It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Okla. Teens Killed Baseball Player 'for Fun'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Now we wait for inevitable media tirade blaming violent video games.

There is no one cause for this sad event, just the convergence of all that's wrong with modern society.

I doubt these kids will ride the lightning, The defendants lawyers will be pushing for them to be tried as minors, and I hope that doesn't save them from a life sentence. They'll cry and blubber at the stand while apologizing for what they did, then come to the sudden revelation that what they did was wrong, which is a pointless exercise.

As the Aussie band the Cruel Sea once sung, "You better get a lawyer son, you better get a reeeealll gooood one.."

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onslaught2996
Why did no one bring up the obvious reason?

The gun culture in America. The glorification of the gun..etc.

But the gun enthusiasts will say and do anything to avoid the obvious connection.

this is the exact reason i didnt post yesterday. i would have brought up the whole gun culture thing and been shot down in flames by gun lovers and i felt this would violate his memory.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Antipathy17

You’re right - it isn’t just parenting. It’s everything. You can’t look around without sex, violence and filth spewing right before your eyes. There’s nothing decent left in the world - or very little. No attempt made at giving ‘youth’ anything decent to follow. Anything wholesome and good.

(The rest of this post isn't necessarily directed at you Antipathy)

And yeah, I’m going to say it - and why - because the facts of history prove it. The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them. If you don’t like my opinion I could give a flying Frisbee. Facts are facts. Wake up people. You might not like it - you might think you’re oh so witty and suave to joke about God as the ‘imaginary friend in the sky’ but you know what? You’re wrong.

And if you’re not? Follow the filth. Follow it right back to when the USA was a good place to live. Where kids had respect and cared. Follow the filth right back to what - that times changes when the Church and Family was juggled way down the list of priorities after television, video games, head-banger hate music, free-sex, etc.

If you don’t believe it’s the lack of practicing Christianity that has the USA (humanity) in the mess it‘s in? How about telling us what you think the cause may be. That would be an interesting debate. You already know where I’m coming from. Have at it.

peace

Disclaimer: I have not read the entire thread. However it's nature is inflammatory so I feel justified jumping in wherever I feel I have a relevant response. So here goes:
Yes, you are right that in a certain amount of time the predominate religion of the predominate legislature was Christian. And a lot of laws were passed in a Christian frame of mind when our own Bill of Rights guaranteed everyone the right to worship as they will, and our Constitution defined the difference between Church and State. If you follow those guidelines you can be called all sorts of names but follow you will and you will arrive at a small federal government which allows a lot of individual power to the individual State. We have allowed Presidents too much power in the past 40 or more years, we have allowed our educational system to quit teaching government in our schools,, we have allowed the media to quit reporting, we have allowed ourselves to fall into a state of mental numbness that we don't make our own governments whether they are local, or County, or State, or Federal ACCOUNTABLE to their oath because we longer know what that oath is.
A lot of people make fun of the protests that went on in the 1960's, but interestingly enough, they are reappearing today.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by missvicky

reply to post by Antipathy17

You’re right - it isn’t just parenting. It’s everything. You can’t look around without sex, violence and filth spewing right before your eyes. There’s nothing decent left in the world - or very little. No attempt made at giving ‘youth’ anything decent to follow. Anything wholesome and good.

(The rest of this post isn't necessarily directed at you Antipathy)

And yeah, I’m going to say it - and why - because the facts of history prove it. The USA opted out of Christianity and look what it got them. If you don’t like my opinion I could give a flying Frisbee. Facts are facts. Wake up people. You might not like it - you might think you’re oh so witty and suave to joke about God as the ‘imaginary friend in the sky’ but you know what? You’re wrong.

And if you’re not? Follow the filth. Follow it right back to when the USA was a good place to live. Where kids had respect and cared. Follow the filth right back to what - that times changes when the Church and Family was juggled way down the list of priorities after television, video games, head-banger hate music, free-sex, etc.

If you don’t believe it’s the lack of practicing Christianity that has the USA (humanity) in the mess it‘s in? How about telling us what you think the cause may be. That would be an interesting debate. You already know where I’m coming from. Have at it.

peace

Disclaimer: I have not read the entire thread. However it's nature is inflammatory so I feel justified jumping in wherever I feel I have a relevant response. So here goes:
Yes, you are right that in a certain amount of time the predominate religion of the predominate legislature was Christian. And a lot of laws were passed in a Christian frame of mind when our own Bill of Rights guaranteed everyone the right to worship as they will, and our Constitution defined the difference between Church and State. If you follow those guidelines you can be called all sorts of names but follow you will and you will arrive at a small federal government which allows a lot of individual power to the individual State. We have allowed Presidents too much power in the past 40 or more years, we have allowed our educational system to quit teaching government in our schools,, we have allowed the media to quit reporting, we have allowed ourselves to fall into a state of mental numbness that we don't make our own governments whether they are local, or County, or State, or Federal ACCOUNTABLE to their oath because we longer know what that oath is.
A lot of people make fun of the protests that went on in the 1960's, but interestingly enough, they are reappearing today.

