It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Okla. Teens Killed Baseball Player 'for Fun'

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by DZAG Wright

Ignorance is so very bliss.

I'm black, so what exactly is it that me and other civilized blacks are 'getting back'?

I can actually tell you.

See, lke most liberals, surely you feel that all this animalistic, backwards, bafoonish,degenerate behavior is a result of slavery. Right?

Wrong.

If that premise was true, then this ignorant behavior would be evident in the generations most closest to slavery, but it's not. Instead, those generations of blacks were (not only Republican) upstanding, education seeking and getting, business owning, non pants sagging, non baby momma and baby daddy making, and non-violent civilized members of society that came from 2 parent homes with moral upbringing.

So..explain this 'leap frog effect', since you suggest that it comes from slavery.....

It doesn't.

It began with the onset of the adoptation of blacks acceping liberal policies and voting Democratic slave masters...I mean...leaders.

Create a thread and I will surely debate this senseless argument.

Safety Disclaimer. I have foot in mouth disease. Therefore, my race shield..roflmao

I am part Native American, Jew (not just jewish), Scottish, Irish, German, Polish, and who knows.. My wife is Native American, German, Black American, Filipina, and who knows.. and we have some real "mixed" kids.

I do NOT agree that it is all about slavery.. Slavery plants a seed that grows into a nasty self-disposition in many.

If it was reversed, I can admit that I would have to try hard and get past it.

The screw JOB of many honest, decent, hard working black men for the decades 1930-1970. That is the real reason for the anger.

Now, the anger is then "improved upon" thru the gangster culture. the "I ain't gonna be a punk like grandpa. Boss calls me 'boy', get my gat and cap dat fool" shame combined with arrogance and anger.

Taking a bad situation and then MANIPULATING....INSTIGATING...and dare I say BRAINWASHING. combined with genetic predisposition. There are such forces at play against young black males.

We ALL as humans have to look partly at genetics. I AVOID ALCOHOL because my genes are not good for it. Scotch/Irish/Native American. When I drank, I drank. Same with fighting, I was pretty quick to respond if threatened.
these I know.. Plus I'm part Jew .. so the mere talk of something involving DANGER ----->eek..lol

My weaknesses are known stereo types, therefore a concerted societal engineered nefarious plan could, by statisitics, get what 'they' want pretty easily. Why do you think so many REDNECKS (that's me. and my kin.) have drinking issues? and LOVE to drink.

edit on 22-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Jewish refers to a religious belief system, not a race or place of origin.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

An eye for an eye baby. I’ve no problem with that at all.

I thought you wrote "Christianity". That is pre-Christianity. The reason, why Jesus had to die for the sins of mankind.

As for your knowledge of what a ‘true’ Christian would do or not? Who made you God for the day?

Since when do you need to be God himself to know, what a Christian should do? How can you ask for more Christianity and say at the same time, that only God knows, what that is?

I am rather sure, that no God, call him Jehova, Allah or Manitou, would like to see somebody kill his creations.
So it is not only about, what Christians would not do. It is true for most of the religions and even for atheists like me, who simply think of humans as humans.

Meditate? No thanks. I’ll pray.

Do that. But don't wonder, if your God does not hear you, when you ask him for the deaths of others.

Who sows hate shall harvest pain.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Slavery is not even a margin of the problem, because as stated, where is this type of behavior evident in the generations closest to slavery?

Have you dared clicked on those ignorant rappers' ( I guess its supposed to be the new rap) videos, trust me; you will need a translator to determine just what the hell they are even saying..

Did the Reconstruction Era teens speak this way?

And what do you mean, 'ostracized by whites has a hand in it'? If blacks are ostracized or avoided, click on the above videos to see why...whose fault is that?

Instituionalzed racism? How? Ohh you mean around 50 yrs ago..Ok.

But what about today, in 2013? (I know liberals usually have a hard time acknowledging the current year.) Are you suggesting that there are "whites only" signs posted anywhere? Can blacks not attend college or something?

Stop with your ridiculous liberal blame-game...its old, and people have had ENOUGH.
edit on 22-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

Evident in the immediate generations...you believe they were buddy-buddy with white people? That as soon as they were freed they were playing poker with Mr. Johnson who only last year was whippin pa like a dog, molesting mom and applied a brand to 2 year old Earl?

Didn't need to click on the links because I am familiar with the rappers you post. Not my cup of tea, but I know of them and their songs. I don't need a translator because even though my life is better now, I come from where they come from so I speak their language just fine.

