It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Browser: FF 23.0.1

Using the web developer tools, I see a LOT of CSS errors on the home page.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Not sure how to label this one . . .

I loaded a thread to look at from the list of RECENT . . .

Ads were briefly visible in the right column . . . maybe 5 seconds or so before the system caught up with my status as having earned ad free.

It wasn't a huge thing but it might indicate something worth attention.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Actually, after I posted that last post, I saw that the ads were back in that column and stayed there.

NOT my preference.

Those of us who've earned the ad free status . . . imho, that was stated as a forever thing as long as we were on ATS thereafter. Guess I still expect ATS to do it's part on that score.

Anyway--there you have it on that issue.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Other then my Background image needing to be re-sized (my fault) I see nothing wrong with ATS 5.3. I am sure there will be bugs to work out, but honestly I cant find anything wrong with it.

Questions....

Will we still be able to post messages in our personal profile areas?

Will this be running the in the next couple of months?

Thanks in advance.

edit on 20-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: typos, sorry

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Krakatoa
Using the web developer tools, I see a LOT of CSS errors on the home page.

It will do that because of a lot of the browser/rendering-engine specific declarations. The strict interpretation that developer tools relies upon doesn't like "background: -moz-liner-...", yet is perfectly fine for some versions of FireFox.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Because I'm still testing ad placement, the code that notices who sees less ads than others is not turned on yet.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

ShadellacZumbrum
IE 9 Page to big

If you resize your browser window, and make it smaller, the site will "snap" and everything will resize/realign to the old site width (1024 pixels).

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

OK, I didn't look too closely at the actual errors, but thought I'd pass it along as it was my first page I accessed. I'm perusing more now....and so far so good, with the exception of the goofy new emoticons.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord
reply to post by BO XIAN

Because I'm still testing ad placement, the code that notices who sees less ads than others is not turned on yet.

No sweat.

Just mentioning stuff I'd want mentioned in your shoes . . . without realizing the stuff not turned on yet.

Cheers for the great progress.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I couldn't get anything to work on that site, I am using windows 2000, I like that operating system, if it doesn't work I guess I will have to get a newer computer.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
It works, just giant and bright everything.
edit on 21-8-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Css
.btnCon in ats_light.css
has an margin error
i guess you wanted to push from the top yet you did from right

it shows badly on bottom tool bar ( reply to post etc.) buttons look wierd w/o that margin

other than that i did not notice any buggers

saw at edit page : "edit" and "preview" buttons touch previev iframe - margin again?

edit on 21/8/2013 by reassor because: saw at edit page : "edit" and "preview" buttons touch previev iframe - margin again?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

VERY OFF TOPIC . . . however . . . the psychologist part of me is very curious. . . .

1. Who took that pic of your avatar?
2. What were you thinking at that moment?
3. How long before you smiled at the person?
4. Do you get more of what you want from your ostensibly mean persona or from your warm teddy bear persona? There is a latter in there, right?

Not really expecting an answer but I had to ask. LOL.

OK, I'll scurry back to the topic at hand.

. . . In terms of the new emoticons . . . I think their simplified and larger size makes them much more quickly discernible and quickly to register on our consciousness as to what they mean. I'm all for that.

In our era, complexity is massive and convoluted far too often . . . as well as detailed in minute ways.

So it's nice to have some minimal relief from that. I think your overhaul achieves that well. THX THX.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I really dig it, SO - Nice work! The light version was a bit bright straight up, but I might switch between, depending on my mood - when I look at ATS on my s4 before bed, I like to keep it dark

But it's looking great on my MacBook Pro 13" - I'll check it out on the 27" later on (three year old is hogging it watching the wiggles)

I like the new flags and stars look too

- Edit to add - I like that the threads you've flagged show up highlighted green in the recent topics list!
edit on 21/8/2013 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

VERY OFF TOPIC . . . however . . . the psychologist part of me is very curious. . . .

1. Who took that pic of your avatar?
2. What were you thinking at that moment?
3. How long before you smiled at the person?
4. Do you get more of what you want from your ostensibly mean persona or from your warm teddy bear persona? There is a latter in there, right?

It's Brian Cranston's character from "Breaking Bad".

link   
Testing mobile avatars right now.

The account settings has a new option for mobile avatars, which must be from your image uploads -- the full URL (http://files.abovetopsecret...) of your uploaded image.

It should be 150x150 pixels.

If it doesn't exist, and you have a default avatar, it will display that one at a maximum of 150x150.

We'll have an option for mobile users to turn off avatars.

link   

rickymouse
I couldn't get anything to work on that site, I am using windows 2000, I like that operating system, if it doesn't work I guess I will have to get a newer computer.

LOL.

I thought the NWO oligarchy had hauled Win 2000 users off to the gulag and extermination camps long ago.

/joke

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

BO XIAN

Not sure how to label this one . . .

I loaded a thread to look at from the list of RECENT . . .

Ads were briefly visible in the right column . . . maybe 5 seconds or so before the system caught up with my status as having earned ad free.

It wasn't a huge thing but it might indicate something worth attention.

At what point in membership does one get to become ad free? Because that would be awesome!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

reassor
Css

The CSS is all hand-crafted, no tools such as SSaS or LeSS were used. So there will be some issues here and there.

I initially tried for a full percentage-based layout, but it was just impossible with the complex structure of threads and other pages ATS members are used to.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Had me fooled! LOL.

I'm not up on the media, movie, TV stuff. Threw the TV out years ago. LOL.

However, one ASSumes that there's some attractiveness to the avatars folks choose for themselves. LOL.

I started a thread once on that topic. Might be worth revisiting. Was going to take 5 or so threads at random from the RECENT list and categorize, and count the types of avatars. But I needed some other raters and never came up with a suitable crew nor the motivation to follow the task through. LOL.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join