It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Thank you everyone for your input. The 24 hour member beta test is now finished.

There's a good-sized list of refinements and additions.

If all goes well, we're targeting Monday, September 2 as the launch date.
edit on 21-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

It will be an interesting time in just over a week

Expect a lot of grumpy complaints I expect even if everything works. Change.. people.. you need to bash it into them!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by winofiend

Okay Winofiend, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Now come over and teach me how to make it all work on my laptop and I won't have to steal all of your bacon.

Gah, it's the 'sound like' that I rely on. Not the actual doing !!

Have you tried turning it off and on again? ;-) awful IT crowd reference.. eek.

I didn't even realise there was an option to toggle the contrast. I just did what I do as usual and nothing obvious broke, so I'm not a very good beta tester haha. Mind you, if it can break, I can break it.

We'll know in just over a week how robust it is. Which gives me ample time to squirrel away my bacon !!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I did.... what i meant was that i still couldn't see 3 columns of updating news. it just wasn't there. Only titles and headers.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
i'd like to lobby for the color "6699FF" to be included . . . it's gentler on the eyes--not quite as bright as the Teal--yet distinctive for emphasis. I think it would be good on both the whitish and certainly the dark backgrounds. Call it "Light Blue" or whatever. It's the color in my miniprofile at the left. If that's too light for the white background, then use a slightly darker light blue, please. Perhaps "3366CC" or "336699" or "6666CC" or "6666FF" or "9999FF" . . . though I haven't seen them against the dark yet..

also, I'd prefer "CC9966" as an alternative for the orange. This orange is too garish for a gentle negative emphasis, in my scheme of things.

And a nice alternative to the Purple below--which is also hard to read against the dark background, might be: "9966FF" or "9966CC" or "9900CC" or "996699" or "9900FF" or "9933CC"

Leaving it in Purple to show how unreadable it is against the dark background:
And a nice alternative to the Purple below--which is also hard to read against the dark background, might be: "9966FF" or "9966CC" or "9900CC" or "996699" or "9900FF" or "9933CC"

I realize that it would be some extra work--but one time would do it, I'd think. Why not have a full color range that would automatically apply to dark and another that would automatically apply to the light background. Given the ground up overhaul and the flexibility it sounds like is built in,--WHY NOT?

Just please include at least a variety of colors that are distinctive AND READABLE--BUT NOT garish. And, for the hopefully rare times when a brighter color DOES FIT--a variety of colors for that for each background.

The word based "Blue" and "Navy" below are too dark to be easily readable on the dark background. The Teal is OK but a bit too garish for my taste. Not what I prefer for a gentle emphasis.

Thanks in advance for considering this request.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
reply to post by BO XIAN

Use the BBcode color indicators...

[color=Black]black[/color]
[color=Red]red[/color]
[color=Yellow]yellow[/color]
[color=Pink]pink[/color]
[color=Green]Text Green[/color]
[color=Orange]Text Orange[/color]
[color=Purple]Text Purple[/color]
[color=Blue]Text Blue[/color]
[color=Beige]Text Beige[/color]
[color=Brown]Text Brown[/color]
[color=Teal]Text Teal[/color]
[color=Navy]Text Navy[/color]
[color=Maroon]Text Maroon[/color]
[color=LimeGreen]Text LimeGreen[/color]

The BBcode has been modified to use CSS instead of the deprecated -font- tag, and the actual colors refined to look good in both the dark and light versions of the site.

edit on 22/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix the blinkin tags by removing Capital beginning the sentence. Sigh.

edit on 22/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 22/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I just wanted to say that I loved the beta test

Although I am just on a computer and not a mobile device, it all worked pretty much flawlessly. There was a couple of burps here and there, but I have tried a lot of other beta test websites and games over the years, and most were very buggy, but the ATS beta worked almost flawlessly.

Good job!

I have one question though, are the points and the point system gone in the new ATS?
edit on 22-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Darkblade71
I have one question though, are the points and the point system gone in the new ATS?

Nope.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I was away from home during the twenty four hour period. Will this affect anything ? This may seem like an idiotic question, but I am not all that computer savvy, so I have no idea what can affect what. Unless you are talking about space craft, massive lazer beams, and gamma emmissions from odd locations in space, Im more of a broadswords and axes guy. Old tech Im fine with, tomorrows tech I cant wait for, todays tech is aggravating as hell and wouldnt exist if I had any say in it lol.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Ok, cool. When I did the beta I didn't see the points anywhere.

Was kind of worried about that, not that I really care about them, but it is fun watching them build up over time.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

It'll affect a lot in terms of site responsiveness and load times etc. In terms of anything you'll have to change, no not really.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The new layout sounds interesting will definitely take a bit of time to adjust to the new layout but hopefully it won't be too bad and i really hope the load time for the site layout won't be slow because (no offense meant) but i do notice it's sometimes slow loading the site in it's current layout unless it's my computer/browser at fault.

edit on 26-8-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adding details

edit on 26-8-2013 by Conspiracyskeptic because: Adjusting sentance

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Whats this ATS dumbed-down for phones?

I HATE the new look (which just happened in the last hour here in New Zealand.)

Colours on signatures don't work (code text instead), no "Tools" option on myATS account settings (can't even find my account at all), smileys are archaic, some lettering in some posters avatars is hard to see depending on the background style used ..............
Test FAIL
how can I go back to how it was? or can you fix the above please!

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Thank you everyone for your input. The 24 hour member beta test is now finished.

There's a good-sized list of refinements and additions.

If all goes well, we're targeting Monday, September 2 as the launch date.
edit on 21-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

so how come it just came on this morning here in New Zealand?
I know we are the last place on Earth before you fall off the azz end ...... but hey

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

They moved the start date up. It just came on for everyone. This is the permanent change.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

I am on a mobile device... Although I don't mind change..i really really dont like this. Its too big and blocky!!! I can 't scan recent like i use to or even a bunch of post. One block at a time. Scroll, scroll, scroll. And.... When i go into a new thread... They start me at the bottom of the last page. Guh! lol

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
congrats. looks good.
we all get banner ads now?

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by muzzy

They moved the start date up. It just came on for everyone. This is the permanent change.

So how come it has now reverted to the old style 6 hours since I posted above?
Can't be permanent if it has changed again.
Just been through this type of thing with US Geological Service, changed everything on their web site, nothing I used to use if there now, so I just don't bother going there anymore.
Best way to lose readers is to make changes no one wants, just for the sake of being hip.
Windows 8 has to be the worst de-velopment ever.

edit on 30-8-2013 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
congrats. looks good.
we all get banner ads now?

I think they are singling you out specifically. As punishment for that hideous avatar.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

pish tosh you all love it

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join