It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

SecretKnowledge
wtf is it with americans and guns????????
i was showing my girlfriend the (horrible) new smiley's and the first thing she said was "why is there one with a gun?" i had no answer for her

why is there a smiley with a gun?

you spelt "favorite" wrong - favourite

other than that, all good. but why is there a smiley with a gun?

Why not have one? I have see many people post one even though it wasn't part of the original smiley's on here. Almost every forum I'm on has a smiley with a machine gun. It's a friggin smiley! There are smiley's that breathe fire, smiley's that puke, smiley's that hang on stripper poles, smiley's that explode. You can have a smiley do just about anything. Is a gun smiley really that big of a deal?! No not really.

Also favourite is the British/English spelling so no they didn't spell it wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Too light grey on the top. Highly distrubing for the eyes. Induced headache while i was reading the text. Use a slightly darker tone to balance out with the content beneath.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I just started the betatest about 15 minutes ago -
looking at the "forums" page - and who is online now - my handle is not appearing in the list.

Also, I miss the ribbon at the bottom. so far the alignment seems okay, though.

Using Chrome, on Windows 8
viewport: 1287 x 707 | document: 1287 x 4747

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I can understand dumping the Foe feature but, I wish you would keep the Friend feature because I use it a lot. When I see that a member consistently posts good threads or threads with topics that interest me, I will make them one of my Friends. Then I can follow their posts using the Friend's Threads feature on the bottom ribbon.

I really liked that feature so that I could follow my favorite member's threads. Even if you don't call it "Friending", could you find a way to carry this through to the new ATS so I can make sure I don't miss any of my favorite member's threads?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
just wanted to point out that the spacing on emoticons is

a little close when you use them right under each other....

that is avoidable but just so it is known ..
great update

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

johncarter

Too light grey on the top. Highly distrubing for the eyes. Induced headache while i was reading the text. Use a slightly darker tone to balance out with the content beneath.

Not sure if you noticed this but in the corner on the right there is a feature to where you can go "dark" on the screen. It makes the page look much more appealing and it doesn't hurt the eyes.

It's the last symbol where the Twitter and FB icons are.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Cant turn of the avatars in the new theme?

Also, the icons are gigantic. Like quarters on my screen.

I guess I can ABP the images in the final like I had to do during the last site remake in those early painful weeks.

Oooooh, blocking them looks nice. Just leaves the colored background circle. Subtle yet identifying.
edit on 21-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Also, the little black "curvy arrows" under the post pointing left don't do anything, nor do the black "clouds" or the "quote marks", although they turn black when touched by the pointer. Are they supposed to "go" somewhere?

I think the quote brackets are too big and distracting -
and frankly, I like the dark background MUCH better. The white background and all the empty "white space" is blinding. It seems "all up in my face" - like I want to push the monitor away from me so it's not so BIG. I'm on a 16" laptop, and some sites I have to enlarge to see properly, others I have to reduce. This beta thing needs to be reduced.

Also, on the My ATS favorite forums, it doesn't show the author of the thread - that is something I used very often to determine whether I wanted to read a thread or not - who is THE AUTHOR of it.

What is "archive"? No explanation of what it is - and only one page of Aug 1st threads. Tried "May", and again, only one page of threads, all for May 1st. There isn't a way to pick a "day", only the month - and there's only one page. ????

yikes. It's really blinding - gives me a headache. I'ma go back to the same o same o that I enjoy and know.
Do we have to change over? I like the dark-page format MUCH better.
Just my opinion. Thanks for asking for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

OOHHHHhhh!!! Thanks, mblah! It's better, yeah, but not as good as the current standard version, IMO.

@Skeptic: Also, the new "smileys" are, well, hard to decipher.
Devil and saint? We don't need those, do we??

And what about the "hey" and "thumbs down"?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
So second day of using the beta forum. Still would love to ask something to my fellow members.
Is it just me or does the new layout miss a soul.

It feels so bland... I'm kinda missing the overall ATS feeling. I love minimalism but for me its a bit to much slimmed down.

Hope you guys will sprinkle some ATS mojo over the new design.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
In some ways I kinda like the light theme, probably would prefer the darker one at night though for ease on the eyes. I've not been here that long though so probably not got as used to it as many other members.

The main thing i'm noticing with the beta test at the minute is that 'New Thread' and 'Post Reply' buttons are missing from the top and bottom of threads, so I have to click reply on the last post and delete the text. Not sure if this is intended this way or not?

Also the new image upload is great, but I cannot seem to move images to other galleries, even after a hard refresh or leaving the page and going back to uploads (which I had to do before, but worked)

edit: I've also just clicked a tick-box in myATS next to the replies, hot, new, and flags buttons that seemingly does nothing but has now disappeared?
edit on 21-8-2013 by melancholiflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Win 7 64bit Firefox Nightly

The dark/light toggle doesn't work for me.
All other buttons in that row seem to function but that one.

Looks good so far.
Thanks

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The "color" box isn't working correctly - I only get part of the pallet, (the whole lower right quadrant plus part of the top right are missing) - and once you've clicked on a color, you can't go in and play with it like we used to...
to find just the right shade.
????
Chrome, Windows 8, "Account" page.

Also, one of my avatars doesn't work (doesn't resize to fit), but others seem to work all right.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Actually those come out really cool.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
So second day of using the beta forum. Still would love to ask something to my fellow members.
Is it just me or does the new layout miss a soul.

It feels so bland... I'm kinda missing the overall ATS feeling. I love minimalism but for me its a bit to much slimmed down.

Hope you guys will sprinkle some ATS mojo over the new design.

Yes, that's another thing missing - its soul.
I'm on a phone and have no avatars, signatures, etc and it's so bland and unfriendly.

My Internet service here is 3G - I'm wondering what an iPad mini would show up like, if the lack of avatars is just for the mobile phone only, or if it's going to cross over to other 3G devices

edit on 21-8-2013 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

And ^ I just edited that and it vanished.

What I had said was :
Avatars are showing now, and it looks like its for the sight challenged. Everything is huge - avatars and posts, and no way to scale it down. One post takes up the whole phone screen, the current working site shows approx 2 posts per screen with little avatars to the left side.
I'll have to go find my computers old air card (over priced rural Internet stick) to see what it looks like on a computer.
I think I'll need to request an iPad mini for Xmas .......,
edit on 21-8-2013 by snowspirit because: Added back what vanished from the first edit - hope it stayed this time

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I want the friends list back. I used it for several reasons - to see what friends I have in common with other members...and also to see who are members' friends.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

lol guilty as charged.

I really dig the iphone website template.
It's nice and clean and looks great.

Aside from sniffing headers you can always detect the screen size via _javascript and then display content according to the size of the viewport. Then you can do an ajax call to return only the content you want.

window.outerWidth
www.w3schools.com...

The new site is coming along very nicely

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Love it

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

You'll always get those css errors.
Many browsers don't support all of the options in css files.
While others will.

that's normal.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

For most Americans . . . a gun is a necessary TOOL OF FREEDOM AND LIFE.

wow
for most non americans a gun is the opposite, it TAKES AWAY FREEDOM AND LIFE
therein lies the american gun problem....
sorry to go off topic but i had to reply to that

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join