It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

baphomet

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Latin and Latin-based are not the same thing. There is no word 'el' in Latin the describes a male. Latin nouns and adjectives use declension to signify gender. Anyone who can speak/read/understand Latin knows this.

Yes it does mean the same, because they are Latin based

When it comes to you arguing Latin with me I am always right. Points like this only further reinforce the issue.

You know I don't agree with you on the rest so you may just leave it.
You may check the word ADVERSION, it's in english meaning to turn, descending from adverse.
In Latin it means to turn, Vertere= english version. We all know that.

AD-verse
Ad-version.
Ad-verted.
This all are words.

There is
In-verse
In-verted
In-version.

verse=verted=version.

What matters is adversion, proves my point, not that the whole thing does not.
edit on 17-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Yes it does mean the same, because they are Latin based.

Latin and Latin-based are not the same. There is no word 'el' in Latin to indicate a male. What more do you need to penetrate your skull?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Yes it does mean the same, because they are Latin based.

Latin and Latin-based are not the same. There is no word 'el' in Latin to indicate a male. What more do you need to penetrate your skull?

Latin based means just that, that it's based on Latin. You don't know what a base is ? from based.
It means it's foundation is in Latin, and other "additions" at the top that may not be Latin.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

No, there was more that you didnt quote. Read the post, there was more, you omitted it. Disingenuous in the very least (look that word up too). Your "opinion" or personal delusion is that what you omitted was "crap".. Others here have opinions, but notice that nobody has concurred with you.Everyone here sees through you . in my opinion.

Seek professional help.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Latin based means just that, that it's based on Latin. You don't know what a base is ? from based.
It means it's foundation is in Latin, and other "additions" at the top that may not be Latin.

I know what it means and they are two different things which you obviously can not distinguish as evidence by your first post. Latin-based is not Latin. There is no word 'el' in Latin to indicate a male.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

This is your whole post.

Please try to relate to commonly accepted norms of communication and sanity. Where does "arhological " appear in any reasonable researchers dictionary? Can you even answer that?
I made a point that you were incapable of comprehending let alone addressing cogently. You see, making up words as well as nonsense and then defending it with even more bizarre and inarticulate responses only confirms suspicions of mental instability.

It has to do with my English I presume. No friend I'm not the sick one, if you call people sick just because they misspell words then you have a big problem. Nothing of what is contained in your post makes any connection to our debating here of the subject. "Mental has nothing to do with what we are debating."

As for words what am I making up ?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

It's why I added that it may be different according to other languages.. because I was talking about Latin based languages, not classical Latin.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

It's why I added that it may be different according to other languages..

You only added it after I pointed out that it is not in Latin. Stop making things up.

Your initial comment was:

El in Latin would usualy mean him...

After I said:

Latin and Latin-based are not the same thing. There is no word 'el' in Latin the describes a male. Latin nouns and adjectives use declension to signify gender. Anyone who can speak/read/understand Latin knows this.

You then said:

Yes it does not, in Latin based...

Follow?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

What did you make up????? arhological - is that from your carefully studied Latin ? You didn't use that multiple times whilst trying to sound intelligent ? Misspelling multiple times? Yikes....

The word "sick"... did I say that? If so, please quote it, should be easy if I used that word ! Don't invent things that others didn't say, that's lying and disingenuous (again, please, look it up).
Mental issues? Well as you have said many times here, "my opinion".

link   
reply to post by pepsi78

What did you make up????? arhological - is that from your carefully studied Latin ? You didn't use that multiple times whilst trying to sound intelligent ? Misspelling multiple times? Yikes....

The word "sick"... did I say that? If so, please quote it, should be easy if I used that word ! Don't invent things that others didn't say, that's lying and disingenuous (again, please, look it up).
Mental issues? Well as you have said many times here, "my opinion".

link   
en.wiktionary.org...
There is
-ellus that is later EL.

As in : * (Classical) IPA: /ˈ-el.lus/

This being an extention.

Alternative form of -lus.

I stated my opinion without looking in the dictionary.

Of course anyone who can understand latin without looking into the dictionary would understand it, that EL is EL-LUS.

I would say keep that dictionary close or you will get lost.
What I have said did not include a dictionary, it was my opinion without a book in front of me.

EL=HIM for YAhweh.

