It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I'm male, and yes I know many women. Women are prone to greed as well, but not so much as men I'd say. This is why 99% of huge corporation are run by males, they like power and are more "dominant" than females.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

You proved my point, you've got nothing.

Your grasp of history is grossly lacking.

The book did not exist during the time the Sumerian people flourished.

The first historical use of a book comes from the reign of Pharaoh Neferirkare Kakai, who reigned during the 5th dynasty of Egypt, roughly 2400 BCE. If you had any grasp of the historical timeline, you'd realize that the Sumerians, as a people, had already been assimilated by the Semitic Akkadians by the time the first books were being used. Therefore, it is physically impossible for them to have collected their writings in a book when books did not exist until nearly 200 years after they were assimilated.

If you're curious though, you're welcome to examine the more than 10,000 tablets they meticulously filled with cuneiform wedges. Innumerable myths, like:

"Enki and Ninmah: a Sumerian Paradise Myth"
"Ninurta's Pride and Punishment"
"The Rape of Ninlil"
"Enki and Ninhursag: the Creation of Mankind"
"the Descent of Inanna"
"Ziusudra and the Deluge"
"Enki and Inanna: the Transfer of the Arts of Civilization"

and more can be found in a number of volumes and libraries by dozens of different authors. There are even volumes, like:

"Myths of Enki, the Crafty God"
"Inanna, Queen of Heaven and Earth: Her Myths and Hymns"

and various other works which collect, categorize, and chronologically present the myths. So, much as the Holy Bible is a collection of many books written by many different authors across many hundreds of years, there is a corpus of Sumerian myths and stories written in many books, across many years, by many different authors.

Whether or not you believe in Bible prophecy, isn't going to change the fact that it's filled with it and it's happening right now, just as the Bible describes it.

Not a single Biblical prophecy has come to pass.

I wouldn't ignore what the Bible says about Jerusalem continuing to be a burdensome stone for the whole world. You may think it only applies to Biblical times, but I think it's clear why everything that started there will end there too.

Well, first off, considering that the Bible is a compilation of stolen myths, stories, and traditions; added to the fact that none of its original prophecy has come to pass; and compounded by the inaccurate history, science, math, and medicine presented within its pages... I'm fairly confident that there's every reason in the world to ignore the Bible.

Seriously? What's with the sarcastic reply?

Actually, the reply was in the form of a question, not sarcasm. I'm actually very forward when I'm being sarcastic. And I use a question mark when I have a question.

Does hearing about the worship of other gods and their rituals make you cringe?

Well, considering the fact that child sacrifice is only mentioned in Hebrew and Roman sources... no, I'm not cringing at the thought of it, because it never happened. It is, was, and always will be propaganda.

The Jews wanted the land the Canaanites and Phoenicians possessed.

The Romans were notoriously ethnocentric, like their Greek forefathers.

What's the best way to win friends and influence people? Turn your collective enemies into barbarous primitives who do all manner of things you disagree with.

Does it put a black eye on those other gods and those who worship them?

No more than a deity who collects foreskins, murders infants for the stubbornness of one King, and punishes the victim for a crime that was committed against them. Yhvh is a dirty, detestable deity when you get down to the nitty-gritty of what he commands.

Does it make you feel the need to defend them by being sarcastic?

Questions aren't sarcasm. Questions are questions.

I can't think of any other reason for your response. It's not like the poster didn't reference sexual perversions too.

Well, clearly thinking isn't your strong suit. Stick to listening, you might be better at that.

The poster merely made a point about the TYPE of behaviors that were going on and why they needed strict laws and instruction. Can you grasp that?

Read what Windword quoted. It's not hard to understand. Yhvh is explaining how women who give birth are unclean for differing periods of time depending on what gender the child is.

It says nothing about any behavior other than childbirth in the quoted portion. Not child sacrifice, worship of false idols, or anything else. Plain and simple: have a baby, you're a dirty woman. That's what the quoted material says.

