It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate them!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   

spartacus699
Thats' really really sad wow.

Okay if it were me, here's what I'd do, no joke....

1) pretty much fire my Dr's. 100%. Not get on bad terms with them. Just move on and don't follow anything they tell you.

2) Get in touch with this DR.... Dr Cass Ingram....
He wrote the book: The Cure Is In The Forest
He's a MD plus a extremely gifted naturopathic DR.
(actually I'm gonna write that name down in my database in case I ever need it. Cuz he knows he's stuff!!)

3) Send him the findings and see what he says and then follow the regiment of suppliments he perscribes. (we're talking weird sheat here like Chaga's, oil of oregeno and other stuff that actually works)

4) Maybe mix in some cannabas oil for good measure.

5) Find some new cause or passion in life to get excited about and that would give me a reason to live.

6) Start reading my bible more and praying more.

And if I die, so what, everyeone dies. I'd be glad I saw it coming. And maybe if I follow the property diet things might turn around. But that's why I NEVER GO SEE DR'S. I'd never go see them, no matter what. You go see them and next thing you know you're being told you have 6 months to live! And what's really sad is if you're stupid you might actually believe them! No, anything and anyone to do with the establishment is to be avoided at all cost. They're bad news.

But anyway, just call her as often as you can. That's at least something right. And think positive.
edit on 11-9-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

You are right everyone dies. But to die at 45 when average humans live to be in their 70's feels like you are being robbed! IT is not fair!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

spartacus699
reply to post by StealthyKat

I was listening to Jim Rohn (the power of ambition) on youtube. One thing he said really rang home. That is no matter what our situations in life we have to be "realistic about them" to some degree. Like if it's bad, then have faith that things will get better, but just be realistic about things. Like if it's your time to go then it's yoru time to go. Just get ready to go, and don't hold onto your pride and ego until the very end. At that point you should really shed all that and humble yourself before God. Thats' all you have left at that point. And maybe he might grant you an extention of time, who knows. If not then that's the way life is. But if you're realistic about the situation then at least you're not so heavily resisting it that it makes it that much more painful. I don't know, just a thought.

Time, it is the one thing, that no matter how much of it you get, you always want more. That is what I have realized lately!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

StealthyKat
I found a video that despite the fact that I was in terrible pain made me laugh so hard I forgot all my troubles for a few minutes. I can't stop watching it and started a thread with it and thought maybe it could be a funny video thread for when we need a laugh! Check it out...maybe you could send it to Lisa?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I will. Thank you!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Plotus
reply to post by Murgatroid

that part you said "You and Lisa can rendezvous in Heaven." ...I think that's the spirit.
For K2 .....vVv
I'd say when together, if you and her can, try to have activities where you can both throw it out of your mind, the kind of good times you used to have. Of course you will both have to come back down to earth, but for that brief time, it can all be good and enjoyable despite the outlook of the doctors.

Don't give her false hope, that's as bad as being all fake when your around her. Be real, tell her, come on, lets go happen, and then do, as long as your able, fill the minutes you have with memories and good times, the rest will come soon enough. And if you have to talk of the end, well remember, were All going to ultimately end up there also.
edit on 11-9-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

Thank you!! Great ideas!! I kind of feel like I almost have to give her false hope, to stay positive. She knows the outcome is bleek. She knows reality. She doesnt need me for reality...at least I dont think so. She counts on me to be the person who doesnt look at her like the "cancer girl". She told me I am the ONLY person in her life including her mother who does not treat her any different since she got her first cancer diagnosis. She counts on me for normalcy. That is the part that kills me. Every time I go to visit her , I have a long drive (4-5 hours depending on traffic) and I use that time to muster all of my energy and strength to be "on" my game so I dont let her down. It is exhausting. But she needs that from me.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Gazrok
She probably needs you to be the normal YOU right now.

Any chance of doing some things on her bucket list? We all have them. Maybe the fun of doing some may keep your minds off the other thing.... (and doesn't have to be giving up). The human body is capable of some pretty amazing things. Having some fun may be just the kick start she needs. Either way, at least you both can have some fun together.

I asked her about her bucket list on Labor Day weekend (last weekend) and she told me she didnt have one. That the ONLY thing she wanted to live to see/do was to attend her daughter's college graduation in February from a trade/school for physical therapy assistant. (2 year program that was condensed into an intense 18 month program).

I asked what I could do to help. She said "find a cure for cancer".

UGH

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Individuals are amazing, often beating out science. In any case, may I suggest your continued love and support. Knowing there maybe a time, when you are required to tell her. You love her dearly, but she is free to go if she must. Wish her a swift journey to a joyful destination.

