It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I would love that more than you know! Night Star is pretty darn special too!! Lisa would love you both! She wont join ATS...she said that is my "thing". LOL I told her about you both and everyone else here that is praying for her. She told me I was too much.

I have a crazy sense of humor too. Between you and me, it would definitely be a night to Remember.

Let's see you are in LA, Night Star is in Rhode Island, I am in Kentucky and Lisa is in Ohio. We need to find a place in between!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Don't you hate it? (being tired all the time) I am going to force myself to get up and watch the Saints game with my boyfriend tomorrow. I feel like I am neglecting him.....he says no, but its a guilt I carry (that I am not the same as I was) I was always the one who made everyone laugh......full of energy......it's a hard adjustment. I have to remind myself it's not forever.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Wow we are really spread out....how bout we meet in Vegas LOL

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

VEGAS!!! What happens there stays there. That could be fun!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

That's too bad she won't join...I would love to talk to her....keep trying to talk her into it. Tell her we feel like we know her...it's odd...but I do! Since you started this thread it feels like you, her NightStar and me are connected somehow.....I know....I'm crazy...but it's really how I feel. Oh,,,BTW if you or NightStar have U2Ued me and I didn't answer...it's because ATS is so messed upright now...did you hear about how peoples U2Us just disappeared? Some kind of glitch...so I may not have gotten them. Just wanted you to know I would never just ignore a message!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

EXACTLY!!!! LOL.....that's what we need haha!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
if I could go to vegas...I would go see criss Angel's show and Cirque de Soliel! And we could stay at the Luxor Hotel....(dreeeeam on Kat)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is where we can go in Vegas

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I love him!!!!! Ahhhh that would be amazing.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This is where we would stay!

Now I have to go to sleep and dream some more....goodnight hon! Hope you have a peaceful night....love ya!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Goodnight Kat and the hotel is fabulous! I like the way you dream!!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Then you'll REALLY like THIS! *wicked grin* Criss before he got weird LOL! YOWSA!

NowI KNOW I'll have sweet dreams LOL! Goodnight hon!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Wow, that would be awesome to get together. Too bad I can't afford it and my back and nerve damaged leg can only take so much and kat is as weak as a kitten LOL! We can dream though. There's always that.

I still had my sense of humor even when I had lost my hair. OMG that was horrible it was soooo long! Finally getting past my shoulders now. I remember how excited I got when I had enough hair to make a snarl and I needed more than just a couple of drops of shampoo to wash my hair. LOL

Kat when you got your chemo, were you in a room with someone else or alone? We had all these little rooms with open doors so you could see others. There was usually two women to a room. Man the stories you hear! Depending on what kind of cancer someone had and how bad, some of those ladies were going for YEARS!!! Sometimes someone would say their cancer was gone and a few years later returned. That always scared me.

My first experience...I saw a woman all curled up in a recliner with a blanket and looking pale. I thought OMG I'm gonna die. Come to find out later they gave us a med that made us sleepy and many of us napped after. Then I could hear other ladies laughing it up like they were having a party. I thought, well it can't be all that bad.
Then I get to my room and my sister was with me. I was looking at this plaque, made in memory of someone who passed away. I said, "Sue, did you see that?" She said, "Oh she could have died getting run over by a bus or something." Then I saw another one. I said "Sue, did you see that one? Did she get run over by a bus too?"
We both chuckled. I really don't think they should have those there when people are fighting for their lives. Man, what a first impression that was! LOL

Did you have to sit through chemo for hours? I had certain days where I got two big bags and one small bag of meds and other days I had 3 big bags and one small bag. You sat there for two and a half to 3 and a half hours getting that crap pumped into you. If your meds wern't ready, you might have to wait another hour or more. If something wasn't right with your bloodwork you'd have to get more bloodwork and wait for results before getting treated. Jesus! Good thing they had t.v. and free books and lunches for you and your guest. LOL

Toward the end of my treatments, I wanted to stop. I was feeling crappy and almost passing out. I never thought I'd feel normal again. Luckily I somehow managed to go through all my chemo.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
How is Lisa doing today????

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
[more

She is not doing well. She is still very sick from the treatments. She started back today. she is going to ask about a different plan that will not make her as weak and sick.

Thank you for asking!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Let us know what they say or do. How are you holding up?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your friend. I have been studying some ways to fight cancer, but the cancers I am studying are of a tumor type. My studies are aimed at killing cancer when it is small, not fully developed cancer. I doubt if I could supply any information that can help at this point. Once cancer spreads throughout the body it is hard to get rid of. The techniques used are very invasive, they cause a lot of problems within the cells while killing the cancer, weak cells cannot fight off the cancer. That is probably why the medicine does not work anymore, her body is weak.

My daughter gave her grandmother some methylcobalamin that disolves under the tongue to ease the stress, she has the same type of problem. It is not a cure though but she feels better and her attitude improved. I don't know if that will help your friend or not, if she is not crabby it probably will have no effect. It works by helping the blood to work better, often the area of the stomach needed to process B12 is effected by the Chemo. Maybe she already has the shots, I do not know.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I've just been reading back through this thread

ATS never ceases to amaze me with the good souls on here

Please give Lisa my love from across the pond and let her know that there are those of us thinking of her and wishing her all our best.

And if you girls need a chaperone for Vegas.................... I'm your man

Cody

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

You would be an awesome chaperone Cody. You must have a twin here in America because I've seen your pics and you look soooo familiar. LOL

I'm still praying for Lisa. I wish her strength and peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I am holding up okay. Good days. Bad days. I cry a lot. I keep reminding myself how much I truly have to be thankful for, and when I get down I remember I have a friendship that has spanned over 30 years. That is pretty amazing.

I just have to stay positive. I cannot get down. She is not down or negative. I certainly should not be either.

It is so hard to watch this happen.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join