It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I agree with your position and on most of everything that you have written to this point.

Like many, I have been watching this story since it broke into the public domain. "There is a significant threat in the Middle East and Africa" is what the U.S. State Department has made known to the public. Additionally, Gen. Martin Dempsey; Chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff has stated: "..that yes, it is an Al Qaeda and affiliates threat"., He further stated in the interview with ABC News correspondent, Martha Raddatz that the 'intent is clear' to attack "Western" not just American locations in the region.

Further reports and comments state:

Specific threats to Western targets in Muslim countries have prompted the closure of a number of U.S. embassies and consulates after a terroristic threat made by an al Qaeda branch was deemed active and credible, U.S. officials said. The threat, made by al Qaeda fighters in the Arab Peninsula, has forced 21 embassies spanning 5,000 miles from Algeria to Bangladesh, to close their doors on Sunday. Officials intercepted electronic communications this week between senior al Qaeda leaders in which they discussed attacks in the Middle East and Northern Africa, according to a senior U.S. official in the region.

Source

"It is more specific and we are taking it seriously, which I think you'd expect us to do," " "There is a significant threat stream and we're reacting to it."

So, I would I believe what we (public) already know that which has been shared, the U.S. is not going to specifically say 'everything' it knows. Doing so would reveal, sources, methods, covert operations and other Intelligence methods.

This is a THREAT!! Unequivocal!! By declaring that we know this, and have expressed warnings at the 21 locations which have been discussed along with the announced travel warnings is fully appropriate and depending how events change, this is a fluid situation, further announcements, changes should be expected.

There is no question that we have 'actionable' intelligence and we are not broadcasting it for the reasons articulated above, we are not going to reveal our capabilities, but we will announce and try to protect innocent people from this potential threat. Which by the way, may already have been deterred, deferred or hopefully in the process of being terminated. As we speak, UK, Germany, France, Canada, to name just a few have followed the U.S. lead and have issued similar warnings about travel and closing sites in an effort to protect their citizens and any residual innocent people near the designated areas.

I agree, Benghazi was a botched operation right through the full chain-of-command. So, hopefully this is an indication that we have learned a valuable lesson on that mistake. Bottom line, IT'S ALWAYS BETTER TO BE SAFE, THAN SORRY!! And with that said, we all know there are no guarantees. All It takes is one fanatic with bombs strapped all over his body to walk in the Sheraton Hotel in Yemin, where Westerners stay and blow himself, the building and everyone in the vacinity up. We are dealing with a sickness,with fanatical Islamic Militant unemployed punk thugs who are using misinterpreted visions of the Quran to pick up guns, knives and bombs in the name of Allah and kill the Infidels (anyone who doesn't believe in their twisted beliefs).
edit on 3-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

edit on 3-8-2013 by ItDepends because: sentence structure

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by canDarian
You people make me laugh,you sound like Edgar Casey,in those 6 pages I think just about every scenario other then nothing happening has been covered so I guess one of you will be right,but most likely none of you will be.

Like it or not the world has changed and the tools to mine information is a powerful one,if that tool helps domestic and foreign plots to be unearthed and foiled then by all means mine away.

It's a conspiracy if a terrorist plot is successful,it's a conspiracy if the plot is foiled,now it's a conspiracy that the US Government is attempting to warn it's people of a possible attack.

I couldn't and wouldn't live like that,you guys just must be so scared all the time.

The truth is the majority of people on here feel themselves superior to the average person in that what they believe they know somehow elevates them above the average citizen,but it doesn't.

Everything in your post suggests that you miss the point entirely. While people may guess what the Elites have in store for us(because based on prior events and our aggregated research on things we know they are planning always), the point of a false flag is to produce a result such as taking away our liberties, or invading our privacy. Your post suggests that no matter if it is a false flag or a real event, you do not object to having your or our liberties taken away, and that is sad, because people who don't object to invasive snooping or having a TSA agent probing your underpants are the ones who collectively make it possible for them to do just that with your permission.
Remember, the original Boston Tea Party dumped tea in the bay, thus sparking the revolt that won us our freedom. Today it is people like you who ridicule and condemn the modern day Tea Party revolt or anyone else who isn't ready to settle for this kind of treatment by an Elite who skim the wealth from everyone else then insult us further by suggesting we should want to part with our hard earned dollars by giving it to the Elites worthy causes(Agenda 21 or whatever). .

