It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goddess Worship And The Babel Religions

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Honestly, the only reason you assume it was worse back then is because you can't cope with the fact that god allows the things that happen today to happen without intervening to stop it.

I don't know about you, but I don't see people in my town killing each other or fearing the people in the next town over from killing us and taking our homes and belongings. Also, I'm not aware of any prostitution rings taking place in any of the churches or temples either.

The Catholic church and a $660 million dollar settlement, what, five years or so ago? You're kidding me, right?

You believe completely in this text, and you aren't aware of the warnings that at a particular time, the church itself, will be the seat of Satan and corruption, infiltrated completelyl and devestatingly?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

See, this is where the judgement factor comes in. You don't really know me, nor my life, nor do I know you or yours. We are just commenting sort of blindly on this website. And so it is very easy for you to make assumptions and me, as well.

If we both recognize that fact, why are you so easily offended? I'm not here to judge you. I'm only answering questions and making comments based on my beliefs and what's written in the Bible in the clearest possible way that I know how.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

So where has he been? It's worse today than ever before, yet he is nowhere to be found and has been absent for over 2,000 years. If corruption sprouts up every time after he intervenes, what makes you think it will be any different in heaven once Jesus intervenes with his second coming?

He allowed Rome to conquer and pillage and grow for a thousand years and become the largest empire in history all while worshiping pagan gods, yet soon after they legalized Christianity and began to worship him, their empire fell. Doesn't that seem strange to you?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

That's the problem, you don't see it happening to you so you assume it doesn't happen at all. That's ignorance if I've ever seen it. Prostitution, killing, and robbery happen every second of everyday in every city and town in the world, yet because it doesn't happen in YOUR town, it doesn't exist.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

This is unnecessary, in my estimation. Windword gave you a very good example of what's up, and so did I, right before that post. A foundation, if you will, about how women are viewed and their "place" in religion, all of them being particularly fraternal in nature.

See, I've never had a problem with that. I've never had anyone look down on what I've had to say in the church or anywhere else, so I guess I can't relate. Personally, I don't have any desire for a position in the church, because I think it would be one of the most frustrating jobs in the world. There are so many different ways that women can preach and teach, I just don't see why a position in a church is so important to some.

Now, did you read my post about the Tower of Babel perhaps also being representative of our division, not just by race, religion, language, but by gender, as well, for this is an excellent example of that. There is more to life than one Word, and even faith.....my friend....

Yes, the Tower of Babel is representative of ALL division (including faith), but I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make with it. By the way, what faith are you?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

See, this is where the judgement factor comes in. You don't really know me, nor my life, nor do I know you or yours. We are just commenting sort of blindly on this website. And so it is very easy for you to make assumptions and me, as well.

If we both recognize that fact, why are you so easily offended? I'm not here to judge you. I'm only answering questions and making comments based on my beliefs and what's written in the Bible in the clearest possible way that I know how.

Then stop throwing those verses at me. I can throw them at you, too. I choose not to. I'm doing the same. But the thread is about the where, why, and how about the Tower of Babel. This is essential, IMO, to understanding where we are today, for it how we are divided and concquered as Christians and human beings.

And I, too, am expressing myself in the only way I know how. Sorry, if you see it that I am simply easily offended. See my posts, please, about women and religion.....This is also about goddess worship, and that is clearly about women, and their place in the belief structure of all religions.....

Mostly, they don't have any. More's the pity, in my opinion, and some of how we got to the sad state of affairs that I described about the infiltration of the Church.......

I mean you no offense, Deetermined.
Truly,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's worse today than ever before, yet he is nowhere to be found and has been absent for over 2,000 years.

You tell me. When you compare it to eternity, what's 2,000 years? In the meanwhile, Jesus is right here in the unseen (known as the Holy Spirit) until such time that he decides to reveal himself in the "seen" again.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

What's 70 or 80 years compared to eternity? Nothing at all. So why does your god judge people for eternity based off of a few years on Earth? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

And I agree, "Jesus" has always been here and always will be. He's not some sky-daddy, he's inside of everyone, even evil people, though they suppress and fight against him.
edit on 29-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

This is unnecessary, in my estimation. Windword gave you a very good example of what's up, and so did I, right before that post. A foundation, if you will, about how women are viewed and their "place" in religion, all of them being particularly fraternal in nature.

