It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 127
<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

So, we are going through one of the oddest solar cycles, maybe the increased earthquakes and other seismic activities are related?

www.academia.edu...

Really good article.

posted on Jun, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
In the beginning the first things TEpco hid were:

what happened at four (video still not available ) and,

why they spent copious dollars and hours cleaning between three and four BEFORE any pictures were released. this was punctuated when the thermals released video of an incredibly hot piece of machinery on the ground showed and was IMMEDIATELY removed ( that piece looked exactly like one of the steam dryers elements from inside 3'S core containment )

On the issue of the booms at three. The first "boom" is , by the experts, labeled as explosive ..the next two are labeled as: MECHANICAL.

this thread has the volumne status of a back water no where, which is really sad , in the first thread insane human integration created an analysis of the facts structure second to none.
I need to emphasize this; science was being done not just in the face of necessity but in the essence of human nature , which perhaps ( i hope ) is the same as the application and hunt for justice .

If you dis agree with me ...cool...but could we have some more science.

what in your opinion are the booms?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Some Interesting New Pics and Video

I think this is a building for workers:

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Watch the video, some good footage of the site:

www.tepco.co.jp...

Haven't seen this vantage point in awhile:

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Unit 4 SFP now 20.2 Celsius.

www.tepco.co.jp...

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I have been asked before what I thought would be the future for Fukushima, and I have answered as if that was the only concern. However, the following is what I feel may happen on a wider scale, one that we need to prepare for. The recent discussions concerning “The Big Ones” hitting highlight these concerns. I dont want to scare people but research currently suggests the following to be a distinct possibility.

Remember all the hype and predictions surrounding 2012. Worldwide catastrophe and chaos. And then everyone laughed cause like, you know, it didn't happen.

But what if the date was a portal, a period of time, 5 years or whatever, that stretched from 2012 till the big bang of worldwide calamity.

And what if it really started in March of 2011 with Fukushima. If ever there was a single event that fulfilled the 2012 hype, there it was, an EQ, tsunami and radiation #estorm that showed for the first time how a rather small area can produce a worldwide extinction event due to the workings of nature conflicting with mankind. A small area that was now killing the Pacific Ocean and all points east.

Since then there has been one catastrophe after another, unrelated to Fukushima but a sign of the times just the same. EQs, biblical floods, massive firestorms that take out entire towns, unprecedented numbers of wildlife die-offs and infectious disease culls, the accelerated warming of the atmosphere with the subsequent hottest years on record, increased volcanic activity, the Arctic ice melt, droughts, famine, wars. The list is quickly becoming endless.

Unfortunately it's just the beginning. All indicators are pointing towards a future, this year, maybe next, maybe five years from now, but soon enough, when there will be an unleashing of a power many times that which was released on 3/11.

The tectonics of Mother Earth are getting ready to throw a one two punch the human race isn't ready for.

Two places on earth right now harbor the lion's share of tectonic stress for the Ring of Fire and if one goes, so will the other, as they are in direct communication via the Pacific Plate and North American Plate. The most dangerous geologically speaking is the Gorda Plate's interraction with the Mendocino triple junction off Humboldt County, California. When it finally lets go it will let three plates, the Pacific, North American and Juan de Fuca plates (that are all pushing and pulling it but currently locked from moving further), burst out in a tectonic fury. This is the only place on earth where a mag 10 is possible and the pressure is there. The effect on nuke plants will hopefully be somewhat limited unless the main EQ sets off the San Andreas in Southern California and the nuke plants take a hit down there which is a distinct possibility.

The most dangerous for human safety however is the Nankai megathrust fault and the Boso triple junction. When these go it will be a mag 9+ range that will be shallow and close to Tokyo producing widespread destruction and setting off other faultlines along the length of Honshu, with the potential for many Fukushima's to occur. Every plant still has all of their rods sitting idle or in the pools. Every plant is dependent on the same power and technology that ran Fukushima. Every plant is a ticking nuclear bomb, and it isn't even the threat of a reactor melting and the corium eating into the earth that poses the greatest danger.

All it takes is one spent fuel pool to collapse and you can kiss the world goodbye, as it will cause others nearby to go critical due to the extreme levels of radiation that will prevent human intervention and response.

