It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I imagine they have a lot of specifics, they just are not sharing them.
And has anyone else noticed how much Egypt is hating us now?

edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
I imagine they have a lot of specifics, they just are not sharing them.

Closing all embassies over a vast region is anything but specific. It is a sign of weakness, that the enemy can plan attacks over a wide region and keep resources arrayed against them thinned out to maximum ineffectiveness.
Kerry or whoever is in place to be the next fall guy for Obama's administration should start screaming for better intel.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
They need to spy more so they get better specifics.

LOL

Yes, this is an aspect you can't afford to ignore. Make up some fake "terrorist threats", close some embassies and when nothing happens you can say "Look, the NSA, all the spying is a good thing"

Don't fall for this trick. Do not freely give away your freedom, make them show their hand and take it by force. Make them pay for it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Fearmongering 101! When has the United State's, its embassies, or its citizens not been at risk abroad? In light of that immutable fact, this is just your standard run-of-the-mill fear campaign. Anybody remember the colored coded terror alerts from the last decade, duct taping windows, and so on and so forth. Closing embassies over such a vast region is absolutely ludicrous. Moreover, it is blatant paranoia! We cave into a bunch of ragtag religious zealots?

Anybody, recall that age old tale of the boy who cried wolf? This story among so many others harken back to that children's story. This is like that mouse scaring an elephant. Just my humble opinion. They engage in these dry runs to test force capabilities, security measures, and overall response. Call it the terrorists' own fact finding missions. These responsive measures should be carried in more discreet manner, and not all over the international news. A good poker player keeps their cards close. In the meantime, the sun will rise in the east and set in the west, birds will chirp in the morning, and things will go on as they always have. In the meantime, I got ramen noodles on the stove, and I don't want to be late to my part-time job. All I am saying, is that there are other items on the plate just as serious or more serious than this latest foray into "Chicken little the sky is falling."
edit on 4-8-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Don't know, i see special forces units on the ground in Yemen, Libya, Egypt and Saudi Arabia blocked the president of Sudan from entering their country
edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When I first heard this, my thought was--too much distraction for Obama with his so called phony scandals, especially Benghazi and NSA spying--He needs to drum up something, show he can lead, distract from the other and defend spying. I think this is a false flag made up for political purposes. When nothing happens he can pound his chest like Tarzan. Should this be real it will be very bad, should this be false, in the long run it can be just as bad. He promised us change, he's trying to live his fathers dreams (do you know what they were) and our country is going downhill all with the conquer and divide machine he has built.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I read all the pages in this thread and I didn't see this posted, forgive me if I missed it and am repeating info. This is an article from Doug Hagmann relating to the embassy closings due to threat, the Arab Spring, and Benghazi.

canadafreepress.com...

"First, it is important to understand that the so-called Arab Spring did not start on December 18, 2010 as a spontaneous revolutionary wave of demonstrations by people to rid themselves from the shackles of governmental oppression. It was planned many years ago by the globalist power brokers, with the latest incarnations perhaps sketched out in the bowels of a Saudi mansion or an estate owned by a cabal of central bankers, partly to change the geopolitical power structure of the Middle East, and partly as a “jobs program” for the military-industrial complex... It should be clear that the Arab Spring, including the NATO action taken against Gaddafi’s Libya followed by the rebels attacks against Assad, is part of a globalist agenda rather than a spontaneous uprising that has become the official historical narrative for the naive... It is vital to understand that the embassy closures are a signal of the rapidly escalated intervention in the region by the US. It is a modern day equivalent to the Bay of Pigs, except Barack Hussein Obama is no John F. Kennedy. Those old enough might recall that the CIA trained and inserted a group of “freedom fighters” into Cuba to oust Castro. Exactly like the rebels in Syria, those fighters could never overthrow Castro without direct U.S. military intervention and assistance. The situation is exactly the same in Syria today. We are watching brinkmanship at multiple levels on a global chess board. We have done much to destabilize whatever relative peace might have existed in the Middle East through our actions at the hands of our globalist power brokers. Russia, Iran, Syria and China are not amused, and are not looking the other way. The time clock for the anti-Assad rebels is quickly running out. This administration and every elected official who has signed on to do the work of the Saudis and their handlers have painted us into a corner from which there is little hope for escape. We cannot trust anything we are being told, and nothing we are being told even remotely approaches the truth. We are seeing the beginnings of the transformation from a cold war to a hot war at the nation-state level. We are about to see a trigger event, after which nothing will be the same."

