It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 months to live...and not a clue what to say

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Unity_99

We're more powerful with Love, than we realize.

That is a very powerful statement! Thank you!! I will forward this to her!

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I just want to quote something for "The Divine Matrix" by Gregg Braden, Hay House, Inc.1st edition, January 2007; 21st edition, September 2012.

It was good timing because my book mark is here, so was right on time so to speak:

p. 66

There's a subtle yet powerful difference between working towards a result and thinking and feeling from it. When we work torwards something we embark upon an open-ended and never-ending journey. While we may identify milestones and set goals to get us closer to our accomplishment, in our mind, we're always "on our way" to the goal, rather than "in" the experience of achieving it. That is precisely why Neville's admonition that we must enter "enter the image" of our heart's desire and "think from it" is so powerful in our lives.

I will be sending prayers and that the best possible healing and outcome occurs, and for help, strength and peace along the way for all involved.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

k21968
reply to post by Night Star

She is okay. She told me last night that her "counts" (whatever that is) went down 2 digits. She seemed pleased but when I asked what it meant, she told me it really didnt matter...it meant that the cancer is still spread throughout her body and this just mean the bone booster they are giving her is keeping it at bay right now instead of it growing. She is not better. She is holding the same.

She is in good spirits. She is fighting a nasty bout of retaining water and it is oozing from her arms (lymphadema) so she has to wear a sort of stocking on her arms. She also broke out in a horrible painful rash all over her body from the bone booster they are giving her.

They are trying to keep her around as long as possible but the side effects are horrendous.

So on top of the drugs she is taking for cancer, she has to take more drugs to counter act the side effects of the drugs for her cancer.

thank you for asking about her...your support means so much...and to know you think of her means a lot too!
She can't win.
edit on 14-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

I am so sorry to hear this. I know what she is going through. She is referring to her white blood cell count. When it drops, your body can't fight infection. I just went through this and the meds they give to boost bone marrow production is horrible. It made me feel like the inside of my bones were on fire. I am going to pray that God will ease her pain, and give her peace of mind and comfort. Tell her that for me please.

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

a great video. the woman illustrated quite well that what she feared and held quite strongly in her heart eventually manifested. there is a great lesson illustrated here. jesus indicated similar. "as you believe so shall it be unto you." we should all embrace good health in our hearts.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It is 1:01 am and I can't sleep. Decided to light a candle for Lisa and for all who are suffering in some way. My prayers are for their strength and courage to face whatever comes their way.

Lisa sounds like a strong and wonderful woman. I have to tell you that I truly believe that we are far more than just a physical body and that life continues after death. I believe that when she passes, she will go on to something else, somethig better.

I am going to confess something here, something that many people will see as crazy and I would too had it not happened to me. I have a pre-birth memory of being in some sort of spirit form. I have also had one out of body eperience that was not planned and freaked me out at first. LOL The reason I bring these experiences up is because it has proven to me that we are not our physical bodies. They are just a temporary vessel.

That is why I say I believe she will go on to something better. It takes a lot for me to share my 'crazy' experiences, but I know it to be true and perhaps it may bring you some semblance of peace. That is my wish anyway.

edit on 16-9-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

thank you that was sweet and I too believe there is something more. There has to be. Your words really helped me on a particularly bad day.

I couldnt sleep last night either. I have everything to be thankful for but yet I am feeling sorry for myself. I have to get myself out of this funk.

Hugs

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I did Kat. She said "YES FIRE!!!" lol

thank you for helping me understand.

The bone booster is really taking away from her quality of life...and she is thinking about stopping it even though it is helping her keep the cancer counts even...instead of rising.

posted on Sep, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Here is the side effect from the bone booster..

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I spoke with Lisa briefly last night. She is weak. She is tired. She is very sick. The bone booster is making her miserable and she is considering stopping all treatments. The treatments she is on is basically to prolong her life and slow down the cancer. They cannot eradicate the cancer.

She said "I think the drugs are killing me".

I prayed something last night I have never prayed before.

I prayed that God give her peace and comfort. I set my selfish desires aside and prayed for what she truly needs. Peace.

I know she wants to make it until February. She is declining quickly.

Her spirit is significantly sadder than just 2 weeks ago when I saw her. (the first pic I attached of us)

She is now basically bed ridden due to the side effects from the medication.

She figures if she stops it now, she can have MORE QUALITY days versus more time sick. I get it. It makes me sad. But I get it.

Thank you all for your support. You have been amazing. The u2u's make me smile. You will all never know how you have touched my heart.

~k2

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I talked to Lisa today. She is not doing well. She is very very sick and weak. She said she is not sure she can continue this treatment plan. She read me her pet scan results...

