It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately, still nothing on the iPad. I followed the directions, going to home page, but there's no ""share" button anywhere at all towards the bottom or even the top of the page......I can just stick with the original format for the moment. I don't have a problem with the old format....just can't read messages.....

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Sorry. I don't recall. Happened a long time ago, for me.

Supposedly I reached another level of even less ads or some such with the 20th applause and whatever level of flags etc. I reached some time ago. But I haven't found that criteria again. Maybe that one went by the wayside. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

They couldn't find me, I don't have antivirus software anymore, nobody is interested in hacking windows 2000 anymore anyway. My first computer was a system 32, second was a commodore 128. I remember punching punchcards for Michigan Techs computer when I was in seventh grade.
I'm the relic, not the computer. It has wanted to retire for a while already but I don't pay a pension so it will keep working till it is a hundred.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

One thing I noticed on mobile is that I can't zoom in or out. When I was reading a thread about funny pics (yeah I know that is really above top secret
) I did not see the whole picture in portrait and I couldn't slide it from left to right. So in landscape I could see the whole picture but it didn't fit from top to bottom.

I don't need a real change just a button "desktop version"

Second, the avatars and names take a lot of space, so I needed to scroll a lot to get to the part I wanted to read.
I guess "desktop version" would solve the same issue, but would it still be possible to turn avatars off like in the existing format?

Keep up the good work

EDIT: its a resolution thing. My screen is double the resolution of the viewport. I can zoom in but can't zoom out

edit on 21-8-2013 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

Another edit:

While doing this, glad that I can upload, I noticed that when I opened a pic to get the code to post it, I can't select the text to copy it so I had to write it. Also the little 'X' to close the picture did not respond so I had te reopen the page with my pictures. I selected two pictures to upload but it uploaded just one. So I had to upload them separately.

As you can see, what happend to the extext in the given examples? And the text in italic?

edit on 21-8-2013 by Dumbass because: add

Another edit:

Using Android 4.1.2 standard browser
Viewport 384x615 (my screen is 768x1280
edit on 21-8-2013 by Dumbass because: another add

edit on 21-8-2013 by Dumbass because: yet another add

edit on 21-8-2013 by Dumbass because: you are not allowed to guess. just adding some stuff

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Can't quite be certain . . . but an annoying problem with the old setup seems to be mostly solved with the new one.

When loading a new thread . . . I'd move my cursor down and click on a spot on the page to activate the scroll wheel capacity on my Logitech trackman.

ALMOST ALWAYS, unless I was consciously very careful, my click would occur on the FORUM title and the page would go to THAT FORUM . . . annoying.

With the new setup, that doesn't seem to be such a problem.

THX THX THX THX.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

LOLOLOL

LOVE IT.

BTW, thx for the msg. Fascinating about your avatar.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Whatever you just did to the ads . . . IT'S WORSE . . . encroaching on the middle page section very annoyingly.

Welllll . . . have blathered as contributively as I'm up to for now.

Heading to bed.

Thx for the memories.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

LOL.

edit on 21/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The only thing I don't like is that if a users post is short them there is a gap until the next post, should really extend the box to the bottom of the avatar like the old way...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
^^^^^ see the large gap above, should pull the box down to the avatar and leave the gap in the box.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Hi SO. Congratulations on all the hard work coming to a successful offering for more users.

It will take some adjustment on my part, as I find the dark option more difficult to read now. The old beige on gray was easier for me.

I can't resize the lettering which would help I think - IE10

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
Okay Site on the white scheme looks terrible, also Did u make this layout on a mac?

My desktop is a 27 inch 1920x1080 res and the fonts look way to big and choppy. Now i'm on my mackbook pro retina and the fonts looks really nice.

I havent read the whole thread so sorry if this has been resolved SO.

I'm on an iMac, Mountain Lion using Safari and also have a 27" monitor.
The page comes up as huge text - had to command-minus to get the site to look normal size.
The pics/emoticons were all pretty big.
Also have a weird extra scroll bar inside the page which is a bit confusing cause I keep using that instead of my normal scroll bar.

But otherwise
looks good. Love the fonts

edit on 21/8/2013 by Netties Hermit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Heyyyyy

The image upload is finally working for me after over a year of non-use

Excellent
Now I can change my avatar again

(FYI: just looked at the post I made where I uploaded an image from photobucket and it was wayyy huger than the original. Not that its gonna be a problem for me anymore
)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Looks great once DARK is toggled. I would strongly suggest making that the default color scheme on the desktop.
Other than that, everything is contemporary and functional.

I do still miss the live headline pop up that you guys had but I've gotten over it after a few good cries.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Perhaps the default could be made 'dark' - I felt quite alienated when I saw all these white spaces.. think of what that does to the satanists, aliens from clouded planets and old folks that suffer from glare..

Though the 'smileys' have been ..er.. facelifted (or would that be: facestretched?) I don't like them much. The old ones seemed to be more alive and are part of what I would label 'ATS culture'. I know, they are old and have to go, the government here suppresses them.. there also seems to be no 'thumbs down' smiley?

Another quirk that seems to have survived the update: smileys are NOT inserted properly, but always added at the end of the posting. They should be inserted at the location of the cursor, of course. cursor = getCursorPosition(e) etc. or Jquery.

The new site style looks quite good, but I did like the old style too: it had that breath of olden days, a bit sloppy, a bit amateurish. Now the site looks like any other modern site.

Ah, and the reply and preview buttons text seems to be slightly below the center line in firefox.

BTW: you may want to make the 'reason for edit' a non-mandatory field. And/or implement version control.
edit on 21-8-2013 by ForteanOrg because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Where's the
wow icon? I miss that guy..

BTW: maybe, now you're at it, could make the icons appear in the previews too? As it is now, they don't show up, only their text equivalents.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
In the old version there was a last post on the page 'twilight zone' where when you clicked on a persons name on an ongoing thread in your subscriptions, you would go to a place where there were two page number bars and no content. Those of us who have been here for a bit know to click the page just back one, and scroll to the bottom of that page and viola. This bug has been passed along to the new version.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah, I quite like the new format, although I found it a little blinding at first, but then I found out that you could alter the colour/contrast with a button...

The outlay I think looks very professional, you seem to notice it more when you switch back to the existing black screen format, and then it seems quite dull compared to what is going to be launched in the near future...

There was one page though, can't remember which, but the advertisments on the right hand side of the screen seemed to overlap the written content on the screen, but I didn't know how to get rid of the advert, that's unless I missed something simple like I normally do...

But I do like the new format......nice one......

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I have been using the beta on a notebook on and off today with no problems and frankly
I think you have done a great job. ( even forced myself to stick with the light background ... it's actually not bad )

My Wife has just arrived home with her android tablet - tried to log in to the beta - not happening.
The link from the U2U did not work. Nor did typing in the URL .

Probably something on my end ... clues ?

Ed: Umm, yeah - the emoticons ..

edit on 21-8-2013 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Just noticed something extremely important to me... it has no ribbon down the bottom. I need my precious ribbon!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Looks shmexy.

Massive effort BIll.
( ithink that's meant to be a thumbs up, or I'm flipping you the bird )

1.The emoticons are lame
2. can't see bts in recent
3. profile pages have no option to be social anymore and post to members (not that I do that much, but it's nice for the community)
4. I'm seeing banner and side ads now on all threads and pages, previously not before after I signed in.

Other than that, onwards and upwards, I think its the best version yet. Works beautifully on my android, iphone, mac and pc.

edit on 21-8-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join