My personal opinion is that this new terror threat is acting as a distraction for the attention the CIA is getting the past couple days about their activities during the Benghazi attack. The fact that dozens of CIA agents were on the ground and in the area of the consulate seems to suggest to me that this was not some random attack or that our people were caught off guard. The fact they were in the area and were told to stand down multiple times says to me that the ambassador was supposed to die, and most likely anyone else who had knowledge of the activities in Benghazi and the arms running to militant organizations. I believe this is why they originally tried to frame it as an attack by random insurgents upset over the Muhammed video. The fact the CIA were heavily in the area and the gun running aspect have become mainstream news the past few days, right before this terror threat.

As far as the recent threat goes, I agree with many of the posters here that something does not seem right. Yemen has been a hotbed for AQAP recruitment and has become a major battleground, so to speak, at least since the targeting and murder of Anwar al-Awlaki and his son. I find it interesting that they've issued this warning but mostly that they've closed all embassies in the Mid East. It does seem to foreshadow a big event, possibly war. And that the "senior" AQAP terrorists were negligent enough to talk over open lines they would almost certainly know are being tapped is quite strange to me.

I'm of the mind that most of the Islamic terrorist originations are under some sort of operational control that stems from the US/UK, not that there isn't legitimate Middle East citizens upset over US imperialism and have decided to fight back with terrorist tactics, so that infamous phrase False Flag certainly comes to mind. It has been much too long from the globalist stand point since Americans have been scared straight as we were after 9/11, and it's quite obvious we are getting tired of the liberty loss and the national security states surveillance of us. I believe something big is in the works in order to facilitate consent.

Someone mentioned that Homs is close to being taken by Assads forces, which would be a huge loss for the US and the Syrian "rebels" backers. We could possibly see an event that would justify from the federal governments stand point an invasion or escalation of the "low intensity conflict" now taking place in Syria. I've always believed Assad must be taken out and control of Syria must be established before an attack on Iran can take place. With the Iranian elections I suppose there is hope for positive change but I seriously doubt it.
edit on 4-8-2013 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Al Qaeda is CIA.
This is why there is an embassy alert.
It's a shiny object to deflect your attention...

U.S. Sees Threat of al Qaeda Attack

WASHINGTON—Al Qaeda re-emerged as a top global security threat after suspected plots by an affiliate of the terror group led the State Department to issue a world-wide travel alert for the entire month of August.
>online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324635904578643890167811634.html

Rep. Peter King says Al Qaeda threat is 'very specific' as US issues travel alert

>www.foxnews.com...

------------------------------
Peter King is Roman Catholic and a staunch supporter of the security state apparatus.
That apparatus - especially the CIA, NSA and FBI were created by Catholics; the CIA by Knight of Malta Wild Bill Donovan - and this is likely an attempt by the CIA to knock the recent Benghazi revelations out of the headlines.
King was one screeching the loudest for Snowden's head and the killing of the amendment to stop NSA domestic spying.
--------------------------------------

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack
>thelead.blogs.cnn.com...

CIA 'running arms smuggling team in Benghazi when consulate was attacked'
>www.telegraph.co.uk... .html

Obama WH Is Hiding Benghazi Survivors AND CHANGING THEIR NAMES
>www.thegatewaypundit.com... eir-names-video/

Al Qaeda is on the US payroll.
Al Qaeda is CIA

Obama Pays Al Qaeda $150 Per Month In Syria
>www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well just a quick glance at social media at the moment, not many people (who actually concern themselves with this kind of stuff) aren't really buying into the "terror threat"

I am mostly seeing this is a distraction tactic.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well they better make it big then....perhaps something nuclear or biologic to scare everyone properly this time?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

INDEED.

I'm not sure they care much any more that we are on to them in larger numbers.

They rightly believe that nothing can or will stop their tyranny so they seem to almost exalt in rubbing their evils in our faces . . . even to the point of transparently setting up and setting off another false flag.

Time will tell.

I don't have any great intense premonition about this time period . . . I just don't think it is THE LEAST BIT OF A COINCIDENCE . . . and I do not think they are merely doing a casual preliminary proactive, pre-emptive Embassy closing . . . just to be on the safe side. I think there's a lot more to this than it appears on the surface.

What is still a mystery.

I just don't trust D.C. any further than I could throw all the buildings and fat politico rears in the whole area.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Chibears85

So who do you think design, schedule and light off

1. the "REAL" threats

and

2. the "DISTRACTIONS?"

. . . Hint . . . the same NWO oligarchy of tyrannical arrogant politicos etc. from hell.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Chibears85

imho, they plan to make Denver their new National Capital--at least of the Western half . . . I doubt they'll shred it quite so soon, if at all.