We all knew what would happen if Unit 4 collapsed before they removed the rods. The spent fuel firestorm would have released so much radiation that no one would have been able to keep the other 5 pools and the huge communal pool from boiling out and causing a many times greater nuclear firestorm. This is what the industry and regulators fear the most, and it could still happen at Fukushima as all the rods are still there, just none in unit 4.

If the triple junction off central Honshu goes other plants will more than likely go critical too, just like Fukushima. When this occurs it will be an earth changing extinction event and nothing will ever be the same again. The world will be bathed in radiation.

If other nuke plants around the world suffer a similar fate, say from EQs like the New Madrid letting go, or from tsunamis, hurricanes, volcanoes, dams bursting, whatever the trigger, the effect will be magnified. We have set the stage for something far worse than anything the human race has ever experienced before, all because we wanted to boil some water to produce energy for playing Nintendo and watching TV.

And 2012 and the end of the world as we know it. That's a fantasy a bunch of archaeologists dreamed up. No one can predict the future like that....can they?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor

So, we are going through one of the oddest solar cycles, maybe the increased earthquakes and other seismic activities are related?

www.academia.edu...

Really good article.

M, if I follow the research they present, we are right now at the peak of potential EQ activity due to being on the back side of the solar maximum. Is that accurate?

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: zworld

originally posted by: matadoor

www.academia.edu...

Really good article.

M, if I follow the research they present, we are right now at the peak of potential EQ activity due to being on the back side of the solar maximum. Is that accurate?

BINGO Z, you go the bonus round!!

Yep, I have long suspected that the sun's activity has some impact on earthquakes, just seems to make perfect sense to me.

I've also been watching the sun closely, and the lack of sun spots and where we are SUPPOSED to be in this part of the cycle scares me, because when the sun unleashes at us, besides wiping out the electrical grid, I'm really worried that the pent up energy will then also unload some very large earth quakes. Just seems to fit the existing pattern.

M....

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Okay, crazy idea.

Think about the human race and what we are to the earth. It's like our bodies being invaded by a virus. What does a virus do to us? Tries to use our own body for it's own purpose. We have developed a pretty effective immune system over the millennia.

We as a species are basically a virus to the Earth, using its resources, basically living and feeding off of it.

What is the Earth's immune system?

Maybe, the sun.

Because if the sun gives the Earth a one/two punch of an EMP type pulse, which then causes wide spread earthquakes, that will do a damned good job at wiping out humans, or it will at least knock out a couple of billion of us and knock us back to the 19th century.

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: matadoor

no so crazy an idea matador. I would add a slice of personal insanity by saying that perhaps we will discover that there is and always has been a feedback loop/cause and effect interaction between the sun and earth.

back to fuku. they may have an explanation for the spike in the port.
www3.nhk.or.jp...
f

edit on 2-6-2015 by fakedirt because: added minerals

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silverlok
what in your opinion are the booms?

Silverlok, Ive never trusted the sound recording of the blast and the three booms as they were added afterwards. No member of the Fukushima 50 or others closer to the plant reported hearing three booms. Since the video was taken from the mountain ridge 10 miles away, if it was recorded distinctly there than it would have been overwhelming to those at the plant.

The following is a quote from Murakami Masanobu who works at Fukushima Central Television, the TV station in Japan that shot the video of the explosion. I dont have a link but googling it should find the interview.

“Our video of the explosion was shot from a distance of 17 kilometers, with no sound. But a news video produced by a German TV channel that was uploaded to Youtube and other websites had explosion sounds added. People in Japan who saw the video after it has been tampered with were outraged. They wanted to know: How come this one has sound? And if the video really has sound, why is Fukushima Central Television broadcasting it without sound? I suppose they must have processed the video to make the explosion seem more sensational, but their failure to clarify to the viewers which source was correct just invited confusion.”

Hopefully this puts the three boom discussion to bed.

