It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Okla. Teens Killed Baseball Player 'for Fun'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Cris Lane, a young Australian man who was in the US on a baseball scholarship is dead because three bored teenagers decided to kill somebody for fun. Police say a 17-year-old has confessed to the murder and two accomplices, ages 15 and 16, are also in custody.
link

The link goes on to say these murderers will be tried as adults but not face the death penalty.

WHY NOT! That's criminal. Absolutely criminal these pieces of waste will not face the needle. They should be eligible for the death penalty and that they‘re not - Chris Lane - brutally murdered did die in vain. Those murderers should by hung. Period.

My God where is all this hate coming from. I just don't get it. My mind is blown at this point. Or maybe that's my heart that's blown, I don't know. I just don't know.

peace

edit on 20-8-2013 by silo13 because: photo add

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Chief Ford said: 'He went by a residence where these three boys were, they picked him as a target, they went out and got in a vehicle and followed him.

'(They) came up from behind and basically shot him in the back with a small calibre weapon, then sped away.'

Witnesses saw him stumble across the road and collapse in the gutter.

This little pukes couldn't even face him? Shot him in the back? And they're not facing the death penalty!!!???

link

Edit to add:

According to police investigators, one of the alleged killers had left a chilling message on Facebook prior to the shooting.

It read: 'Bang. Two drops in two hours.'

The three suspects, aged 15, 16 and 17, have been arrested.

According to Sky News, the 16-year-old allegedly confessed to the killing saying it had been done 'for the fun of it'.

The three are due to face first degree murder charges, which carry a potential death penalty in Oklahoma.

This article states there is a death penalty in OK., but the other article said they would not be facing it? I'll have to do some more info searching.

peace

edit on 20-8-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

A young Australian man who was in the US on a baseball scholarship is dead because three bored teenagers decided to kill somebody for fun. Police say a 17-year-old has confessed to the murder and two accomplices, ages 15 and 16, are also in custody.
link

The link goes on to say these murderers will be tried as adults but not face the death penalty.

WHY NOT!

My God where is all this hate coming from. I just don't get it. My mind is blown at this point. Or maybe that's my heart that's blown, I don't know. I just don't know.

They should be eligible for the death penalty and that they‘re not? The poor guy who was brutally murdered really did die in vain.

Those murderers should by hung. Period.

peace

As much as we want to say it's parenting, we have to look and the ideas presented here by fellow ATS members. Whole societies are being manipulated. Just think. How did we go from what looked like a peaceful nation to one that love... GTA, Lady gaga, ghetto'ness, etc. We are only human, corruption lives in all of us but are we feeding it?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

This little pukes couldn't even face him? Shot him in the back? And they're not facing the death penalty!!!???

Are you kidding me? This is the land of the free. The home of the brave. I just read about some some woman in Texas was angry that her 4 year old grandson was raped twice and they let the rapist back in school because he was special needs.
edit on 20-8-2013 by CatherineWheel because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

You’re right - it isn’t just parenting. It’s everything. You can’t look around without sex, violence and filth spewing right before your eyes. There’s nothing decent left in the world - or very little. No attempt made at giving ‘youth’ anything decent to follow. Anything wholesome and good.

(The rest of this post isn't necessarily directed at you Antipathy)

And yeah, I’m going to say it - and why - because the facts of history prove it. The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them. If you don’t like my opinion I could give a flying Frisbee. Facts are facts. Wake up people. You might not like it - you might think you’re oh so witty and suave to joke about God as the ‘imaginary friend in the sky’ but you know what? You’re wrong.

And if you’re not? Follow the filth. Follow it right back to when the USA was a good place to live. Where kids had respect and cared. Follow the filth right back to what - that times changes when the Church and Family was juggled way down the list of priorities after television, video games, head-banger hate music, free-sex, etc.

If you don’t believe it’s the lack of practicing Christianity that has the USA (humanity) in the mess it‘s in? How about telling us what you think the cause may be. That would be an interesting debate. You already know where I’m coming from. Have at it.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm counting on the next meteor flying over the US. In Islamic countries they don't play around with rapists and murderers. They execute them in public.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Antipathy17

How did we go from what looked like a peaceful nation to one that love..

America has never been a peaceful nation. I guess you're reading a history book with rose colored glasses.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

America has never been a peaceful nation. I guess you're reading a history book with rose colored glasses.

Oh please - I'm talking about within the USA not without.
If you can't see the difference between families in the USA even as little as 20 years ago - and now? It's you who's wearing 'glasses'.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them.

Um...the USA is full of Christians, it is the dominant religion.

But anyway, more secular countries have a MUCH lower crime rate than America so.......

