It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New low for the Tea Party

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by crazyewok

It is not the responsibility of the tax payer to take care of others.
Nor, is it the responsibility of the tax payer to provide people with answers in how to get a job and/or keep said job.
Nor should the Govt be involved in either.

If you care about them so much, you do it.

Buts its too late now.

You cut support too 100milion jobless without creating 100 million jobs and you are talking about collapse of law and order. Yeah heavy reliance on welfare is a bad thing. But you cant say F you go without and get a job, not now, not until you FIX CERTAIN PROBLEMS.

And what about the vulnrable and ill? You really ok cutting them adrift?
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There is some good discussion going here so I hate to go back to the OP topic and point out the obvious here but….What does this silly letter have to do with the Tea Party?

What makes the content suspect right from the start is the original story title:

A New Low For Tea Bagger Bigots: Public Shaming Of The Disabled

Any evidence?? Did I miss it somewhere?? I’m a Tea Party member who gets emails all the time and I’ve never seen this.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
[q

They don't know anyone on welfare,

Yeah err hate to break it too you but UK has same problems

But guess I cant expect you to know about anything outside your own state.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And what about the vulnrable and ill?
Those are the only people we should be subsidizing. I don’t see anything wrong with cutting the rest off.

The system wasn’t designed to support hundreds of millions….it was designed to support 2-4% of citizens who can’t support themselves. As far as unemployment, there has to be a limit. I don’t live in DC; I live in the real world, so I understand there is no limitless supply of money. What Obama and his ilk are doing is unsustainable. We can make tough choices now or collapse later....that's what it comes down to.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

And yes you maybe be able to get rid of say 10? maybe 20 million that way? There is still not enough crap jobs for the majority.

So your saying that 80 million Americans out of a country of 310 million are 'disabled' ?

Not likely in fact those rolls could be cut down to 20-30 million at a substantial savings.

Yeah when the population was half the size, the country half unexplored and oppunitys abounded, plus in a day and age when healthcare was primative and cheap. So say up until 1920's. The world has changed,

Nope same as it ever was people living beyond their means, and expecting others to pay for there existence.

As already said it is not the role of government to provide corporate products, and fiat currency to the mob.

NEVER HAS BEEN.

1) Internatinal Forum

Yep it is an international forum where Britian's living beyond its means is on display, and the failiing ideology behind that was also on display.

Britians welfare system is not a bad ?

LOL that was funny.

3) Within the next 18 months I will possibly be expanding part of my buisness to the USA creating some valuble jobs So I have a vested intrest in the USA not crashing and burning.

Don't care.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

[q

They don't know anyone on welfare,

Yeah err hate to break it too you but UK has same problems

But guess I cant expect you to know about anything outside your own state.

Quite wrong as usual

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So your saying that 80 million Americans out of a country of 310 million are 'disabled' ?

Im talking about unemployed.

Nope same as it ever was people living beyond their means, and expecting others to pay for there existence.

When it comes to the govemnet paying for luxorys then no I dont agree. But to stop people starving to death who cant find work because there is no work well I think there has to be some net, at least until the job problem is fixed.

Yep it is an international forum where Britian's living beyond its means is on display, and the failiing ideology behind that was also on display.

Britians welfare system is not a bad ?

LOL that was funny.

Actually our debt problem is big but has stablised. Unlike the US which is still balloning. And welfare is not whats costing the money its bank ballouts.

Don't care.

Very ignorant and short sighted of you. Seeing as you want people to get jobs and I will be offering hopefully at least 5 jobs. Ok 5 not at lot but a thousand like me could employ a whole town.
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
What is going to sadly amazing is when the money stops all these freeloaders will suddenly be able to work! They will be able to violently riot and steal from those who have character and pride in contributing and making their way. Really disabled people tend to want to work, and do not want to live off of the system.

I remember when ADHD got a special SS disability and it probably still does. What these people don't realize is all of these will be called mentally disabled and have no right to own a gun. The systemic methods to take our freedoms have been built over decades and we are about to see the fruition of their efforts very soon when the crisis hits as planned!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

And what about the vulnrable and ill?
Those are the only people we should be subsidizing. I don’t see anything wrong with cutting the rest off.

The system wasn’t designed to support hundreds of millions….it was designed to support 2-4% of citizens who can’t support themselves. As far as unemployment, there has to be a limit. I don’t live in DC; I live in the real world, so I understand there is no limitless supply of money. What Obama and his ilk are doing is unsustainable. We can make tough choices now or collapse later....that's what it comes down to.

