It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well I, for one, certainly hope that they (government) impose more restrictions on my freedeoms and liberties in an attempt to keep me safer! Golly!

You forgot "It's for the children". Surprised they didn't work that in somewhere.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

The 'specific date' is Sunday. But the alert is lasting for the whole month and the TV news is saying that the embassies may stay closed longer than just Sunday.

Side note - Sunday is Obama's birthday. Some talking heads say it may be significant. That terrorists may be wanting to send Obama a 'birthday present' by hitting US interests.

Last night the TV talking heads were stating that there is some kind of high muslim holy day thing .. a 'day of forgiveness and power' coming on the full moon on Thursday. I have no idea if what they said is true or not. I'll have to look it up.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Maybe the FBI lost track of one of their guys. They radicalize them, give them a fake bomb, and bust them. What if they radicalized them, but then the person gets paranoid and cuts communication and decides to plan their on thing? I considered that as a possibility for the Boston Marathon.. it just didn't make sense to me that they would have all that info on the older brother and not keep a closer eye on him. He seemed like exactly the type the govt would try to radicalize and do their whole thing with.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Really if they are saying it is specific they are fairly comfortable with what they think is going to happen. But of course they do not want to release more than general details to 1.) catch them doing whatever it is they think they are planning to do. 2) cover themselves if they turn out to be wrong.

But on the other side of it one has to question whether or not this is something they are staging to convince people it is a good idea that they are being monitored. Which at this point wouldn't surprise me as much as I don't like to think that way about it.

Overall it's a damned if they do, damned if they don't scenario. If they don't issue the warning and something does happen, the right wing will be all over it calling Obama all kinds of incompetent. If they do issue the warning people will accuse (with fairly good reason) him of staging the event to keep spying on people.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
it just didn't make sense to me that they would have all that info on the older brother and not keep a closer eye on him.

We are talking about the government ... ... how often do they actually get things right?
(yes ... I"m jaded)
edit on 8/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

it just didn't make sense to me that they would have all that info on the older brother and not keep a closer eye on him.

We are talking about the government ... ... how often do they actually get things right?
(yes ... I"m jaded)
edit on 8/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

So you don't think it's possible? You don't think that it's possible that the fbi was radicalizing him and info fed to the brother, maybe inside knowledge about a drill with backpack ieds, might not have inspired the plan? It might be absurd, but it seems more likely to me than just a coincidence.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Wait a minute! Al Qaeda alert! We've just decided to send weapons to the Al Qaeda rebels in Syria as we did in Libya.
So, the West formed them and supported them in Afghanistan in the 80's.
The CIA asset known as Tim Osman (Osama Bin Laden) was used as a BoogeyMan for the 9/11 attacks in 2001, they became the good guys to support again in Libya and Syria and NOW they are back to being The Boogeyman again.
Is the general public REALLY that stupid to cry out their programmed phrase, 'Conspiracy Theory' in the face of such obvious boll*cks?
You are being played by the real Terrorists.
And funnily enough, the REAL Terrorists are the ones who tell you to look under your bed, in your closet, in your underwear and in your budgie cage for terrorists that they create themselves.
I see this as another false flag attack and if you see a training drill running or are asked to participate in one, run as fast as you can in the opposite direction.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Relax. I'm just saying that the government screws everything up.

ON TOPIC -
The embassies have been advertised as being shut down on Sunday.
That's the date of the 'specific threat'.
So ... wouldn't the terrorists just say ... "okay, we'll do it on Monday instead"??
Sunday is the start of their week. It's a regular work day.
So moving the 'hit' to Monday would just make it the second regular day of the week.

I don't understand why the government advertised that the Embassies were being shut down.

Also ... isn't it the duty of those countries to protect embassies?
Yes, we are supposed to be protecting our embassies.
But doesn't the host country have responsibilities to protect embassies as well??
I think so ... not sure ... but I think so ...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I am relaxed.. I am just asking.. have you ever considered it?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am just asking.. have you ever considered it?

- didn't enter my mind. - no I'm not considering it.
Sometimes a terrorist is just a terrorist.
And many times our government screws it up. Benghazi for instance.

Which brings me back to the subject of the thread. It could also be that they are reacting strongly this time because they screwed up so badly with Benghazi. This time they want to be sure not to be caught off guard. Maybe.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hmmm. Okay - this is strange indeed (not the terrorist threat - I'm kinda used to that after 12 years of it), but....
you mentioned tourism. And I have an odd little circumstance in my family now, that seems uncanny.

