It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares 'nuclear emergency' after quake - PART 2

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: zworld
a reply to: matadoor

Notice how they dont try and analyze the explosion in unit 3 other than to list it as a hydrogen explosion. This ignoring the obvious physical signs of something else occurring is consistent with all the other reports. None actually look at the facts, how the explosion was barreled from the northwest corner, how it resembled a nuclear explosion, and all the other stuff we went over in the first thread. Cowards they are, following TEPCO and the IAEA's lead.

Typical.

If only Jaczko would say what he knows.

I have always tried to remember this quote, and hold it near to my heart.

www.quotery.com...

"The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history."

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The temps continue to rise in the "cold shutdown" unit 1 with 2 and 3 going up as well but much smaller increments. 1 is now pushing 50 C. The ground under 1 is getting hotter by the day. If steam starts coming out of the boreholes Id be very concerned.

Also, Indian Point near NYC had a explosion and fire in a transformer forcing one of the reactors into cold shutdown. Some of the photos are kinda scary. And the reactor was only just brought back on line a couple of days ago because of a steam leak. An aging reactor with multiple concerns but of course "experts" are on scene and there was "never" any danger to the public. Yeah, right?

If I lived near Indian Point Id be packing my bags there as well.

ON EDIT: just noticed that ENE has picked up on the story with further info the fire is continuing to burn. From ENE

"Huge explosion at nuclear plant near NYC — 200 foot high fire ball reported — “Huge black ball of smoke… alarms went off immediately… emergency vehicles coming from every direction” — Fire reignited after burning for half hour — Loudspeaker: “This is not a drill, please be aware, this is not a drill”

edit on 10-5-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Here is an older thread about the sinkhole under the dam which is upstream of 3 Nuclear Power plants.

Not good if this dam goes.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: zworld
The temps continue to rise in the "cold shutdown" unit 1 with 2 and 3 going up as well but much smaller increments. 1 is now pushing 50 C. The ground under 1 is getting hotter by the day. If steam starts coming out of the boreholes Id be very concerned.

Also, Indian Point near NYC had a explosion and fire in a transformer forcing one of the reactors into cold shutdown. Some of the photos are kinda scary. And the reactor was only just brought back on line a couple of days ago because of a steam leak. An aging reactor with multiple concerns but of course "experts" are on scene and there was "never" any danger to the public. Yeah, right?

If I lived near Indian Point Id be packing my bags there as well.

ON EDIT: just noticed that ENE has picked up on the story with further info the fire is continuing to burn. From ENE

"Huge explosion at nuclear plant near NYC — 200 foot high fire ball reported — “Huge black ball of smoke… alarms went off immediately… emergency vehicles coming from every direction” — Fire reignited after burning for half hour — Loudspeaker: “This is not a drill, please be aware, this is not a drill”

I'm honestly waiting for Arnie to chime in on that one Z, because all of us know that we didn't hear the whole story.

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hey, where are you PC?

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Here is an older thread about the sinkhole under the dam which is upstream of 3 Nuclear Power plants.

Not good if this dam goes.

J&C, glad to see you posting again. Noticed at the old thread you brought up the Virginia EQ. Ive been also charting small EQs that are happening in the exact same area as the great New Madrid EQs. If the New Madrid goes off heaven help those in that area which would include the Boone Cam and all the nuke plants in the area.

As an aside, are you still fighting to save old growth in your area. If so I have a=some excellent data for you.

posted on May, 12 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: zworld

Tuesday May 12, 2015, 3:30pm PDT: I don't know about New Madrid, but a 6.8 was recorded today northeast of Sendai in Japan. Nothing from MSM on Fukushima dai-ichi effects so far ... silence is golden? Here is the USGS report: earthquake.usgs.gov...

edit on 5/12/2015 by Uphill because: Added word.

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Uphill

So far no reports of damage at Fuku, but the article below has a video and in the middle of it they show the amount of shaking going on at the plant and it looks fairly severe. If unit 4 survived that without some damage somewhere Id be surprised, knowing how weak that structure was.

www3.nhk.or.jp...

ON EDIT: ENE has a link to a news article that talks about the similarity in tremors and small quakes in the last month and it says that it mirrors what happened 3/11. Remeber that the day before or two days before I cant remember there was a large quake in the same area before the big one hit.
edit on 13-5-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

The 2011 MW9.0 Tohoku earthquake, Japan, was preceded by a 2 day-long foreshock sequence, initiated by a MW7.3 earthquake. 

Modeling the foreshock sequence prior to the 2011, MW9.0 Tohoku, Japan, earthquake

So, yes there was a substantial quake prior to the megaquake. IIRC, there was a substantial slow slip tremor (equivalent energy release of somewhere above 8, I think) mentioned in another paper I had found back in the old thread; that is referred to by the following statement, believe:

We thus propose that this aseismic slip, if it really existed, had only a minor role in triggering and southward displacing the foreshock sequence, as compared to earthquake interaction mechanisms that allow earthquakes to trigger one another.

