It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

SkepticOverlord

I have philosophical issues with that in a discussion board format. Users should focus on what they say, not fonts/colors/sizes/alignment etc.

That's just me.

Hmmmmmm . . . welllllllll, the psychologist me feels compelled to comment. LOL.

1. As ATS's T&C so emphatically documents . . . HOW one says what one is saying IS A HUGE DEAL.

2. HOW one says something relates to comprehension, interest, response range, noticeability, etc.

3. GIVEN that a text based system is GROSSLY LACKING the 80% or so MORE TRUSTWORTHY proportion of COMMUNICATION . . . the colors, formatting etc. can go a significant distance toward filling-in for that lack of

A) voice tone rising
B) voice cadence
C) voice stability vs quiver
D) voice sharpness
E) eye brow movements
F) eye gaze intensity
G) winking
H) brow wrinkling
I) facial expressions
J) eye gaze puzzlement
K) eye gaze affection
L) . . .

4. The color, formatting & text options help make up for the narrow bleakness of text communication by offering a more robust variety for personal expression. We are PEOPLE, HUMAN BEINGS . . . not digital components. Robust variety in HUMAN communication is vital, imho, IF we want it to be truly robust and human COMMUNICATION, COMMUNING.

5. HOW something IS SAID . . . as Marshal McCluen so artfully documented IS PART OF THE MSG. It is a KEY part of the msg.

6. HOW something is said helps discern better the heart and motive of the author. The heart and motive of the author make all the difference in THE MSG and THE COMMUNICATION--all the difference in the world.

7. It will never be as good as face to face in some respects but at least the more robust the options in HOW something is said DOES HELP A LOT.

8. My guess is that in Neuro Linguistic Programming terms, your favorite modality might be AUDIO-DIGITAL. Which would likely mean you married a kinesthetic person. LOL. Regardless . . . more robust text options HELPS A LOT for the different modalities to more effectively translate for one another WHAT they are trying to communicate.

Anyway--I could go on and on but I think you get the drift. LOL.

. . .

my "just me" is the opposite on that robust text options score.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi: Please Help!! Just a quick question.

Warning: That this server is requesting information sent in an unsecure manner. where it says username and password. I didn't log in for that as you might imagine I wish to remain secure in logging in. I hope that's not the case all the time. I figured it didn't matter for the test though.

I don't quite understand Beta. I'm on an older Acer computer with Windows 7 Starter Edition.

I'm not as you might guess by now computer saavy. Otherwise just decided to go ahead and do it, seems like it is compatible with IE9 I was concerned when members mentioned IE10. My computer is not touch screen so IE10 would not be compatible. Also when someone said something about downloading Java apparently mine is there.

Will explore. Thank you for your time.

edit on 21-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: change

edit on 21-8-2013 by 1loserel2 because: update

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The page will not load at all on iPad with Safari or Mercury. Earlier, it was working with Mercury.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The light/dark color toggle has been moved to the main menu to be a bit more obvious.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Something has happened in the last hour that has resulted on both sites in the

6699FF color not taking effect in my signature line. I tried to put tags before and ending just the 2 sentences concerned and it did not help. I also took out the Capital beginning of the sentence which used to help. Did not help.

If it's no biggy and just a result of dinking with the system . . . OK by me.

I do appreciate the BB code use of colored text. I hope the bugs that were in the old system get worked out on such scores.

Thx thx.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Use the BBcode color indicators...

[color=Black]black[/color]
[color=Red]red[/color]
[color=Yellow]yellow[/color]
[color=Pink]pink[/color]
[color=Green]Text Green[/color]
[color=Orange]Text Orange[/color]
[color=Purple]Text Purple[/color]
[color=Blue]Text Blue[/color]
[color=Beige]Text Beige[/color]
[color=Brown]Text Brown[/color]
[color=Teal]Text Teal[/color]
[color=Navy]Text Navy[/color]
[color=Maroon]Text Maroon[/color]
[color=LimeGreen]Text LimeGreen[/color]

The BBcode has been modified to use CSS instead of the deprecated -font- tag, and the actual colors refined to look good in both the dark and light versions of the site.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Just realized my head is the only thing showing in the mobile version. Although I suppose if its only displaying avatar that would make sense.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It doesn't seem to me that the new topics update in real time.
Also, while it tells how recently someone has posted, I do not see a creation time for the threads in new topics?

Not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but I figure if there's any time to be nit-picky, it is now.

Running windows 7, and Firefox 23.0.1

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
S.O Are you messing with the CSS? My signature links went from gold, to blue to black... Orange suits this light skin so well.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Under accounts, background color, the popup doesn't load 100% on my Asus 10" tablet. Android 4.2.1 using the Chrome browser.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Question about the new look.

The current ATS has a glossy polished look compared to the new beta version. The beta version looks rather flat. Will there be more 'polishing' on the new version?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

THX BIG

I suggest folks print that key off. I'm pasting mine on my printer above my screen as an easy reminder.

Are there other former BB CODE longhand thingy's that have been reduced to a code like that--which the klutzy layman would do well to be aware of?

THX THX BIG for all you do . . .

BTW, I really appreciate . . . "tenth's" model attitude, perceptiveness and effectiveness on a range of threads.

Blessings,

Ooooooops. Spoke too soon . . . more changes seem afoot. LOL.

Wellllllll, I need to go do some irrigation chores.

I look forward to the changeover. Blessings and some needed R&R to all concerned.

Cheers.

edit on 21/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've had problems locating the login button using ipad & android phone.

IPad 3, safari, 768 x 900: the login button is only viewable in landscape mode. Once logged in, the drop down button appears for logout, but only showing while logged in.

Android phone (4.0.4), default browser, 615 x 369: can't find an option anywhere to login. On the right hand menu there is a account button but it just takes me to a blank page.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Your blue isn't blue
Don't forget to close your bb code [/...]

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I've been critical of past updates, but as I look as this one more and more, I'm finding that I really like it. It looks -really- good. The uniformity is great. There was always such a disconnect between the front page and it's goofy metro look and the rest of the site. I realize the front page is still essentially the same as functionality goes, but the presentation is everything. The way everything looks now is fantastic. AND I JUST NOTICED THE LIGHT AND DARK THEMES. So cool! This definitely makes me want to spend more time here.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Yeah. I know about that. I rarely forget that. In this case, it's taken care of at the end of each sentence . . . with a begin tag at the start of each of the 2 sentences.

They are obviously still dinking with things.

Fine with me. I know these things take time.

I'll just leave it and see how it is when I get back from my chores and errands.

Thanks for your kind reply.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Text blue
Text purple

Not just blue and purple

Nvm, I'm a tard.
edit on 21-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: dur

edit on 21-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: color

edit on 21-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: (no reason given)

The color code is CAP sensitive? Has to be exact.
edit on 21-8-2013 by ChuckNasty because: final edit - caps and no caps

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There's been a modification to the mobile avatars, for efficiency's sake.

If you upload a custom mobile avatar, the maximum size is now 150 pixels wide by 50 pixels tall.

If you don't upload a mobile avatar, but have a regular avatar, 50 vertical pixels of it will be displayed.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

That looks much better

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

So does this mobile avatar exist separately from the regular avatar?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join