When the Boston April 15 bombings took place, my daughter, who had just moved there for a job, was out of the country - in Germany for a world-wide energy conference. Timing was perfect. (She likewise missed the huge blizzard, as she was on a weekend getaway when it hit!)

Now, another family member is going on a cruise -- to Scandinavia and Russia, during the month of August. I've debated alerting her to this, just in case she hadn't heard it - but, maybe she'll be safer in Russia than she would be if she cancelled her trip...

I don't want to exacerbate her "pre-travel" jitters any more than needs be - but do you suppose a major Cruise line might be targeted? It departs from Amsterdam. Suggestions? Anyone?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I've always said that cruises are the must vulnerable of all soft targets.
Easiest to hit. No protection. Massive casualties.

My parents used to travel a lot. Every time they'd travel in the fall, some major disaster would happen near where they were. They were in San Francisco for a major earthquake that brought down the big bridge there. They were in Kansas when a massive tornado hit and wiped out a town. Train derailments ... they were on the train next to it. Blizzards. They'd be part way on their trip and major blizzards would hit where they were going. On Sept 11 they were in JFK airport watching the towers burn while they waited for their (cancelled) flight to France. They never got to Europe. That's just a few of the things that happened while they were taking vacations in the fall.

I used to tell them ... NEVER VISIT ME in the fall.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I don't understand why the government advertised that the Embassies were being shut down.

I would imagine that they thought if the buildings and grounds were empty, the terrorists wouldn't bother to attack after all. But, I'm just guessing. I'm so glad I don't have to make these kind of action calls.

And to think when I was a kid, I was so enthralled by James Bond that I wanted to be a "spy". One of my parents' friends was a CIA spy - back in the 60s. I don't recall his name, but I remember wanting him to tell me about being a spy, and thinking it was exciting. Now I'm, well. Grown up. I got over it. REALLY over it.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
CNN - Chatter of Al Qaeda in YEMEN is the source for the warning

The chatter among al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula operatives had gone on for weeks but increased in the last few days, the officials said.

Taken together with a warning from Yemeni officials, the United States took the extraordinary step of shutting down embassies and issuing travel warnings, said the officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

While the specific target is uncertain, U.S. officials are deeply worried about a possible attack against the U.S. Embassy in Yemen occurring through Tuesday, the officials said.

According to this LEAK ... they are most worried about the US Embassy in Yemen.

The reason for the world wide alert -

Officials have told CNN that some analysts believe the threat is solely in Yemen, while others are convinced plots are under way in several countries.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Maybe linked to this ... maybe not ...

INTERPOL issues global security alert

Interpol has issued a global security alert in connection with suspected al-Qaida involvement in several recent prison escapes including those in Iraq, Libya and Pakistan.

The Lyon, France-based international police agency says that the alert follows "the escape of hundreds of terrorists and other criminals" in the past month. The alert calls on Interpol's 190 member countries to help determine whether these events are coordinated or linked, the organization said in a statement Saturday.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

But we KNOW it wasn't just a terrorist. Our government admitted total talking to him and looking into him. His family said he was in regular contact with the fbi. His attack was pretty much written by the govt as a drill. And we have seen the fbi set up multiple people, radicalizing them, supplying them and busting them. I'm not saying false flag I am saying it could be that one got away. It would be foolish not to consider and as long as the government continues using that tactic it is likely to happen (if it hasn't already).

I am not trying to derail just throwing out an idea. Though it would probably be unlikely they would warn in that scenario, I do think it is pretty much inevitable if they (fbi) continue busting domestic terrorists using their current m.o.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Interesting timing given that projections for a MAJOR STOCK MARKET TOP are for the middle of August (2 x fibonacci 13 yrs since the 1987 harmonic high). Terror Attack (FF??) of 9/11 proportions??
edit on 3-8-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

The warning is world wide ... and it includes warnings for private, military and government places/people. It could be anything. The LEAK said Yemen is the focus but I guess time will tell ...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Okay, lets recap what we have discussed so far:

Most likely days for attacks
August 4th, 2013
August 8th, 2013
August 31st, 2013

Suspect areas are:
Libya
Yemen
US Embassy
POSSIBLE United States

edit on 8/3/2013 by Chibears85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

SG,

You may have hit the nail on the head with that thought. I was thinking along the same lines myself. Perhaps the fear of the boogieman is to keep us at home where TPTB can keep us "safe" from.....who? Ourselves?

ETA: I don't think I've ever seen a Travel Advisory that had an expiration date that was definate like this one seems to have. Seems odd to me.
edit on 8/3/2013 by hoagy1199 because: after thought

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join