It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

What religion are you talking about? All is one? Never heard of it.

We've always been One, there is no time that it happens because it has been happening for eternity already. We are part of the universe, we are the universe experiencing itself and the universe and life itself is God (God of the living), not some guy in a book.

James 1
27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

This is not Christianity.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I'm bigger than about 99.99% of you.

Do what you must.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Babel Bible....????

No mystery.

Sad when monkey man can outsmart monkey reptilian hybrid thingamajig

edit on 30-8-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
in genesis, the first mention of man, is not man, it's adam. and even though adam was later translated "man" in a general sense, the fact the translators decided to use man in the verse instead of adam, hides the fact that both the male and female were originally called adam. adam is a plural word, as well. not a singular adam, but a whole bunch of adam. and not just male, but also female. in effect, there were female adam, way before there was a mother (eve).

sin is what happened to eve. she became a procreator. it was not a willful act. what was willful was what happened afterwards because procreating includes with it, survival of the fittest behaviors such as greed, murder, lying and so on, for survival.

this also means that the female adam in the opening verse, was also created in the image of god, not the image of adam. it is only when the female adam becomes an eve, a mother, that she is created from the male adam.

verses are very precise. have to treat them that way. it's a logic puzzle that is so highly condensed, that parts are missing
edit on 30-8-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Originally posted by Cuervo
Yeah, I don't recall anybody flying planes into buildings or burning "heretics" in the name of Goddess.

Sewage indeed.

You know quite well that Allah is symbolized in Islam by the old symbols of the goddess Astarte . . .

-FBB

PS
Also as to the Enki story he is identified as the Lord of the Earth while the Bible identifies the Lord of the Earth as the accuser Satan.

It is fairly clear that there is a distinction being made between the God of the Bible who rules in Heaven and the gods of the Earth.

actually, the Lord of the Command is the owner of the Earth. and the Lord of the Command, was Enlil. Now follow me here for a second: Who tried to GIVE jesus the earth? Doesn't belong to Enki, so how could he give it to jesus? It did belong to Enlil, however. Enki's name was also Ea, pronounced A-yah, which is to say, his name is Hayah, and Hayah is jehovah.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
enki-ea did the following:

he created humans

he gave them procreation (this is where enlil gets angry)

he warned the noah figure about the impending flood and told him how to build the ark

he confused the languages at babel.

he instructed the noah figure in how to keep enlil from melting down when he found out some humans had survived. as a result the noah figure builds an altar and sacrifices an animal on it, thereby appeasing mr. enlil, who for some odd reason, needed blood sacrifices.

the description of the accuser is the guy that hates humans and would like to see them wiped off the face of the planet.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find an accurate and scientifically factual book of Christian prophecy showing how life on earth is going to unfold, change, end or correct itself, do you?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

The Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Speak to the people of Israel, saying:

If a woman conceives and bears a male child, she shall be ceremonially unclean seven days; as at the time of her menstruation, she shall be unclean. On the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin shall be circumcised. Her time of blood purification shall be thirty-three days; she shall not touch any holy thing, or come into the sanctuary, until the days of her purification are completed. If she bears a female child, she shall be unclean two weeks, as in her menstruation; her time of blood purification shall be sixty-six days.

When the days of her purification are completed, whether for a son or for a daughter, she shall bring to the priest at the entrance of the tent of meeting a lamb in its first year for a burnt offering, and a pigeon or a turtledove for a sin offering. He shall offer it before the Lord, and make atonement on her behalf; then she shall be clean from her flow of blood. This is the law for her who bears a child, male or female. If she cannot afford a sheep, she shall take two turtledoves or two pigeons, one for a burnt offering and the other for a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement on her behalf, and she shall be clean.

edit on 29-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

The whole purpose of the law of Leviticus is to develop discipline and perseverance of the people of Israel for they were a hard headed bunch and also to deter them from following after the religious practices and traditions of their pagan neighbors, which involved sacrificing babies as burnt offering to their god Molech and also sexual perversions. The law is merely a tool to achieve that objective.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 8eightup

How exactly do you get "don't sacrifice children to Moloch" out of a passage where Yhvh proclaims that women who give birth to children are unclean?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

You wouldn't happen to know where I can find an accurate and scientifically factual book of Christian prophecy showing how life on earth is going to unfold, change, end or correct itself, do you?

~ Wandering Scribe

You proved my point, you've got nothing.

Whether or not you believe in Bible prophecy, isn't going to change the fact that it's filled with it and it's happening right now, just as the Bible describes it.

I wouldn't ignore what the Bible says about Jerusalem continuing to be a burdensome stone for the whole world. You may think it only applies to Biblical times, but I think it's clear why everything that started there will end there too.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

It did belong to Enlil, however. Enki's name was also Ea, pronounced A-yah, which is to say, his name is Hayah, and Hayah is jehovah.

Sorry, but all of these word games that people play don't work when you start mixing different languages, translations, spellings. Using similar spelled names or proununciations are bunk, but I see more and more people trying to pull that card lately. It must be a sign, just like the return of goddess worship. Indeed, the days of the Anti-Christ are coming.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by 8eightup

How exactly do you get "don't sacrifice children to Moloch" out of a passage where Yhvh proclaims that women who give birth to children are unclean?

