It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 125
<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

texasgirl, if there is a major change in what is going on over there I was planning on doing a new thread and then at the end let people know this discussion is on going here.

In truth though there are alot of people who know about this thread and jump back in, or start lurking again whenever there is something stirring. One key to making this thread more known is flagging it. It is already I think in the top ten but could and should be higher.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zworld

texasgirl, if there is a major change in what is going on over there I was planning on doing a new thread and then at the end let people know this discussion is on going here.

In truth though there are alot of people who know about this thread and jump back in, or start lurking again whenever there is something stirring. One key to making this thread more known is flagging it. It is already I think in the top ten but could and should be higher.

Okay, that makes sense.

BTW...."Fukushima: The Beginning of the End" would be a very eye-catching thread title!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Spam removed by admin.
edit on May 20th 2015 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I felt compelled to reply for unknown reasons.

the pic above was taken in Hiroshima approx 2 months after they made dirty sunshine. great uncle bill was in the raf at the time and was over there assisting as well as gaining knowledge of the culture. when they disembarked for the return to England, no-one was allow onto the carrier deck for the whole period. they had to stay in the hold swinging in hammocks for a number of weeks. ptb thought it may cause problems with unknown levels of contamination.
for the rest of his life he suffered stomach problems and became anemic (sp?). he knew what it was and we discussed this over many years.
yesterday I carried his coffin into the chapel. he was 89 years young and a perfect gentleman. my connection to japan and the people I feel has only increased due to his passing.

to the lurkers and honourable posters, we must shed light on the places they wish to keep dark.
f.

edit on 20-5-2015 by fakedirt because: spell spell spell

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt

the pic above was taken in Hiroshima approx 2 months after they made dirty sunshine. great uncle bill was in the raf at the time and was over there assisting as well as gaining knowledge of the culture. when they disembarked for the return to England, no-one was allow onto the carrier deck for the whole period. they had to stay in the hold swinging in hammocks for a number of weeks. ptb thought it may cause problems with unknown levels of contamination.
for the rest of his life he suffered stomach problems and became anemic (sp?). he knew what it was and we discussed this over many years.
yesterday I carried his coffin into the chapel. he was 89 years young and a perfect gentleman. my connection to japan and the people I feel has only increased due to his passing.

to the lurkers and honourable posters, we must shed light on the places they wish to keep dark.
f.

Amen.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
f, the picture is a sad reminder of how little we knew back then.

On another note, we recently discussed the Wigner Effect. Here is an interesting story on how the Wigner Effect can be used to good ends. And by a factor of ten. That is big news if it holds up. We could start building the inside of dry storage containers out of thermoelectric films that would convert the heat still being generated by the spent fuel into massive amounts of electricity.

www.eurekalert.org...

"We've demonstrated that by irradiating a thermoelectric semiconductor with high-energy alpha particles, we can control native defects in the crystal so that these defects actually enhance the performance of the thermoelectric material by a factor of up to ten,"

"The alpha particles knocked out atoms from their lattice sites and introduced native defects such as vacancies and interstitials. Normally, you would expect defects to degrade a material's performance, but the alpha particles inflicted relatively heavy damage beneath the surfaces of the bismuth telluride thin-films while allowing the surfaces to retain good electrical conductivity. The results were controlled native defects that acted beneficially and multi-functionally as electron donors and electron energy filters."

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is hopefully the last time I have to post one of these. This time it's seabirds again. And of course once again there is no mention of radiation possibly playing a role. Starvation is listed as the culprit, but that wasn't the cause of dieoff for other species like starfish and urchins. Starvation may just be a side effect of something else occurring.

theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com... e/

“This is just massive, massive, unprecedented,” said Julia Parrish, a University of Washington seabird ecologist who oversees the Coastal Observation and Seabird Survey Team (COASST), a program that has tracked West Coast seabird deaths for almost 20 years. “We may be talking about 50,000 to 100,000 deaths. So far.” Although there doesn’t appear to be a link to the virus that killed tens of millions of sea stars along the same shores from California to Alaska over the past 18 months, some scientists suspect a factor in both cases may be uncharacteristically warm waters. The U.S. Geological Survey and others have performed animal autopsies, called necropsies, on several of the emaciated Cassin’s auklets.

