It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Tells Schools Not To Discipline Black Students For Bad Behavior

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Well POTUS is implementing a dangerous, untested educational system called Common Core Standards which will nationalize education and be very costly too, so ultimately it may not matter what Obama's outrageous EO says. All students will be exposed to dangerously anti-American and Totalitarian indoctrination.

This is fear mongering at its absolute worst. Link me. Source me. For the sake of everyone else involved in this thread.

45 of the states have already adopted Common Core Standards willingly. It's simply a standard to hold children to for math and language.

I wouldn't take much of what ThirdEyeOfHorus says very seriously; lest you want to indulge in the counter-intellectual mindset that everything in the world revolves around the fallacious slippery slope dynamic and that homosexual marriage will mean we are all allowed to have sex with gophers. Guy's a bit of a loon.
edit on 10-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

So Obama tells that it's ok to discipline white students and not ok to discipline black students? This one couldn't more racist. Your POTUS is an idiot guys

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Should I have any children, I had decided long ago that they would not enter into the public school system. I will hire a tutor, whatever else I need to make sure they are properly educated, but I will not send them into the "system". I've seen enough of what the system does to children.

I suppose this solidifies my decision. I don't want my child to go into any school where discriminatory practices are taking place. I don't care what skin color you are or where you come from, there should be no rule that says that blacks should not be disciplined as much.

Obama must be out of his mind, because there are just as many at risk children in this country who are white and other nationalities.

This country is in deep trouble, and the only way we can solve these problems is to come together and not let anyone divide us no matter what our skin color is.

The conspiracy nut in me says that this is a divisive plan to widen the gap and create racial tensions. Yes, this is being done purposefully. We have a lot of psychopathic people as "leaders".

My future children will not be in the system. They won't get their vaccines, they will not be "institutionalized" and taught lies. Nor will they be at the mercy of some bully who thinks they can get away with anything because of their skin color.

You just wait, they will try to outlaw home schooling so that you won't have the option.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This has got to be a joke....
Matters not what color you are, if yer a Scre up, then yer a screw up...Period.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
OK.

Hand up... who here actually read the order?

Heres a link directly to it.

Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans

What it ACTUALLY says, is this

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

It most certainly does not say "don't discipline black students for bad behaviour"

edit on 10/8/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Thank You!

I posted the actual EO on page 7 thinking some might actually read it.
Of course, like always, I underestimated human stupidity, and the thread continued.

reply to post by LightOrange

You can't be serious.

Educators who are in charge of disciplinary action are human beings, in case you aren't aware.

If someone is not cooperating, causing a stink, and using inappropriate language, then the discipline is obviously going to be steeper than it would be towards someone who cooperates.

Doesn't really matter how many times you've done it before; if you challenge the ego of the guy who's dishing out your sentence then he's going to give you the maximum penalty that he could justify. I never said it was fair, I said it was going to happen. It's obvious.

Again, you're injecting your own predjudice into this debate.

Look, this EO isn't asking for special treatment, it isn't asking for a free pass, it isn't asking that teachers ignore bad behavior. It's merely asking for equal and fair treatment.

You believe fair punishment is already being administered. If this is the case, then the EO will affect nothing, so the other side of this debate has no cause for concern. And if unfair treatment is happening, as many have pointed out, both in this thread, and all over the country, then this thread will offer these kids a better shot at a future, by affording them the same chances whites have. Either way, I'm not seeing the big deal from the right, other than it's another thing Obama did.

Again, the irony of this thread is astounding.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

Thank You!

I posted the actual EO on page 7 thinking some might actually read it.
Of course, like always, I underestimated human stupidity, and the thread continued.

I read it on page ONE and still get grouped into this faction of "stupidity" you describe, I'm sure.

Again, you're injecting your own predjudice into this debate.

No, I'm considering the variables. Huge difference.

Look, this EO isn't asking for special treatment, it isn't asking for a free pass, it isn't asking that teachers ignore bad behavior. It's merely asking for equal and fair treatment.

Which we very well may already have.

You believe fair punishment is already being administered. If this is the case, then the EO will affect nothing, so the other side of this debate has no cause for concern.

Yes, we just payed millions of dollars for an EO to be issued which does nothing. Fantastic. Nothing to see here.

And if unfair treatment is happening, as many have pointed out, both in this thread, and all over the country,

Then they should be able to prove it is happening by giving more details on the circumstances and the reasoning for the discrepancies between the suspension lengths.

Again, the irony of this thread is astounding.

For someone who claimed to have a 166 IQ a couple pages ago, you sure do misuse the word "irony" a whole lot.
edit on 10-8-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
I read it on page ONE and still get grouped into this faction of "stupidity" you describe, I'm sure.

That's really no one's fault but your own.

No, I'm considering the variables. Huge difference.

No you're considering ONE variable, and holding to it.
And that makes all the difference in the world.

Which we very well may already have.

That's your opinion... again.

Yes, we just payed millions of dollars for an EO to be issued which does nothing. Fantastic. Nothing to see here.

Again, your opinion. My opinion is to the contrary, as are the opinions of those who felt this EO was needed.
How many millions have Congress wasted in the past 50 months doing absolutely nothing constructive?
As I've stated, if this EO is unfounded then it will do nothing. However if just 1 student in helped by this order, then I consider it money well spent.

Then they should be able to prove it is happening by giving more details on the circumstances and the reasoning for the discrepancies between the suspension lengths.

Again, if you believe there is no ill will towards blacks, then you should have nothing to worry about.

For someone who claimed to have a 166 IQ a couple pages ago, you sure do misuse the word "irony" a whole lot.