You're putting the chicken before the egg...those young black youth behavior developed BECAUSE they (their parents and grandparents) were ostracized. I'm assuming you're not dumb, so you know the effects of an action doesn't always immediately appear.

Our grandparents and great grandparents were more...............docile than we are. They had the aggressiveness beaten out of them. So I don't cite them as a reliable source of what we should be.

If I were to kidnap a woman and hold her hostage as a love slave and beat her and make her bare children, when she was finally freed SHE may be ok after a while. Just happy to be free, but the CHILDREN of the rape when they find out what they come from there will be psychological damage to THEM. Not even going into if they are treated differently and ostracized because they look different than everyone else.

If you don't see any "whites only" signs you aren't looking hard enough or you aren't black. I suspect you're simply one of those people who THINK you aren't black...but get in some trouble and white America will remind you that you indeed are black (Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, etc)

And get rid of all that "liberal this, liberal that" speak you use. Go look up the word before you attempt to use it as a slander and realize if you aren't for liberal then you are for oppression.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

I'm not moved about your ad hominem attacks on me..I want you to attempt to deconstruct my argument.

Maybe you'd rather me, as a black person, turn a blind eye to it, or better yet

BLAME THE WHITE MAN

Again, my message to speak out on this degenerate backward culture is not waivered by you...

What say you on the self-hatred of the 3 rappers' videos I posted? Oh I know...its the white man promoting it.

Even if it was, its blacks that perform it and act on the very violence they rap about.

Your statements are pretty much senseless to me, honestly....because you never address the merits of my argument.

You know not what you speak of...

I give blame and responsibility to black people, but I recognize the CAUSE not just the effect.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry

I do NOT agree that it is all about slavery.. Slavery plants a seed that grows into a nasty self-disposition in many.

If it was reversed, I can admit that I would have to try hard and get past it.

The screw JOB of many honest, decent, hard working black men for the decades 1930-1970. That is the real reason for the anger.

Now, the anger is then "improved upon" thru the gangster culture. the "I ain't gonna be a punk like grandpa. Boss calls me 'boy', get my gat and cap dat fool" shame combined with arrogance and anger.

Taking a bad situation and then MANIPULATING....INSTIGATING...and dare I say BRAINWASHING. combined with genetic predisposition. There are such forces at play against young black males.

edit on 22-8-2013 by HanzHenry because: punctuation

Thank you for the portion I quote!

This is what many people try and ignore.

It's why I said the chickens are coming home to roost. Many times our children pay for our sins and transgressions.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Please refute the merits of my position on this issue.

Until then, I will no longer respond to you, so posts to me will be pointless.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Please refute the merits of my position on this issue.

Until then, I will no longer respond to you, so posts to me will be pointless.

Have I not, please list again whatever you want to discuss.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

But the gun enthusiasts will say and do anything to avoid the obvious connection.

The gun makes it easier, tis true, but the real problem has already been stated. It's more of a violence and thuggery cultural. They could have drove by and beat the guy with a baseball bat and killed him. The gun simply makes it easier.
America is not going to get rid of it's guns. We need them to protect ourselves from people like these kids. Imagine what they will be like when they get out of prison. Bigger, stronger, more violent and sociopaths.

We need stronger moral controls of media, leave my guns alone.

V

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Everyone, please watch this video. Pay attention. Open your minds. Think on it. Some people believe that this is the natural inclination of black people, the retarded and violent thug culture, the mindless consumerism. But watch this and see what you think then.

The people that govern us dictates how we think and act to a certain subconscious degree, you can try and believe otherwise...

There is a reason negative rap music soared on the record charts, and it's not because people prefer sex, violence and drugs. Its very easy, and viable, to hold this position.

Social engineering, people. That's it. These kids are a product of social engineering. You know how many parents work long and hard to instill the right values in their kids? And they still do what is marketed to them? Sex, violence, and drugs. It's easy to say that they had a choice; they did. But when there very moral understanding and standards have been twisted, from a very young age, by a culture of gratuity, violence, selfishness, how in the hell are the good choices even going to be a part of their mindset? Kids absorb whatever they see the most, and that is not their parents nowadays. The environment they interact in and the culture and entertainment that pervades everywhere they go out beats the amount of time spent at home, in the care of parents. Even at home, the violent, sex addicted drug culture beats out ll other possible free time activities. Simple. They absorb this from an early age, and it gets worse. The parents themselves absorb this at their own early age, and grow up to see it as normal.

Can't we see this?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Since when do you need to be God himself to know, what a Christian should do?

Your negative interpretation of my intent has provided the perfect example. Why? Because only God can fully understand the heart of man. Man rarely can - or when he tries will more often chose to assume the worst - as you’ve proven.

