It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Starting to watch this one, man Arnie is on a roll.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Iori at the Diary has been posting readings for the return air from the drywell cooler in Unit 2 PCV that can be found at www.tepco.co.jp...
If you look at that page you can see how those temps jumped from 20 C to 70 C in early April and have peaked twice at 88C since then including early 5this week. The sensors in question are for RETURN AIR DRYWELL COOLER(TE-16-114E) at least thats what is listed on this page fukushima-diary.com...
that also shows the increase. (Its almost impossible to tell what sensor is in question for sure reading the spread sheet data first urled above).

Now, if you look at the page that is the one you can access easily from the TEPCO website at fukushima-diary.com...
for this particular return air line it shows it running in the high 20Cs.

Can anyone explain the discrepancy to me please. What am I missing?

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is a “Just when you think its safe to go back in the water” post.

Fukushima Update has this story about the IAEA saying that TEPCO should start releasing toxic water into the sea in “controlled releases”. WTF are controlled releases. The only reason they use language like that is to put the walking dead (the masses) back to sleep. Any release done on purpose is a controlled release.

fukushimaupdate.com...

TEPCO MAY NEED TO DUMP FUKUSHIMA WATER INTO SEA, UN SAYS

And SimplyInfo has this story at the same time; www.fukuleaks.org...

“Fukushima Radiation Found In Tap Water Around Japan

Testing conducted in February and March of 2015 foundcesium in many tap water samples collected around Japan. While the numbers were fairly low it is still a persistent problem since tap water is used in some way in everything that is consumed. In the readings, Tokyo had higher tap water contamination levels than Fukushima City.”

Then you look at this story from ENE and it can only make one think that the IAEA is trying to destroy the US westcoast.

enenews.com...

“Guardian: Pacific Ocean “turning into a desert” off California — Experts: Entire generation of baby sea lions is dying; It’s incredible, it’s so unusual and there’s no good explanation for it;

Are the numbers ‘abating’ or ‘falling’? NOAA’s latest data shows 215 in the first 5 days of May — 43 per day, on pace to be the worst month on record. Yet the actual strandings are even higher; NOAA totals appear to only include pups taken to care centers, not total strandings”

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Some new information on what they are doing with # 5.....

firedoglake.com...

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld
Zworld and everyone, be aware of the latest post from UK radiation scientist Ian Fairlie from his website:

www.ianfairlie.org...

It is a very informed debunking of TEPCO's "evaporation solution" for all the contaminated water they are storing.

I am working on a journal article on tritium, because people do not know what they do not know about tritium.

The other recent link I recommend is Dr. Tim Mousseau's latest journal article on radiation effects on birds around Chernobyl and around Fukushima. If you click on some of the hotlinks (highlighted options) you can read the whole article for free. In an appendix to that article there is a complete list of all bird species included in his analysis so far. The thing is, the various amateur and professional bird associations can be counted on to never shut up about this (radiation) problem, as they continue to see the extent of the damage ... these bird groups are also really good at garnering the kind of public spotlight that helps to galvanize the public and the politicians. My recommended link below is to Dr. Mousseau's own website, which contains links to several of his 2015 journal articles ... he also gives an overview there of his 2015 research findings:

www.sc.edu...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

a mention of I-131 in the link. i guess it's still gurgling down below.

the evaporation idea currently being considered imo is insane. vapour delivery system rather than water based. I suspect both considerations will be utilised.

link below may be of interest.
allegedlyapparent.wordpress.com...

f

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Thanks FakeDirt, that was an extremely interesting read. There are apparently enough dead animals that some basic testing should be happening, but if the governments of the world have there way, no testing will happen until the entire Pacific Ocean is a dead zone.
edit on 19-5-2015 by matadoor because: Language......

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Thank you Uphill and fakedirt. Good stuff.

Here's some good news for a change from SimplyInfo this AM

Takahama Reactor Restarts Appeal Rejected By Court

The restart attempt of the nuclear reactors at the Takahama plant in Japan has again been rejected by the courts. The initial injunction stated that safety could not be guaranteed and that the new safety rules lacked rationality. KEPCO immediately appealed the ruling but now the appeals court has upheld the injunction.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: zworld
Thank you Uphill and fakedirt. Good stuff.

