, unfortunately you cant punish people on "how creepy" a act was)

As i said earlier on somewhere up above on this page :

Maybe the Father was confronting and trying to subdue the criminal in question, maybe the criminal was reacting back in an extremely agressive manner and the father HAD to be more physical with him? (The news story does not talk about this?)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

You could be absolutely right.

Which is why ive only commented on what we do know as of right now.

If the guy resisted his detainment or had a gun near by etc then that will change things quite significantly.

But as of right now you have two separate crimes, which while can be connected because one let to the other, does not make the assault "less" of a crime.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
....Yes officer...Yeah I just found a man soaked in blood outside my house, please send someone.....I'm a little shaken up, I'm realy not used to seeing vilolence like this.

" Honey....Make sure thet you hide that baseball bat where no one can ever find it, ok ? "

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

the dad should be given a community award, and people should shake his hand and tell him well done, if it had been me I would fix it so that guy had to pee out of his ass for the rest of his life..... well done the dad, in fact you let him off lightly... at least it brought it to the attention of everyone... thats very good...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Sorry, big difference between "standing somewhere he shouldn't" and being on someone else's PRIVATE property, naked, and making "noises", while looking into someone's home, at their child.

And the fact that he was a well known perv in the neighborhood, that had problems with him in the past!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

retiredTxn
Just average people, wanting to live our life peacefully, with no intrusions.

I do agree with you're point that most Texans just want to be left alone to live their life.

I take it that if it were you son shot standing outside someones house you would be OK with it.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

why are you surprised?

the authorities are always going to side with a peeping tom
after all, when it comes to voyeurism government is the biggest perv of all

related: They watch you poo in public
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

How many conclusions can one draw from finding a man outside their child's bedroom window? I also find your post totally off. Any human being that is a parent will go to the ends of the earth to protect their child(ren). And I beg to differ that just because some form of lawlessness will create a mob mentality that sheds constant blood. Remember, the U.S. has been lawless before.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

roadgravel

retiredTxn
Just average people, wanting to live our life peacefully, with no intrusions.

I do agree with you're point that most Texans just want to be left alone to live their life.

I take it that if it were you son shot standing outside someones house you would be OK with it.

If my son performed such a despicable act, he better hope someone else shoots him before I get there!
Although I love my children, I will not tolerate certain things. I spent 20 + years working in the Texas prison system, with the dregs of society, and no way would I let my children fall in with the prison crowd. Each person is responsible for their actions. Each person is accountable for their actions. My children know how I feel, and they live their life based on their upbringing.

I found out my oldest daughter had forged a stolen check for pizza when she was 17. I drove her to the police station, waited while she was interviewed, and brought her back several days later to turn herself in. She ultimately got 5 years probation, and restitution of $3000.00, the entire amount forged on the checking account by her and her friends. She paid the restitution, and her probation officer took her back before the judge, who adjudicated the offense, all in a little over a year. No more problems from her.

Sorry for such a long answer, but no, I wouldn't be OK with it, so much as I would understand it was the right thing in this fathers mind to protect his family. Love does that to us sometimes.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Knowing the police they would have beat the crap out of the man anyway so I don't see why he had to do it. Should have just restrained him and waited for the cops to arrive so they could hand out one of those "legal" ass whippings they love so much.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Mads1987
reply to post by retiredTxn

retiredTxn
People LOVE their families and friends, and would do whatever it takes to protect them.

By the way - glad I don't live in Texas if it's alright to shoot people for stealing - I've know a few thieves in my time and gotta say, not all of them were bad people.

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

You say that because, wait for it; wait for it::::: they didn't steal from you!!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

You seem to be honest and see your children in the same light as you do others. No dual standard. Refreshing...

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

expatwhite
reply to post by 727Sky

2 things i think should be considered here

1 - the Daily Mail. They have been known to "be liberal" with certain truths

2 - The fact that the article says COULD face longer sentence.

I would hope that in any reasonable court of law that the dad would be let off with a slap on the wrist and no more. Otherwise the world really has gone loony tunes

A slap on the wrist? He should be rewarded for getting a perv off the streets.

I have two daughters and let me tell you this man showed restraint. He would of got no less then two holes in the chest from me.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
That whole "protecting the child" argument is retarted. Child wasn't being assaulted. No need to use force. If you want to protect your children you are there for them when they grow up. You dont go around beating up people just because you think you're Judge Dredd and risk jail.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

PsykoOps
That whole "protecting the child" argument is retarted. Child wasn't being assaulted. No need to use force. If you want to protect your children you are there for them when they grow up. You dont go around beating up people just because you think you're Judge Dredd and risk jail.

so your saying if you have a daughter some pervets are invited to come sit by your window?

Or you just can't man up and protect your family and rely on o5her people to do it?
edit on 10-9-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Feel free to enlighten me exactly how beating someone up protects anyone in this situation? If you want protection you get the guy arrested asap.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

By getting a perv off the street besides him running when he sees a cop car.

Ever heard a patrol car pull up next to you at a red light? Damn those police interceptor engines loud and damn are those brakes noisy.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join