It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by beezzer

Well played, freedom-hating progressives. Well played.

Beezzer I love ya, but you got played in this. Look at the big picture for a minute.

I am. Really. Is it the school system that is racist then? Is the teachers union responsible for the racism alleged by those that support the presidents position?

Obviously there are race issues, ergo; the presidents decision to conduct the EO.

Who is responsible for the education system?

Teachers Union?
Secretary of Education?

Where does the buck stop?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss
reply to post by beezzer

I wasn't aware Arne Duncan made daily trips to every school in the union to make sure no racial bias was taking place? Damn. Where's his cape?

I mean, our President is black (admittedly half), yet there is still plenty of open racism here in the Republic, take this thread for instance. Do you see the logic gap?

So it's the teachers that are racist?

The (majority) liberal teachers?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Well played, freedom-hating progressives. Well played.

Beezzer I love ya, but you got played in this. Look at the big picture for a minute.

I am. Really. Is it the school system that is racist then? Is the teachers union responsible for the racism alleged by those that support the presidents position?

Obviously there are race issues, ergo; the presidents decision to conduct the EO.

Who is responsible for the education system?

Teachers Union?
Secretary of Education?

Where does the buck stop?

Racism is the distraction from the real issue, family structure/economy/the pressure for both parents to work so the child does not have dedicated care and discipline from the start.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Racism is the distraction from the real issue, family structure/economy/the pressure for both parents to work so the child does not have dedicated care and discipline from the start.

Truth.

Why the EO then?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I guess that shows a difference between public and private education vs schools in the military (for me it was DODDS schools when I grew up as a airforce brat). If a child/teenager acted out in school it reflected on the parent who was in the military. The parent was to show that they have some sort of control at home.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ask Obama.
Or don't and just write your senators about the truth.
What else can we do?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ask Obama.
What else can we do?

What can we do?

Ignore the hate.
Ignore the divisiveness.
Treat everyone equally.
Treat everyone with respect.
Ignore or (preferably) bitch-slap the next politician you see.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ask Obama.
What else can we do?

What can we do?

Ignore the hate.
Ignore the divisiveness.
Treat everyone equally.

No offense honey but you used the word "ignore" a whole lot on a site that "denies ignorance" ...................... I would love to bitch-slap the next politician I see though

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I wasn't aware Arne Duncan made daily trips to every school in the union to make sure no racial bias was taking place? Damn. Where's his cape?

I mean, our President is black (admittedly half), yet there is still plenty of open racism here in the Republic, take this thread for instance. Do you see the logic gap?

Did you just admit that Conservatives are inherently more racist than Liberals, and that since most educator positions are held by Liberals, that the existence of racism in our schools is somehow... shocking? Is this a coming out party?

Or are you purposefully being facetious and trying to illustrate that racism is still very much endemic within American society these days?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Did you just admit that Conservatives are inherently more racist than Liberals, and that since most educator positions are held by Liberals, that the existence of racism in our schools is somehow... shocking? Is this a coming out party?

Or are you purposefully being facetious and trying to illustrate that racism is still very much endemic within American society these days?

Oh get off of it already, stop antagonizing the propaganda. Take the word "RACE" out of your vocabulary and look at it from a different prospective.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ask Obama.
What else can we do?

What can we do?

Ignore the hate.
Ignore the divisiveness.
Treat everyone equally.

No offense honey but you used the word "ignore" a whole lot on a site that "denies ignorance" ...................... I would love to bitch-slap the next politician I see though

I "ignore" the darkness by looking towards the light.

Now on a site where they "embrace ignorance", I would be in the wrong.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Ask Obama.
What else can we do?

What can we do?

Ignore the hate.
Ignore the divisiveness.
Treat everyone equally.

I "ignore" the darkness by looking towards the light.

Now on a site where they "embrace ignorance", I would be in the wrong.
'

You cannot know light without knowing what darkness is my friend.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Garkiniss

If there is a race issue within the education system (heavily populated with liberal progressives) then it would be safe to assume that liberal-progressives are racist.

Would it not?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

You cannot recognize light without darkness.

link   

reply to post by Garkiniss

If there is a race issue within the education system (heavily populated with liberal progressives) then it would be safe to assume that liberal-progressives are racist.

Would it not?

Yes. It would. Would it mean that all liberals are racists? No, of course not. Just like not all Conservatives are racists, but there is an issue that needed some resolving, hence the EO.

What can we do?

Ignore the hate.
Ignore the divisiveness.

I would say expunge. Ignoring something doesn't make it go away.

Treat everyone equally.

That's what this EO is trying to do. No one is talking about giving black students a "free pass."
People merely want equal treatment across the board.

...bitch-slap the next politician you see.

I knew we'd find common ground.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

link   

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

You cannot recognize light without darkness.

My point exactly. Seems as though we agree after all

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I do have to say that all students are on equal footing when it comes to education only there are those who aren't willing to use it to their full potential. I believe some one said that inner city schools barely have a library or some such. That shouldn't matter as there are public libraries to use as well.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

All - pure savagery.

The 'cages' (aka Projects) have been torn down in most of the inner cities, and now they are running around LITERALLY like loose wild animals...no wonder the Left wants to disarm us...

edit on 10-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sellusnar
I do have to say that all students are on equal footing when it comes to education only there are those who aren't willing to use it to their full potential. I believe some one said that inner city schools barely have a library or some such. That shouldn't matter as there are public libraries to use as well.

I know you are my husband BUT...

There is absolutely no incentive for the average middle/highschooler to go to a public library unless they know they have to pass or fail. Not to be pushed through the educational system without having to put forth any effort. Another factor into this is money. Buy the textbooks, buy the required reading material, bring it to class or you fail. How about focusing on libraries and the economical perks of using them instead of pushing student loans in order to buy computers or pushing parents to buy computers just so their kids can make it through school? The entire educational system needs to be changed from College down, children/teens should be able to focus on classes related to their interests instead of "requirements". If I wasn't forced into classes I had no interest in when I was in high school I may not have dropped out. Twice. (But in my defense started college at 17 and acquired a degree nonetheless )

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well POTUS is implementing a dangerous, untested educational system called Common Core Standards which will nationalize education and be very costly too, so ultimately it may not matter what Obama's outrageous EO says. All students will be exposed to dangerously anti-American and Totalitarian indoctrination.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join