It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dad finds and beats naked Perv outside of daughters window...Guess who could go to jail the longest?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Rodinus

InhaleExhale
reply to post by Rodinus

Nah not at all satisfying your inner sadism.

(No just making sure that when the police come people saw that the pervert "tripped" over!")

How does hurting another protect your child and loved ones?

(If they are in the act of carrying out a crim on my child or loved one then YES i will hurt them if this will stop them)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 10-9-2013 by Rodinus because: (no reason given)

Thanks Rodinus,

I respect your position as mine if put in a situation as such would most likely be the same or see my othr post to Unity much much worse.

However, If you were able to stop the crime against your loved one by subduing and immobilizing the suspect could you justify even though your loved one was in the face of danger because of some turd, beating them so they need medical treatment?

I couldn't justify it but would have trouble not placing my own idea of justice which could easily be seen as vengeance and in when looking back it would wrong for society.

I see people trying to justify their own emotional responses and reactions to this by justifying an act that if done to a person minding their own business would get you jail time.

The act itself is what is judged and one can use excuses of reason for doing an act but its the act that is judged, the reasons only increase or decrease the punishment.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

roadgravel

I wouldn't try it. Doubt a reasonable jury will see it your way. Maybe if in town run by good old boys.

'removed line, in error'

By the way, were your born in the lone star?
edit on 9/10/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

I think chances are I would never be charged, but were I, the DA would be hard pressed to find a jury that would convict.

Yes, I was born and raised in Texas. We have 5 children, 3 older ones have their own families, and we just adopted twins who are 2 1/2 years old. My wife and I have been married 31 years. 7 grandchildren, 2 dogs and a cat. Just average people, wanting to live our life peacefully, with no intrusions.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Animals don't kill for pleasure?!?!?!?!?!?! What planet are you from? Dogs kill cats for fun Cats kill mice and birds for fun

It can be perceived that way for those wanting to believe real wildlife is as depicted in Disney cartoons.

These acts come down to instinct and survival and are practiced by the animals as playful acts.

Just how lions cubs pounce and play fight with each other is their training for defending themselves at an older age.

These domesticated animals do these things out of ancestral instincts they have engrained in their DNA.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Between you defending a trespassing pervert and saying naive things like only humans kill for pleasure I think you have some issues to iron out with the reality we all live in. Let me point you in the right direction: Evil is real

Who is defending a trespassing pervert?

Evil is only as real as you make it.

Most will steer clear of your direction because they can see their destination, you want to send people into darkness.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The father should have finished the job
and hid the body.
These kind of people don´t deserve a place in this world.
NO, THEY DON´T!!!
edit on 10-9-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Maybe the Father was confronting and trying to subdue the criminal in question, maybe the criminal was reacting back in an extremely agressive manner and the father HAD to be more physical with him? (The news story does not talk about this?) So we are all assuming for the moment Kindest respects Rodinus

Exactly Rodinus,

from our assumption we are trying to justify the reaction without having all facts and trying to justify what most of us would do in the same situation which is what I am saying becomes a fine line between right and wrong because our assumptions could be completely of track.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Are you expecting people to nod head to the article 100% and agree with "what should be the right". Citizen arrest is not the same as taking a life like some "pro life" members here suggesting.

I don't expect anything and am always finding new and different opinions or viewpoints here. It's what gives ATS it's charm.

Having said that, I have the same right to make the observation of how any crime or offense in society will have it's defenders, and particularly here, as those defenders have to come make their case. Indeed... Free country and all.

This article does not even describe much. But death is already acceptable... some people make me sicker than the criminal in question.

You've not heard me advocate killing the guy. He had a window between him and his victim here. So, he wasn't an immediate threat to life, safety or possible sexual assault. Not at that moment, anyway, and that's all a court cares about. So, lethal force? Nope...... Not in my opinion.

The force this article does describe? Well......... again, Dad might have gotten a little enthusiastic here, but who could blame a guy after finding a filthy pervert getting his jollies peeping on the guy's daughter?

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Mads1987
reply to post by retiredTxn

It can be morally objectionable.
I am sure a lot of black men were once hung from trees in the name of protection. I know jews were once put in camps in the name of protection. Witches were burned and recently some social reject got the beating of his life.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions - some of which are protecting our loved ones to the point where we inflict unnecessary harm to another human being.

Nothing in your 1st paragraph to disagree with. Unless the social reject you refer to is the subject at hand.
I will say that love, passion, frustration, and many other emotions factor into one's actions. But, unless you are in a persons body and mind at the exact moment, it's hard to play Monday morning quarterback. That is why US laws must meet the "beyond reasonable doubt" test when a case is handed to the jury for a decision. If a jury of 12 of the accused persons peers find beyond a reasonable doubt, that the accused used excessive or unjustified force, so be it. But, if one juror believes he was justified, they must acquit.

I would rather be tried by 12 than be carried by 6!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

There's an obvious lesson here. You catch a naked perv looking in your kid's window you have only two alternatives that make any sense. 1- call the police and let them handle it 2- kill the guy and plead self defense. Go all-in or stay in the house. Otherwise, you're just asking for additional trouble.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I completely agree with what the Dad did, I would have done the exact same thing in that situation.

