It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
By now, members will have received a private message containing access information to try out the new site, and look for any final issues before we cut-over, hopefully next week.

Please do not share or publicly post the access information.

Use this thread to report any issues you might find.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you find an issue, and it appears to be a formatting or misalignment problem, also indicate your operating system, browser, and the viewport information shown below the site footer.

The new site is nearly fully optimized for smart phones and tablets, however, it's just about impossible to test for all screen-size and device variations, so your help in this area is greatly appreciated.

We're not going to provide any new information on the new features and functionality. This is to help us see if what we've done is obvious and easy to understand.

Thank you in advance for your help on our way to a brand new ATS.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
First thing I notice, Chrome Browser, win7.

Avatar widths seem to be different and cause overlap, tiled effect, at least with Chrome.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Is that going to be the one and only background color?
Its kind of blinding

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did the size of the avatar rectangle change? I'm looking at my avatar (as well as some other members') on the betatest and see that my avatar has a slight paneled look to it. In other words it ends early on the right side and starts to repeat the same image. Wasn't sure if this was an issue to report or just something that is different with the new forums and must therefore change our avatar images.

Edit: I'm using Opera web browser.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Sharingan

Is that going to be the one and only background color?
Its kind of blinding

2nd...

Far too bright, don't you know most of us are viewing this site from deep with in dark bunkers or caves?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The relatively neutral color schemes makes the outlines a bit of a strain on the eyes. Additionally the color scheme makes it hard to read members forum stats if their background is lighter, cant recall if that was an issue before

Benrl is correct, his avatar doesnt appear to be synced well anymore. Has background dimensions changed?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Upper right corner of screen you'll see a circle half black/half white. Click on that and it toggles between light & dark themes.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

There is an option at the top to change from light to dark.....Love the new look SO!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yes. The mini-profile is wider.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Running Mavericks on Apple, everything looks good here. Thank God for the black/white option up in the right hand corner. I like the black myself. Are you doing away with the stars?

ETA - Seems like a lot of scrolling space between posts also....

The adds are eating up a lot of real-estate on the page. At least on my browser.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Please dump the "you gave him a star" window that pops up, I don't need to be told that, I know i just did it...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That's still a testing item, won't be part of the live site.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

SkepticOverlord
Yes. The mini-profile is wider.

Specs on new sizes please?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

yeahright

Upper right corner of screen you'll see a circle half black/half white. Click on that and it toggles between light & dark themes.

much better, thanks.

like the look now.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

178 pixels.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Okay Site on the white scheme looks terrible, also Did u make this layout on a mac?

My desktop is a 27 inch 1920x1080 res and the fonts look way to big and choppy. Now i'm on my mackbook pro retina and the fonts looks really nice.

The dark scheme works out nice. But overall viewing it from my desktop the site feels like I'm looking at a zoomed in page if u get what I mean.

Edit: Also the emoticons... Maybe they are a bit to "over the edge" they don't feel like emoticons... they just feel like little scribbles between text.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Not seeing a search function.

Can you point out its location in this new setup?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Top right, there is a contrast button. Click on that.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Senduko
Did u make this layout on a mac?

I have a number of machines, primary is a MacBook Pro 17" -- also used an under-powered HP craptop running Windows 8 for extensive testing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join