Here's some good news for a change from SimplyInfo this AM

Takahama Reactor Restarts Appeal Rejected By Court

The restart attempt of the nuclear reactors at the Takahama plant in Japan has again been rejected by the courts. The initial injunction stated that safety could not be guaranteed and that the new safety rules lacked rationality. KEPCO immediately appealed the ruling but now the appeals court has upheld the injunction.

You know, those judges? Yeah, they drink the water too.

I simply can't see how anyone could rationally say yes after what's happened.

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
More bad news...

www.globalresearch.ca...

Huge Spike in Neurological Diseases in Japan After Fukushima — 600% Rise in Disorders Among Evacuees

By ENENews
Global Research, May 19, 2015

Journal article by authors from Soma General Hospital and Tohoku University, Apr 7, 2015 (emphasis added):

Change in and Long-Term Investigation of Neuro-Otologic Disorders in Disaster-Stricken Fukushima Prefecture [Neuro-otology: Branch of clinical medicine which treats neurological disorders of the ear]

Soma City [is] 44 km north of Fukushima Daiichi… almost all patients who require hospitalization for ear, nose, and throat (ENT) care were referred to our department… We thus investigated the influence of the disaster on internal ear diseases.
Regarding the evacuation area, the total number of patients [in the ENT department] increased 4.64 times [364% in 1st year], 4.24 times [324% in 2nd year], and 4.54 times [354% in 3rd year] compared with the number before the disaster.

More at the link....

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

From the evaporation discussion I found these quotes to be most interesting about tritium. The amount of tritium that is being produced must be enormous, and vaporized tritium would blow towards you know who.

"First, evaporating this radioactive water will NOT isolate the radioactivity: all it would do is convert liquid tritiated water to tritiated water vapour which would be emitted to the air at Fukushima and result in high exposures to those downwind of the plumes.

Second, evaporation would make the problem worse as, contrary to what many people assume, aerial emissions are more hazardous than liquid discharges to sea. Briefly, this is because you can avoid drinking tritiated water and food to a large degree, but you can’t avoid breathing in tritiated water vapour or absorbing it through skin.

Third, tritium is not “relatively harmless” as alleged. This is a common misconception: in fact, tritium is a relatively dangerous nuclide. For example, its beta particle inside the body is more harmful than most X-rays and gamma rays. But that’s just one aspect: tritiated water vapour has several other dangerous properties, and organically bound tritium (ie attached to lipids, carbohydrates and proteins) inside us is even more dangerous". See “Tritium- risks not properly assessed” in www.ianfairlie.org...

posted on May, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Also, this is older, but has some great content.

www.collapsingintoconsciousness.com...

I suggest using duckduckgo.com as your browser, they don't track you and I've found more content of Fuk there than using any other browser.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: zworld

if they decide to evaporate either naturally or heat forced (tritium), I am of the opinion that those making the decisions are truly insane and will be guilty of committing genocide via a weapon of mass destruction.

this will be a game changer above that which is already in place. the steel vats will not last forever and as we mull, cobalt-60 is doing the rounds on the skins degrading the integrity.
are they hoping that another tsunami will appear so the stacked bags will wash away and the vats will conveniently rupture?

regarding the judges on the decision not to restart. they have applause from me, however the cabal will be scrutinising them for dirt even fakedirt to get an edge I suspect.
nbc suits all round may have to make one for husky.

f.

edit on 20-5-2015 by fakedirt because: spell spell spell

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Okay, THIS is cool, a Gamma Ray Camera.

phys.org...

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Okay, all clear, crank up another nuke!!!

news.yahoo.com...
Tokyo (AFP) - Japan's nuclear watchdog on Wednesday gave the green light to restart one more atomic reactor, weeks after the government said a fifth of the country's electricity supply should come from atomic power.

The decision by the Nuclear Regulation Authority (NRA) that reactor No.3 at Ikata nuclear power plant in western Japan meets safety guidelines, comes after similar decisions on four other reactors at two different plants.