~ Wandering Scribe

Seriously? What's with the sarcastic reply? Does hearing about the worship of other gods and their rituals make you cringe? Does it put a black eye on those other gods and those who worship them? Does it make you feel the need to defend them by being sarcastic? I can't think of any other reason for your response. It's not like the poster didn't reference sexual perversions too.

The poster merely made a point about the TYPE of behaviors that were going on and why they needed strict laws and instruction. Can you grasp that?

In the meanwhile, I'm off to pull material on the behaviors of those who practice goddess worship.

edit on 30-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

By the way, the scriptures that you quoted from Jeremiah and Ezekiel both were pertaining to the Millennial period to come and how he will change them before it starts. The time when we won't even need to prophesy or consult anyone else, because Jesus will be right here during that 1,000 year reign.

Understood Dee. What I'm saying is, for the church, the spirit of those verses is true today, and don't just pertain to one solitary time frame.

L8r, Klass.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

You're right. They are true today for those who have faith in Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I look forward to the day when Jesus Christ is here during the Millennium, in order for all to "Know the Lord" without having to speculate on it, as outlined in this previous verse that you posted.

Ezekiel 31:34

34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I may be sorry that I posted this link due to the severe nature of what is said back in Hellenistic times about women, but it helps to give us a better understanding of why men felt the way that they did, whether we agree with it or not.

There's a common theme running throughout goddess worship...

"Goddess Worship and Women Priests"

It is with this centuries-long Hebrew-Jewish hostility toward Goddess worship, the women priests associated with it (especially as it often included ”sacred sex" between at least a king or leader or perhaps other devotees and a woman priest - qadesh), and the greater freedom for women accompanying it, that the first Christians (the Apostles, Paul, etc.) entered the Hellenistic world with the Christian gospel.

In that Hellenistic world these Jewish Christians faced the worship of the Goddess in strong resurgence, from the worship of the Phrygian Mater Magna or Kybele throughout Asia Minor and even in Rome, to the cult of Isis and her veneration under many other names—Demeter, Athena, Venus, Ceres, Ma Bellona, etc. Thc worship of Mater Magna or Kybele in Asia Minor was not only extremely influential, but also often included ecstatic passion, self-mutilation, even self-castration by male devotees so as to attain complete identity with the Goddess.

www.womenpriests.org...

Interestingly, this lengthy commentary says that the worship of "Isis" didn't promote sexual excesses like the other goddesses, but it doesn't go into any more detail, so I'll see what I can find on that.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I think you got some nerve asking for examples of prophecies of the goddess cults, when your religion condemns any and all forms of "witchraft" female intuition, herbal alchemy, divination, and communing with angels. The Hebrews, and later the Catholic church set out destroy their writings and their priestesses post haste.

"Suffer not a witch to live."

But there are/were many.

If you are interested in learning of prophecies and teachings of the goddess cults a good place to start is reading:

The White Goddess, by Robert Graves

The Golden Bough: A Study of Magic and Religion by James George Frazer

Or you might read up on Sibyl

The Female Druid

And then, of course, there's the Three Secrets of Fátima

edit on 30-8-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

The Golden Bough:
A good book on religion and magic. It's a lot to take in, but worth the read.

edit on 8/30/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Yeah, I don't recall anybody flying planes into buildings or burning "heretics" in the name of Goddess.

Sewage indeed.

You know quite well that Allah is symbolized in Islam by the old symbols of the goddess Astarte . . .

-FBB

Let me guess... you are using the crescent moon as an example? The crescent moon that never represented Astarte nor Allah?

It was used for Nana and Sin and then used for the Ottoman empire. It has no religious meaning in Islam other than geographic. It's more nationalistic than "holy". Sort of like how many Christians like to assume the American flag stands for Christianity.

The crescent moon is a secular symbol that was never used by Muhammad. In fact, they weren't even allowed to use symbols for a very long time.

PS
Also as to the Enki story he is identified as the Lord of the Earth while the Bible identifies the Lord of the Earth as the accuser Satan.

It is fairly clear that there is a distinction being made between the God of the Bible who rules in Heaven and the gods of the Earth.

All you did is clarify that the writers of the bible not only borrowed the story from older religions but that they then demonized the older religions afterwards.

"Accuser Satan"... ironic.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by undo

It did belong to Enlil, however. Enki's name was also Ea, pronounced A-yah, which is to say, his name is Hayah, and Hayah is jehovah.

Sorry, but all of these word games that people play don't work when you start mixing different languages, translations, spellings. Using similar spelled names or proununciations are bunk, but I see more and more people trying to pull that card lately. It must be a sign, just like the return of goddess worship. Indeed, the days of the Anti-Christ are coming.

words are very important. etymology is a sincere biblical tool. for example, the akkadian named enmerkar, is without a doubt, biblical nimrod. the etymology is clear.

personally, i think jesus was enki. it fits his interactions with humans, to a T.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

personally, i think jesus was enki. it fits his interactions with humans, to a T.

I'd love to see you expound on that sometime, undo. That would be an interesting read.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join