It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

New low for the Tea Party

page: 8
32
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeoThom
reply to post by sdcigarpig
 

What am I smoking...?
A Pall Mall Blue 100.
I do not drink Kool-Aid, as you so eloquently stated.

And I figure you would want to take my 1st amendment away from me as well?
Just Who are you anyway?
Do you even know?
Bye...


I smoke L&M blue, that are made by the same company as are Marlboros.....my two bad habits left over from my youth...smoking (cigarettes) and drinking wine a few times a week.....oh, and one other bad habit I have, still thinking that I can band together with some of my fellow right-wing colleagues on ATS to make this nation a better place for everyone




posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by jimmyx
 


Ah Yes !!

And as we see, it was an ultra Left Wing source that blames the wrong people as usual.

Therefore, it MUST be the Liberals out there that are at fault.

No other logical conclusion is possible





you wouldn't know an ultra-left-winger if you saw him....because there isn't any....the only ultra-left-winger that I know that that speaks with some sanity and coherency, is Noam Chomsky....when's the last time you saw him on any type of public media?


The ultras are all around us, we see and hear them everyday. We have become so conditioned that we think its normal.
edit on 12-8-2013 by Logarock because: n


who are these "we" and please, by all means, point out the ultra-liberals in media that you see and hear everyday...not plain liberals but "ultra"....and why doesn't Noam Chomsky ever get invited to any liberal TV programs if they are so uber-liberal?...I think it's been so long since anyone has actually heard an ultra-liberal, that someone just left of center is now pigeon-holed into that catagory


"We" you and me. Didn't say we both know it but we hear it.

Noam never gets invited because they don't want to expose their Svengali or themselves when they are trying to play the moderate rational liberal. But I go back far enough to remember when todays basic liberal dish was considered crazy even by democrats.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

First of all there is no "the" (definite article) TEA party. There are hundreds of organic, grassroots TEA party groups operating independently in every state.


Yep.

Just like there is no "definite article" MacDonald's as they are all franchises.

All with the same Branding. All with the same Menu.......



What a silly non sequitur.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 


That is exactly right. It drives me crazy sometimes. The margin just keeps getting closer to the middle so that liberals (some of which are Republican) are labeled far left. True far left doesn't exist in this country save for a few individuals here and there and fringe groups and fringe media.

What's truly sad is that both sides are crying for liberty, we both recognize the conditioning tools... our elected officials, media ... we see the results cronyism yet we still can't stop sticking our tongues out at each other and calling names. Democrat officials hold one set of leashes and Republican officials another set and both just keep pulling our leashes shorter and shorter directed by the only real branch of government: The Corporate Branch. Is it any wonder the anti-corporate far Left was so completely stomped out?



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

First of all there is no "the" (definite article) TEA party. There are hundreds of organic, grassroots TEA party groups operating independently in every state.


Yep.

Just like there is no "definite article" MacDonald's as they are all franchises.

All with the same Branding. All with the same Menu.......



What a silly non sequitur.


Do you want fries with that?




posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
As a disabled veteran, I dare one of these "patriots" try it in my neighborhood. There are some disabilities you don't want to poke.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by jimmyx
 


That is exactly right. It drives me crazy sometimes. The margin just keeps getting closer to the middle so that liberals (some of which are Republican) are labeled far left. True far left doesn't exist in this country save for a few individuals here and there and fringe groups and fringe media.

What's truly sad is that both sides are crying for liberty, we both recognize the conditioning tools... our elected officials, media ... we see the results cronyism yet we still can't stop sticking our tongues out at each other and calling names. Democrat officials hold one set of leashes and Republican officials another set and both just keep pulling our leashes shorter and shorter directed by the only real branch of government: The Corporate Branch. Is it any wonder the anti-corporate far Left was so completely stomped out?



The anti cooperate far left "stomp out" as you call it is just a name the left gives its failure to win that war....so they fall back to a position of political victimization. Its a bunch of crap.

Just like this idea that the "far left" doesn't exist. The fact it exists in broad daylight and is the lefts primary victory for its efforts over the decades. It can and does now exist at least as a real platform in the american political theater. They defend themselves by saying the radicals are "over there" somewhere.....misdirection. They are able to do this because of a decades long conditioning program that has managed to move radical left ideas into the "margin closer to the middle".



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by BritofTexas
 


Still waiting on that proof that it was from a Tea Party member/group.