Of course, they could certainly pull off some limited kind of devastation that could still kill a lot of people.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Are you trying to imply that anyone

should consider the Destroyer in Chief and the DC full of enablers

and the NWO evil puppet masters from hell

anything CLOSE to sane?

That just doesn't work well for me. Would take too many mental gymnastics.

The travel ban may be for a list of reasons. Regardless, you can bet that the evil traitors at the top will use it to their fullest advantage, regardless.

edit on 4/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw

If something does happen and heaven's forbid anything does, false flag or not. Be safe in these coming weeks AUG 31st is a long way out 29 days to be exact.

Many blessings and stay safe~ Flyer thank you for posting this!

[color=6699FF]indeed! Are there any experts or folks who have a list of such . . . who could list on this thread the sorts of alert actions we all would do well to tweak up in this time period?

What little I can remember from the days in Taipei just after 9/11 . . .

1. Avoid folks who are behaving questionably--particularly with backpacks etc.

2. In large attractive-to-terrorist gathering . . . be mindful of the nearest exit. . . . sit strategically whether in a restaurant or wherever . . .

3. have a few alternate courses of action and escape routes in mind.

4. Have some water and a snack etc. with you.

5. IF you are trained and your options are limited in a crisis situation--and you are ready to meet God--take whatever redemptive action seems wise to save as many others as possible.

6. When the chaos of a crisis is still happening or has just happened--it may be easier to make an escape or take successful action than after things have settled in and calmed down.

7. Prepare to use whatever furniture and other objects are available in whatever ways would be helpful to protect life and defeat the enemy. Think outside the box.

8. Carry some dental floss. There are various uses . . . strategically.

9. Scope out who else in the immediate area might be trustworthy and helpful in a crisis situation. Consider connecting in some way even if it's merely eyes and some non-verbal signals--ahead of time.

10. Forget rules of the road. Deal with threats as decisively as possible, if escape &/or hiding are not options

OTHERS?

edit on 4/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags

edit on 4/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: poor grammar

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItDepends

The language in the founding documents doesn't have to be distorted for such religionists to feel ordered by their faith and founder . . . even their god . . . to do their utmost to exterminate non-members.

Regardless . . . the puppet masters have set this cocked-up meme and strategy loose on the world . . . wound it up far more than it would have otherwise been. And this embassy closing smells very suspiciously, to me.

However, white-washing evil, wherever it is under whatever label won't help survival-wise, imho.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

If people start going out to Colorado .. then I'd be really interested.
Obama will be out of DC. Supposedly he'll be at Marthas Vineyard.
But if we start hearing about Denver ... that'll be big. IMHO

Agreed.

I've long contended that there have to be some ATSers who work close enough to some of the elite oligarchy . . . or at least close enough to observe their comings and goings . . . who could alert us . . . even if there were a mod who was designated to collect such warnings by private message . . . and when it reached above a certain minimal level, the mod could start a thread giving a tentative heads up . . . I think it's worth doing.

But I've never been able to convince others enough to see even meaningful comments on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

[The joke I had typed here about . . . farting . . . has been deleted because some folks might take, imho, irrational offense . . . ]

I don't see anyone in DC as anything close to an action figure hero.

They are all sniveling traitors bent on the destruction of the Republic and a massive reduction by force of our patriotic population as well as the rest of the population.

Whether this period of probable attack will see that level of disaster remains to be seen.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
SAN FRANCISCO TERROR THREAT

abclocal.go.com.../local/san_francisco&id=9195195

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
reply to post by ItDepends

The language in the founding documents doesn't have to be distorted for such religionists to feel ordered by their faith and founder . . . even their god . . . to do their utmost to exterminate non-members.

Regardless . . . the puppet masters have set this cocked-up meme and strategy loose on the world . . . wound it up far more than it would have otherwise been. And this embassy closing smells very suspiciously, to me.

However, white-washing evil, wherever it is under whatever label won't help survival-wise, imho.

Sorry, but I do not understand anything you wrote in response to my post. Instead of trying to be a cleaver wordsmith, which you are NOT. Could you pleeeeaaassseee just say something intelligent that can be discussed???

"However, white-washing evil, wherever it is under whatever label won't help survival-wise, imho." HUH?????

We are under the alert of a potential Terror attack from Al Qaeda Fanatical Islamic Radical Terrorists!!!!!!! Puppet masters?????? Get real please.
edit on 4-8-2013 by ItDepends because: grammatical correction

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join