They’ve found no evidence of disease or trauma—no viruses or bacteria, no feathers coated with spilled oil. The birds appear simply to have starved to death. “There’s very little evidence of food in their GI [gastrointestinal] tracts or stomachs,” said Anne Ballmann, with USGS’s National Wildlife Health Center. At first scientists weren’t too surprised by the carcasses washing ashore. When young auklets fledge in late summer, they all enter the water at the same time and start competing for food—shrimp-like krill and tiny crustaceans called copepods. For various reasons, last summer’s birth class of Cassin’s auklets was gigantic. Researchers expected a higher death toll, too. But they now are perplexed by the sheer numbers of dead birds and the spreading geographic extent of the die-off. “Death at this level and over this much real estate has to be from more than just that,” Parrish said.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

hello z
these thin-film experiments look promising, possibly fostering like negatively charged plates. if confirmed after larger scale tests, I can't see why they couldn't address the beta issue as well (positively charged plate attraction)
as for gamma, I thinks that's a different animal being (possibly wrong description) massless.

f.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

f.

Excellent post. May he rest in peace.

Thank you.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

the seabird die-offs are alarming. usually they will scavenge further afield if source is lacking on just about anything they can ingest. I expect massive clusters of jellyfish to be sighted off the west coast (us) in the not too distant future due to lack of predators and a warmer clime as reported regarding the 'blob'. something invisible is ripping it all apart.

of all the various sites I have researched up to present regarding the pacific and the ongoing necropsies, I haven't seen one mention of radionucleide contamination. it seems to me the very mention of the possible connection is sending shudders up the spines of all involved. the silence is deafening.
f

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

the seabird die-offs are alarming. usually they will scavenge further afield if source is lacking on just about anything they can ingest. I expect massive clusters of jellyfish to be sighted off the west coast (us) in the not too distant future due to lack of predators and a warmer clime as reported regarding the 'blob'. something invisible is ripping it all apart.

of all the various sites I have researched up to present regarding the pacific and the ongoing necropsies, I haven't seen one mention of radionucleide contamination. it seems to me the very mention of the possible connection is sending shudders up the spines of all involved. the silence is deafening.
f

Up in the Puget Sound area fishermen are bringing in nets full of jellyfish and nothing else.

Governments are so controlled by industry that we probably will never see a connection made between the condition of the ocean and Fukushima. And as we all know the rule of thumb is simply 'if we cant prove it they will deny till the earth is fried', just like global climate chaos, pesticides and other toxics, the need for war etc etc etc.

I can hear Tracy Chapman singing from my music player as I write "talkin bout a revolution"

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here's another reason we need to kill the TPP and TIPP. If Japan wins this WTO case then its time to realize that we are at war.

www.fukuleaks.org...

Japan Takes S. Korea To WTO Over Fukushima Food Bans
May 21st, 2015

Japan has filed a WTO trade complaint against South Korea for restricting potentially contaminated Japanese food from entering their market. Japan also recently threatened to do the same to Taiwan after that country put additional proof of origin and radiation screening on some imports.

Japan’s argument has been that food products are under that country’s intervention limit for radiation contamination, citing government food testing programs. Those programs involved only spot testing of products. Food products not tested are routinely exported. As ongoing testing in Taiwan has shown, food items that contain radioactive contamination are showing up in other countries with some of them over Japan’s own intervention limit.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

this is a concerning aspect of these secretive talks. if the various food agencies allow contaminated foodstuffs into the country for consumption via a dispersed pattern, what would the media/public make of this? the uk had a horsemeat scandal last year and nothing much was done about it. a wave of apathy washed over this country. will this be a repeat if the lid is lifted?
my intention is to test everything. I know certain kelps and seafoods have higher than background readings although this is no indication that they are contaminated with man-made radionucleides.

allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com...

the link above is an excellent read by a Belgian chap who imo has gone deep down the rabbit hole.

f

posted on May, 22 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hydrogen in Storage Tanks

So these things could explode...

