It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes, you can define it in your account settings page.

Mine is this...

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Spectacular. Danke sir!

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I deleted the message by mistake instead of opening, can I get a new one?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

aboutface
I can't resize the lettering which would help I think - IE10

Bigger or smaller?

Bigger please

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Will a button to hide the avatars show up in the reboot?

ATS was never so enjoyable until I found that option in the current version.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
2 Bugs found so far:- (apologies if already mentioned)

1. Cannot get to the bottom ribbon/link section when on the 'New Topics' or 'Recent Posts' page, just keeps adding/updating more links to the screen and then pinging me back up to the middle of the screen.

2. The 'Recent Posts' link on the bottom ribbon/link section doesn't work

Other than that, I like it, much cleaner now, more modern, colour scheme is a bit bright though.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Beta over? Can't seem to log in anymore

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your input. The 24 hour member beta test is now finished.

There's a good-sized list of refinements and additions.

If all goes well, we're targeting Monday, September 2 as the launch date.
edit on 21-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Kudos, it was indeed a fun run. Going back to the "old" ATS it suddenly feels very old lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

It's ok, at this point the beta is over for public access.

See SO's post above.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I spent most of yesterday on the new forum.

The dark theme feels quite close the current one, and after only a few minutes, felt really comfortable with it. Certainly, there was less "getting used to" than some of the changes in the past.

With the new links in the lower left of the profile, I found it interesting that I made threads in 17 of the forums since I joined, none more than 4 times. Apparently, I'm just not very good at anything!

Viewing was in 1360X768, using Firefox, on an Ubuntu Studio machine with an XFCE desktop, and a bold font. The base really did look good, imagine even better once you add some color.

I'm still not convinced of the whole Google API thing though, the governments favorite, and any deprecation... well...

What's their motto again... Do no harm, (unless you're told)?

But yeah, looks great, since you asked.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Hey SO. For whatever reason I did not get said message with access info on it.

Beta testing for the site would be a good pass time for me while I have a little down time in the 'Stan.

Edit:

Nevermind saw the post above.

Good luck on the new design. I look forward to messing around with the new features in the future.
edit on 21-8-2013 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Click on the "person" icon within any member's mini-profile, and you can send a private message. Or, click the down-arrow in the top menu to expand the member-only options to get to your private messages directly.

Thanks! I just found it.

Hm, other than the background colour, the new version looks really great! Thanks S.O.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If all goes well, we're targeting Monday, September 2 as the launch date.
edit on 21-8-2013 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

I will look forward to it!

But I definitively hope that the dark background stay.

Other than that, the new site looked great and much more organized.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Far too bright, don't you know most of us are viewing this site from deep with in dark bunkers or caves?

Yes, and caves

Okey dokey, well I used it on both windows 8.1 preview with firefox version Crap (23.01) and also on a absolutely low end android device with a 2 centimeter screen (well 2.3 inch) and a 10.1 inch android tablet (well 10.1 diagnoally, but really it's 500 pixels tall, so it's a hoax, unlike those A3 10 inch apple sods)..

Windows + firefox, saw no obvious problems. Apart from my greasemonkey stuff needing to be redone :-o Might miss the animated emoticons on the desktop. But seemed reasonably flawless, for how much I tested it, even slightly easier to navigate with the menu bar.

Phone with small screen android Gingerbread cyanogenmod 9, stock browser... I can actually use it. Surprised. It resized into the screen reasonably well. I still cannot click the page navigation buttons withouit missing the click as they're still text clicks and in a thread with many pages, hitting page 6 instead of 3 or the >> is annoying. Especially on low end devices.

Tablet with 10.1 screen, stock rom, Icecream sandwich, firefox, dolphin, stock.. firefox sluggish as usual, but the only one that seems to allow all formatting. Anything with an animated gif would drag it to a near halt. Dolphin, smooth as butter as usual, but some things failed to render, but it does this anyway on most websites, so that's not the website design, and opera, well I only have that for when things go really funky. Didnt really use it, but it did work.

Same issues with the page navigation. And my tablet is so cheap the calibration is off the more you get to one side, so it's really a pain when you can't hit something deliberately, and need to hit back and back and back till you get it. Bigger 1,2,3,4,>>

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Auricom
I also have a quibble regarding the formatting options. Many bulletin boards have shortcuts that I like to use, for example; pressing "CTRL+i" would give you italic text. That doesn't work here on the new site nor the old one. Since this is a "ground up build" (I'm guessing) of a custom bulletin board, I understand why it hasn't been put in place.

It's a personal issue -- for me.

That functionality is via a JavaScript-based content editor, typically TinyMCE. It provides a wide range of text formatting options that pretty much mirror a word processing application.

I have philosophical issues with that in a discussion board format. Users should focus on what they say, not fonts/colors/sizes/alignment etc.

That's just me.

Hahaha you sound like me 15 years ago, when I poo poo'd html editors.. Anyone making a website uses notepad damn it!!

I still use notepad.. Probably why I never became famous making websites.

Oo

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Okay Winofiend, you sound like you know what you're talking about. Now come over and teach me how to make it all work on my laptop and I won't have to steal all of your bacon.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I thouht I tested that. First thing I did as it's one thing I can't use on my phone. The hot spots are text only yet the entire area reveals as a link.

Gah can't recheck now. Hope that's not something I just fluked.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join