It won't be forthcoming. The whole thing is probably a hoax. I'm no tea party supporter, but certainly don't like any group to be accused of something without any proof. If not a hoax, just one sad human being with so little moral compass as to stoop to targeting individuals out of hatred.

I have a wide range of friends, some of which are tea party supporters. None would have done something like this. All of them are pretty good people. We have differing views on some things, but I don't choose my friends based on that.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
Having read the article and then doing a bit of research the following can be stated:

What proof that is the Tea Party or any group that has the name Tea Party in it, did indeed post these fliers around the city? There is nothing to state such, save the blogs of people who are against the Tea Party. A bit more proof would be required, before taking action against a group. It seems like set up to discredit them.

Whats up with you righties anyhow?
Proof? Seriously come to a denial of common sense?
Fine..no proof, no video of some guy in a timepiece 3 corner cap actually writing it.
But the evidence is pretty much a given

And here is from the TPP.org link about how awesome it was to watch the farm bill fail...not because of the huge corporate welfare the fed gives poor farmers, like kellogs and the like (-lol-) but because it denies that guy living in a shanty his bag of chips and other high fat cheap stuff
Tea Party Website article thingie

I recommend the comments on the article below.

To demonstrate the poorly educated masses that make up the tea party, I will highlight a part of a comment within the comments section

We need to support our Farmers. After all without them whatever food that becomes available for purchase will have to be purchased from other countries. America needs to be self supporting and that means supporting our hard working Farmers and Ranchers. Food stamps on the other hand is something else entirely. There are way too many able bodied people on entitlements and this cannot continue. I agree with the above poster who pointed out the abuse perpetrated everyday on the system. There is no such thing as a free lunch and no one knows that better than taxpayers. - See more at: www.teapartypatriots.org...


This chap thinks its some poor farmer trying to nurture the crops on his 3 acre land to sell to the market. heh...how cute and absurdly nieve. The farms that profit from this aren't your local farmers market type farms, these are the gigantic megafarms, McDonalds feed farms,

Yes, the poor farmers and ranchers indeed.

Meanwhile, they flip the hell out if they find out someone whom makes about nothing a month got a pepsi...like somehow giving a poor person a bag of chips = total destruction of our nation

The farm bill is estimated to ultimately peak at a trillion dollars (that's a T), the pubs are wildly concerned with 20b in the SNAP program...while ignoring the rest. Most of the money goes to the poor corporate rich.
I want someone who may still have a little bit of gray matter left in their brain to process that for a second and finally just stand up and ask, wtf?!!

Until then, it is moron attacking peasant.

Did the tea party write that specific note?
You know what...even if they didn't, they have in every way possible through their stances, their complete absurdly misunderstanding of the economics behind it all, and being a zombie.

Honestly, I don't know who "wins" outside of division in the low ranks if snap is eliminated...the corporations selling food don't win, they get 100% of the food assistance money...so who does win considering it is less than 1% of the actual farm bill? Something to consider also while your pretending outrage


Farm Bill 101
edit on 12-8-2013 by SaturnFX because: forgot half a sentence, and cowbells



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by muse7
 


And?

Give me PROOF that this was written by a Tea Party member or someone that claims they are one! Till then I have my odds on You..........



4 to 1 odds.....


edit on 11-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)


Lot's of libs infiltrate groups to do stupid things and then smear the group. Classic psy op



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by F4guy
 





"Don't see nothing???" That translates to "do see something" since a double negative implies a positive. So, what is it that you do see?


I see someone wants to play english teacher again :

WHAT PROOF is on that letter ?



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx
 





avoiding the issue of the OP, with the use of the classic "switch and compare" and you get more stars than he does. tends to show the mindset of some people here on ATS. and somehow equating the discrimination and abuse of people on assistance by taking away what is for most the only monies they may receive to live on, with that of gun owners, makes his argument


Stopped reading after the fist sentence I see miss the second part of that ?

Where it says there is no national tea party committee...



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok
 


Did I say cut off all the aid?

DID I ?

Quote it.

Getting tired of people misrepresenting my posts they clearly say what they say until someone twists them to suit their own agendas.
edit on 12-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX
 


Saturn, come on man.
Where is the proof of this single instance that it came from a Tea Party Member and/or Group.

The whole, "Yeah, well you did this" argument is best saved for dealing with my kids.

edit on 12-8-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock
 




The anti cooperate far left "stomp out" as you call it is just a name the left gives its failure to win that war....so they fall back to a position of political victimization. Its a bunch of crap.