Can you grasp that?

In the meanwhile, I'm off to pull material on the behaviors of those who practice goddess worship.

Have fun!

Maybe you'll learn that they like to sing, and dance, and participate in communal sexual experiences.

Maybe you'll find that they have a reverence and respect for all life, all peoples, and all things which exist on Earth.

Maybe you'll find that they don't require genitalia alteration, the murder of first-born sons, or any of the other absolutely horrible things monotheistic God worship requires.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
people keep mistakenly translating the references to the whore of babylon in revelation as a reference to goddess worship. it is not. the whore is a city. more specifically, a religious city. and even more precisely, a religious city which rules the world via various empires down thru history, starting with babylon. goddess worship was not babylon's problem. it's also not the problem of the great whore.

alexander hislop's two babylons, is only partially correct. his contention was that catholicism focuses too much worship on mary. even if that is so, that is not why god is mad at the great whore. might help to read the passages again.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I would give you more than one star if you could.

My daughter Cosmic spirit wanted me to tell you your awesome. I was so impressed with you rebuttal and amused I had her read your post and the exact words of hers were, "oh wow, tell him how awesome he is. "

So, your awesome Wandering Scribe!

Cirque

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

"the tree of knowledge of good and evil"

Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD
Gen 4:25 And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, [said she], hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew.

the sin of adam and eve was that they became "knowers" of each other. procreators. knowledge of good and evil, was sex. the references to their eyes being opened was they suddenly noticed each other's naked bodies. before that they weren't sexual, and therefore not procreating, before the tree of knowledge event. how did they know they were naked? what a great question! before that, it wasn't even a blip on their radar because they weren't sexual. it's so obvious once you realize what it's saying.

by itself, it's not a problem, but add in the necessary survival of the fittest mechanisms that accompany mammalian procreation and you have yourself a recipe for everything that's called a "sin" in the bible and many other philosophical texts.
edit on 30-8-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I will tick off a lot of Christians right now, but I do not believe the crime of Sodom Gomorrah was homosexuality, but a complete debauchery in general and they went after "strange" flesh, that being Angels / Messengers of God not human. There is a massive penalty of refusing to be born flesh and yet partaking of flesh as those Angels who took human women and begat the giants.

I wonder just how much of the bible you are reacting to verses the traditions of men who would use the bible errantly to control others especially women. Paul was a false teacher and cared not for the teachings of Jesus / Yeshua. It is obvious to many his writings are there to trip up those who follow Jesus, but then again, they react to what I have just written rather than think about the fruit of Paul's words.

I do not believe the New Testament is "scripture" as when Jesus spoke of the scriptures. I am not saying they are all wrong, but that some of them have been put there to cause much division and fool the bride of Messiah.
edit on 30-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The subjugation of women comes from the Pharisee Paul. No sooner had Yeshua lifted up women and used them mightily to spread truth than Paul went behind him preaching in his own name a new gospel just as Yeshua warned.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

For those who have a problem with what I am saying check out Paul's gospel vs. Jesus gospel.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

UnifiedSerenity
reply to post by windword

The subjugation of women comes from the Pharisee Paul. No sooner had Yeshua lifted up women and used them mightily to spread truth than Paul went behind him preaching in his own name a new gospel just as Yeshua warned.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

For those who have a problem with what I am saying check out Paul's gospel vs. Jesus gospel.

in my opinion, paul was a man of his time. it was other believers that elevated his writings to the level of the divine. i don't think he was bad per sey, just evidence of their social conditions. sorta like listening to a preacher now would be significantly different than a preacher 200 years ago. social issues drive the direction of commentary as it relates to scripture. and whether anyone is willing to believe it or not, paul was a jewish man turned christian. this did not automatically remove any of the social norms he had come to accept, at least, not automatically, and this is evidenced in the difference between how paul viewed women vs. what jesus said and did, regards women. i agree however, that he was nearly singularly responsible for helping to silence 50% of the body of believers, when he encouraged people to muzzle their women folks.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

here ya go.

www.balaams-ass.com...