And, Z, the specific old growth tree I had been working to save is now part of a fantastic park which has been a tremendous boon to the community.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: matadoor
Hey, where are you PC?

Hey Mat - sorry just busy life at the moment!! Saw the temps rise in Unit 1 and 2 again also. Corium just like lava. Unit 3 always flat line temps - corium has left the building.

Anyhow - has always GREAT job to the folks on this thread!!!

- Purple Chive

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Purplechive

Hey, where are you PC?

Hey Mat - sorry just busy life at the moment!! Saw the temps rise in Unit 1 and 2 again also. Corium just like lava. Unit 3 always flat line temps - corium has left the building.

Anyhow - has always GREAT job to the folks on this thread!!!

- Purple Chive

Thanks PC, was just a tad worried about you!!

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
We've had a long series of slow slip tremor activity lasting much longer than previous episodic slips in N. Cal and there has been no resulting EQs of any size greater than 5.5 so it definately isn't a mechanism of potential major movement. The thing that concerns me the most in Japan is the volcanic rumblings.

Great news for the park. It sounds way cool with all the water capture and green roof etc. California is still lagging behind in that stuff. Lots of solar panels but very few cisterns. Good work J&C.

edit on 15-5-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Thanks PC, was just a tad worried about you!!

Im kinda concerned about Q. I know China is now barring Google, but last I heard from him he said that he was going on vacation to someplace where he could post stuff and that was sometime ago. Ill send him an email.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
www.newkerala.com...

The owner of the Fukushima nuclear power plant, Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco) began work on Friday to remove a cover placed over the building housing reactor No.1, a major step towards dismantling the plant.

This will allow workers to remove debris and then spent fuel from the building's interior, Efe news agency reported.

A polyester lining was installed three years ago over the site of a concentrated hydrogen explosion during the 2011 disaster, to reduce radioactive emissions.

More at the link.....

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The 5.1 EQ that just happened off the coast of Japan was only 20+ miles from the plant. I'm beginning to get a funny feeling about another but larger EQ in the very same area, as it's where the rupture caused by the 3/11 EQ ended, and where scientists said the pressure along the plate lines was now centered.

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
A thermometer of Reactor 2 indicates 89℃ / Reaching 100℃ in 4.7 days at this rate

fukushima-diary.com...

The above article from the Diary is a bit confusing. The high readings TEPCO is posting for unit 2 are for the supply air going into the drywell cooler. The air leaving the drywell cooler is the readings that have been going up recently to the 35C range and can be seen at this page; www.tepco.co.jp...

To find the numbers for the supply air you have to look at their spread sheet data that is hard to read at www.tepco.co.jp...
sixth row from the right.

The question that arises is why is the air going into the cooler so hot but in only one feed line. What is it running through that is causing this massive jump, and why is the return air less than half that temperature. If the other supply lines leaving the DW are running the same temperature as the lines going into the DW, this discrepancy at the one hot line doesnt make sense, does it?

ON EDIT: The xenon 135 is also going up again in unit 1, but we cant tell if the same is happening at units 2 and 3 because the measuring limit is ridiculously high, many time higher than for unit 1.
edit on 15-5-2015 by zworld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
And then we have this.....

sputniknews.com...

Is Fukushima the Wormwood of Biblical Fame?

CONNECTING THE PIECES
18:32 15.05.2015(updated 19:50 15.05.2015) Get short URL
Jay Johnson
Radiation began pouring into the Pacific Ocean mutating and killing wildlife on March 11, 2011. Four years later the problem is still here. Not everyone believes in the Bible, however, a passage notes that toward the End times - "many men died from the waters, because they were made bitter".

00:00 / 00:00
The story of Fukushima is one that started several years ago, on March 11, 2011, to be exact, and for most people ended somewhere around there as well, since it just kind of dropped off mainstream media. At the time, some people were saying it was the worst disaster in the history of the world and did not have a solution, that the ocean had been killed, while most media pundits scoffed and replied that the world’s best minds were on top of it and that it would be solved shortly. Well, here we are nearly 4 years later and the reactor cores have not been found, at least not in one piece, although the Washington Post has noted that the hyper radioactive black dirt appearing around the country may have been the cores. As a result of the accident, radiation continues to pour into the Pacific Ocean. This has devastating consequences — not only for the people living nearby, but for the creatures in the ocean as well.

More at the link.....

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
One more video, more of a "promo" type than anything else, but new none the less.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And the latest video from Arnie.....

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 16 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

And the latest video from Arnie.....

www.youtube.com...

Just actually watching this. I am absolutely amazed how much "luck" played a part in this accident.

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join