Accountability....I thought that golf carts and SUV's were top priority. Do our legislators even have to show up for work?

They aren't on a time clock are they?

But when they are on duty you better be sure they are implementing liberal justice.

Give the criminals more rights than the victims. America. Love it or leave it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by silo13

If you can't see the difference between families in the USA even as little as 20 years ago - and now? It's you who's wearing 'glasses'.

No, I don't see one. Violent crime here is actually at record lows.....

Yep, it has been at or near record lows for years. It does seem that when it happens it is more extreme than ever. Then again, maybe it is just the extreme that gets reported more often.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Having some fun being a coward. These three should be swinging in a week for that but times have changed.

The state can take care of them for 60 years, battle their future filing of civil rights issues, appeals and why 'we don't haz better TV and food' in prison.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Having some fun being a coward. These three should be swinging in a week for that but times have changed.

The state can take care of them for 60 years, battle their future filing of civil rights issues, appeals and why 'we don't haz better TV and food' in prison.

I wonder why they don't want democracy in Egypt.

I hope they don't take American removal of assistance personally.

They deal harshly with violence in Islamic countries.

Can you imagine an armed uprising against an American president? And we are thinking of aiding Syrian rebels.

Shrug.

When you are on defense, no matter how bad you don't like the other guy, your actions are always justified.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
When I was growing up, not only did my parents raise me to have respect and compassion for people, I spent the first 5 or 6 years of schooling in a catholic school. There was no tolerance whatsoever for any kind of disrespect or violence for your fellow classmates. Even calling someone a bad name was a no no and the whole class would have a discussion and talking to about it. You don't have to be religous to appreciate the wisdom there.

Even after school hours, we had organizations that offered things for kids for free or low cost. When I got to regular school I couldn't believe the difference. Kids had knives and fights all the time, kids were bullied and beat up.

Today there is so much violence and a lack of compassion and empathy. We need to keep our kids on a path of wisdom and compassion. We need to give them hope for their futures and help light their way.
edit on 20-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I love all these grand explanations for the behavior of these lunatics.

Sex, video games, TV, music, family breakdown, religion, etc....

They're just three apathetic psychos who need to be put down.
edit on 20-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstrron
reply to post by silo13

You really don't have to look very hard, just go back to 1963 where they removed the bible, prayer and the Ten Commandments from the schools and shortly thereafter the courts. It went down hill from there and is still falling. Las Vegas prides itself on being called "Sin City" and says; what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. All the while promoting all manor of immoral behavior. Even Ted Kopel said that the Ten Commandments were not ten suggestions.

The US used to be a beacon of hope but now a place unfit to hold the torch. Corruption is rampant throughout the system, the patient is dying of a cancer that has eaten the moral life blood out of the nation. Yet when the disease is pointed out and the cure put forth, it is denied and the cure rejected.

So today we have three teenagers that have murdered a young man for fun...what part of THOU SHALT NOT KILL do they not understand.

Please do not try and blame the parents, schools or some other lame excuse. They are old enough to know better, they are not little kids. You are fully aware of what is right or wrong by age 12 unless you are mentally impaired in this regard. They should face the full weight of the law and its punishment.

I agree with a couple of your points, but, the "thou shalt not kill" aspect, has been a staple commandment that has NEVER been adhered to in this nation.

The mere fact that we have a military industrial complex shows that we have NEVER, EVER followed that commandment. Not as a nation. And this particular country has been founded on murder from the first day it was colonized. So, let's be realistic here...this place is born of hell...and YOU'RE IN IT.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUSLY HIDEOUS.

However . . . it is a logical result of trashing sound foundational eternal values.

Just as the globalist oligarchy has been doing for more than 60 years.

They WANT chaos, mayhem, murder, anarchy in the streets to bring the Republic to a pile of ashes.

All the easier for them to erect their NWO tyranny on top of ashes than a robust culture we once enjoyed in the USA.