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I found this documentary online...

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I feel for you and i know how it is. I've been through this early this year, when my best friend died from breast cancer.

When she told me a couple of years ago, i was in the same loss of words. She was a really strong person and full of life. I still can't believe that she's gone.

Anyway my advice is not to treat her like a person who has 6 months to live. She knows she has your support and it's better for her not to be constantly reminded of her condition.

When my friend Maria was in the hospital the second time, we were planning things, like she had all the time in the world and that made her feel like there was some hope and smile.

I can only wish the very best for both of you. Be strong and if you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Night Star

Saw your pics on page two. 53?????????????

Not till November LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Hey Gazrok!!! How are you? It's been a long time......How is Ms Gazrok?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

StealthyKat

Night Star

Saw your pics on page two. 53?????????????

Not till November LOL

You look a hell of a lot younger. I'm 55. Oh, I can't read any PM's. Might have to re-install firefox.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Well I wish I felt it LOL! Must be genes....My Mom is76 and she looks 56 ....not even kidding! Thanks Mom! hee hee

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Today is my last day for radiation! Wooo Hoooo! I hope I never have to go again......

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

StealthyKat
reply to post by Forte

No it doesn't cure it. But it does increase appetite and help them sleep better. Too bad it's illegal because it could help a lot! That has been proven.

Thats what I was talking about as well, only I used puppies, then I thought about it and those puppies would help eat the pizza

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

k21968

My best friend since I was 13 years old (33 years now) told me last weekend she has 6 months to live if she was
lucky.

She has been fighting breast cancer for 6 years. Beat it once. It came back. Beat it again. It came back this time with a vengeance. She had spots in her lungs, her bones, and her spine. She has been undergoing chemo and radiation this time for 8 months. This past weekend she told me her cancer has spread to her spine and her liver and the doctor told her there is nothing else they can do. It is too spread throughout her body.

I stood there as she told me this in shock. I did not know what to say. I hugged her and said "that is B*llsh*t no one can tell you when you are going to die. Then I said, "I could get hit by a semi driving home from here". That is crap!!

I was angry. It was not the reaction I thought I would have. It was not appropriate.

She lives about 5 hours away from me. I get to see her once a month. I cannot bear the idea that I will only see her 5 more times.

This is unreal.

I told her (after I processed it all) that I wish I could take her pain and worry away. I wish I could make it better. I told her all I could offer her is to let her know I am here for her 24/7/365...just a phone call away.

It just doesnt seem like enough. I feel so helpless.

If LIsa leaves me, I know my heart will never recover. I feel so selfish. She told me the day she gave me the news all she wants is to live until February to watch her daughter graduate from college.

February..that is 5 months away.

I now look at everything with her in urgency. Time it goes too fast. I want more. She is my sister from another mother. She gets me. She always has. I have aspergers and I am "quirky" she loves me quirks and all.

What do I say?

Part of me wants her to do something amazing for her daughter...like help her make videos or write letters. But that feels like I am giving up on her. But If she truly has 6 months...we have to get busy.

How do I suggest to her I can help her with her wishes...help her fulfill them after she is gone...without giving up on her?

Oh this sucks so bad. My heart is truly hurting and breaking.

I feel so freaking selfish but she is an amazing person and the world needs to know about her, her daughter needs to know her stories from the past, and her grandchildren deserve to know their grandmother they will never meet.

What do I do???
edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: Added a pic of Lisa and I.

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

Honestly. We always try to tell the people who are dying what they want to hear. Tell her how you really feel. Tell her how you love her for being your friend and that even though you are going to miss her a lot when she is gone... the memories wont haunt you, but instead you will love to remember how she made you feel. Let her know, you are scared to and that even though you don't fear death for yourself, that you'd wish you could take all her pain away and/or deal with it yourself. Tell her you are going to keep in touch with her family and actually do it. Tell her you will share her memories with other not just out of missing her but because your experience with her have change you. Tell her who she has helped you become and that even though she is gone, how she's helped you in life soo much will be completely unforgettable.... Tell her about all the times you were mad and that how much it really matter or most likely didn't now that you see where this is going....

and in the end... tell her you are going to live life with the expectation of it being finite like it is instead of living it every day like it will never end.. why Because you mean it and because relationships should be lived like they should be kept... personal.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
this thread appears to be close to running its course so i better add this now.