If irony is the incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the expected result, then a thread designed to point out racism within the Obama adminstration, thus attempting to take the moral high ground by the GOP, that instead turns into a soap box for racist Republicans, is the very definition of irony.

Sorry, Sunshine, but maybe it's you that doesn't understand irony.

edit on 10-8-2013 by Garkiniss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow. In some cases the school is the only place some of these kids are even shown any sort of discipline. What's next? The criminal justice system will have a quota of how many blacks they can charge? Avoid urban centers at all cost, it's going to get even wilder.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
So I'm missing the part where this required an executive order and not a bill through congress. Seems like a bypass of a branch of government to me, it's "for the children"-tm how could congress vote against it?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garkiniss

Originally posted by votan
well explain to me the "different" type of disciplinary action???

are you saying that if i and an african american act the same exact way right now I get treated differently as opposed to the african american??

are you saying that different forms of discipline exist today solely for african americans and this executive order is here to rectify that??

so if i go to a school right now under the school hand book under the disciplinary action section you will find in the index

Chpt 20 Discipline
A. White discipline
B. Asian Discipline
C. Brown Dicipline
D. Black discipline.

Link

Link

Link

Would you like some more? There are literally hundreds of articles and vids to prove the fact.
This EO isn't to give blacks a pass, it's to give them an equal shot. That is all.

The irony of this thread is amazing, btw.

I read through all three links - all they say is that black and latino students are more likely to be suspended than white students. They don't state what the reasons for the suspensions were.

If a student has been expelled for trying to set fire to school property, violently attacking other students and teachers, selling drugs, then isn't it logical they should be expelled for the safety of everyone else?

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogMeat
This has got to be a joke....
Matters not what color you are, if yer a Scre up, then yer a screw up...Period.

OR.... if you get treated like a screw up, then you become a screw up....

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

African Americans lack equal access to highly effective teachers and principals, safe schools, and challenging college-preparatory classes, and they disproportionately experience school discipline and referrals to special education. African American student achievement not only lags behind that of their domestic peers by an average of two grade levels, but also behind students in almost every other developed nation. Over a third of African American students do not graduate from high school on time with a regular high school diploma, and only four percent of African American high school graduates interested in college are college-ready across a range of subjects. An even greater number of African American males do not graduate with a regular high school diploma, and African American males also experience disparate rates of incarceration.

They don't lack Equal Access, most don't try to learn any more. They know that they can live off the Government tit.

Way to generalize black students by saying that most don't try to learn, or know that they can exist off of the government's tits.

When I was in school, I was going to class, I carried an above 3.0 GPA in both High School and College, I graduated college and earned a degree, and currently I am not living off of the government's tit but actually working for myself and earning a living. So for you to sit here and say something like that about myself, and other black people that actually have done the opposite of what you've spouted, leads me to believe that you don't get out much outside of your sphere of ignorance, or you're a flat out racist. Maybe both.

I feel sorry for you, that you look upon people you don't even know with such scorn and hatred. I'm glad my life isn't sad like that.
edit on 10-8-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
OK.

Hand up... who here actually read the order?

Heres a link directly to it.

Executive Order -- White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for African Americans

What it ACTUALLY says, is this

(vi) reducing the dropout rate of African American students and helping African American students graduate from high school prepared for college and a career, in part by promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and by supporting successful and innovative dropout prevention and recovery strategies that better engage African American youths in their learning, help them catch up academically, and provide those who have left the educational system with pathways to reentry;

It most certainly does not say "don't discipline black students for bad behaviour"

edit on 10/8/13 by neformore because: (no reason given)

Yeah. I'm kind of baffled here as to what these people are talking about? I read through the order myself and I didn't see where it was stated that black students who act up(and that is due to a lack of a support system in the home. Children who have a proper parental support system in place will succeed academically more times than not over children whose parents do not give a damn, and that has nothing to with race or ethnicity) are not to be disciplined.

It seems that several people took a sensationalized headline, and ran with it instead of actually reading the document itself....all in an effort to have a racist circle jerk.

I'm not sure how the moderators here work but there are several comments in this thread that cross the lines of all decency and human civility. ATS should be proud to be a rest haven for klansmen and white nationalists.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

Moving past the fact that he pisses you off regardless - how is this executive order divisive?

Did you read it?

All of it?

In your own words - for someone who just isn't seeing it - please explain

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Where have you been the last 20 years? They've had an equal playing field for a long time. The problem is their socialization or lack thereof from their parents has taught them they don't have to try, coz the gov'ment goan take care of 'em.

An equal playing field for 20 years? When did it become equal then?

When an African American can get hired for a job before a white person, native american, or hispanic, and be very underqualified for the job than the former 3. I have seen it with my own eyes. You see, the U.S. government and white americans in general suffer from this thing called "white guilt", and feel oh so sorry for the slavery days so they give the african americans all these programs for free stuff instead of making them work for what they have. Obama himself was voted in office because of white guilt and while not all african americans do this, a great many have learned to take advantage of white guilt.

So in reality, they have had more than an advantage for the last 20 years than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Double

edit on 10-8-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

A few of us did read it on page one however we went a little off topic and happened to talk about how it starts at home.

2nd

posted on Aug, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What you have just told me confirms even more what I have always thought. Like Pit Bull Terriers are not born mean, children are not born hatful and racist..................they are both taught by the very people who are supposed to love and care for them.

Being black you have a front row seat into this insanity our president is perpetrating on this country, I wonder if you talk to other black folks what they think and feel about being basically mentally enslaved because of the color of there skin.

You are very brave to come out and state your feelings, I don't envy you one bit, life must be a roller coaster of emotion's for you and now your daughter.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join