FYI? I don’t want these little gangsters to die and in the same breath I’ll say I don’t want any more lives lost to kids who've been reared with no accountability.

Their death weighed against leniency? I chose a harsh sentence in order to establish accountability, to set an example for youths who might 'get bored' in the future.

Yes, the lesser of the two evils is what I chose. Give the shooter death. The old ‘why we dropped The A Bomb’ rationalization. Take a life to save many more in the future.

I am rather sure, that no God, call him Jehova, Allah or Manitou, would like to see somebody kill his creations.

You’re rather sure of something you don’t even believe in. Now that’s a twist.

So it is not only about, what Christians would not do. It is true for most of the religions and even for atheists like me, who simply think of humans as humans.

Not sure I have enough gray cells left to get through that one. Sorry, it's late for me...

Do that. But don't wonder, if your God does not hear you, when you ask him for the deaths of others.

I’ve never prayed for the death of another - much less these sad criminals. What I did was offer my opinion which boils down to taking a hard stand against a complex social problem.

As for God hearing me? I know He does with absolutely no doubt. Oh, and since you brought it up? FYI? When I pray I don’t ask for my will, but for His.

Who sows hate shall harvest pain.

Is that a quote you authored or are you roughly quoting from a book you don’t believe in?

Anyway! Thank you for your time and an enjoyable debate. I appreciate your tone, approach and civility. Have a good evening Sir.

peace
edit on 22-8-2013 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88

There is a reason negative rap music soared on the record charts, and it's not because people prefer sex, violence and drugs. Its very easy, and viable, to hold this position.

Social engineering, people. That's it. These kids are a product of social engineering. You know how many parents work long and hard to instill the right values in their kids? And they still do what is marketed to them? Sex, violence, and drugs. It's easy to say that they had a choice; they did. But when there very moral understanding and standards have been twisted, from a very young age, by a culture of gratuity, violence, selfishness, how in the hell are the good choices even going to be a part of their mindset? Kids absorb whatever they see the most, and that is not their parents nowadays. The environment they interact in and the culture and entertainment that pervades everywhere they go out beats the amount of time spent at home, in the care of parents. Even at home, the violent, sex addicted drug culture beats out ll other possible free time activities. Simple. They absorb this from an early age, and it gets worse. The parents themselves absorb this at their own early age, and grow up to see it as normal.

Can't we see this?

I can see it plain as day, its an incremental decline. And like someone previously pointed out, its white kids that make up the majority in hip hop crowds these days, so the social engineering doesnt restrict itself to race, nor class. We are all brainwashed, and even I find myself getting dragged in by the bullsh1t from time to time, have have to slap myself out of it. EVERY POPULAR CULTURE be it music, film, games or tv has progressively declined to appeal to the basest instincts.

Is it a coincidence that as the quality and moral value of whats shown in the media declines, so does the kids behaviour and mental stability?
Always being told that "if they arent a celebrity then they are nothing".

How would you feel in a world that treated you as nothing?
The kids are victims, people of my generation are the criminals, for letting this happen in the first place.
The real problem is that most of my generation and the one before dont even realise there is a problem let alone being the cause of it.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion

Originally posted by bellagirl
this story is massive news here in australia.

i was actually going to post this story yesterday...but i had such angry feelings i couldnt.

he was only back home here last week with his american girlfriend.

yes...it can happen anywhere, but america...its time you took a good look at yourself.

I'm sorry that he died, But don't come on here acting as if no one commits murder in austratia and murder isn't a contest people, stop seeing which country has the highest murder rate.

As far as whos fault it is...That's easy, it's those three kids fault and not the parents, video games, the town or boredom.

yes it can happen anywhere. but if you are american, you need to take a long hard look at yourself and see what your country is becoming.

if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....its usually a duck.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

The real problem is that most of my generation and the one before dont even realise there is a problem let alone being the cause of it.

That’s one of the saddest and most depressing truths I’ve read on here in a long long time.

I want to go back and read what you wrote again - there’s a lot a good insight there and I respect that. I’ll answer after I’ve had some sleep but I wanted to let you know before I hit the sheets that I really appreciate your post even if the truth in the content is just appalling.

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright
THIS IS WHAT YOUR ANCESTORS and perhaps some of us, have made!

This country was built off the backs of black slavery and the thanks given them was butts to kiss and racism. They were then hoarded into ghettos, not given education, not given jobs, and we wonder why things are the way they are?

It's so nice of you to forget that there were slaves of other skin colors in this nation to thump your chest about your ancestors.