I, too, am outraged at this murder. I pray all concerned are brought to emphatic and fitting justice.

Sadly, I'm concerned that the globalist oligarchy has scheduled the genocidal murder of millions of Aussies when their WW3 gets going full blast. They WANT genocide to reduce the global population to 200-500 million. And China wants the Australian land.

It's clear from the picture you posted that the murder victim was a decent bloke.

What grief. GRRR.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by silo13

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUSLY HIDEOUS.

However . . . it is a logical result of trashing sound foundational eternal values.

Just as the globalist oligarchy has been doing for more than 60 years.

They WANT chaos, mayhem, murder, anarchy in the streets to bring the Republic to a pile of ashes.

All the easier for them to erect their NWO tyranny on top of ashes than a robust culture we once enjoyed in the USA.

I, too, am outraged at this murder. I pray all concerned are brought to emphatic and fitting justice.

Sadly, I'm concerned that the globalist oligarchy has scheduled the genocidal murder of millions of Aussies when their WW3 gets going full blast. They WANT genocide to reduce the global population to 200-500 million. And China wants the Australian land.

It's clear from the picture you posted that the murder victim was a decent bloke.

What grief. GRRR.

Maybe we need to quit always blaming the global elites for the things that people WILLINGLY choose to do. Its like saying that people no longer have free will and that they're all being puppeted to do things outside of their own worldly understanding.

One other thing...if 7 billion people can be utterly controlled by about 4,000...then, it had to be a collective decision of sorts. When these people bomb and destroy other nations, I watch nearly half of this nation support it without doing any research. When I see us overrunning countries that we have no business being in with the full support of "The People," then I realize that the ELITES might actually be enslaved to OUR WILL, which is the VERY REASON why they have to literally sell us on the wars that they want to pursue.

ITS US...NOT THEM.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Cops: Okla. Teens Killed Baseball Player 'for Fun'

What do you expect in a country that glorifies machismo, violence, power, and where winning is the only option? Add to that a culture that practically worships guns and you have all the elements in place for these types of crimes to become almost common place.

Doesn't it seem odd to anyone that in America our mainstream entertainment usually involves violence of some sort but when you show a bare breast or the human body it needs to be censored. That's insanity!!

We have met the enemy and he is us....pogo

edit on 20-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
And imediatly the police say it "was not a hate crime".
How could they come to that so fast in an investigation?
In the first hour they rule that out.He just happened to be white.
Yea ,ok.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

You know I have never understood that mentality. Of attack first.

When I was on defense in my youth when fights were a yearly occurrence the fact that I was in the right gave me the motivation to win the fight.

The bully unless he is a coward and brought friends and made the fight uneven will often lose to a motivated person who was on defense.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Where is Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, etc? If Obama had a son, would he look like the victim? Ya, I know. According to the article, it wasn't "racial". But believe me, if the victim was African-American and the three perps were white, the left would be screaming at the top of their lungs ala GZ and TM.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This is what you get when you become a society of "no consequences."
You can't discipline your child any more. That's child abuse.

30 years ago, more kids had to work, if they wanted a car, special clothing, ect. Now, it seems to be a rare thing, them having to work for anything, and there sure are more material things for them to covet.

While I think these kids do need a minimum of life in prison, just think how much of a shock to their system that life is going to be. As young as they are, they are in for a rude awakening.
Too bad this poor young man and his family had to be the cause of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Winning is the only option? What?
We don't even keep score anymore, it might hurt someones feelings.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe that poor education, poor parenting, and a terrible thinking skills, lead to the action of 3 kids taking a life for NO reason. If this isnt telling anyone where the youth is heading in this country, then I dont know what will.

Just the other day in the city I live in, A boy used a machete on two guys and cut both there throats. The two men lost there lives, and there was so much blood, the firefighters spent two hours washing it off the street. He did it because, he played a Video Game that had that kill in it, and wondered what it would feel like.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The link goes on to say these murderers will be tried as adults but not face the death penalty.

WHY NOT! That's criminal. Absolutely criminal these pieces of waste will not face the needle. They should be eligible for the death penalty and that they‘re not - Chris Lane - brutally murdered did die in vain. Those murderers should by hung. Period.

Clearly this is the fault of society, the gun culture, and violence in television and movies, these are disadvantaged youths. They need better education, healthcare, more job opportunities than the more advantaged youths elsewhere. They need to live in a society where guns are banned, and violence in entertainment is illegal... Obviously it's our fault, not theirs.

/sarcasm
edit on 20-8-2013 by ausername because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join