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

This is a THREAT!! Unequivocal!! By declaring that we know this, and have expressed warnings at the 21 locations which have been discussed along with the announced travel warnings is fully appropriate and depending how events change,

If the State dept and the WH botched Benghazi and subsequently covered it up(and we know they did and are) what makes you think they care enough about us to issue warnings without something behind it that they themselves are forewarned about. Remember, somebody high up made a lot of bucks dumping their BP Oil stock with insider knowledge. Then they proceeded to botch the cleanup efforts of a governor of a major state affected by it, and they further used it to shut down offshore drilling for the US. Everything these people do are for their personal benefit and/or the benefit of their Marxist agenda. Shutting down our drilling was a direct attack on behalf of Agenda 21. They knew ahead of time, we didn't.
People died in Benghazi and we think they care enough about us to issue warnings that don't have a false flag attached?
All they need now is that little color meter running at the bottom of all the MSM news outlets. But as some have said, some people like to cash in on real opportunities and not let them go to waste. It could be a real threat.
Look at Pearl Harbor, the Japanese were definitely a real threat, but the President thought if he just let the bombing happen it would be the pretext he needed to get us into the war.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by ItDepends

This is a THREAT!! Unequivocal!! By declaring that we know this, and have expressed warnings at the 21 locations which have been discussed along with the announced travel warnings is fully appropriate and depending how events change,

If the State dept and the WH botched Benghazi and subsequently covered it up(and we know they did and are) what makes you think they care enough about us to issue warnings without something behind it that they themselves are forewarned about. Remember, somebody high up made a lot of bucks dumping their BP Oil stock with insider knowledge. Then they proceeded to botch the cleanup efforts of a governor of a major state affected by it, and they further used it to shut down offshore drilling for the US. Everything these people do are for their personal benefit and/or the benefit of their Marxist agenda. Shutting down our drilling was a direct attack on behalf of Agenda 21. They knew ahead of time, we didn't.
People died in Benghazi and we think they care enough about us to issue warnings that don't have a false flag attached?
All they need now is that little color meter running at the bottom of all the MSM news outlets. But as some have said, some people like to cash in on real opportunities and not let them go to waste. It could be a real threat.
Look at Pearl Harbor, the Japanese were definitely a real threat, but the President thought if he just let the bombing happen it would be the pretext he needed to get us into the war.
edit on 3-8-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Yep, i understand your position and your reasons for it. It appears this thread has changed slightly to DO YOU BELIEVE OR DO YOU NOT BELIEVE

Officials intercepted electronic communications this week between senior al Qaeda leaders in which they discussed attacks in the Middle East and Northern Africa, according to a senior U.S. official in the region. "It is more specific and we are taking it seriously, which I think you'd expect us to do," Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsy told ABC News during the interview for "This Week." "There is a significant threat stream and we're reacting to it."

And then, do you think it was prudent, sensible to have announced to the public the potential terrorist threats based upon the above and additionally advise people to be cautious regarding overseas travel.

We can discuss maybe in another thread all of the problems with the credibility of this Administration and others, but regarding this particular situation, most of us are just trying to keep informed, share insights about the threat and then make up your own mind. I remain open minded and I hope nothing terrible happens and no loss of life or large destruction happens. Perhaps we have already deterred, deferred or terminated this particular threat now or continue to do so.

All I am stating is based upon what I know, I believe it is prudent, smart, the right thing to have informed the public, obviously based upon lessons learned. And let me make it further clear, I am in no way endorsing this Administration. I am an American and am hoping our citizens and assets are being protected with all of our intelligence, assets and weapons that are needed to do so.

edit on 3-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My guess is that Israel is going to hit Iran soon. Or vice versa.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

Now that is something I failed to consider in relation to this current situation. However, due to the fact Iran just had an election over the weekend.

Iran supreme leader endorses next president Hassan Rouhani formally endorsed by Ayatollah Ali Khameini to succeed Mahmoud Ahmadinejad as Iran's president.

Source

I would believe that a greater period of time will be considered to see what this new guy does and says. If nothing changes or worsens, then your scenario is very plausible.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

I don't know. The information didn't really talk about Israel and Israel hasn't been making any troop movements or civilian 'preparedness' things that we know of. It's kind of quiet, relatively speaking, in that area. But I suppose it's something to keep an eye on as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I can't help but feel that we as ATS members, should be practicing one rule of thumb that we have learned when things like this come up. they obviously want us watching the left hand right now. So of course we should be looking at the right hand.

I like many of you, have been sitting here pondering this. One thing that just popped into my head, was the gas attack scenarios they just practiced in the New York subway system.