See, I've never had a problem with that. I've never had anyone look down on what I've had to say in the church or anywhere else, so I guess I can't relate. Personally, I don't have any desire for a position in the church, because I think it would be one of the most frustrating jobs in the world. There are so many different ways that women can preach and teach, I just don't see why a position in a church is so important to some.

Now, did you read my post about the Tower of Babel perhaps also being representative of our division, not just by race, religion, language, but by gender, as well, for this is an excellent example of that. There is more to life than one Word, and even faith.....my friend....

Yes, the Tower of Babel is representative of ALL division (including faith), but I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make with it. By the way, what faith are you?

I do not name my faith with an organized religion, for reasons I have stated here, in part. I have to get some sleep, so I hope you will read some of what I wrote that may have passed you by, or just think about it for a while.

I would wish no position in a church, either, make no mistake. That's not the point. The point is about the division you just alluded to through the Tower of Babel, and Goddess worship, which is what the thread is about.
When I started reading it, it was all about how Goddess worship lead to this or that. Where has this "organized religion," no matter which one, all of which largely exclude women in their hierarchy, led us to now? This is my point. Goddess or not, women, and the fact they experience menses, are how we are all even here to debate whatever point. and that is the whole point, really, i am making…..

Once I saw someone respond that was how prostitution entered the temple, I couldn't help but be offended. I am a woman, and a mother. If I were not here to give birth, to travail through that, as other women, NO ONE could debate that point or not.

It is the madonna/whore complex at its worst, IMHO. And meanwhile, the church, any one, pick one, is seriously at risk of alienating more than encompassing....... There is something fundamentally wrong with that. And it has nothing to do with my ever wanting a position in that hierarchy. I am not so arrogant, and would want nothing to do with that. My faith does not ascribe to any particular dogma, enough, to do that anyhow. But it does not mean I have a lack of faith.
Sincerely,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

It will be different in Heaven because the Bible says so. The Bible also tells us that seven kingdoms/empires will fall before he returns.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

What's 70 or 80 years compared to eternity? Nothing at all. So why does your god judge people for eternity based off of a few years on Earth? Doesn't seem very fair to me.

I have a feeling that more will be revealed about this, I just don't know when or how. It may even be on our deathbed. I don't have God's mind or eyes to know how or why he's chosen to set the rules the way that he has (based on our understanding of it anyway), but as someone on ATS pointed out in another thread I once read, somewhere between the ages of 20 - 30 we're held accountable for our thoughts and actions and our ability to understand and reason what it is that we're supposed to already know. Lucky for us, the average lifespan doesn't end before then.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

The bible is right because the bible says so. Gotcha, good answer.

There have been way more than 7 empires and kingdoms throughout history that have fallen, WAY more. I'm sure bible purists can pick and choose which ones they want, but the fact still remains, there have been many more than 7 that have fallen already.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Yeah, I don't recall anybody flying planes into buildings or burning "heretics" in the name of Goddess.

Sewage indeed.

You know quite well that Allah is symbolized in Islam by the old symbols of the goddess Astarte . . .

-FBB

PS
Also as to the Enki story he is identified as the Lord of the Earth while the Bible identifies the Lord of the Earth as the accuser Satan.

It is fairly clear that there is a distinction being made between the God of the Bible who rules in Heaven and the gods of the Earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

On the deathbed eh? Pretty convenient if you ask me. Right when no one can talk to you anymore. It's a mystery alright, a worthless mystery.

1 Enoch
3 "You have been in heaven, but all the mysteries had not yet been revealed to you, and you knew worthless ones, and these in the hardness of your hearts you have made known to the women, and through these mysteries women and men work much evil on earth." 4 Say to them therefore: "You have no peace."'

"God works in mysterious ways" is a worthless mystery and it is the reason we have no peace.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

. There are so many different ways that women can preach and teach, I just don't see why a position in a church is so important to some.

1) But they were grieved. They wept greatly, saying, How shall we go to the Gentiles and preach the gospel of the Kingdom of the Son of Man? If they did not spare Him, how will they spare us?