However, any actual restart could still be some considerable way off; there must first be a lengthy public consultation and local authorities must also give their blessing.

Last month a court granted an injunction banning operators from restarting two greenlighted reactors amid concerns over lax safety standards.

The nuclear issue is a highly sensitive one in Japan, which remains deeply scarred by the tsunami-sparked disaster at Fukushima in 2011, when reactors went into meltdown after their cooling systems were flooded.

More at the link......

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This is scary news. This thread isn't getting enough traction right now with other members of this site. I think someone needs to make a different thread on TEPCO wanting to dump Fuku water into the ocean. (And the animals dying, plus the neurological threat in humans)

ZWorld? FakeDirt? Matadoor? Start another thread?
edit on 20-5-2015 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

This thread isn't getting enough traction right now with other members of this site

There are many of us reading every word written here with a great deal of interest. It is just that, I for one, have nothing to add. So generally I lurk!

So let's see! Lurkers unite. Would every lurker either star this post or type an encouraging message.

Thank you in advance.

P

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I agree that more traction is needed, but keeping this information in one area is priceless, I know I still use the old thread every now and then.

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
I agree that more traction is needed, but keeping this information in one area is priceless, I know I still use the old thread every now and then.

Oh, no, I agree this thread is vital for all the information you provide. I joined ATS because of the 2011 earthquake/tsunami and lurked for several months reading pages and pages of this disaster before finally posting.

But a new thread might generate fresh interest and even get some new lurker a to finally post. We can still keep this thread going, too. (There aren't a dozen threads going on with Fuku like there is with Jade Helm, lol)

I just thought it would help generate some more interest. You guys are extremely informed about what's going on!

posted on May, 20 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I hope nobody minds but Im posting a good chunk of this story because it is so crazy the Japanese Government could claim insanity if anyone sues them. Making children live in areas with radiation greater than what is allowed for someone working in a nuke plant is too hard to fathom. Or as Siskel and Ebert used to say "TWO THUMBS WAY WAY DOWN".

From www.fukuleaks.org...

Fukushima; The Beginning Of The End

A series of announcements over the last two weeks have shown the Abe administration’s true plan for Fukushima & Japan. As the political class pushes for reactor restarts, their commitment towards Fukushima has turned to outright betrayal.
Starting in 2016 local governments will be forced to pay for part of the reconstruction costs.

Last week the central government announced theyplan to reopen any area below 50 mSv/year for people to return by 2017. Areas at 20 mSv/year or below would be reopened in 2016. 20 mSv/year is the international maximum annual radiation exposure for nuclear workers. Now adults and children would be expected to expose themselves to radiation levels at and even above what is permissible for nuclear workers. ICRP cites that the public should not be exposed to more than 1 mSv/year.

The central government plans to end housing assistance for voluntary evacuees by 2017. This will require them to either fund their own living expenses where they moved to or force them to move back to the contaminated regions of Fukushima, even if they have no home left to return to. Officials admit the objective is to push people to return to the evacuated areas.

Many of the homes in Fukushima have severely degraded over the last 4 years. Some had quake damage that could not be immediately repaired due to the disaster. Others were subjected to damage or lack of maintenance over the last four years. There have also been problems with animals forcing their way in or thieves ransacking homes.

The government also announced that they would terminate compensation payments for all evacuees except those from the “difficult to return zone” by 2018. 54,800 people would lose their compensation payments, even those who have been in temporary housing units. There is no consideration being given to the prospect of these people having a functioning home to return to or not.

Asahi Shimbun made this comment about the issue:

“However, it is not clear whether radiation levels will drop as expected by March 2018. Even if evacuation orders remain in place because of delays in decontamination work, the compensation payments will still end in 2018 for the two zones, the sources said.”

Efforts to decontaminate many places in the evacuation zone has proven futile. Some areas defied decontamination attempts, others recontaminated as runoff from forests and other areas migrated back in. In previous years the government had said they would not do further follow up decontamination in many areas, telling residents to just accept living in the higher areas. The government statement that compensation payments would end even if decontamination work had not been completed brings the entire plan full circle.

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join