Cancer is found:
Spleen
Liver
Lungs
Bladder
Bones in her spine, hip, and sternum
Multiple lymph nodes

Our conversation went like this after she read me the list:

Me: Ok so they take out the cancerous parts of your body.
Lisa: I need some of those things
Me: No. YOu can live without a portion of your liver. It grows back. They can remove portions of your lungs. You can live without a spleen. You can live without lymph nodes. They can take out the affected bones.
Lisa: Then you will call me gumby or Hollowman.

Me: LOL
Her : LOL

Then she invited me to speak with her surgeon and give him my recommendations. :/

At least we can laugh.

edit on 21-9-2013 by k21968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Oh Sweetheart, this has to be agonizing for you both. She should be able to stop the treatments if it will make her feel a little better. Right now it is best to get her as comfortable as possible and be there with your love, light, laughter and tears. I know that she loves and appreciates you and all the wonderful memories you have shared together over the years. You have done and are still doing all that you possibly can.

If you cry, know that I too am crying and share in your pain. I have lost many loved ones and know what you are going through. Please know that your goodbyes are only temporary and that one day you will be re-united again.

Tell Lisa that there are people here that are still thinking of her, praying and wishing her peace.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

6 months and one is already almost gone. Time goes too fast. She wasnt in very good spirits when I called, but was laughing with me by the time we ended our conversation an hour later! I love her more than words can say. I told her that today. Usually it is just understood, but today I said it. I felt it was important. We talked about her daughter, my daughter...their colleges and stuff. Then her cancer. We made plans for every October and November. She said November 12th. I said what about it? She said, I dont think I will be here any more.

I said sure you will. That is not 6 months and they said six months for the typical person. We both know you are not typical. LOL

Is it inappropriate for me to be making jokes? WTH is wrong with me???????????

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
LOL Honey don't worry. You have been able to make her laugh through her darkest moments. Humor is fine. You're ok and Lisa knows and understands that you are trying to help.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I thought laughing would take her mind off of her misery. It seemed to work. She was in much better spirits when we got off of the phone. I seriously cannot imagine my life without her in it. It is too much. She will not plan anything past November 12th. I kept asking her why. She just said "because". It is like she thinks that is the day she will leave this planet. She was telling me everything she is planning and stopped at November 12th. Very specific. Very odd. I cannot get that date out of my head now. Is it even possible she knows the day she will die? Why that date? There is not significance. I asked. She just said "trust me, I know". She said she feels she is on borrowed time already and even though the tumor marker test dropped a little this month, she said and I quote "this is it".

She is calm about it when she talks. Her voice never quivers. So I do not let mine either. I am just very perplexed and keep playing the conversation over and over in my head. Her birthday is Halloween. She was talking about plans for a mother/daughter date with her daughter and I said "AND" what next? She said there is no next. After November 12th there is no next. She was very certain.

Is this chemo messing with her head???? Is this typical to predict the date of your own death ??

She is not normally like this. She would not normally say a date. Three weeks ago she was talking about February, she had to make it to February. Now she is certain she will not make it after 11-12-13.

That date alone is freaky. 11-12-13. I didnt realize it until I typed it. I am really wigged out now.

I need a drink.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

Yes...it's awful. I think if they told me I have to keep doing it and no guarantees...I would think twice about continuing. Since I had my 11 boosts in the past couple of weeks I can barely get out of bed. Besides the burns I am just so tired. It feels like someone stuck a needle in you and literally drained you of all energy. I am going to continue my prayers for you both. Stay strong and cherish each moment with each other. I wish I could give you both a real hug....

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Thanks Kat, you are in my thoughts and prayers as well. I pray you get some relief and comfort soon. If I was near you I would visit and bring you soup and we could have a girls night. I really think we would be great friends!

I pray that you get relief from your pain and get well very soon. You are a truly special person!

HUGS!

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I think she is right honey....as much as I hate to say it. The treatments, if they will do no good in the end, ARE making her sicker. If it were me, I would choose quality over quantity. I am crying as I type this because I can feel her pain....and yours. Everyone says "stay strong and fight" etc etc....but it isn't that easy. They don't know how it feels. I just wish I knew the words to say...but I don't. I just hope that she can come to a decision and get some type of relief.....I know she is in pain. Make sure she is getting the pain meds she needs. Many people are afraid to ask for strong narcotics, but she needs them now so that she can be more comfortable. I didn't want to take them, but after the burns were so bad, they put me on Morphine, and it made a world of difference. She should not have to suffer. It won't take it all away, but it will help. Please tell her I am praying for her to find some comfort....I am so sorry.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

After a year of being cancer free, I still get that overwhelming fatigue. Maybe it's some of the meds I'm on. I don't know.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Maybe Lisa does know the date of her passing, or maybe she has just convinced herself that it will be that day.

posted on Sep, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I think so too! I wish you, Lisa NightStar, and myself could get together for one evening....I bet it would be very special. We would laugh and cry, but I promise I would have us all laughing by the end of it! BTW... I think you are pretty special too! (((((hugs)))))

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join