1. in any dis-ease i feel it would be advantageous to trace back the developments of the dis-ease as far as humanly possible.
ie; what are the factors that led up to it.
was i eating pure and fresh food free of additives that might poison my system.
were the cooking vessels made of aluminium?
did i breathe sufficiently? did i stretch or exercise sufficiently? after all, lack of movement causes stagnation.
did i expose myself to damage from environment? eg; my skin cancer is on my forehead and i used to do welding jobs where i would hold the parts and "tack" them together before i held the screen up. so many damaging rays would have penetrated my skin.
what nutritional advice has my doctor provided? few doctors are sufficiently trained in nutrition and emphasis is often on pharmaceuticals.
what is the prevalence of cancer in other countries such as india and what is the difference in their diet?
have i carried stress with me for to long without attending to it?

2. a man i knew personally, the grandfather of my daughter in law, smoked from the age of 4, (his elder brothers fault), and stopped when about 80. he lived to 96 and died of old age as far as i know. he drank a lot of alcohol and smothered his food with salt. what he did regularly was to take a spoonful of soda bicarb in water every day. this ensured his system would be alkaline. most of the foods we indulge ourselves with are acid forming and not healthy.
3. my neighbour, a filipina about 40, contracted breast cancer and treated herself with coconut oil and some herbs and after much weeping of "stuff", the lumps came out and immediately she felt relieved. many in her culture are herb conscious.
4. my own skin cancer is receding provided i keep up the regime of a) soda bicarb mixed with apple cyder vinegar and applied to the area. b) eating a heaped desertspoon each day of tumeric. c)eliminating all sugar.
5. according to yoga philosophy, ALL dis-ease begins in the mind. even a fall with a broken arm. they certainly look at things differently.
6. colonic irrigation is an incredibly effective remedy for many ailments. 3 examples, all known to me personally.
a) he had serious insomnia for 30 years, had 5 treatments, leapt off the couch with great energy after 2 treatments, slept like a baby for years after 5 treatments.
b) she had at least 2 miscarriages, possibly more; had 5 treatments over a month and was told she would now conceive. She did immediately.
c) he had asthma, 5 treatments later and he threw his medicine away, completely cured.

I would argue that colonic irrigation is in most cases the line of first defence. It flushes away impurities that have accumilated for years or decades and allows for unimpeded absorption of nutrition. At least that’s how I understand it. Whatever, it WORKS, and is under valued. The practitioner I spoke to, a medical doctor now moved away, claimed he had cured more serious disorders than that.

some have voiced their concern that imbalances of events occur to people that are hard to fathom. i believe it would be better understood if we allow that the world is not projected onto us but BY us. if we become more conscious of HOW we live, health and longevity may be ours. if we have become ill, we need to review our whole behaviour and see if we are making any contributions to that state, whether by emotion, thinking, or whatever. after all, we have spent a lifetime squeezing ourselves into the mind/body complex, identifying with that same complex, and contracting from infinity. its time to let go; let god.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
How is Lisa doing?

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

She is okay. She told me last night that her "counts" (whatever that is) went down 2 digits. She seemed pleased but when I asked what it meant, she told me it really didnt matter...it meant that the cancer is still spread throughout her body and this just mean the bone booster they are giving her is keeping it at bay right now instead of it growing. She is not better. She is holding the same.

She is in good spirits. She is fighting a nasty bout of retaining water and it is oozing from her arms (lymphadema) so she has to wear a sort of stocking on her arms. She also broke out in a horrible painful rash all over her body from the bone booster they are giving her.

They are trying to keep her around as long as possible but the side effects are horrendous.

So on top of the drugs she is taking for cancer, she has to take more drugs to counter act the side effects of the drugs for her cancer.

thank you for asking about her...your support means so much...and to know you think of her means a lot too!
She can't win.
edit on 14-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I highly recommend she reads, Dying to Be Me, by Anita Moorjani. Also watch every video interview. No fear, only Love, and sometimes healing as well. For there are reasons why we succumb to the world and sometimes it is our time, according to soul agreement and HS or Sources wishes, but other times, its a gift or lesson to wake us up.

Also, another book that coordinates information with Anita's, that speaks of healing as well is Greg Braden's, the Divine Matrix.

In this, a young man was wasting away from his heart condition and one who gave talks on Universal Field and Healing, Positive thoughts, told him to use his imagination to see himself already there, already healed, not seeking healing, but instead see the doctors shocked face at the test results saying, well this is impossible. This is a miracle. And just be already there with your mind, and positivity. And indeed, he was healed.

We're more powerful with Love, than we realize.

Is there a life after life ? Anita Moorjani is a living proof!!!! Check this out!! MUST SEE

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join