It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.5/3 24 Hour Member Beta Test

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just refreshed the page and got a security box pop up and it said "Warning Security Alert" and I closed out of it and it brought up a new page that said I needed to download java (which i have) except the url was behaviore.com... so I don't know what that's about but I don't think you guys want that popping up on your beta site.
edit on 20-8-2013 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Gonna miss seeing who was the last reply on the "recent" page....

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Changed it to dark option as soon as I found the option in the far right corner.

Other than that looks good.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Ok, this is weird. I have two computers here on the same desk. One is an mac and one is a pc. I got the alert with the new message, and when I clicked on the link, I got regular old ATS. But just now, I logged in on my pc, went to my messages and the link is totally different from the link I got on my mac. It's the same message, exact same timestamp, but totally different link. The second link worked.

Is that weird or what?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I also noticed my way cool gold colored border went away.

Does this mean the WATS list is a thing of the past?

What the Hey !!

Maybe they can put little "medals" in the members' avitar box ?

edit on Aug-20-2013 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on Aug-20-2013 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I got the same thing on the Mood Music thread

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Is there going to be any work done on the members profile section? Like a place where we can add a few paragraphs about ourselves and interests etc?

Seems kind of empty without all of this information and just links to what threads and posts you have made, that is not a true profile IMO.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Maybe the beta site is to busy, but it will not me log in for some reason.

I guess I'll just have to get used to any forthcoming changes in the near future. That's cool though as I'm flexible.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Tried the beta test site and well, I was able to star a whole lot of posts that I had already starred previously...

I also tried giving myself a star and it worked... :O

Not that I care myself but if this is a sticky, I can already see some members starring their old replies and push themselves to Stardom Galore !!

Looks awesome so far though !!
Me likes...a lot !

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It doesn't work on the IE browser but it does with Chrome and Firefox.

That's odd. Off to poke around a bit.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Looks great. Very excited!
I love the nice choice of icon for General Conspiracies it looks just like him!

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just found that if I unflag someone, I cannot reflag them.

I also found I can add an extra star on things I have already starred,
and it did some java error pop up that tried to bring me here:
The requested URL /?dv1=HmXxDFc7SQAUJ08BAAAAAJ40WQAAAAAAAgEAAAYAAAAAAP8AAAADFRIIRAAAAAAA.q9eAAAAAACCGHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAC47BgA AAAAAAIAAwAAgD8A0O-BnkABAAAAAAAAAGM3MjkwMmFlLTBhMDEtMTFlMy05Y2JkLTQ0MWVhMTYxNjU1OAAAAAAAAAA=,eJxL9fCNNC01SM8zDsx0NMiKKHUpKisyc.VwjM82zzIzCfAK1NUFANnNC 1Q=&dv2=7411842-6205438&dv3=21964564&dv4=217146654&campaign=1 was not found on this server.

I have Windows 7 and am using FireFox 18.0.2 (most recent version)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Tried the beta test site and well, I was able to star a whole lot of posts that I had already starred previously...

I also tried giving myself a star and it worked... :O

Not that I care myself but if this is a sticky, I can already see some members starring their old replies and push themselves to Stardom Galore !!

Looks awesome so far though !!
Me likes...a lot !

I went and starred one of my own posts and added a star to another member's post that I had previously starred.

It worked !!

But, the old version doesn't show the new stars.

And, the new version omits those new stars as well (close page, then re-open -- no stars)

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
No longer have the ability to flag a thread, take away your flag and flag it again.

No idea why you would ever do this, but you can't now.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by litterbaux

Yeah,I accidentally unflagged the Art Bell Returning to radio thread and can't reflag it...

I have both version of ATS open though, so I dunno if it is that or not.
I double checked on the other version of ATS and it is unflagged, but still can't flag it (the flag button is blacked out), unless someone else unflagged it at the same time I did, but I doubt it.
It did have 95 before I clicked the flag again. Now 94.

edit on 20-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I like the darker look so I'll switch and stay with it. I only read SO's first reply on mini profile size the new Avatar size is 178 pixels ?

Other than that, great job so far.

Looks good, I can get used to it

edit on 20-8-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I'm only finding one page of my uploads when I started to test send a pic. Anybody else?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I don't know if you want to take into consideration those who have failing eyesight.

The white background version has the characters far too light. Way insufficient contrast.

I know a lot of sites like this but it is a pain in the eyeball! Yes, I can toggle but you wanted opinions. It is a PITA when in the name of artistic qualities, the site is a difficult to read. I would also like a background that was not quite so bright. A pastel shade would be a lot better.

Hopefully this modern direction of low contrast will change at some point. It is difficult to those of us who do not have 20/20 vision.

P

ETA I know these pastel colored text sites are "trendy' but perhaps ATS can lead rather than follow this trend. I have never been one to follow trends. It seems counter intuitive that a site that is all about the written word should give some people eyestrain!
edit on 20/8/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah, I found that too.

You have to go into your uploads and get the pic code.
There doesn't seem to be a way to bounce between sections from initial to 1,2, or 3.

Glad you pointed that out, I forgot.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just unflagged this thread and can't reflag it...so yep, don't unflag anything unless you really want it to stay that way...lol

But then I hit reload and it says I flagged it, and shows 22 flags again...

Also, it sent me to page 13 which is blank, just like the old ats would do once and a while when I would edit a post, and it sends me to a page that has not been created yet for the thread.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join