No I agree there has to be a limit to unemployment help. But what Im saying is you cant start cutting help till you get those on welfare in work cause if you cut the net then these people wont just die queitly.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Logarock

She was a liberal then and a liberal now... that isn't left.

Liberal isn't left? Are you trying to redifine politics again?

You can call her left, liberal, prog, marxist or whatever you'd like. It doesn't matter because they can all be summed up in three words……WRONG FOR AMERICA!

If Chicago, New York, Detroit and San Francisco (all left-leaning meccas) are the model for our country then we haven't seen misery yet - Give it time!

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

No I agree there has to be a limit to unemployment help. But what Im saying is you cant start cutting help till you get those on welfare in work cause if you cut the net then these people wont just die queitly.

No, they will amazingly make due just like generations before. It’s not the role of government to create jobs or find people jobs. A lot of these holier-than-thou college grads need to suck it up and grab a job flipping burgers or stocking shelves rather than complaining. My grandfather worked 3 jobs for nearly 40 years. I work 2 jobs now and have since 2009. Bunch of poooozys in this country today.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Tough titties.

Tax dollars, OUR tax dollars were never intended on providing the crap for people that the Govt dishes out.

Cold turkey is a hell of a way to go, but is necessary.

The money stolen from me, is crushing me and my family. I don't go to work to provide for everyone else.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I agree to a point.
The line between normal and mentally ill and such needs to be very very very distinct.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeoThom

Unless I see you doing such, I would not know what you are smoking. Here say is not admissible in court, and we should at least in this day and age demand proof, more than just a picture of a sheet of paper that does not say it is from any Tea Party organization.

If that can be produced, then there would be something that should gather attention. If anything this reminds me of something that occurred in the recent past, where people were releasing information about illegal immigrants in a neighborhood/city, names and addresses. Is this a case similar to that?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeoThom
reply to post by sdcigarpig

What am I smoking...?
A Pall Mall Blue 100.
I do not drink Kool-Aid, as you so eloquently stated.

And I figure you would want to take my 1st amendment away from me as well?
Just Who are you anyway?
Do you even know?
Bye...

This what meant for me, so I'll take it up here... working in reverse order to your points. Firstly, I have no desire to infringe on your First Amendment rights - you are completely entitled to sound uneducated, ill-informed and out of touch! It is your right and millions of Americans died fighting for them. That said, Whereas you are entitled to your own opinions, you are not entitled to your own facts. The fact that you can't seem to comprehend that Congress' "Approval rating" is in the low teens summarizes all I need to know about your grasp of the facts.

Now, "Who am I?" Well, first, I am a TAX-PAYER. I pay for the crap that Congress does against our will. Secondly, I am a small business owner who is being suffocated by the government who does NOT listen to us. Finally, I am a citizen who is paying attention - the opposite of you.

Finally, I meant what were you smoking BEFORE the Pall Mall!?!?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

WHoever wrote the letter is an idiot on multiple fronts...and a coward to boot....and Ben Franklin never said anything of the sort.

It was first MISS-Atributed to Franklen in 1988...

Later in 2000 it was MISS-Attributed to Alexander Tytler...a Scottish writer.

BUT...there are NO SOURCES showing the qoute linked to anyone before 1988...

It was political propaganda...manufactured for just the purpose it is used for.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I say it is about damn time.

Lazy liberals wanting to contribute nothing and live off the backs of hard working people.
The system is broken because of people like you.

More taxes won't fix it. Obama only widens the gap. What a useless piece of crap.

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I agree to a point.
The line between normal and mentally ill and such needs to be very very very distinct.

I agree! Maybe I wasn’t specific enough.

A guy/gal who is truly disabled (broken back, quadriplegic, serious mental retardation, etc) should get help because that’s what the system was designed for.

Some jackarse who finds it easier to keep having children because it pays more (
) or collects disability for phony mental trauma or faked injury but works just fine for cash off the book!! NOPE!! These types of people should be exposed! Insurance companies expose these idiots all day long. Why can’t the fed do it? The answer is – THE FED doesn’t WANT to do it; they’ve created a dependent class of voters!

edit on 12-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Such as?

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
To demonstrate the poorly educated masses that make up the tea party, I will highlight a part of a comment within the comments section

Well, that's always a SUPER idea... Take a single part of an anonymous post on some website and then attribute the snippet to an entire population of people. Not like that would be a "Hasty Generalization" or something!

And all of that while offering editorial on someone else's "intelligence". I can assure that the irony wasn't lost on me!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join