Do you even know if any of your ancestors were actually slaves, or just making that assumption due to being a multi-generational black person in America? I can validate that my ancestors came over as Irish indentured servants and lived as slaves. So... should i join the thug culture and demand reparations too?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Yes, the lesser of the two evils is what I chose. Give the shooter death. The old ‘why we dropped The A Bomb’ rationalization. Take a life to save many more in the future.

That says it all. And you think, you are a Christian?

Probably you can ask your priest for pardon everytime you did something wrong.

But let me tell you: There is no excuse for the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And there is no excuse to kill anybody, because you think they deserve it. You started with "Killers deserve death" and now you say "It was okay to bomb thousands of innocent people away".

You sound more like a satanist than a Christian.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkingRelentlessly

Sorry dude, i didn't read any of that in Buttercookie's post.

Nor is that there.

So what was the n word originally used for? What did it mean? So now that time has progressed, we are still going to take that same horrible word, and use it for anybody who acts violent or immature? Wouldn't the race that the word was originally created for still be a residual reminder of the racism it represented? Who has the authority to switch this racist word's original meaning, which was to dehumanize and ostracize blacks, to violent or stupid blacks, or violent or stupid people?

I'm losing faith in a large portion of people every day..,.,

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

So your whole premise is that people can't think for themselves? You are saying a whole culture has been brainwashed by who? The man?

What does that say about the intellect of that culture? If a bit of rap music is going to turn an entire culture into a savage, murdering race of people that can't think for themselves then maybe they are not ready for civilized society?

I am just not buying your whole, "I can't take personal responsibility" for my actions premise.

Lean Forward my arse.. To much leaning around here and not enough standing tall..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Well as someone who walked the paths I would say a great majority of what you are is your environment and the social atmosphere there in. Not making any excuses for these kids or anybody or any of them, but to say that your environment and social atmosphere does not contribute to this sort of thing happening is faulty, that and not only is a majority of it by design, it sort of replicates itself and reproduces itself over and over in time becoming what people would term normal behavior or at least for those caught in the machinations, from an outside view things look different no doubt, but that's like a difference of looking at hyenas at the zoo and being dropped off in the middle of the Serengeti and getting a closer look of them type of difference.

What I am saying is sure you grew up poor and got out of it, but can you get out of it when you got a gun pointed to your head and everybody you knew was either a drug dealer a crackhead or a wanna be gangsta rapper. And like I said I knew some of these people, and they are scummy to say the least, some the only thing that would happen if given the opportunity to do better is that they will just take there behavior to a whole another level, so ya hey lets make them all governors and presidents and head honchos at corporations and see what happens.
Besides the whole school situation is a problem in and of itself, main problem being as its not really all the effectual, its why the trade schools are so much more popular and much more effectual, as they actually cater to an economy and populous and there needs. And as you know, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results

Besides what are we all to become rocket scientists or professors, you know it is not logical. Besides if that were to happen our whole society would fall apart because somebody has to do all the work and jobs which keep it running. On a side note these ganstar types can become rocket scientists, there are drugs out there which sort of turn you into a zombie in some things but make you extremely focused and able to suck up data like a sponge it can not do anything outside your normal mental faculties but it just makes you extremely focused, you could literally take the drugs go to class and memorize and ingrain all that info into your brain even without grasping what it all means.

I know that are people already using this very thing to get through collage and such, I also used to know a guy who dabbled into these sort of drugs and every morning he would have people or even school kids hitting him up for the drugs. Some were just everyday people who had a few jobs and school on the side and were looking for something to keep them up all that time, others were business men just going about there daily grinds, and a variety of other peoples, the market for drugs are very much varied, and not all of them are the make you go to la la land types. If somebody did a study of them all and compared that to how many students are using some of these drugs which make you super focused in school to pass the classes and memorize fact and random data you would be surprised, because yes there is a market for that to just like there is a market for text books.

But in the end the pushers and enablers are still coming out $$ on top over the doers. Its kind of like selling self help books, the ones who published them and made them made there fortunes not on the things they talk about, but on getting people to buy the books which tell them how to do something they have never done before.
Salesmanship 101.

But anyways carry on there ProfEmeritus.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Oh please, study after study proves that communities with the least gun control laws have the lowest crime rate. If these punks had not had a gun they would have just clubbed him or slit his throat. That's what a lack of morality does to youth.

This is all about a society that pumps out freaks on TV, horror, violence, and mahem with no idea of consequences. These kids probably thought they would not get caught and if caught do time in juvie. I hope they get a nice big gf in prison for the next 30 years and then die of aids.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join