If you are still trying to convince people that the explosion came from the reactor all one has to do is look at the photographic evidence. The explosion shot straight up as if vectored from a gun. If the reactor had blown then the well cap, layers of concrete, would have shot straight up with the blast, and destroyed the roof trusses above it. However, the only place where the roof trusses are still all there is above the reactor well. The holes appear over the pool and the northwest corner. But we know the blast didnt come from the pool as it is still there and tons of debris are in it. If the blast had come from the spent fuel pool the crane and other debris would have been blown away along with the spent rods. So it is obvious that the blast came from neither the reactor or pool.

edit on 2-6-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

f, it's possible, but I am always skeptical of these reports that all of a sudden they find the problem and it's an isolated thing that they can fix and everything is then alright. It goes along with their method of operation from the beginning, deny that they will be emitting massive amounts of rads for thousands of years.

But if it really was a massive leak from a pipe that they knew was going bad but didn't stay on top of, what does that say about their ability to control the Fuku beast.

Either way we lose.

ON EDIT: The pic and video PC posted above is exactly what Im talking about. All the reactors (except 3 which they didn't show) are looking clean and housed, the workers area is clean and neat and everything is in place, everything is fine at Fukushima. If they had their way they'd turn the place into a an amusement park and have smiling happy children doing a waterslide with AREVA treated water from the reactors.

Remember that the famous 80s saying...."Image is everything"....started in Japan.
edit on 2-6-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt they may have an explanation for the spike in the port.
www3.nhk.or.jp...
f

After reading SimplyInfos report on the leak at www.fukuleaks.org... I would have to agree it was probably the cause. And if it was the cause of the massive spike we are in worse trouble than I thought. The pipe that sprung the leak is the same type of pipe that AC and I analyzed and wrote about in the first thread going back to late 2011. Back then they not only found these pipes not standing up to radiation exposure very well, they found that even grass growing could penetrate the lining of the pipe (remember the pics of grass coming up though the pipe.

Knowing this, why would they, four years later, be using that type of pipe to move water from the R3 turbine building where the worst contaminated water was being stored. And where else is this pipe in use.

And what does it take for the IAEA and others to say enough is enough.

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Seawater Near Port Entrance

Cs-137 more than doubles...other readings remain the same...

June 1:
www.tepco.co.jp...

June 2:
www.tepco.co.jp...

They will probably do "maintenance" like they did before and the numbers will drop.

- Purple Chive

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is priceless...

www.world-nuclear-news.org...

Japan to start Fukushima fuel debris retrieval in 2021
04 June 2015
Japan expects to start the retrieval of fuel debris from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant in 2021, the executive director of the Nuclear Damage Compensation and Decommissioning Facilitation Corporation (NDF) said yesterday. Three of the plant's six reactors suffered core meltdowns in the March 2011 accident, leaving melted nuclear fuel debris on the floor of their containment vessels.

NDF was established in September 2011 by the Japanese government and the country's nuclear power plant operators to manage a fund to support operators in providing compensation to victims of nuclear accidents. Although established following the Fukushima Daiichi accident, NDF will continue to be maintained in the future as part of the Japanese nuclear liability regime.

More at the link......

posted on Jun, 4 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

This is what the industry and regulators fear the most, and it could still happen at Fukushima as all the rods are still there, just none in unit 4.

Do you really think the industry 'fears' any of this destruction or they are just letting it unfold for maximum carnage? I cannot get over the lack of international action on this. Canada (and US?) removed or excused radiation sensors and there is virtually no testing being done by the governments (in North America anyway) other than a rare occasion.

All these animal die-offs are swept under the rug and nowhere is radiation even whispered as a possible cause or contributor. I can't say for sure radiation 'is' involved in these die-offs, but it would sure be number one on my list of things to check for!

What's your best guess on the source of the explosion? I'm sure it was discussed waaay back, my apologies I do not recall the outcomes.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: wishes

When I say "fear the most" I am referring to two different reactions, neither of which we see publicized, but can be gleaned from leaked emails etc. The industry fears a pool meltdown the worst because a) it has the potential to release the most massive amounts of radiation in a short timeframe and would be completely visible and b) it would expose the truth about their insane designs of nuke plants and housing rods high in the air in buildings that can (and will one day) collapse, and show them to be the world's most dangerous liars, killing their industry forever.

The regulators fear a pool meltdown for the same reason as a) above but more importantly for b) as they would be held accountable, and the fact that they have been managed this whole time by the industry while being paid by you and me. When the 'you know what' hits the fan its their heads that will roll. This fear was evident when Unit 4 went south on the 15th. The NRC was more concerned that a fire had broken out in a pool then they were about the fact that Units 1, 2 and 3 had all melted down.