Someone had mentioned earlier that the DHS has been mighty quiet throughout this whole thing. if the left hand is in the Middle East, the right hand could very well be at home.

I'm not saying this is the case but it is something feasible to think about. was that testing on the subways a possible clue to what's to come?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Even Canada is starting to close their embassies:

Canadian mission in Dhaka to close Sunday, says Foreign Ministry spokesman

ca.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The thing that sends the red flag up for me is that they call everyone/thing Alkida. (All kidya)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Canada is closing it's embassies Sunday?? Okay .. that's REALLY interesting.
France Closing Embassies August 4
Germany, USA, and United Kingdom closing embassies August 4
Okay ... this just got bigger.

edit on 8/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think it's related .. but you never know ...

Federal Railroad Administration Emergency Order Number 28 Notice 1
Issued today ... for transportation of hazardous materials.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I just heard it aswell about the Germany, and England, this might be something really serious...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

The most credible threat in years

The terrorist threat prompting the U.S. government to close nearly two dozen embassies and consulates Sunday is the most specific, credible threat information in years, CBS News senior correspondent John Miller reports.

Intelligence officers have reporting from a reliable source that a major plot is under way and that the team to carry it out has been selected and is in place, Miller reports. The specificity ends there.

What authorities don't have is the date, the timing or the target of the attack, which is why they have taken such an approach to warning potential targets, Miller report

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
And they said them 'terrorst's' were on the 'run', that they were 'decimated' and other rubbish.

Looks like the only people who are on the run is America.

Embassy closures. Travel Alerts. what a complete JOKE this country has become.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Worst timing ever. My brother is taking a plane in a few hours to Washington DC...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I havnt read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned how al Qaeda just freed lots of prisoners at a couple of prisons?

I thought they might have something big planned when they did that, might be connected

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by FlyersFan

Does this have anything to do with the more than 1000 prisoners that escaped a Libya Prison?

Also wanted to note that I don't think the Government gives Any Warnings when preparing for a False Flag.
It wouldn't make sense to give a warning anyways.

More than 1,000 inmates have escaped from a prison in Libya as protesters stormed political party offices across the country.

It wasn't immediately clear if the jailbreak at al-Kweifiya prison on Saturday was connected to the demonstrations. Protesters had gathered across Libya over the killing of an activist who had been critical of the Muslim Brotherhood.

Inmates started a riot and lit fires after security forces opened fire on three detainees who tried to escape from the facility near Benghazi, a security official at the prison said. Gunmen quickly arrived at the prison after news of the riot spread, opening fire with rifles in a bid to free their imprisoned relatives.

Those who escaped either faced or were convicted of serious charges, the prison official said.

Special forces later arrested 18 of the escapees, while some returned on their own, according to Mohammed Hejazi, a government security official in Benghazi. The three inmates wounded in the initial escape attempt were taken to a local hospital, he said.

At a news conference, the prime minister, Ali Zidan, blamed the jailbreak on those living around the prison. "The prison was [attacked] by the citizens who live nearby because they don't want a prison in their region" he said. "Special forces were present and could have got the situation under control by using their arms but they had received orders not [to use] their weapons on citizens ... so the citizens opened the doors to the prisoners."

Zidan said an alert would be sent to border posts about the jailbreak and officers would receive a list of the escapees' names.

Benghazi's security is among the most precarious in post-revolution Libya. Last year, US ambassador, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans were killed in an attack on a US diplomatic mission in the city.

Meanwhile on Saturday, hundreds gathered in the capital, Tripoli, after dawn prayers, denouncing the Friday shooting death of Abdul-Salam Al-Musmari. They set fire to tyres in the street and demanded the dissolution of Islamist parties.

The two incidents highlighted Libya's deteriorating security situation and the challenges the north African country faces as it tries to restore calm nearly two years after the ousting and death of longtime dictator Muammar Gaddafi.

source: www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Is it officially time to freak out yet?

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ahmadinejad, meanwhile, left no room for doubt nor pulled any punches in his last speech as president.

“You planted wind in our region and you will reap the storm,” he said of Israel at an al-Quds Day event. “I swear to God that a ferocious storm is coming and it will uproot the Zionist entity,” Iran’s state news agency IRNA quoted him as saying.

Meanwhile, Rouhani took office on Saturday, succeeding Ahmadinejad, after Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei endorsed him, Iranian media said.

Them is fighting words..
JPost
LA Times
edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

Heh...They planted wind
edit on 3-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join