It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aug 2 State Dept Issues WORLD WIDE Travel Alert until Aug 31

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Is it officially time to freak out yet?

That actualy does mean the terrorists win.....

Fear is exactly what they want.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Oh wait duh....its the Meteor Showers next week!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ValentineWiggin
Is it officially time to freak out yet?

No, and if you do feel being inadequate perhaps it is time you start prepping for extreme situations.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
on Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 8m

Susan Rice chairs emergency WH meeting on terror threat incl #SecKerry, #DefSec, Sec DHS, @Martin_Dempsey, DNI & Directors of FBI, CIA, NSA.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
On a slightly off topic note, I wonder if we will see the Emergency Alert System be used for the first time for something non weather related.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Officials have told CNN that some analysts believe the threat is solely in Yemen, while others are convinced plots are under way in several countries.

Even so, security has been greatly tightened across Yemen as a result of local intelligence that al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula was planning attacks in major cities, such as the capital, Sanaa, or Aden, a senior Yemeni national security official told CNN Friday.

Yemeni intelligence agencies alerted authorities of the threat two days ago, when the Yemeni president was in Washington, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Britain, France and Germany said their embassies in Sanaa would also be closed on Sunday and Monday over security concerns.

The UK Foreign Office warned its citizens Friday against all travel to Yemen, and it strongly urged British nationals to leave now. "If you don't leave the country now while commercial carriers are still flying it is extremely unlikely that the British government will be able to evacuate you or provide consular assistance," according to the Foreign Office warning.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Close all embassies!
I think america is going to WAR!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The dates are almost exactly the same as the U.S. Congressional summer recess. They'll be back September 9th, and they all bugged out of town promptly at end of day Friday, August 2nd.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Or maybe that meteor that hit Russia last year wasn't alone....

Russian meteor may have gangmates in tow
Orbital estimates pinpoint 20 asteroids on similar paths to rock that exploded near Chelyabinsk.

Nature
edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

which seem to be these rocks here...
Asteroid pinpointed as source of Meteor
edit on 4-8-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Problobly because they where questioning why they weren't

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
on Williams ‏@WilliamsJon 8m

Susan Rice chairs emergency WH meeting on terror threat incl #SecKerry, #DefSec, Sec DHS, @Martin_Dempsey, DNI & Directors of FBI, CIA, NSA.

Susan Rice? The same Susan Rice who went on all the Sunday TV shows trying to sell the American public on the fake story about Benghazi being a spontaneous thing and not a terrorist attack? :shk:

We are so screwed.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
On a slightly off topic note, I wonder if we will see the Emergency Alert System be used for the first time for something non weather related.

I"m told that the Emergency Alert System failed to activate on 9/11.
I hope 'they' have worked the bugs out on it. But I wouldn't count on it.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
So what the hell has changed ? No one on the planet is more safe because
of this alert. I personally don't have any more fear at all. Everything is exactly
like it was before the alert. We're all just as much sitting ducks as we were
before. i'd just like to thank my gov. for filling everyone in regarding the main
points of concern and avoidance. That way I guess we can all be equally
afraid.

Shaken all over.
edit on 4-8-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Seems all is quiet so far. It must be at least 2:00pm if not later in some places over there. Then again, it is still early here. Going to be a very interesting or just another day either way. Still just cant shake that nagging feeling it is going to be closer to home then people are thinking.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Almost half way through the day of Alert Day 1 out of 3 and nothing yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hmmm. Lots of stuff in the works about looming pandemics too. Could this be evidence of inter-agency cooperation? ...a stretch I know but.....

S&F&

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chibears85
Almost half way through the day of Alert Day 1 out of 3 and nothing yet.

Sundays tend to be quiet, but this is REALLY quiet

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This is either pure BS on the part of the US to distract from the NSA scandal or its a feint by the "terrorists" to see if we blink whenever they threaten something "big".

The official described the terrorists as saying the planned attack is "going to be big" and "strategically significant."

"The part that is alarming is the confidence they showed while communicating and the air of certainty," the official said, adding that the group - Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula - appeared to have a media plan for after the attack.

The official also said authorities were stunned that the group broke "operational security" - meaning they talked likely knowing it would be picked up by intercepts.

US Official: Al-Qaeda Messages Indicate Planned Attack 'Big'

No way are real "terrorists" gonna break protocol like that on the eve of a major attack. This whole thing just doesn't pass the smell test IMO.

edit on 8/4/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Surgically implanted bombs.....nifty.

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They need to spy more so they get better specifics.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join