Concerning the theory of an explosion in a weapons factory underground I briefly highlighted the issues in the chapter from my book that I posted about 20 or so pages ago, but in the original thread there is a more thorough analysis and it's all way to complex to explain again. Someday I may put together a report detailing all of the issues but Ive kinda taken the approach recently that we should just wait until they start taking Unit 3 apart and then the truth, whatever it is, will be more clear. Originally I went with Gundersen's theory of a pool explosion but found that not to be the case after analysis, then went with Silverlok's theory but disproved that as well. The last theory I ran with was the one of a weapons factory, a theory that a handful of people started throwing around from day one, but that I refused to believe true until adding it to the investigation and realizing that everything indeed pointed that way.

One reason why I don't like to focus on it too much now is because it is by far the worst case scenario. The amount of potential radiation in a weapons factory most likely exceeds what was above ground in the uranium and MOX rods. And there is absolutely no way they will ever clean any of it up, sending out plumes of groundwater radiation far into the future while posing the threat of another explosion.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Purplechive

In fact it more than triples when using the daily average at the bottom of the page, (at least I think that's what is being shown at the bottom. It's in Japanese though so it could be something else).

Plus the temps of the fuel pool in 4 continue going up, now at 20.8C.

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hey all- finally back in the real world for a while. I've been off doing odd things OCONUS in hot places without local internet (ATS can't be accessed from gov't servers). Been doing a lot of catch-up and that last video posted by aircooled really caught my attention. I utterly and totally disagreed with the SFR Pool explosion theory in R3 from the day that theory first came out. The blast pattern simply did not fit a non-directional uncontained event. The R3 blast was highly directional,similar to a shotgun being fired, with debris and ejecta traveling straight up. There was VERY little damage to R2 and R4 from this blast as well, other than a bit of pressure wave effects and some minor debris punctures. I had also mentioned that if the SFR Pool went high order then it would be empty (We only had IR pics to work off of at the time- no entry had been made) and it seems that video feeds from inside R3 show the SFR Pool to be filled with spent fuel rods covered with debris. While I have not read every single page that I missed over the past 6 months has anyone found any additional evidence of catastrophic failure of the R3 RPV? I'd just like to know if my initial analysis still holds water.

SF, if you are still among the living , three is still a 'no man's land' radiation wise , and all footage has supported this analysis ( that the pool at three was not the actor of interest in the explosive event )

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Greetings:

A quick scan through the 51-page PDF set to tunes.

We like it, except when one pauses to read a page, the music stops.

FUKUSHIMA 2015 Full Worldwide Health Reports What COUNTRIES & How many affected WORLDWIDE - YouTube

Published on Mar 16, 2015
FUKUSHIMA 2015 Full Worldwide Health Reports What COUNTRIES & How many affected WORLDWIDE pdf Full report.. See Worldwide Monitor reports on fallouts from the Fukushima disaster, health problems deaths and more, in this 51 page pdf report.

With great respect,
tfw
Peace Light Love

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Yo Peeps:
Those who might be missing avatars will need to reload those images due to a recent 'upgrade'.

posted on Jun, 6 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wishes

This is what the industry and regulators fear the most, and it could still happen at Fukushima as all the rods are still there, just none in unit 4.

Do you really think the industry 'fears' any of this destruction or they are just letting it unfold for maximum carnage? I cannot get over the lack of international action on this. Canada (and US?) removed or excused radiation sensors and there is virtually no testing being done by the governments (in North America anyway) other than a rare occasion.

All these animal die-offs are swept under the rug and nowhere is radiation even whispered as a possible cause or contributor. I can't say for sure radiation 'is' involved in these die-offs, but it would sure be number one on my list of things to check for!

What's your best guess on the source of the explosion? I'm sure it was discussed waaay back, my apologies I do not recall the outcomes.

All of the detectors were turned off, because of two words. "Plausible Deniability".

If the governments of the world actually were trying to detect radiation and keep us safe, that would be admitting there is an issue. We can't have that.

If they admit there is an issue, then suddenly blame rears it's ugly head, and someone will have to pay for the damages.

As it is, we deny, deny, deny, and then bury all the evidence.

top topics

<< 124  125  126    128  129  130 >>

join