2) Then Mary stood up, greeted them all, and said to her brethren, Do not weep and do not grieve nor be irresolute, for His grace will be entirely with you and will protect you.

3) But rather, let us praise His greatness, for He has prepared us and made us into Men.

4) When Mary said this, she turned their hearts to the Good, and they began to discuss the words of the Savior.

5) Peter said to Mary, Sister we know that the Savior loved you more than the rest of woman.

6) Tell us the words of the Savior which you remember which you know, but we do not, nor have we heard them.

7) Mary answered and said, What is hidden from you I will proclaim to you.

8) And she began to speak to them these words: I, she said, I saw the Lord in a vision and I said to Him, Lord I saw you today in a vision. He answered and said to me,

9) Blessed are you that you did not waver at the sight of Me. For where the mind is there is the treasure.

1) When Mary had said this, she fell silent, since it was to this point that the Savior had spoken with her.

2) But Andrew answered and said to the brethren, Say what you wish to say about what she has said. I at least do not believe that the Savior said this. For certainly these teachings are strange ideas.

3) Peter answered and spoke concerning these same things.

4) He questioned them about the Savior: Did He really speak privately with a woman and not openly to us? Are we to turn about and all listen to her? Did He prefer her to us?

5) Then Mary wept and said to Peter, My brother Peter, what do you think? Do you think that I have thought this up myself in my heart, or that I am lying about the Savior?

6) Levi answered and said to Peter, Peter you have always been hot tempered.

7) Now I see you contending against the woman like the adversaries.

8) But if the Savior made her worthy, who are you indeed to reject her? Surely the Savior knows her very well.

The Gospel According to Mary Magdalene

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

When I started reading it, it was all about how Goddess worship lead to this or that. Where has this "organized religion," no matter which one, all of which largely exclude women in their hierarchy, led us to now? This is my point. Goddess or not, women, and the fact they experience menses, are how we are all even here to debate whatever point. and that is the whole point, really, i am making….

I can only tell you what I know about the Bible's past history of gods, which included plenty of Ashtoreth and Ishtar worship. King Soloman was indeed led astray by his wives and prostitution did take place in the temple that was originally built for God, and much of that was due to the women leading the men into the temples to do it. The Ephesians had problems with competing female deities too. The fact that most of the goddesses represented fertility, a lot of people used it as a free license to perform sexual acts that they weren't supposed to be participating in. I'll look up some more on this tomorrow and get back to you.

Once I saw someone respond that was how prostitution entered the temple, I couldn't help but be offended. I am a woman, and a mother. If I were not here to give birth, to travail through that, as other women, NO ONE could debate that point or not.

You should be offended about prostitution in temples, but it happened, and it didn't happen when the people were following the one true God of the Bible and were refraining from sinning. If you have some sacred texts about goddesses, or even better, some historical texts that talk about how people worshiped these goddesses, that would be a good start to make a comparison. I'll try to do the same.

edit on 29-8-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bible is right because the bible says so. Gotcha, good answer.

There have been way more than 7 empires and kingdoms throughout history that have fallen, WAY more. I'm sure bible purists can pick and choose which ones they want, but the fact still remains, there have been many more than 7 that have fallen already.

Here are the ones the Bible tells us about based on the description of Daniel's vision from Old Testament prophecy and a repeat of it again in Revelation.

1. Fallen = Assyria

2. Fallen = Babylon

3. Fallen = Media

4. Fallen = Persia

5. Fallen = Greece

6. One is = Rome

7. Yet to come = ?

www.lastdaysmystery.info...

Full explanations are included in the link.

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

"God works in mysterious ways" is a worthless mystery and it is the reason we have no peace.

Peace isn't meant to come just yet.

In the meanwhile, do you see the "we are all ONE" religion working to bring peace?

What does the God is One religion say? How and when do we all become one? Does it happen over a period of eternity? All at once? Any answers?

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Like I said, bible purists will pick and choose which ones, but there have been way more than just seven. I guess god didn't take into account all the eastern empires? I guess not, they must have been out of his range.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
HPV also known as Hoochie Poosa Virus freed me.

I couldn't care less if any woman likes me for another 10,000 years.

edit on 30-8-2013 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join