Radioactive wastewater leak linked to hydrogen
Nuclear & Energy May 22, 2015 - Updated 02:44 UTC-4

The operator of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant says recent leaks of highly radioactive wastewater from their containers were likely due to accumulated hydrogen gas in the tanks.

Tokyo Electric Power Company reported this to the Nuclear Regulation Authority on Friday. TEPCO has found since April that the wastewater, produced during the process of treating radioactive water, had seeped out through the lids of a number of containers.

The utility says that 28 of the 265 inspected containers had leaked, and in 15 of them, bubbles formed when workers stirred the liquid inside, and water levels went down.

The utility believes the bubbles mainly consist of hydrogen, generated by strong radiation inside the containers. TEPCO officials suspect the gas increased the volume of the wastewater, forcing some to overflow.

They say none of the spilled water has affected the external environment. As stopgap measures, they plan to put liquid absorbents on the lids of the containers, and reduce the amount of water stored inside.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
From the Diary

127 Fukushima children diagnosed with thyroid tumors. 103 for sure are malignant cancer. The normal rate for this condition is 1 in 1,000,000. Only 400,000 children have been tested so this results in a 318 in 1,000,000 ratio. If there was an 318 times increase of cancer in a certain area, youd move far away, right?

How does the government of Japan respond. By forcing families with children to move back to contaminated areas.

Can anyone spell revolution?

posted on May, 23 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
TEPCO has found since April that the wastewater, produced during the process of treating radioactive water, had seeped out through the lids of a number of containers.

The utility says that 28 of the 265 inspected containers had leaked, and in 15 of them, bubbles formed when workers stirred the liquid inside, and water levels went down.

The utility believes the bubbles mainly consist of hydrogen, generated by strong radiation inside the containers. TEPCO officials suspect the gas increased the volume of the wastewater, forcing some to overflow.

Unreal. The lids aren't even securely locked in place. And this water treatment stuff has to continue endlessly into the future. No wonder they want to dump it into the ocean. Another insane head scratcher.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a graphic novel type history of fuku et al.

afaz.at...

f

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive
Hydrogen in Storage Tanks

So these things could explode...

Wow. Your assessment is spot on PC. And if one goes off ???

If that doesn't arose the nuclear regulatory community into action to take control of the situation over there nothing will. From www.fukuleaks.org...

highly radioactive sludge in the containers is generating hydrogen gas. The sludge in these containers can be as high as 3 Sv/hour – 9 Sv.hour just for a single type of isotope. Hydrogen concentrations found were mostly currently below concentrations known to be explosive. Container W6 was found to have concentrations high enough to cause an explosion if it encountered a spark or flame.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Excellent read f. Thank you for that one. They even say experts think the explosion at unit 3 was a nuclear explosion shooting straight up. A completely different kind of explosion than unit 1. However, they dont take the analysis further and instead conclude it came from either the reactor or the spent fuel pool. As analyzed endlessly on the old thread, all structural damage points to the explosion shooting straight up from the northwest corner of the building, away from either the reactor or pool. Someday someone is going to put that data together and come to the same realization presented on the original thread, which is there is a nuke bomb factory under 3 and 4 that still contains massive amounts of weapons grade plutonium. When that finally gets added to the discussion heads will roll because the US has been behind that factory since the beginning, using Japan as a tool for militaristic expansion into Asia as they are now doing.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

hi z lol thanks for shaking the cobwebs regarding the weapon centre. I almost forgot!

2nd
f

new topics

top topics

<< 122  123  124    126  127  128 >>

join