It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
At a loss for words...

Obama Tells Schools Not to Discipline Black Students for Bad Behavior

and there you have it.

The article explains itself.

On July 26th Obama signed an executive order titled the “African American Education Initiative.” The order essentially gives a green light for black students to misbehave in public schools. In two places, Obama’s executive order calls on schools to reduce the number disciplinary actions taken against blacks students. The order specifically calls on schools too “not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

In the wake of the heart breaking incident in Florida where three black teens brutally attacked a white younger teen on a school bus, this is what the President puts out to our nation.

Is this why the bus driver did not intervene?

And as for blacks in general? We are truly headed backwards as a race.

As the thread progresses, I will comment more on the evidence that we are headed backwards, but I just wanted to share this news to get thoughts and comments.

Wow.

+67 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

How much more evidence is required before everyone sees that this president is intentionally divisive???

What the #### ever happened to content of character?

(Forgive me, Dr. King)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Yeah that's exactly what he said and meant.
Wow is right. No out of context here.

+36 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Does anyone not know that the POTUS is racist? I think most of us clued in as soon as he started talking about the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Equal rights are supposed to be equal right?

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe the hope is that since any type of problem at school most likely have the student expelled and in most cases the student does not return to school therefor living a uneducated life on the streets and after 2 decades of this you will have a large population of people with no purpose.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Loss for words...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Absolutely.

The article goes on to mention this:

To comply, public schools would have to engage in a racial quota system of discipline. The executive order will create a new Federal bureaucracy to pressure school systems to comply with the president’s demands. The executive order makes no mention of any effort to get black students to improve behavior.

So there is a 'quota' on the number of black students that are disciplined, or it will be seen as 'racist?'

Please tell me they are kidding.

And where is the 'Civil Rights INDUSTRY', because it is a money making machine. on the matter of the white teen being attacked?

+23 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Does anyone not know that the POTUS is racist? I think most of us clued in as soon as he started talking about the Martin/Zimmerman case.

Equal rights are supposed to be equal right?

I knew it before 08’ when I learned he was a student of Black Liberation Theology and a member of Wright’s church. Then we saw it again in Obama’s book when he talked about his white grandparents. Then we saw it again with the Cambridge Police incident and the “beer summit”. On and ON and ON….

Nothing surprises me about Obama. The only thing surprising to me is that it took so long for some people to see it.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Link to Executive Order

Thanks for the link. No wonder I had trouble finding it. It came out in July 2012.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
@ Deter ~ 2012 my last comment is null and void. I should have checked the date, thank you!
edit on 9-8-2013 by sulaw because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is what Trayvon Martin in trouble! The school caught him with stolen jewelry and burglary tools and decided to look the other way. I expect nothing good to come from this "order".

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Could you tell me what part of the executive order you don't agree with?

www.whitehouse.gov...

Articles have a tendency to spin things

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
But why? Giving black youth free passes to act out in school does them no favors.
Just as a parent must sometimes punish his child to teach what is right, wrong, unacceptable, etc. it's about discipline. It's part of loving your child.
I can accept that Obama may favor blacks over whites, but this makes no sense.

+34 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

I can accept that Obama may favor blacks over whites, but this makes no sense.

See, this is where everything is screwed up. Imagine if GW was in office and someone just said "I can accept that Bush favors whites over blacks". What a messed up time we are in.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

www.whitehouse.gov...

peace

I'm don't know when ButterCookie will get back to you, but I have some problems with it.

African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education. African American student achievement not only lags behind that of their domestic peers by an average of two grade levels, but also behind students in almost every other developed nation. Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.

They don't lack Equal Access, most don't try to learn any more. They know that they can live off the Government tit.

decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals

Why only African American, your saying American Indian or American Chinese young students aren't given referrals? And prove to us Mr. Obama it been a Discriminatory practice and not the children acting out for attention or from the residue of drugs in their system from home.

implementing successful and innovative education reform strategies and practices in America's public schools to ensure that African American students receive a rigorous and well-rounded education in safe and healthy environments, and have access to high-level, rigorous course work and support services that will prepare them for college, a career, and civic participation

Only African American Children, Why, not Indian Americans, Pakistan Americans or Heaven Forbid, White Americans!

ensuring that all African American students have comparable access to the resources necessary to obtain a high-quality education, including effective teachers and school leaders, in part by supporting efforts to improve the recruitment, preparation, development, and retention of successful African American teachers and school leaders and other effective teachers and school leaders responsible for the education of African American students

Well, teacher are going to teach to classes that want to learn.
You have the teachers union and so you can't fire a teacher that just set's and let's the class do what ever they want.
So. Unless you have your Chicago Thugs in the class rooms watcher the teachers to insure they are giving special interest and attention to African American student only, you fail.

The Commission shall consist of not more than 25 members appointed by the President. The President shall designate one member of the Commission to serve as Chair. The Executive Director of the Initiative shall also serve as the Executive Director of the Commission and administer the work of the Commission. The Chair of the Commission shall work with the Executive Director to convene regular meetings of the Commission, determine its agenda, and direct its work, consistent with this order

But of-course the Tax Payer will pickup the tab for your make'em fill good Crap!
edit on 9-8-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

www.whitehouse.gov...

peace

Because it specifically states "In two places, Obama’s executive order calls on schools to reduce the number disciplinary actions taken against blacks students." that in and of itself is racist. It gives blacks a 'pass' on deviant, unproductive, and sometimes violent behavior.

How is that productive for the students, if they have yet another 'victim' pass; "I'm black and because of that, I am expected to behave in a specific manner."

More victimhood indoctination from the Left.

What part of this is good?
edit on 9-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

See, this is where everything is screwed up. Imagine if GW was in office and someone just said "I can accept that Bush favors whites over blacks". What a messed up time we are in.

This phenomenon is known as “white guilt” and has been around a long time. Whites in our society have been conditioned to default to this position with regard to blacks.

Many white people REALLY believed if they didn’t vote for the black presidential candidate they’d be considered racists. Many others believed electing a black POTUS would somehow make the racial divide in this country go away. Both were wrong!!

One only needed to pay attention to the vile hatred preached by Obama’s mentors to know how he would govern. Favoritism, racial politics and preferential treatment for blacks was a given and people were OK with this!! Until we ALL STOP making race an issue we will never get past this….and that goes for people of all colors, including blacks in power! It’s time to move on and take personal responsibility. If your life sucks, it’s not because you’re black, white or brown; it’s because of your personal actions and decisions. Our country is going down the drain because of the idiots we’ve elected to run it….that is still our fault!

**RANT ENDED**

If I were a teacher, I would disregard Obama and do what I think is best. We all need to do that and try to get past this race-baiting garbage.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Maybe the hope is that since any type of problem at school most likely have the student expelled and in most cases the student does not return to school therefor living a uneducated life on the streets and after 2 decades of this you will have a large population of people with no purpose.

I always thought there should be ways of punishing students without expelling them. When I was in high school, we got smacked with the paddle and pretty hard too.

posted on Aug, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

www.whitehouse.gov...

peace

Because it specificall states "In two places, Obama’s executive order calls on schools to reduce the number disciplinary actions taken against blacks students." that in and of itself is racist. It gives blacks a 'pass' on deviant, unproductive, and sometimes violent behavior.

How is that productive for the students, if they have yet another 'victim' pass; "I'm black and because of that, I am expected to behave in a specific manner."

More victimhood indoctination from the Left.

What part of this is good?

Could you please give direct quotes from the EO that states this?? I have read the EO and can't seem to find it... But I may have missed it, since there is a lot of words there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join