It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Not only are the embassies being closed, but a world wide travel alert has been issued.
Haven't seen one of these in a long while.
So where are all the big players going to be?
Obama is supposed to be at Martha's Vineyard during this time.
Hmmm .... where are the rest going to be??

Business Insider - State Dept Issues World Wide Travel Warning

The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued potential for terrorist attacks, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa, and possibly occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula. Current information suggests that al-Qa’ida and affiliated organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks both in the region and beyond, and that they may focus efforts to conduct attacks in the period between now and the end of August. This Travel Alert expires on August 31, 2013.

Terrorists may elect to use a variety of means and weapons and target both official and private interests. U.S. citizens are reminded of the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems and other tourist infrastructure. Terrorists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as aviation and maritime services. U.S. citizens should take every precaution to be aware of their surroundings and to adopt appropriate safety measures to protect themselves when traveling.

We continue to work closely with other nations on the threat from international terrorism, including from al-Qa’ida. Information is routinely shared between the U.S. and our key partners in order to disrupt terrorist plotting, identify and take action against potential operatives, and strengthen our defenses against potential threats

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I smell a false flag on the way.

Maybe they need an excuse to put boots on the ground in Syria?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Shiz is about to go down

Im staying away from London till it calms down.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why do they cut the alert off at 8/31??? Are all al Qaeda operatives going on a vacation or something?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
All of this smells fishy to me. They want to close all Embassy's in ME countries, they put a travel alert up for the next month??? They must be trying to scare the public again so we take our attention away from all the NSA spying.. If anything, this will help them justify to the US what they're doing all along.

Govt official- " See..... All this spying is for the good, for your protection, especially in times like this"

Us- "BS"

Govt official- "No seriously, its really really bad out there"

Us- "BS"

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmmmmmm Aug 31 . . .

not that far from 9/11 . . .

Is there another repeat performance being set up?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
There was a report saying for the first time, Americans thought the NSA was not protecting them from terrorism. So now they need some fear to keep the public inline. This is terror color schemes with a facelift.

www.theguardian.com...
(posted four days ago)

And "an even larger percentage (70%) believes that the government uses this data for purposes other than investigating terrorism."

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Very odd. I wonder if anything happens, when it will happen and what will it be...

I wonder if it will be the stranded 'attack NYC and DC' that has already happened and is mentioned for more attacks to come.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well I, for one, certainly hope that they (government) impose more restrictions on my freedeoms and liberties in an attempt to keep me safer! Golly!

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I strongly suspect it is being done to justify the spying being performed on Americans. Odds are some bomb will go off sometime this month in an area that could have americans in it and they can claim it is justified.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I kinda wondered about that. A build up of some kind to 9/11 ....
Or maybe a cigar is just a cigar and this is a separate issue that has come up.
I guess we'll find out over the next few weeks.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I think otherwise. I think this could be a real threat and not a 'distraction'.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yah, another anniversary, end of Ramadan, embassies shut down, travel alert...

How stupid can we be, they already exploited that weakness. I doubt they will try the same thing again during such a heightened state of alert.

First rule of guerrilla warfare is to hit 'em where they ain't. The next attack will be just as big a surprise as all the rest.

A lot of long, sleepless nights ahead for those on guard duty.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I havn't seen one of these in a long time either. This doesn't feel right. I do not like this at ALL

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
I havn't seen one of these in a long time either. This doesn't feel right. I do not like this at ALL

I don't feel good about this one either. Just does not seem right

link   
It just makes zero sense to me. If al Qaeda is real (and not CIA driven) we should ALWAYS be on alert knowing that they declared a holy war against us... So are they saying September will be a calm terrorism month or something? This just makes zero sense to me, unless they are just trying to scare the public again with this propaganda

link   

Does this have anything to do with the more than 1000 prisoners that escaped a Libya Prison?

Also wanted to note that I don't think the Government gives Any Warnings when preparing for a False Flag.
It wouldn't make sense to give a warning anyways.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

Does this have anything to do with the more than 1000 prisoners that escaped a Libya Prison?

Also wanted to note that I don't think the Government gives Any Warnings when preparing for a False Flag.
It wouldn't make sense to give a warning anyways.

They warn us because once the false flag happens they will state that they knew something was coming and with the heightened security it wasn't even good enough, which means they will need to increase security/spying even more to help put the nerves of the public back at ease... Well, thats at least the way I take it...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

That is not really what this means. They are saying that a bigger threat then they have gotten before has been received, causing the warning. They believe the threat should be taken care of or done by August 31.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Will this affect air travel in the coming weeks? As someone I know will be at an airport tomorrow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join