It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
EL without a prefix is just a HE, it's clear that it comes from the Phonician EL or from other parts where EL is present as in a masculine.

THERE IS NO LATIN WORD 'EL'. Got it? It does not exist except in your head.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

THERE IS NO LATIN WORD 'EL'. Got it? It does not exist except in your head.

There is no Latin word EL ? How can it not be if it has a surffix, if there is a surffix then there is a root word EL.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

There is no Latin word EL ? How can it not be if it has a surffix, if there is a surffix then there is a root word EL.

Show it to me in a Latin dictionary. Find the word 'el' and get everyone its definition. A suffix can not have a prefix and a suffix otherwise it would not be a suffix it would be a word. No one can be that dense.

edit on 17-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Well I don't have to, I proved it has a surffix, if it has one it has a root word.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"EL without a prefix is just a HE, it's clear that it comes from the Phonician EL or from other parts where EL is present as in a masculine. The name "HE"-BREW talks about just this.

El means him, he also in spanish, romanian, french and I bet a lot of other ancient languages."

Whiskey tango foxtrot ! How many times can you contradict yourself without even knowing how foolish you look? Please try to stick to one consistent answer.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Well I don't have to..

Because it does not exist except in your head. Keep this in mind next time you post before thinking.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Yes you do. If you want any credibility , the burden of proof is your responsibility.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The word has a surffix, there are other langueges stating the same EL=HIM. Latin based and ancient like Phonician.
You may hold your opinion.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The word has a surffix...

A suffix can not have a suffix.

...there are other langueges stating the same EL=HIM. Latin based and ancient like Phonician.

No one cares about them. You said Latin.

You may hold your opinion.

My 'opinion' is fact. If it were not we would have seen you here with a Latin dictionary definition of the alleged word 'el'.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

?
Are you trying to say Phoenician ? If not, what then? Please explain because you try to be literal but are all over the the place. You want to parse words and then are evasive when proven incorrect. Please be clear with your claims at least !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

"A suffix can not have a suffix. " That says it all.....Can that be contradicted? Can that be argued?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

It is clear where the EL comes from from "HE"-brew and phoncian EL maybe more down I don't know. It's a masculine form, this can be seen as well as in other Latin based langueges.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

"A suffix can not have a suffix. " That says it all.....Can that be contradicted? Can that be argued?
Can you explain why , in your world, a suffix has a suffix? I've never seen such a thing, whether in Latin or any other language living or dead. How can this be? And are you referring to Phoenician, going back 5 minutes ago to a post that you can't answer?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

There's your problem, to quote your own words "I don't know". Yes you said it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Can you explain why , in your world, a suffix has a suffix? I've never seen such a thing, whether in Latin or any other language living or dead. How can this be? And are you referring to Phoenician, going back 5 minutes ago to a post that you can't answer?

The word EL has a surffix + LUS, it's simple the word comes from the phonician EL masculine, as I stated with the HE-BREW, HE meaning HIM. The word can be found as a he in other latin based langueges. In other langueges from south america EL also means him.

Romanian, french, spanish = El means him
South america El=him.

Probaly a older form of old latin, if EL is followed by a surffix then the word could of been naked.
This is explained in latin where most of the feminine things end in an "A"
For haps you have herd of the notion of "EL Comandante" Cuban.

All this of course with more ancient cultures like Arabic, Phonician, Hebrew where EL means HIM as in masculine, the god.
edit on 17-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It is clear...I don't know.

That is how your response should have appeared.

It's a masculine form, this can be seen as well as in other Latin based langueges.

For a guy who claims to understand Latin you obviously do not understand Latin. There is no word 'el' that denotes masculinty because these same letters are used in the feminine, nueter, dative, accusative, etc forms of the same word. Either it means what you say or you just made things up again. Which is it?

Your intellectual dishonesty far outweighs your ability to admit fault. Instead of admitting to error you have now attempted to create a new word to support your obscenely and grossly incorrect statement. How childish.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

What dishonesty ? the name EL-LUS means HIM, HE ?
Anyone who speaks Latin when hearing EL will know what it is.

reply to post by scooterstrats

Don't know when it got modified, it's what I have said, as in the timing when they added the surffix, if the word has a surffix then EL is the root word, and the surffix is an addition.

Other languages.

Galician

mylanguages.org...
In English personal pronouns are (I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they), and (me, you, him, her, it, us, you, them), In Galician, the personal pronouns are:

Eu… (I), ti… (you), el… (he), ela… (she),

conlang.wikia.com...
Iermánsc is a Romance language that developed in an alternate timeline in which the Romans conquered the area we know as southern Germany in the first century A.D. The subsequent Romanized German culture lasted long after the breakdown of the Empire several centuries later.

el "he" /ɛl/
ela "her" /ɛlǝ/

Now for Latin roots.
www.orbilat.com...
Personal & Reflexive Pronouns (Pronomi Personali e Riflesivi)

el he

We can see that LA=SHE as a termination from EL, ELA or ELLA.

la she

What is pronus

grammar.ccc.commnet.edu...
Generally (but not always) pronouns stand for (pro + noun) or refer to a noun, an individual or individuals or thing or things (the pronoun's antecedent) whose identity is made clear earlier in the text.

Our surffix and our root word, this showing clear that el=him, he, this deals with the begining of the word the root.

edit on 18-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What dishonesty ? the name EL-LUS means HIM, HE ?

No it does not. If that were the case then and using your logic what would '-ellum' mean?

Anyone who speaks Latin when hearing EL will know what it is.

You continue to delude yourself. Stop making things up.

Edit to add: Considering there really are no third person pronouns in Latin I do not see how you can claim to understand Latin. The closet thing in Latin to a third person pronoun meaning 'him' would be 'ille' (illa/illud meaning she/it).

Again, stop making things up.

edit on 18-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You just have been provided the information, look above to my post EL=HE
I'm not making it up, it;'s there, if you refuse it then fine.

No it does not. If that were the case then and using your logic what would '-ellum' mean?

You should check Venetian it's not Ellum it's EL and LU, they can be united but are apart as in HE.
This probaly makes refrence to LU=aslo he. From Lu you get light, as in lumina, lumination also masculin.

So ellum is nothing but el and lu, in separate entities they mean HE, HIM
Bolth EL and LU means the same thing.

edit on 18-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You just have been provided the information, look above to my post EL=HE
I'm not making it up, it;'s there, if you refuse it then fine.

You do not even know how to read your own sources. It contradicts what you say and reaffirms what I just told you. 'Ille' is the closest word in Latin for 'him'.

From your own source. Learn how to read.

ille il él ele

You should check Venetian it's not Ellum it's EL and LU, they can be united but are apart as in HE.
This probaly makes refrence to LU=aslo he. From Lu you get light, as in lumina, lumination also masculin.

No one cares about Venetian, you said Latin. Stop making things up, it is childish.

So ellum is nothing but el and lu, in separate entities they mean HE, HIM
Bolth EL and LU means the same thing.

'El' is not a word in Latin. You have yet to provide a source to refute this. As a matter of fact, the source you linked verifies that there is not Latin word 'el'. And considering '-ellum' is the nueter of the word and implies NO GENDER how can it have 'he' in there?

If you spoke/read/understood Latin you would not have wasted everyone's time with trying to invent a word that does not exist.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join