It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 12
79
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I guess I may still be stuck in an age where computers weren't as prolific as they are now and a trip to the library was the only way to get source materials and to study for a certain class.




posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Well POTUS is implementing a dangerous, untested educational system called Common Core Standards which will nationalize education and be very costly too, so ultimately it may not matter what Obama's outrageous EO says. All students will be exposed to dangerously anti-American and Totalitarian indoctrination.


This is fear mongering at its absolute worst. Link me. Source me. For the sake of everyone else involved in this thread.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sellusnar
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I guess I may still be stuck in an age where computers weren't as prolific as they are now and a trip to the library was the only way to get source materials and to study for a certain class.


I was the same way when we had to research old newspapers for research projects, the library had a purpose. Now it does not. IF a parent was available to take the child to the library in order to study it would save the family a ton of money in computers/textbooks and expand the child's mind incredibly. When I was young and went to the library it was special it was the only way to get information, you had to flip through the index cards to find a book. We are losing our sense of reality in this respect. Our children have no flipping clue how to look up a book in a library without a computer.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
See that word "disparate" in the sentence, "promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools...?"

It means "different" or not comparable. For example: A white kid and a black kid are both caught spraying graffiti at the school. The white kid gets suspended for 3 days. The black kid gets expelled permanently.

The law doesn't say not to punish black kids, it says not to punish them differently (ie more severely) than any other students. But as usual the right wing will spin this to make it all about giving special treatment to black kids. I mean, come on, Mr. Conservative? LOL

You guys honestly think that the President would enact a law that says schools are not allowed to punish black students no matter what they do? OMG that's ridiculous!




posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
See that word "disparate" in the sentence, "promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools...?"

It means "different" or not comparable. For example: A white kid and a black kid are both caught spraying graffiti at the school. The white kid gets suspended for 3 days. The black kid gets expelled permanently.

The law doesn't say not to punish black kids, it says not to punish them differently (ie more severely) than any other students. But as usual the right wing will spin this to make it all about giving special treatment to black kids. I mean, come on, Mr. Conservative? LOL

You guys honestly think that the President would enact a law that says schools are not allowed to punish black students no matter what they do? OMG that's ridiculous!



Despite whatever spin is put on the situation, the educational system is flawed incredibly and it reflects on the opinions of teachers as well. The teachers I know are absolutely miserable due to new rules and control over their methods of teaching. Obama wants to fix these issues? Pay the teachers a living wage for christ sake.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I won't argue with that. Let's face it. The education system in the US has been going downhill for a while now but it's not Obama's fault. That's also a situation that will not be solved by a thread on ATS. Quite frankly it will never be solved because people are easily distracted by stories such as this.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


I won't argue with that. Let's face it. The education system in the US has been going downhill for a while now but it's not Obama's fault. That's also a situation that will not be solved by a thread on ATS. Quite frankly it will never be solved because people are easily distracted by stories such as this.



What is with this new attitude on ATS? Let's face it, deal with it, this is how it will be, we can't solve it. Then why are we talking?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by ButterCookie
 


Could you tell me what part of the executive order you don't agree with?

www.whitehouse.gov...

Articles have a tendency to spin things

peace


Just read his ideas. I guess I would have to questions that why are a lot of black students so far behind the other students? There is no mention of mexicans or asians. I think that the purpose of this act is misguided. You cannot force some to learn something that they do not want to learn. It is not the schools faults if black students do not want to apply themselves. It is crazy that he is putting this on the schools instead of on the students themselves. Just exactly why are black students at least 2 grade level behind everyone else? Maybe the problem is with the students themselves and not the schools. They sit in the same classrooms and have the same books, the same homework the same length of a school day. I think the problem is not the schools themselves but the people who are attending the schools and moreover the parents who either cant encourage their kids the get an education or just dont care. This act seems to me to be quite racist as it doesnt seem to give any care for the education of other races, or is it that other races value their education and the blacks dont? That may be true for a small amount of the african americans living in America, but I hope it is not true for all of them.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Because someone read a disingenuous article on a right wing blog and started a thread about it, stirring up a bunch of knee-jerk reactions that are woefully misplaced?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Because someone read a disingenuous article on a right wing blog and started a thread about it, stirring up a bunch of knee-jerk reactions that are woefully misplaced?


Then report it and get it sent to the Hoax bin, don't argue it.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Why would I do that? That's no fun.

I'm not arguing. You guys are the ones who are arguing. I'm just pointing out what the wording really means. Certainly you can see the pointlessness of you all arguing about something that is not even what Obama did with this act?



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Why would I do that? That's no fun.

I'm not arguing. You guys are the ones who are arguing. I'm just pointing out what the wording really means. Certainly you can see the pointlessness of you all arguing about something that is not even what Obama did with this act?


My entire stance is this is not about race or the EO or anything it's about a family structurally flawed due to feminism and the economy. I guess I am totally off topic to be honest, but isn't that conspiracy?
I see the pointlessness in the racist spin and I am pointing it out. Period.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte
 


And if it was posted on a left wing blog it would be viable?

2nd



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Ok well then you know what I mean. To be honest I only read the first few pages and nobody was catching on so I posted. Apologies if you felt I was singling you out specifically.

Yes, I've heard about feminism contributing to the demise of family structure. You should start your own thread if you haven't already. I'd be interested in reading it.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Ok well then you know what I mean. To be honest I only read the first few pages and nobody was catching on so I posted. Apologies if you felt I was singling you out specifically.

Yes, I've heard about feminism contributing to the demise of family structure. You should start your own thread if you haven't already. I'd be interested in reading it.


No offense taken

Been working on my own thread about this a while... one day



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sellusnar
 


If it was posted on a left wing blog, do you think the author would spin it to look like Obama was giving black kids a free pass for any and all bad behaviour?

Stick with facts, not spin. Read the words and think for yourself. Don't rely on the pundits to tell you what something means.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
reply to post by ValentineWiggin
 


Why would I do that? That's no fun.


Sadist



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte
 


I actually did read the words and I do think for myself. I never in fact take the pundits at their word. In fact I never said I agreed or disagreed with what was said only stated my opinion on education.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Sellusnar
 


Yes, reading your posts I can tell that you're one of the few who doesn't rely on pundits' interpretations. And you are keenly aware of context, which is so important and how most people are manipulated by the media, right and left wing.



posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
Common sense would dictate that we would both be sent home. How is being mouthy to a Principal worse than a second offense fight instigator?
You're still advocating unequal treatment.


You can't be serious.

Educators who are in charge of disciplinary action are human beings, in case you aren't aware.

If someone is not cooperating, causing a stink, and using inappropriate language, then the discipline is obviously going to be steeper than it would be towards someone who cooperates.

Doesn't really matter how many times you've done it before; if you challenge the ego of the guy who's dishing out your sentence then he's going to give you the maximum penalty that he could justify. I never said it was fair, I said it was going to happen. It's obvious.
edit on 10-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
79
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join