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CatherineWheel

I'm counting on the next meteor flying over the US. In Islamic countries they don't play around with rapists and murderers. They execute them in public.

Ya know - that's almost preferable. Almost. Not quite. But almost.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

If you can't see the difference between families in the USA even as little as 20 years ago - and now? It's you who's wearing 'glasses'.

No, I don't see one. Violent crime here is actually at record lows.....

Aren't you Italian anyway?...what do you know about Americans and American culture throughout the decades?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

If you don’t believe it’s the lack of practicing Christianity that has the USA (humanity) in the mess it‘s in? How about telling us what you think the cause may be. That would be an interesting debate. You already know where I’m coming from. Have at it.

peace

No. It's not the lack of "Christianity". Plenty of Christians kill folks every day and many even get paid for it with our taxes. For all you know, these kids were church goers.

I think it's what the kid said; "they were bored". There is such a staleness in the world today that kids just go around in circles until they go insane. Most kids only see their parents scraping by and see nothing better for themselves. Just mindless toil until they get lucky with a terminal illness. There is no love. In those small rural towns, there is nothing to do but score meth and wait until the next opening at the crap mill. Something breaks. They lose empathy. They no longer feel they have a future to secure so they will throw it away in evil ways.

I don't know what the solution is. When society is doing well, kids that are broken like these ones can still get by and not snap. As society breaks down and settles into depressing grinds, the threshold for going ape-# gets lower and lower.

Some people are simply wired wrong but, if there are three of them involved, I'm willing to bet that town has a lot to do with it. There's no excuse for this at all but there are a lot of factors involved when a person goes evil.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

But anyway, more secular countries have a MUCH lower crime rate than America so.......

Whether or not secular countries have a lower crime rate or not doesn't really matter now does it. We're talking about the USA that's never been 'secular'. It’s the change in that cultural norm that (seems) to be the change for the worse.

More so though I’m remarking on the lack of compassion and ‘heart’ in young people not the crime rate.

But, trying to salvage something from this discussion - If it’s not the lack of the Church then what is it? The lack of caring? The lack of backbone - something every American seems to be suffering from. What is it that would send three young men out to shoot and kill someone for FUN?

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

You make some great points.

Thanks for the reply and staying ‘cool’ about it. I’ve got to run at the moment but I’ll answer in more depth later. Just wanted to let you know I appreciate your tone and content of your post before I head out.

peace

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by silo13

The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them.

Um...the USA is full of Christians, it is the dominant religion.

Are you talking about Benny Hinn's invisible chi whammies or Oral Roberts claims that God needed 7 million dollars or God was going to bring him back home in a divine extortion plot?

What Christians?

I haven't seen any around here in this country for a while.

Guess who else has a lower violent crime rate than America. Most Islamic nations. Their murder rates in Saudi Arabia make America look like a machete party in a football field in Africa between the Tootsies and the Hutus.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
Just mindless toil until they get lucky with a terminal illness.

That's funny, I think something similar. Make them paraplegics with mild intellectual disability. Would probably cost less than incarceration. ha.

Now they'll just get more hardcore.. all bro'd up. and the farce continues..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You really don't have to look very hard, just go back to 1963 where they removed the bible, prayer and the Ten Commandments from the schools and shortly thereafter the courts. It went down hill from there and is still falling. Las Vegas prides itself on being called "Sin City" and says; what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. All the while promoting all manor of immoral behavior. Even Ted Kopel said that the Ten Commandments were not ten suggestions.

The US used to be a beacon of hope but now a place unfit to hold the torch. Corruption is rampant throughout the system, the patient is dying of a cancer that has eaten the moral life blood out of the nation. Yet when the disease is pointed out and the cure put forth, it is denied and the cure rejected.

So today we have three teenagers that have murdered a young man for fun...what part of THOU SHALT NOT KILL do they not understand.

Please do not try and blame the parents, schools or some other lame excuse. They are old enough to know better, they are not little kids. You are fully aware of what is right or wrong by age 12 unless you are mentally impaired in this regard. They should face the full weight of the law and its punishment.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

its great how everyone has an alibi with the help of christian beliefs, and how parenting is at fault, and this and that, those three men are low life bastards, and they need to be jailed for 2 yrs and brouht back to court and re trialed and hung..... end of their #...... if everyone is going to talk big and america does a lot of that, then get big and do the above and move on...

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   
this story is massive news here in australia.

i was actually going to post this story yesterday...but i had such angry feelings i couldnt.

he was only back home here last week with his american girlfriend.

yes...it can happen anywhere, but america...its time you took a good look at yourself.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Why did no one bring up the obvious reason?

The gun culture in America. The glorification of the gun..etc.

But the gun enthusiasts will say and do anything to avoid the obvious connection.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join