That didn't even explain what "lil" means. My link did.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

What does any of that have to do with Enki and Enlil not being God or Satan?

edit on 30-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Wow! This is the first time you've shocked me with your interpretation of scripture. This has absolutely nothing to do with Paul.

Paul never came in his "own name". He did nothing but preach about Jesus. Paul never preached that he was the Messiah, he said that Jesus was. A message that you've obviously misunderstood.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by undo

What does any of that have to do with Enki and Enlil not being God or Satan?

i noticed the author didn't understand the biblical narrative as regards the "knowledge" that enki gave his human creations.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find an accurate and scientifically factual book of Christian prophecy showing how life on earth is going to unfold, change, end or correct itself, do you?

~ Wandering Scribe

You proved my point, you've got nothing.

That's why he's called the "Wandering Scribe". He has no direction.

Seriously though, after all his pontificating, I'm kinda left scratching my head wondering if he realizes that his arguments are based on the pre-deluge and Babel beliefs which are the subject of this thread.

I have no argument for him because he's simply doing it for me, no further work required on my part.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WashMoreFeet

The flood happened before Babel, do you realize that? Read Genesis 8 then Genesis 11.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

God exists outside of creation. Thus He had to project Himself within it to be able to interact with it. Now, you just met Jesus.

No one can look upon God, He simply is. He is indescribable, incomprehensible, He is nothing we have the capability to perceive because we are creations within a creation, thus we are limited to utilizing only the things which are within creation to understand something.

We cannot understand or perceive Him in any other way besides how He has chosen to reveal Himself unto His creation-- His Word. Take it or leave it.

The Bible is more than just a wad of crumbly, disputed collection of ancient texts. It's all we've got as a standard of measure.

Spiritual experiences are relative to the participant. Do you not think that the entities that perpetuate these meditational goddess experiences and enlightenment phenomenon and astral travel crap, all have the ability to manipulate the dopamine and serotonin in our brains to make us believe that what is being experienced is of God? What about the poor wretched souls who are being deceived in their sleep at night in their own beds?? Experiencing delusions of being abducted and being told that they CHOSE to be born as a human to undergo sadistic experimentations and living out the rest of their lives in Stockholm Syndrome?
I don't know what's worse, willfully choosing to worship the Fallen Ones as gods and goddesses or relenting to being their slave because they were told that they chose such a thing before they were even born.

The only way to "test the spirits" as we're instructed in the Bible, is through the knowledge and wisdom that can be wrought from the texts in which God has revealed Himself to us.
God PURPOSELY designed the Biblical texts to be written in such a way that the treasure contained within them would have to be mined by our spirit. God reveals true wisdom to those who seek it according to His holy standard: with a humble, penitent and contrite heart.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The flood happened before Babel, do you realize that? Read Genesis 8 then Genesis 11.

I have no idea where you are reading in ANY of my posts that I reference or insinuate that the deluge happened after Babel.

Deluge means flood, by the way. At this point, I'm not sure if I should assume you know that.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Yes I know that, which is why I said the flood in reference to the deluge. You said that goddess worship has to do with pre-flood and Babel religions, insinuating that Babel came before the flood. I thought you said the flood wiped out goddess worship in your OP? Did the flood not do its job? Did god fail at the task he set out to do?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
in ezekiel 1, ezekiel claims that the being he's looking at, looks like jehovah. how's he know what jehovah looks like if no one had ever seen jehovah

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WashMoreFeet
reply to post by Klassified

Because you knew Truth and chose to walk away from it, doesn't render it any less true. God is still God. The same today, yesterday and tomorrow. It is you who changed, not Him.

so the law of the old testament is still in effect? if your god does not change, then why would he make 617 laws, then discard them?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join