However, laws are laws, and if it were me in that situation I would also acknowledge that I am also responsible for my actions and be prepared to face the consequences. And I would do it with a big satisfying grin on my face.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Mads1987
reply to post by retiredTxn

It can be morally objectionable.
I am sure a lot of black men were once hung from trees in the name of protection. I know jews were once put in camps in the name of protection. Witches were burned and recently some social reject got the beating of his life.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions - some of which are protecting our loved ones to the point where we inflict unnecessary harm to another human being.

Just in recent times the western alliances are bombing the Middle east to protect out interests.

So many examples of protection paving the way as you say.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

The force this article does describe? Well......... again, Dad might have gotten a little enthusiastic here, but who could blame a guy after finding a filthy pervert getting his jollies peeping on the guy's daughter?

No one could blame him,

But the fact is if law and order mean anything he would need to be charged if he got a little too enthusiastic and the suspect didn't fight back.

If the suspect fought back it changes the situation because then not only is he trespassing and perving he is willing to defend his illegal action with violence which would would simply make the fathers act self defense.

But the father is being charged with an assault charge I believe, correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

If he would have Shot the guy, he would have been able to justify it by saying he felt his daughter was in danger from Rape.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

AlienScience
reply to post by 727Sky

I completely agree with what the Dad did, I would have done the exact same thing in that situation.

However, laws are laws, and if it were me in that situation I would also acknowledge that I am also responsible for my actions and be prepared to face the consequences. And I would do it with a big satisfying grin on my face.

This is a person of character.

I commend you for your honesty and willingness to suffer the consequences of your action no matter how justified others might be able argue it to be.
edit on 10-9-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by 727Sky

If he would have Shot the guy, he would have been able to justify it by saying he felt his daughter was in danger from Rape.

How so?

Did the perp have a spiritual penis which could magically go through solid walls and windows and rape his victim?

Or are some posts simply making stupid sly jokes about the Travis Martin murder fiasco.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Right!!!!! You have a right to protect your home and life!!! Who knows what this crackpot was up too. How many children have been taken from their own beds ( ? )

Geezzz I wish people would use their heads. I think they should get the town behind this guy. Not just the town but whom-ever can go and protest against the DA... ( they brought charges right?) sometimes punks and criminals need a good hard spanking! They might think twice about victimizing anyone!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

I'll tell ya what, I'll meet ya half way for looking at this scenario, because on closer thought to what you're saying? You have a point for how this COULD have gone down. Only those two know for certain I guess...but...

If I caught a man peeking in one of my windows with his package dangling or standing tall to show his state of mind? Well..again, you made me think a bit. What if he didn't resist, at ALL? I assume he would have here. Tried to escape, if nothing else. Pervs are usually cowards too, I believe.

So, I suppose if Dad walked up in this case and perv turned to just surrender without so much as an effort to turn and run, let alone resist.......and Dad then beat him into mush? That really is unjustified physical abuse (unjustified in the legal sense, mind you. My own Dad sense works on a different wavelength)

Either way.... While, legally, what you say is true and arrest with a charge may be technically valid here? He couldn't get 1 day probation out of me if I were sitting on the Jury ..and I'd sure hope Dad here DEMANDS his full Jury trial for it, too. Discretion might have had Dad getting a 'talking to' off to the side by Cops about when we don't give in the impulse...and leaving it right there. If they want to push, he should push right back and cost them a fortune in costs to pursue this little charge.
edit on 10-9-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I saw the story on the news today. I had the same thing happen to me when I was around twelve or so but my peeper wasn't naked. I saw this guy looking in my bedroom window and I screamed and jumped and ran out and told my family...well it so happens my big brother was over for a visit and he took off after him on foot and luckily for the perv, my brother couldn't find him. I know if he had he would have beat him to a pulp. I'm sure if that was my daughter and I got my hands on the naked perv (ewww) I'd probably have held him at gunpoint, I don't think I'd want to actually touch him, now that I'm thinking about it. Her daddy I'm sure would probably go crazy. There is that instinct inside parents that comes raging up to protect our young, I guess. Maybe we're not so different than animals after all, that old saying don't mess with a mama bear when she's around her cubs. There has to be some common sense to allow for these kinds of situations. The dad doesn't deserve to be jailed, sheez. Of course now he'll have his fifteen minutes of fame and we'll probably find out more than we ever wanted to know about this family.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Lets face it people, you dont restrain a person waiting for the police by beating them up so bad they end up in hospital.

1. Pervert stands somewhere he shouldnt
2.. a guy beats another guy up really bad.

Now if the pervert had done anything more than stand there, his punishment should be greater than the assault guy no two ways about it. But they both did what they did and will get punished as they should.

I could well do the same as the father one day and i will have to accept that my anger being turned to violence, IS more harmful to society than one who doesn't hurt anyone. (however creepy, unfortunately you cant punish people on "how creepy" a act was)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Biigs
unfortunately you the State cant punish people on "how creepy" a act was)

fixdit

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join