Just look at that chart I got everything, even Ella, no looking. Keep that book in your hand, you can't do anything without it, you don't understand Latin, you do not have a felling for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

Want to debate me on something else, go ahead, want to steam off that is your problem.
It seems it is you who has problems.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Dp removed

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

Very nice. Convenient for you to avoid your erratic logic ! Evading direct questions is a sure sign of less than intellectually honest behavior. Are you capable of justifying both your make-believe words and then evading and/or non answering direct posits?
Empirical data to this point indicates negative As well as RE logic and cogent thought. Yes, it is also my opinion, with empirical data (look it up) to prove the theory as seen in this thread . As you said in an earlier post, keep a dictionary handy, but obviously you have no access to one.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

What is a felling? Is that also in your dictionary that you don't use by self-admission?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Very nice. Convenient for you to avoid your erratic logic ! Evading direct questions is a sure sign of less than intellectually honest behavior. Are you capable of justifying both your make-believe words and then evading and/or non answering direct posits?

What make believe words ? Are your talking about some English words that I have spelled wrong, it happens, it's not a tragedy, if you are talking about something else let me know. I do not make words up.

Empirical data to this point indicates negative As well as RE logic and cogent thought. Yes, it is also my opinion, with empirical data (look it up) to prove the theory as seen in this thread . As you said in an earlier post, keep a dictionary handy, but obviously you have no access to one.

I was right in the early post, and what are you talking about a dictionary, I got the whole internet as a dictionary.
Expressing my self without one is another story. You are off topic anyway, want to debate me on subject go ahead, I have a feeling you do not have any expiriance at all, not that I want to judge you.
What I don't understand is what are you doing posting off topic, picking on people's English when they spell a word wrong, is this your way of participating in a thread ? or is it flaming because you have been debunked.

I'll take a look at what you first posted.

It was this.

"...an full open minded will asimilate anything, even if it's not the truth." Wow, quite a telling phrase. Opinions are one matter. Illogical, fragmented and sometimes frighteningly poor grammatical responses that do not address the issue in question don't assuage reader's suspicions regarding the commonly acknowledged normal mental state and sanity of some posters. Mental imbalance takes all forms folks.

I have answered in the nicest possible way, go and look back, you are the one with the problems, not me.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

en.wiktionary.org...

As in : * (Classical) IPA: /ˈ-el.lus/

This being an extention.

Alternative form of -lus.

I stated my opinion without looking in the dictionary.

Which is mistake number one.

Of course anyone who can understand latin without looking into the dictionary would understand it, that EL is EL-LUS.

Mistake number two is to continue to pretend that 'el' is a Latin word meaning 'him' and that 'el' and the suffix '-ellus' are the same thing. There is no such word.

I would say keep that dictionary close or you will get lost.
What I have said did not include a dictionary, it was my opinion without a book in front of me.

EL=HIM for YAhweh.

Just look at that chart I got everything, even Ella, no looking. Keep that book in your hand, you can't do anything without it, you don't understand Latin, you do not have a felling for it.

You are truly deluded. You have displayed time and again a total lack on knowledge on the subject. You can never admit when you make a mistake. All you need to have said is, "I was wrong, there is no Latin word 'el' that means 'him', I should have said Latin-based instead'. Now you have to invent an entirely fictitious arguement to support your initial mistake. All this shows is compulsive prevarication on your part.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Which is mistake number one.

But I came very very good, EL= from EL and a surfix LUS.

Mistake number two is to continue to pretend that 'el' is a Latin word meaning 'him' and that 'el' and the suffix '-ellus' are the same thing. There is no such word.

It's the same thing, EL+LUS

You are truly deluded. You have displayed time and again a total lack on knowledge on the subject. You can never admit when you make a mistake. All you need to have said is, "I was wrong, there is no Latin word 'el' that means 'him', I should have said Latin-based instead'. Now you have to invent an entirely fictitious arguement to support your initial mistake. All this shows is compulsive prevarication on your part.

It's not fiction, the word exist EL+LUS. As I have a Latin based Languege very veryt close to Classical Latin I just stated my opinion.

Now go check out Adversion =to turn , a turning (vertere in latin) from adverse

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

It's not fiction, the word exist EL+LUS.

Answer this simple yes or no question; is there a Latin word called 'el' that means 'him'?

edit on 17-7-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

It's not fiction, the word exist EL+LUS.

Answer this simple yes or no question; is there a Latin word called 'el' that means 'him'?

Yes EL+LUS.

If it's the sufrix what is the root word ?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join