Just like this idea that the "far left" doesn't exist. The fact it exists in broad daylight and is the lefts primary victory for its efforts over the decades. It can and does now exist at least as a real platform in the american political theater. They defend themselves by saying the radicals are "over there" somewhere.....misdirection. They are able to do this because of a decades long conditioning program that has managed to move radical left ideas into the "margin closer to the middle".


Far Left doesn't exist in broad daylight. Do you see any Left Libertarians in office, in the media, appointed by anyone? Nope. We simply do not have a voice in this country. What does exist in broad daylight is Liberalism (center) Conservatism (right) and Progressivism (center left) and now there's a new war on Progressivism... it's the new dirty word in ideologies.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Did the tea party write that specific note?
You know what...even if they didn't, they have in every way possible through their stances, their complete absurdly misunderstanding of the economics behind it all, and being a zombie.



Oh, so now it is time for the Strawman defense eh?



So, even if they are not guilty, "guilty by way" of a logical fallacy?
:shk:
edit on 12-8-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Logarock
 




The anti cooperate far left "stomp out" as you call it is just a name the left gives its failure to win that war....so they fall back to a position of political victimization. Its a bunch of crap.

Just like this idea that the "far left" doesn't exist. The fact it exists in broad daylight and is the lefts primary victory for its efforts over the decades. It can and does now exist at least as a real platform in the american political theater. They defend themselves by saying the radicals are "over there" somewhere.....misdirection. They are able to do this because of a decades long conditioning program that has managed to move radical left ideas into the "margin closer to the middle".



Far Left doesn't exist in broad daylight. Do you see any Left Libertarians in office, in the media, appointed by anyone? Nope. We simply do not have a voice in this country. What does exist in broad daylight is Liberalism (center) Conservatism (right) and Progressivism (center left) and now there's a new war on Progressivism... it's the new dirty word in ideologies.


Have you ever read some of Mrs Obamas left college papers? They were posted on line at one point. Anyway she is the first lady and that's pretty broad daylight.



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The intellectual dishonesty displayed by those who would use this stupid picture as proof of anything is astounding. The hypocrisy on display is equally baffling. There was a time in America that communities supported those in need and thus the ones getting help wanted to get on their feet as quickly as possible as Mrs. Smith's children were going without things while they supported you. There use to be a time that not having a job was somewhat shameful.

America has been the most charitable nation on earth, and some people ARE freeloaders. I have NEVER met anyone who would deny helping those truly in need, but we all know many are milking the system. They have a free ride only it's not free. It's ruining the country and losing a generation to the idea of a free lunch.

Think all you want that those of us who believe it's better to teach a man/woman to fish to feed themselves for a lifetime is better than giving them a fish for a day are mean, selfish and uncaring. Eventually the gravy train will end and all these lazy and unskilled people will get violent to take what others have earned. They will justify it with lies.

The problem with socialism is that eventually you do run out of other people's money!
edit on 12-8-2013 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
[i
IT is a false dilemma when people tell me when they can't make in this world with out government 'benevolence'.

Straight up fact the government was not created to provide fiat currency and corporate products to the citizens of this country.

IT WAS NOT CREATED for that.

I do not agree,nor will I ever agree with anyone telling me that is what government is suppose to do.
edit on 11-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)



Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by sonnny1
 





Social programs are great,


No

They

Aren't.

There are a myriad of reasons why they aren't fraud and abuse is only the tip of the iceberg.

Manipulation by the body politic holding them over people's heads for power and control.

It is a road that must not be traveled.



That and your other posts seem to indicate that all social programs are inhernitly bad and the only solution is to therefore "get a job" or rely on charity.

Both "get a Job" and releing on charity are both pipe dreams seeing as :

A) Not enough jobs to go around

and

B) Charitys being woefully underfunded and no garentee you will get the help you need especialy with vulnrable people like the old and disabled.
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Both "get a Job" and releing on charity are both pipe dreams seeing as :

A) Not enough jobs to go around

and

B) Charitys being woefully underfunded and no garentee you will get the help you need especialy with vulnrable people like the old and disabled.
edit on 12-8-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)


Actually, if we had true capitalism and less government regulations there would be more jobs. Obamacare is killing the job market. I have seen study after study of the real amounts donated by liberals to charity and it's appallingly low. I won't pull em up, we all know who gives and who doesn't.

Cloward/Piven strategy is working and they are ruining America.



new topics

top topics



 
32
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join